FM12: SL Benfica thread - still strong, still... portuguese?

kingjericho

Do you mean you don't know if the game does that when adding B teams via the editor? Probably not, but I'm not much into editing so if this is your question you shoud ask it in the editors section.

nevermind they weren't promoted,instead the third placed was lol :p

• 2 weeks later...

quite check tells me you get a budget of around 600k ... which isnt great... so to bring anyone significant in , you'd need to sell..

the team is actually very strong to begin with..

the area id look at improving would be LB ... look to get someone like ricardo rodriguez or someone else cheap, young and fitting for benfica

I saw that one of the saves, Miguel Veloso went to Benfica! Never!

veloso+4.jpg

:D

Funny you say that... definitely not impossible of him playing in Benfica in the future. He would have actually been a youth player for Benfica if our academy wasnt so bad when he started to develop as a very young player. In fact his dad is a Benfica legend.

• 3 weeks later...
cant really see the screenshot, could you upload another one? Curious to see the players you have

benficatuga2012.jpg

(if you can see try rigth botton "open in new tab" or something like that...)

Good team, great season on Portugal, regular in Champions...

Transfers 2011/2012...

IN

benficatugatranfersin.jpg

OUT

benficatugatranfersout1.jpg

benficatugatranfersout2.jpg

Opinians...???

Benfica.jpg

January 2020 Transfer window

As thing was going bad before i came to the helm. I had to revamp the squad and get rid of the deadwood.I tried my my hardest but not all who i wanted to go did go.

These are the players I bought in

• 4 months later...

TBH the (poor) work that has been done by the national researchers - specially regarding the top two leagues - makes the portuguese leagues not that enjoyable to me. The inability to sign any decent players from national teams to the big 3 is very frustrating...

TBH the (poor) work that has been done by the national researchers - specially regarding the top two leagues - makes the portuguese leagues not that enjoyable to me. The inability to sign any decent players from national teams to the big 3 is very frustrating...

Which type of transfers exactly are impossible to make?

The transfers are not impossible to make, the problem is there are no players from the other teams good enough for the big 3.

So when you see teams like Man Utd and City buying from Aston Villa or Wigan, or Juve and Milan buying players from Genoa and Sampdoria, you can't do that with Benfica or Porto because there are no quality players in the smaller teams.

But there are players good enough to the big 3 IRL, Benfica already bought three players for the next season from small teams. If you manage Benfica and send a scout to all the Liga Sagres clubs, you won't find players better than 2,5 stars.

Hugo Viana is excellent, but yes, after him there is barely any good players.

This is my Benfica in late 2016. I set out right away to do some.... ethnic cleansing, because I wanted to create something like what Barcelona is for the Spanish national team, or what Juventus is for Italy. I'll post some of my best Portuguese players that I've got in the next post.

86636487.jpg

José Guedes is impressive. Have you upgraded the facilities or did you buy those players?

Bastos and Filipe are bought players, others are home academy products. All facilities are maxed, although they weren't that way at the time Guedes and the rest were "born"

Archived