Knap FM12 Tactics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In FM11 I had some decent success with your 4-4-2 tactic, it was the one before the 105pts, think it was maybe 99pts in FM11.

How have you been getting on? Still using your 4-2-3-1 tactic? From the Leeds screenshot it seems to be quite leaky in defense?

Steve

Using 102pt 442 with Crewe and sitting top after 35 games. 10 points clear at the top with basically default squad. KEY: Using my own team talks and always keeping players happy and motivated. I tested same tactic but left teamtalks to assman, and I was 6th after 35 games. So team talks are crucial

I leave strikers the same or change to often but wingers barrow if really nervous but I prefer an outlet rather than allow too much pressure. TW to just often should be enough as full can mean getting caught with ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a quick test with Southampton and certainly ok, but stilll working out best setting options.

If you need a goal pushup D Line.

There is another trick I use, to be defensive move CB passing to full.

They are probably very similar and depends more on quality of players and if you score more you tend to concede more. Overall the Quad is probably the better all round tactic at this point in time.

Hey Knapp, ive never tried your tactics but im getting a new laptop for xmas so i want a few tactics ready to go for my new man utd save.

The tactic you have literally just released now....is this your best tactic to date for a top team ( man utd) ?

also what formation is it?

TBH I was messing around and took over MU with Sunday League rep. I've played about 30 games with mc and mu without loss. However this is a HUB tactic and for most sides will work better without HUB. It is also flexible with formation, so can use it as 4222 or 4231 or defensive 4141

Non HUB 4231 with Spurs

tottenhamvswanseainform.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is that with or without HUB? The 442 is still strongest formation but use 4231 as VDV and not many forwards at Spurs to start the game.

All you need do is move the players for another formation and see how it goes.

Is that with or without HUB? The 442 is still strongest formation but use 4231 as VDV and not many forwards at Spurs to start the game.

All you need do is move the players for another formation and see how it goes.

Tha tactic i'm using is your newest 442, with all players except the centre backs with HUB ticked.

Is there a different tactic to use?

Steve

Archived