• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesoct2020.png

pltableoct2020.png

Although I was disappointed that we conceded our first league goal of the campaign, I can't complain and say this wasn't a good month for us. Although Chelea are struggling this term, a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge is still a good result. After the international break we cut Bolton to pieces with Jason Malpas in top form. After that was Spurs away, where we drew 1-1. The dra was a fair result, but to concede s late as we did was disappointing. We fiinished the month off with a solid win at home to Everton, a resulted that kept us tucked in behind United at the top of the table.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoct2020.png

A good performance from the League Cup side, with Nduka Agu performing excellently in getting his first goals for the club. In the quarter finals we face West Ham, again at the Etihad.

October 2020 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoct2020.png

cltableoct2020.png

A simply outstanding performance from the lads. Neymar had actually been on a bit of a goal drought before this atch, but really came to life when given the lone striker role for a chance. Lucas Moura was also excellent, and now headng into matchday four we are in a very good position.

Swansea up there as well :cool:. Nice result against Rangers.

Indeed the Swansa are doing well. However just after that image was taken their manager, Carlo Ancelotti, left to rejoin AC Milan. Quique Flores has been appointed as Swansea's new manager, their fourth appointment since I left the club!

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesnov2020.png

pltablenov2020.png

I think the best way to describe this month is average. It started well enough with a 3-0 win against Watford, though the downside to that was Jason Malpass picking up a knock which would keep him out for 3-4 weeks. We followed that with an ugly win away at Aston Villa. My former club Swansea came to the Etihad next, and with new manager Quiqe Flores in the hotseat they performed well and earned a draw. The month finished aay at Newcastle, and a drab goaless draw was played out.

Up next in the league is a home game againt West Brom.

November 2020 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2020.png

cltablenov2020.png

We secured our place in the next round of the Champions League with a 4-2 win in Scotland against Rangers. Neymar was again in top form, though the game was a real ding dong affair with them taking the lead twice before we eventually overcame them thanks to the Samba stars. After that we rew 0-0 with PSG to secure tp spot. They came to defend, and indeed did just that.

We finish our group fixtures off with a trip to Bosnia to face Zelijeznicar.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2020.png

pltabledec2020.png

A near perfect month, with only Birmingham preventing us from winning seven from seven! The ost pleasing aspect on the month wasn't the calibre of some of the teams we beat, it was the fact that we kept cleansheets in all of those victories. The only game we were particularly fortunate in was against Arsenal who gave us a bit of a battering after we took the lead early on. Aside from that we had comfortable wins against Liverpool and city rivals Mancheter United, and although not by dominating scorelines, very comfortable wins over West Brom, Fulham, and Wigan.

Next up in the Premier League is a home game against Southampton.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesdec2020.png

Poor performance, and it took one of my regular first teamers to come from the bench to snatch it in extra time. However, we are into the semi finals so I can't complain. We face Chelsea in the tw legged affair, whilt the other semi is between Bolton and Championship side QPR.

December 2020 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2020.png

cltabledec2020.png

A good finish to the group stages with a 4-0 win in Bosnia. the most pleasing aspect was that I tried out a new formation against them, one that I hope to develop more in the future.

In the 1st knockout round we have been given a very tricky tie against mega rich Atletico Madrid, who are managed by Roberto Mancini.

Not surprised to see you lift the Manager of the Month Award. Brilliant month :thup:.

Im guessing you are looking for yet another League Cup? ;). How many will that be for you in how many seasons?

Not surprised to see you lift the Manager of the Month Award. Brilliant month :thup:.

Im guessing you are looking for yet another League Cup? ;). How many will that be for you in how many seasons?

Thanks alot dude.

And yes, once I get to the semi-final stage of the League Cup I tend to take it a bit more seriously, and that won't change this season. If we do go on to win it, it will be my third in three years with City, and seventh in eight seasons overall. The one I didn't win in 2008 was when I was only managing England. :brock:

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesjan2021.png

pltablejan2021.png

Three games, three ceansheets, but only to wins. We opened up with two good wins against Southampton and West Ham, the latter alot more comfortable than the 1-0 scoreline suggests. The Ipswich game is just one of those you put down to bad day at the office for the strikers. We dominated the game, having 68% of the possession and 16 attempts to their four, but the ball just wouldn't go in. We're still three point clear though, so at the minute all is well.

Up next is a trip to the black country to face Wolves.

FA Cup - 3rd and 4th Rounds

facfixturesjan2021.png

Two very good performances against Championsip opposition. We took our time in breaking Stoke down, and indeed it was substiture Jason Malpass wh had to do. After that we scored a couple more late on to make the game safe. Against Scunthorpe we took the lead early and never looked back - it was as comfortable as it could get.

The fifth round sees us face Championship oppoition again, this time with a trip to Middlesbrough.

January 2021 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2021.png

Another League Cup final awaits us! We were fantatic in the first leg, completely tearing them apart in their own backyard. In the second leg I rested one or two players, but we still won comfortably enough to finih the tie with a 4-0 aggregate win.

In the final we face Bolton Wanderers.

Transfer Activity

Sadly Neymar picked up an injury this month which will almot certainly rule him out for the rest of the season. I debated whether or not to bring anyone in or whether to stick with what I had, which would have meant putting my trust in a young player in the AML spot. I decided that an older head would be required in this intance. Rather than going out and spending a load of money on someone who in the long term I don't really need, I went for a short term solution and instead brought somebody in on loan for the rest of the campaign;

Danny Welbeck

For some reason he was on the transfer list at Swansea, so I thought I'd just see if they were willing to loan him out - and thankfully they were. He joins us for a loan fee of £875,000 and we are paying all of his £60,000p/w wages. If he manages just one important goal or assist before the end of the season, I will see this a successful deal.

EDIT; - Amazingly though after the transfer window had just shut I noticed another of my Swansea old boys was available on a free transfer. With alot of fxitures still to come in the remaining months of the season, I thought "why not?" and so brought him in until the end of the season;

Scott Sinclair

He may be 31 now, but he still has his raw pace. Could prove to be a useful outlet when given the chance. He's only on £25,000p/w, and if he impresses maybe he could earn another yera at the club?

Good results against comfortable opposition.

Thanks. I think. :D

Doing brilliantly,still bit of the season to go and hope your able to carry on the impressive form.

Cheers. :thup: Just hope the Swansea old boys provide adequate cover for Neymar.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2020/21 - Manchester City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntothefinal202021.png

We were rather fortunate perhaps that we were drawn at home in every round until the two legged semi-final. And to be honest my changed line-up nearly came a cropper in the quarter final against West Ham, though we got through in the end. The semi against Chelsea was outstanding, and set up a final gainst our Lancashire rivals - Botlon.

The Final

vs.Bolton Wanderers

lcfinalfeb2021.png

The scoreline may not be flattering, but the domination we had in this game speaks for its self. As ever when we needed a goal, it was Jason Malpass who stood up to be counted, converting from Kyle Walker's cross.

That's now three League Cup vicotries in a row now, and the first major trophy of the season. We still have three more to play for aswell, so it could be a very exciting climax to the season.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2021.png

pltablefeb2021.png

Three wins from three again this month has meant that we maintain our three point lead at the top of the table. We started with a comfortable win in the snow at Wolves, with Jason Malpass on target for both goals. At home to Chelsea it took Danny Welbeck a whole 13 minutes of his full debut to grab himself a goal. After that it was the Jason Malpass show. He bagged two and then foced the error from the Chelsea player that lead to the own goal. Comfortable 4-1 win. And then away againt Bolton Danny Welbeck grabbed the winner for us in a tight game. A shrewd little signing he is proving to be.

Our three wins this month earned me the Manager Of The Month award, my third of the season.

Up next is the biggest game of the season so far, and one that could go a long way to deciding the destination of the title - Tottenham at the Etihad!

FA Cup - 5th Round

facfixturesfeb2021.png

Not happy at all. The team was again switched around, but like a few other cup games this term I had to reply on a big player coming from the bench to make the decisive contribution for us. Agaun it was Malpass, as he scored and then saw a freekick of his dropped over the line by their goalkeeper.

In the quarter finals we face Newcastle at the Etihad.

February 2021 Continued

League Cup - Final

lcfixturefeb2021.png

The scoreline wasn't flattering, but we totally dominated this game. As he often does, Jason Malpass produced when it counted. What a legend.

Champions League - 1st KO Round, 1st Leg

clfixturesfeb2021.png

It might not look it, but this was a stunning performance. Atletico Madrid are a massive side now in Spain. They are awash with money, and have been competing in the Champions League and in La Liga for the last 5-6 seasons now. So to go there a win in a super achievement. It was a close game, but we thoroughly deserved our 1-0 win.

A similar performance in the 2nd leg would do nicely.

Been reading but haven't posted in a while. :D

Bloody hell how many goals have you allowed in all competitions? :eek:

Aslong as you've been reading! ;)

Have just let in number 10 of the season in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg game against Atletico Madrid. Bit gutted really as I fancied going the whole seaon only conceding single figures. :(

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesmar2021.png

pltablemar2021.png

Fur very good performances this month. We opened up with a crucial win against Spurs. Just three points separated us before the start of the fixture, and it was tight game. But Danny Welbeck popped up with another crucial winner for us. We followed that up with two excellent away wins, before a convincing 4-1 at home to Villa to round off the month.

We are now eight points clear with just seven left t play, and a third title is within reach. Next up is Newcastle United at home.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2021.png

Not a great performance, but credit to the players for coming frm behind to send us into the semi finals again. We face Chelsea in our semi, and will face Tottenham or Everton if we make it through to the final.

March 2021 Continued

Champions League - 1st KO Round, 2nd Leg

clfixturesmar2021.png

After winning a tight first leg in Marid 1-0, we walked this one with a superb performance. It meant we had hammered the Spanish League leaders 5-1 on aggregate, which makes great reading for us.

We face Arsenal in the quarter finals, with the first leg at the Etihad.

Archived