I'm Just Flamers From The Bloc.

Flamers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, it's very unlikely for any team to loan me players who are good enough to play at this level for free. I couldn't get any last season!

I haven't left yet and I will think it over. The club is starting to get a pesonality but I feel I am massively overachieving and it might be better to let someone else have a go.

This just came through:

61.png

Budget cut by £10k p/w, should I leave and save myself the shame of finishing bottom?

Invest that wisely :p

It's going to be a tough season ahead, but not impossible. You might also get a job offer from a bigger club throughout the course of the season, so could jump ship mid-season if it's turning out to be a car crash.

I will make my complete decision tomorrow. Unless someone can convince me otherwise I am going. I have brought players into the club that mean if they are relegated they should go back up again, all thats needed is a board with more money/ambition.

md.png

From Russia With Love

After a short spell unemployed I was offered the job of rescuing Metalurg D from relegation, a good budget and wage has convinced me to make the move to the Ukraine!

Squad | Results | League Table

We shouldn't be propping up the table and I will see about it that we aren't! The Argentinian is an amazing player, making 23 apperances for River at 17, we brought him for £2.6m and I know already that it was well spent. The league is tight with 2 points separating 8th and 16th! Hopefully a good run can push us up and possibly to Europe if we are lucky! Most of the "big" teams have been played so it is just a case of restoring some form to the side.

Transfers | Board Overview

We have money to spend and I am allowed, I think I will be forced to be successful to survive though.

*EDIT* I cocked up and forgot to edit the last bit, thats my bad!

And as for players from SKA, none are really good enough to make the grade unfortunately so I don't think any will make the move over to Ukraine with me, however my Assistant (who walked out with me) has come back.

md.png

Rising From The Ashes

Squad | Results | League Table

The squad on the face of it should be good. However I didn't realise that there was a squad size limitation of 25 players in your squad, of which 6 have to be home grown (or spaces left). This means that I have 19 players and youths to use, I am still soldiering on though and we seem in good form. A couple of the players are not too chuffed with one asking me to pay him to leave, no that just won't happen.

On the plus side our form since I arrived (the red line) has been great! We should be 5th on the current form and hopefully we can keep it going. It worries me how we will cope with better opposition (I am looking at you Shakhtar) but with the addition of some new younger strikers we stand a chance.

I took the chance to buy in some young talent who will class as home grown for the club in future, this should hopefully improve the club even after I have left. Our financial situation isn't great, I am just hoping to board puts in some money.

md.png

A Failed Assault on Europe

Squad | Tactics

The squad will have to shrink due to the stupid league registration rule, 25 players in your whole squad is very restricting. I am always looking for new strikers to add as all the the good strikers are over the age of 30, not the kind of player who can play high level poacher really. The players fit well into my 4-4-2, I am trying desperately to sort our defence out as we seem to get guilty about being in the lead and gift them a goal far too often for my liking.

First Division Results | Ukrainian Cup Results | Friendly Results | Overall League Table |League Position Graph

Our form was very good since I joined, when I joined we were rock bottom last. We managed to pick ourselves up to 4th but taking on 2nd, 1st then 4th took it's toll and saw us drop to 6th. The only team in the top 7 to not get into Europe, the team is good and with a bit of added talent should see us push on further.

On the cup side, we very nearly won the Cup, well nearly for me! We should have won the cup game, that saw the start of us switching off at the end of the season.

We are massively under budget but in huge debt, my hopes lay with the board and hoping that they give me a nice budget next year, I would stay if there was a minor cut but a major one and I'm off!

Archived