One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

Bueno is amazing. I got so excited in my game to finally get a big youth prospect, then I come here I find out both your first two prospects are better, and it's not even anything out of the ordinary for this academy. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scarman - Even one star potential ability normally classifies them as a decent Liga BBVA player so we had six players who could potentially play in top flight.

noikeee - Bueno is a curious one for me,not had a player in his position who can use either foot so I hope it pays off for him but he will be very handy in the future.

deltablue - He had some anyway but it will freshen things up and make it easier to rotate.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-43.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-78.png

Manager's Thoughts

As good a month as that looks,the defeat against At.Madrid has really cranked up the pressure as they didn't lose a single game and are only 6 points behind us with nine games to play.The victory over Real Madrid was very impressive considering Sola was banned for it so Ander Diez showed why he can be regarded as 2nd choice for the lone striker role.Sola was at his best as he put Sevilla to the sword with a 6 goal haul.We finished P.S.G off in the CL to win 9-1 on agg and we will now face our title challengers At.Madrid in the quarter finals.

April is a massive month for us,we have the return game against At.Madrid in the league as well as the CL quarter final ties with them.We also have to face Athletic and Barcelona in the league this month and these games will definitely help decide where the title ends up.We have Jaen,Getafe,Villarreal and surprise package Las Palmas which we must remain unbeaten against them as the pressure has been well and truly cranked up,we must not let all our hard work get undone done now.Sola has single handedly kept us going in the title race,if it wasn't for him then we wouldn't be where we are,he has 130 goals in 46 appearances.He needs 20 between now and the end of the season to equal last season but it's going to be a close call if he is to do it.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-44.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-79.png

Manager's Thoughts

The league title is now wrapped out as we won it on the 30th April due to results going our way even though we were in action in the Champions League.The draw againsr Getafe was acceptable as I played none of our first XI,the oldest player on the pitch was Mikel Rodriguez at 23 years old,that match also saw appearances from Alcantara and Bueno.The rest of the matches in the league showed our dominance,however the game against At.Madrid was a mismatch just like the 2nd leg in the CL as they were missing seven players due to injuries in both games.We got through to the Semis of the CL as we beat At.Madrid 6-1 on agg,we've got off to a good start in the semis as we beat Spurs 2-0 but we will have to do the 2nd leg without Sola who will be suspended!

May is now here and we will have a minimum of five games to play,we have three league game as well as the Copa del Rey final against At.Madrid.We have the 2nd leg of the Semi-Final where we have a slight advantage but we have to see it through to make sure we get to the final.The winners will face Juventus or Man Utd (Man Utd lead 1-0 after first leg!).Iker Sola is close to breaking his own record last season,he currently has 147 goals in 54 appearances,he needs three to equal last seasons tally so I am now expecting him to beat it.

Luckily the one time you lose your match is not televised hehe

Incidentally,practically the same thing happened in April,the one match we drew wasn't televised either :lol:

Edit: Due to a limited amount of time at the moment,I will be basically doing all updates month by month.With May being the final month,I will show the top scorer and top of the assist chart as well as the final league table as well as screenshots for the Copa del Rey final and CL final.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - May 2025

May Fixtures

Untitled-45.jpg

Final League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-80.png

Important Matches

At.Madrid 0-2 Vitoria - Copa del Rey Final

Vitoria 3-0 Man Utd - Champions League Final

2024/25 Transfers

In order to start bringing the next generation through,I have sold some of the whiners off which has also helped with the financial side of things as well.Baradiaran was the most high profiled as he played 414 times for the club.This has been the most productive transfer window,could have made more then £21.5 million but didn't want things to drag on.

Player Analysis

Players Stats

Top Scorer - Iker Sola - 159 Goals

Most Assists - Miguel Angel Rodriguez - 79 Assists

Manager's Thoughts

We ended the season with a bang as we captured the Copa del Rey and the Champions League to claim another clean sweep.Sola was instrumental this month as he scored at least two in every game he played in and he ended the season with 159 which is more then last season.Next season will see him at his peak but he is getting very close to the 1000 mark.I have already started bringing in the next batch of u19's to help gain them first team experience.Towards the end of season I have been having problems with players wanting a new challenge which I have talked them around but give it a couple of seasons then I will sell one or two.

Our fifteen year stadium sponsorship is up in six seasons time so I am guessing it will be around then when a new stadium will be announced.Our main sponsorship is also up at the end of this season and hopefully our Worldwide rep will net us a bigger one.Our facilities are right near the top now as Youth Recruitment is now at an established level but I am not sure what will happen in the future as the Chairman's rep has started dropping so we will face a takeover in the near future,my contract is also up in two years so hopefully that will get sorted by the end of next season.

I think this will probably the best goals scoring season for him.He needs roughly around 350 goals to hit 1000 for Vitoria so he should definitely be able to do that.To be compared to your Milan side is quite an honour :D

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - The road to Mexico 2026!

Fixtures

Untitled-46.jpg

World Cup Qualifying Group

Untitled-47.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

Well that is Spain practically qualified for the 2026 World Cup.The game against Netherlands saw Sola take his Spanish tally to over 100.We weren't brilliant agaisnt Cyprus but with how poor the opposition is in this group,it seems like we did really well.The return game with Lithuania saw more goals get knocked in as Sola scored five in our 9-0 win which firmly keeps us on top.Not only do we have a 100% winning record,we've also scored 48 goals in 6 games,barring a major turn in events we are as good as through and I fully expect us to qualify once we have played the September games.

Next up is the Confederations Cup in which I will be treating seriously as it is the only International trophy in which Spain are eligible for that I have not won so far.We should get through the groups but it looks to get tricky after that.

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - Confederations Cup 2025

The Squad

Goalkeepers - Jose Zubillaga (Vitoria),David De Gea (Man Utd),Josep (Barca)

Defenders - Inigo Santos (Vitoria),Ignacio Romero (Vitoria),Rodolfo Bodipo (Vitoria),Roberto Aranbarri (Atletic),Juan Jose Leal (Juventus),David (Porto),Unai Zurro (Athletic),Javier Barabduaran (Valencia)

Midfielders - Adryan (Man Utd),Markel Aranburu (Vitoria),Francisco Gala (Barca),Rubern Hernandez (Valencia),Sergio Perez (Vitoria),German Revuelta (Barca),Miguel Angel Rodriguez (Vitoria),Ricardo Santamaria (Vitoria),Victor Sayegh (Inter Milan)

Forwards - Sergio Cardenas (Barca),Iker Sola (Vitoria),Ivan Vazquez (Valencia),

Group Stages

Group A                                             Group B                 
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Spain         3  3  0  0  11 2   9                  1st Ghana        3  3  0  0  6  1   9
2nd Argentina     3  2  0  1  7  3   6                  2nd Germany      3  2  0  1  5  2   6
3rd United States 3  1  0  2  4  8   3                  3rd Mexico       3  1  0  2  7  4   3
4th Thailand      3  0  0  3  1  10  0                  4th Tahiti       3  0  0  3  0  11  0

Matches                                             Matches
          Argentina 3-1 United States                            Mexico 5-0 Tahiti
           Thailand 0-5 Spain                                   Germany 0-1 Ghana

United States 2-1 Thailand                                  Ghana 2-1 Mexico
              Spain 2-1 Argentina                                Tahiti 0-3 Germany

Argentina 3-0 Thailand                                Germany 2-1 Mexico
      United States 1-4 Spain                                     Ghana 3-0 Tahiti

Knockout Stages

Untitled-48.jpg

3rd Place Playoff - Germany 1-0 Ghana

Manager's Thoughts

This would have been easier than it actually was if dodgy officiating didn't happen.We topped the group with ease and not even Argentina posed a threat to us.Things looked like it was going to be hell after the Semi-Final,as you can see we made two more fouls then Germany but ended up with 3 more yellow cards and a red card and that was with tackling set to normal!The Final turned out to be a uphill battle after playing most of the game with 10 men as Zurro was sent off on his debut!Our counter attacking performance clinched us victory with two second half goals as we claimed the Confederation Cup.

I have to be honest,Ghana actually did shock me.Mexico had a strong side and found themselves losing to Ghana as did the Germans as no one could stopthe African nation in the Group Stages.The 3-0 loss to Argentina in the semi-final was a bit harsh,they were outclassed but not that badly.They lost 1-0 to Germany in the 3rd placed playoff and it was a very undeserved loss,the had the better of the match and lost to a controversial penalty in the 45th minute!It was such a bad penalty decision that if I was manager,I would have blown my top in the press conference.

Onto World Cup 2026 in Mexico where dare I say,we should be favourites to lift the trophy.

Cheers fella :D

I've never fielded a pure Vitroia XI for Spain,don't think the media would like that considering they moan when picking my own players for Spain in the first place :lol:

deltablue - I fully agree with that statement,things may change after I leave the Spain job but till then I'm in charge!

cerud - I'm going to come out and say that this will be is best season and things will go down from here.

Scarman - I have to be honest,at the end of March,I was fearing we were going to lose the title but thankfully At.Madrid got hammered by injuries!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2024/25

2024/25 Transfers

In order to start bringing the next generation through,I have sold some of the whiners off which has also helped with the financial side of things as well.Baradiaran was the most high profiled as he played 414 times for the club.This has been the most productive transfer window,could have made more then £21.5 million but didn't want things to drag on.

Competitions

Liga BBVA

League Table - Past Positions

Champions League

WINNERS

Group Stage - Knockout Round - Quarter-Final - Semi-Final

Club World Cup

WINNERS

Semi-Final

Copa del Rey

WINNERS

4th Round - 5th Round - Quarter Finals - Semi-Finals

European Super Cup

WINNERS

Supercopa

WINNERS

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 24/25 - Overall Best XI

Players Stats

Top Scorer

Iker Sola - 159 Goals

Most Assists

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - 79 Assists

Top 5 Special Mentions

Sergio Perez - Yon Etxebarria - Markel Aranburu - Eneko Santos - Angelo Roman

Manager's Thoughts

Another clean sweep this season but it was mainly down to Iker Sola who actually beat his record last season but I can't expect him to keep doing this as he literally carried us at times as the midfield did let him down a bit in the early season.We have good youngsters coming through which will help keep things fresh in the coming seasons so I won't have to rely too heavily on some players with exception to Sola as I want him to get over 1000 goals for the club.The only thing I wanted to have a league campaign where I go unbeaten but once again we failed so hopefully it will be better luck next season.

No sign of a new stadium as I've only done seven years here so we have a very long wait till a new one will be allowed.We've managed to improve Youth Recruitment so it stands at Well Established but I'm not too familiar with what the highest ranks are for recruitment.The Chairman's status has dropped to enjoying life at the clubs so we will have a takeover bid to look forward to in maybe 2-3 seasons time.On a Vitoria related matter,my assistant manager Michel Salgado will be doing double duties as I've hired him as the Spain u21 manager!I've have two years left on my contract so I am expecting a new one at the end of the season.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
2022/23      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNNRS        23066             Won Treble!
2023/24      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        28854            Clean Sweep!
2024/25      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        30919            Clean Sweep!

Iker Sola - Race to 1000 Goals

As things stand

Season Apps Goals Av.R
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 9 5 7.07
2014/15 45 12 6.90
2015/16 43 35 7.48
2016/17 39 13 6.94
2017/18 36 20 7.15
2018/19 24 15 7.33
2019/20 51 29 7.27
2020/21 59 49 7.46
2021/22 58 78 8.11
2022/23 55 106 8.57
2023/24 57 150 9.00
2024/25 59 159 9.14

International 61 117

TOTAL 596 761

He is getting ever closer,after the end of last season he stands on 761 goals if you include his international tally so only needs 239 more goals to make 1000 in total.To reach 1000 for Vitoria,he needs 356 more goals to hit 1000 for the club.With the way things have gone in the last few seasons then he could possibly do it by the time he hits 30.I definitely want it done by the time he is 33 so that is about 7 years at just over 50 goals a season will see him do it.

The only thing I have left is to be the number one club in the world (we're currently 2nd behind Real Madrid.)I would love a new stadium named after me but that's not a necessity.

Sola has never really had any major injure,a couple of little niggles but never been out more then a month so hopefully that will continue.

deltablue - I just hope he goes out with a bang and it's nice to see most of his goals coming in top flight as well.

buzz2k7 - I have no idea how they are above me but I'm going off that they probably have been the nearest challengers (with exception to last season) to us.With that it's managed to keep their rep above ours.If the next season pans out like the one just finished then we should move above them.

SRL88 - I don't think even injury can stop him.Sola's longest spell out has been 4 months but he has only had 3 major injuries.A broken foot in 2018 (4 months),concussion in 2019 (9 days) and pulled hamstring in 2020 (4 weeks) but that is it for injuries so he has had a very good career so far injury wise.

cerud - I call it glory hogging :D

buzz2k7 - Jinx Sola...Football Manager's listening.....the only thing that can stop Sola is my laptop blowing up :lol:

AK22 - Cheers fella :D

buzz2k7 - Let's keep quiet on the situation then so no jinxes will happen!

Mikal - That's harsh.I remember some of my previous players who only scored hundreds of goals.On FM09 I had a striker called Pablo Veron who retired on 666 goals for the club :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2025/26

Club Overview - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Untitled-49.jpg

I left it a bit late with the pre-season fixtures as the last one against Milan was not actually played till two days before the domestic season kicked off.Hopefully this error of judgement will go unpunished.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga

Ignacio Romero

Daniel Reuter

Iker Sola

Same picks for key players last season but I will need Reuter to step up his game as he didn't have a great season last season.Zubilllaga will probably end up having the most appearances for the club while Sola will be the all time leading goal scorer for the club.Romero will be the defender to help tutor the next generation of defenders coming through so all these players will carry on to do their part for the club.

Overview

There is still one thing I want to do and that is go the league season unbeaten,for all the success we have had,we still have not managed to do that and this could be as good as chance as any as the players are hitting their peak.Other then that,there is only really getting Sola to 1000 career goals then 1000 Vitoria goals which could take 2-3 season.Hopefully if we can have a successful season like the last two then we should be able to overthrow Real Madrid to become the World's best club.Not too bothered about the being the best side in the finances as we don't have a stadium to match Barcelona and Real which would help with finances.

At the end of this season,I should be offered a new contract as it runs out in 2027 and they normally give me a new one with a year to go.Things are still good here and I will be looking to start bringing through the next generation of players from the Academy which should see the club set for a minimum of 15-20 years which will put things in the 2040's and have all the older players retired and hopefully some will stay on as member of staff.Still been tempted by the Liverpool job as they are still in League 2 as restoring a fallen giant through by the youth system could be interesting but we will see after the my next contract is up.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-50.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-81.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were really sloppy in the Supercopa games against At.Madrid but we still managed to come out on top with a 4-0 agg victory to claim our third Supercopa victory.Things picked up in the league as we stuffed new boys At.Baleares 6-0 without really shifting out of 2nd gear.The Euro Super Cup game was against Man City in which I ruined a potential Manchester derby as we beat United in the final.Sola showed he is a force to be reckoned with as he put the Manchester side to the sword with a four goal haul which took his tally to 10 for the month.

September sees the return of the Champions League and we have been dealt a tricky group as we face Lyon,CSKA Moscow and fourth seeds Bayer Leverkusen!We open up with a home tie against Lerkusen before we travel to Russia to face CSKA at the end of the month,I will be aiming for a 100% record in the group.The league is actually pretty tough this month with games against Espanyol,Malaga,Real Madrid and Sevilla.We have another league game against Alaves but I'm not too concerned by that one as we should deal with pretty easily.

The thing what makes it impressive for me is that his technicals are not the best in the world bar finishing but he is damn good.

Everyone knows physicals are where it's at, and Sola has them in abundance! ;)

Good start to the season none the less.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2025

Fixtures

Untitled-51.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-82.png

Manager's Thoughts

We are two for two in the Champions League,we beat Leverkusen 5-1 in which we felt so generous that Rodriguez was sent off after 42 minutes and Romero scored an own goal,CSKA Moscow were no match for us as we waltzed past them.The league saw us on fire,we destroyed Alaves and Espanyol where Sola scored in each match,Real Madrid couldn't even deal with us even though we had 9 men!Malaga were lucky to only concede two while Sevilla's bad season continued as we won 5-0 while playing the game with 10 men for 81 minutes as Santamaria was given a straight red.

October looks to be an easier month for us as the most difficult game is Getafe who we struggled against last season as well as surprise package Real Sociedad who have shown improvement in the last couple of seasons.We also face Sporting and Osasuna but not too bothered by then.Our sole Champions League tie is against Lyon in what will be a tough fixture but hopefully home advantage will help us.I'm hoping At.Madrid slip up as they are nearly matching us which is quite scary but it will probably is two topping the table end of the month.As for Iker Sola,he has 34 goals in 11 appearances so hopefully he can keep that up.

Or that he has that many chances that he is bound to score alot :D This season so far he has scored 39 goals from 101 shots which comes to roughly 38% finishing conversion which is on show off level as you said,last season he had 24% finishing conversion.

Archived