SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wish we did in real life :lol:.

You mean that you don't think Carroll will develop into a world beater? Still makes me chuckle to think what you paid us for him :lol:

Having said that he'll probably make me eat my words when he goes and scores a hatrick on Sunday

You mean that you don't think Carroll will develop into a world beater? Still makes me chuckle to think what you paid us for him :lol:

Having said that he'll probably make me eat my words when he goes and scores a hatrick on Sunday

Haha I cant say Im thrilled. We dont play to his strengths though which doesnt help him to be honest but he isnt anywhere near a £35m player.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - June 2024 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

Our fine start to qualifying continues as we find ourselves sat top of the group with 5 wins from 6 games. Our first game since our win in Brazil last year was fairly straight forward as we swept Peru aside with a comfortable 3-0 win. We followed this up with a dominant display away to Uruguay in what I thought was going to be up there with the Brazil game in terms of toughness but we showed our class to give us a very nice 3-1 win as we leave ourselves with a fantastic platform to build on for the rest of the year.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2024/25 - Liverpool FC

Board Expectations:

Premier League: Challenge for the Title

Champions League: Reach the Final (cheers boss)

Uefa Super Cup: Win it

FA Cup: Reach the Final

League Cup: Not Important

Community Shield: Not Important

My Expectations:

Premier League: Here we go, three in a row

Champions League: Clearly the board has high expectations. If we can reach the Semi-Final I will be happy

Uefa Super Cup: Win it

FA Cup: Go as far as possible

League Cup: Im not to fussed. Hoping to give my youngsters a bit of a run in the competition

Community Shield: Have to win it because of our opponents

Budgets:

Transfer: £161m

Wage: £2,719,740 (Currently spending £1,551,477)

Balance: £90,237,591 (-19,497,341 since last season)

Key Player(s):

Davidson - I signed him for big money in January and although he showed glimpses of his quality it wasnt often enough. I want more from him.

Sergio Diaz - A rock at the back and such a vital part of the team. We miss him when he isnt in the side.

Marcelo Chafer - Missed most of last season through injury and now that he is back I want a big season from him.

Chris Ord - Does this need explaining?

stevenlongstaffnewsinboi.png

stevenlongstaffnewsinboq.png

Both sides were knocked out in the Quater-Final's at Euro 24, but not even my home nation is tempting enough for me to leave Argentina. Im building towards the 2026 World Cup with them.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2024/25 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

A bit of an average pre-season for us really. We were missing all of our attacking players through injury and then a few players have gone on International duty to the Olympics as well so we had a limited squad. Nottingham Forest gave us a tough game and resorted to kicking lumps out of us and won 2-1. We struggled against Chivas but managed to win 1-0 before being played off the park by Genk. We then turned the style on to breeze past Inter Milan. The game against the MLS All-Stars was technically for a trophy and went down as a competitive fixture although I dont see it that way. We cantered through and won 4-0 but there is a trophy in the cabinet thanks to the win. We rounded off pre-season with a solid 1-0 win.

Community Shield

So our third time in the Community Shield since I took over and each time we have played Man Utd and beat them. We went down to 10 men with the scores still level at 1-1 but a brilliant finish from Fuska gave us a 2-1 win to set us up for the start of the season very nicely indeed.

No real movement in the transfer market for us. We have signed just one player and sent a few out on loan. Im keeping the side together that done so well last season and I am also trying to cut the spending as well. We have paid off a lot of the transfers such as Chris Ord who we have been paying £1.1m per month for 4 years after we signed him for £55m.

Mark Hunter - £4m - A homegrown player brought in for a small fee from Huddersfield. I have brought players in on loan at full back for the last couple of seasons so I havent had to spend but decided to bring someone in this year. Hunter looks a really solid player and should provide good competition for the full backs we currently have.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - August Friendly - Argentina

argentinavghanainformat.png

Probably the most comfortable 1-0 we could have had. Ghana have been as high as 2nd in the World Rankings in the last year so I expected a tough match but we won without to much trouble. My one problem is that we didnt have enough shots on target as their 4-5-1 system frustrated us to long range shots. We won with a first half header from centre half Leandro Di Martino to continue our fine run of form.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

europeanchampionscupoven.png

europeanchampionscupovec.png

europeanchampionscupovef.png

Really pleased with our group to be honest. I couldnt have asked for an easier task of getting through the group stage to be honest. I will be looking to take maximum points from this group to be honest.

The draw in the Champions League could give you a couple of tricky away trips, but you should top the group without any real issues.

Bordeaux are the only team who I think could cause me any trouble to be honest.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - August 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoz.png

A perfect start to the season from the two games we played (thanks to the Super Cup, see below). Scunthorpe was a pretty straight forward game as we dominated from start to finish and it was a matter of how many rather than if we would win. Leicester put up a much tougher fight and in typical Liverpool fashion we made hard work of it. We struggled in the first half but improved in the second. Fuska scored on the break and that was enough to grab us all three points.

UEFA Super Cup

As easy as it could get really. A dominant display against the Europa League holders resulted in a 3-0 win to lift yet another trophy.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - September 2024 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

Could be better is the description I would use. The Ecuador game was much like the Ghana friendly in terms of frustration infront of goal with us resorting to shots from distance. We dominated procedings but just couldnt make our dominance count. We were better against Colombia but still had to wait until late in the second half to seal the game. We took the lead in the first half but conceded almost instantly. It wasnt until the 75th minute that we took the lead and then sealed the game with just a few minutes left, but a vital 3 points keeps us on track for the World Cup.

Most excellent going with the Argies. Baring a catastrophic collapse, that's qualification near enough sewn up :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:. I couldnt have really wished for a better start to qualifying to be honest.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoe.png

Our solid start to the season continues through September. We find ourselves sat nicely in the league with a game in hand and got September off to the best possible start with a fantastic win over one of our rivals Man City with a solid 3-1 win at Anfield. We found things a lot tougher against Fulham in a pretty even game and we looked to be heading for defeat when they scored with 4 minutes left, but a Sergio Diaz header deep into injury time pinched a point. We were fantastic against Spurs and we were coasting at 3-0 and I was pretty annoyed to concede a sloppy goal, but that is nit-picking.

League Cup

A solid win to kick off our League Cup campaign as we won at a canter. We have been awarded with a 4th Round tie against Championship side Doncaster.

September 2024 - Continued

Champions League

europeanchampionscupoveh.png

We also got off to a lovely start in Europe with a comfortable win over Red Star Belgrade. We have a trip to France next to face Bordeaux and I anticipate yet another victory.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - October 2024 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

We remain unbeaten in qualifying but it could have been so much better. We dominated procedings against Chile ans should have absolutely battered them but we couldnt turn our dominance into goals. They scored with 10 minutes to go and I had to swtich from our usual 4-5-1 to an all out 4-2-4 formation which worked a treat. My Liverpool player Marcelo Chafer won and converted a late penalty to give us a share of the spoils.

We finally turned our impressive play into goals against Paraguay however and thumped then 4-0. Diego Cortizo was the star of the show with a hat-trick. We are more than half way through the qualifying campaign, still unbeaten and sitting nicely at the top of the group. We are well on track.

Have u created your own tactics? What formation do you play?

Im struggling in my second season in the championship, missed out on promotion last season by losing 2-1 in playoff final...anything key to your successes in the lower leagues?

Im struggling in my second season in the championship, missed out on promotion last season by losing 2-1 in playoff final...anything key to your successes in the lower leagues?

I can post of screenshot of my current tactics when I get home.

In the lower leagues though I played a really rigid style, making sure we kept posession and just built up slowly.

I can post of screenshot of my current tactics when I get home.

In the lower leagues though I played a really rigid style, making sure we kept posession and just built up slowly.

Cheers mate! You played Philosophy:Very Rigid and Strategy:Control?

Have a good team of passers just struggle to find the back of the net,its my biggest problem and probably why I was not promoted last season, seems to be carrying on again this year :(...

Cheers mate! You played Philosophy:Very Rigid and Strategy:Control?

Have a good team of passers just struggle to find the back of the net,its my biggest problem and probably why I was not promoted last season, seems to be carrying on again this year :(...

My current tactics with Liverpool.

I posted on page 1 I think what I used when in Turkey. I used that both seasons as well and it seemed to work. At Darlo we went 4-4-2 because we had a good target man if I remember correctly. I put the speed of play down to its slowest point and played very rigid but just a balanced strategy.

Easing through with Argentina and a good start with Liverpool.

:thup:

Still looking great bud! :thup:

Cheers lads :thup:.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturl.png

englishpremierdivisionog.png

A decent month for us I would say considering we had a couple of tough away ties. We started October in fine fashion with a nice win at home to Blackburn. Following the International break we travelled to St.James Park (am I allowed to call it that anymore?) and we were given a tough game. They took the lead against the run of play but we clawed ourselves back into it. Chris Ord levelled the game up with a fine run before rounding the goalkeeper and tapping into an empty net. Dan Cousin's grabbed our second with a wonderful strike from outside the box as we grabbed yet another three points. Away to Swansea was different as we really struggled. This came just after a trip to Eindhoven (see below) and we looked deflated. We didnt really show up but took an early lead and from then on it was back to the wall really. Swansea battered us and as it looked like we would scrape three points they won a late penalty to grab a point.

League Cup 4th Round

Another game after our trip to Eindhoven (you will see why I keep saying that soon) and we struggled again. Although we dominated possession and had numerous shots at goal we just didnt look up for it. It took a second half Chris Ord strike to give us the win and ensure that we would face the side we beat last season in the Final, Cardiff in a competition which is ours to lose really based off the Quater-Final draw.

October 2024 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturk.png

europeanchampionscupovef.png

A great win in France but **** me what a stinker we had in Holland. I dont even know what to write to be honest because it was so bad. We go into the return pictures three points behind PSV and we really need to beat them to have a chance at top spot in the group. Luckily we only have a trip to Red Star reamining with the other two games at home.

Caught up with last season, winning every trophy is brilliant, congratulations on that. :thup:

You have to be careful not to let the PSV defeat affect your team too much, confidence/morale is everything in this game.

Good start in the leaguem but I did warn you that you may have a couple of tough away trips in the Champions League.

confidence/morale is everything in this game.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, to the say the least.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - November 2024 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

Just the one World Cup Qualifier and our last of 2024 and we won it comfortably to continue our impressive qualifying campaign. Bolivia didnt trouble us at all really so there wasnt much suprise in the result. Diego Cortizo made it 5 goals in 2 games with this double.

Friendly

argentinavitalyinformat.png

A massive win for us. We played really well against the Italians and proved that we could play against the big teams. Our shocking Copa America is certainly out of our system and we are going from strength to strength and this result proved it. Friendlies sometimes arent really important but when you play against one of the big nations they bold huge importance to me so this was a result I am really pleased with.

Caught up with last season, winning every trophy is brilliant, congratulations on that. :thup:

You have to be careful not to let the PSV defeat affect your team too much, confidence/morale is everything in this game.

Cheers fella. Im not sure if we can replicate last season but we will see.

Good start in the leaguem but I did warn you that you may have a couple of tough away trips in the Champions League.

I should have hired you as my assistant ;).

How old is Christopher Ord now? Does he score regularly for England?

He is 28 now and until he joined us he didnt really score at International level. I have a screenshot of him in post #1405 on this page which was at the start of the season. If I can remember correctly he has scored at least one goal in each International match since.

Archived