Knap FM12 Tactics

The Leeds is based on last years 105pts so I don't change much and I will always try to play 442, so should not have any squad problems.

The deep DL just uses a lot less CD combined with deep DL so much more a true counter attack tactic, rather than just ticking a box. In theory use it with pace upfront. The tactics screen is a mess so its not that easy to change betweeen this and Leeds tactic, but using both adds an option tactic.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Knap,

I am using your 4231 from FM11 with Dortmund and it is kicking ass but the centre backs are scoring too many goals from corners for my liking. I just had Subotic score 4 in one game. I just do not like it when me defenders are the leading scorers in the team, feels unrealistic :)

Could I just change the corner aim from Near Post to Mixed? Or is there another tweak to decrease the amount of goals from corners?

Also, would the tactic still win me the league do you think?

Regards

Shiraz

You can also get short changed considering Leeds scored 124 goals. The tactics are setup with the corner setup which is not as far as aI remember a "lurk" set up and uses the forward for flick on. I also find scoring from corners against weak teams is easy but against a strong team its the other way round.

npowerchampionshipstats.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As far as I am aware the exploitive set up is all on lurk apart from 1 CB on near.

Since FM08 I've only ever just been top of goals from corner list, I've never scored an absurb amout of goals this way but then I never set corner takers or pen takers and do not buy CB on the basis of attributes to score from corners. In fact in lower leagues I often get knocked out of cups by big teams from corner goals..

Hey Knap,

Just wanted to post an update on my season with Dortmund. Not sure if the 4-2-3-1 needs some tweaking for FM12 but my last 11 games have not been very good:

59265169.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I won 6 out of the first 7 games convincingly but since then our form has dipped with only 3 wins in the last 11 games. My win ratio is at 50% currently out of 18 matches.

I will persevere though and post another update soon :)

It depends what formation you wish to play. With Spurs the original squad has 3 forwards and many AMCs so I am using 4231. The TC tactics are probably not the best but shouts are available, although I never used them.

You can use Ass Man but will be cautious and less player reaction but that does not really appear to matter. If own team talks passionate to start, aggressive half time if need to and passionate well done at end. It all appears logical in the circumstances.

ok thank you mate, with juventus how do you set eleven start? this is my squad...

Buffon, storari

Lichsteiner, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Verthongen, De ceglie, Sorensen

Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pazienza, Pepe, Krasic, Elia, Giaccherini, Estigarribia

Matri, Vucinic, Quagliarella, Del Piero

I tend to have all players available, including under 18s if any decent youth, and let ass man pick. I just change the 11 based on say the next 3 fixtures trying to field strongest team for hardest games and including youth if an easy game. I also rotate on basis of condition.

knap which tactic would you use for away games, i get big wins 5-0 6-1 so far using your latest tactic but i use the tactic from post 150 for away games and im just getting beat all around the pitch which is getting frustrating i set it to defensive positioning and still the same.

Any help would be very much appreciated

My philosophy is to play to strengths therefore I do not use away tactics. If you are winning well at home just use same tactic away.

I have found that teamtalks can help if underdog, in fact I would probably recommend using own team talks,

So I decided instead of taking over good European team, I wanted to try something a little different, so took over Ulsan of South Korea! We are predicted to finish 6th in the League and have a good'ish team. I decided to try Knap's new 102pts 442 tactic and see how it goes. Now i'm only still on my friendlies but here is a great result for you, against a pretty good Chinese side:

dalianvulsansplitview.jpg

First time I have scored double figure goals :)

So far so good, will keep you updated.

Steve

102pts is very bad when it comes to defense so far, but i suspect it my ****** players fault :p. I kind of miss the movement in front, which we had in previous tactic - looks like less players are coming into box now. Will test further.

I tend to use more MC/DM players with Leeds but I have better DM type players. I would still tend to use a more traditional AM/MC DM/MC combination.

If still winning with old tactic I would continue to use it until a sticky patch.

Archived