Razer82's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Americas Challenge

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to give this a go for the first time. Started in Uruguay for a bit of a change (don't think I've ever had a save there). Only one team promoted so didnt have much choice but to go for....

Uruguay Montevideo

Here's my Manager Profile tried to make it authentic and give myself a Spanish sounding name. :D

Lot of work to do with the Starting Squad. At least there's a lot of room to play about with the wage budget...........

expect.png

GoalieManPat121 - I hope that at some point you get into playing a South American save, there is always a wealth of talent to discover.

ShyBaldBuddhist - Welcome aboard! I was considering a trip into Uruguay myself when my first Brazil save went wrong so I'll be interested to see how you get on. Good luck.

viiralx - Nice domination of the state championship, hope things go as well when you start playing in the Third Division.

Half way through 1st season and thought would give update.

Before anything had to get my backroom staff in order. Only had a physio and an assistant manager. Scout was first requirement so off to put the job advertisement in. Was only one decent choice when replies came back but messed up by pressing wrong button and delaying his appointment instead of confirming. Aded a few coaches and awaited a week for my scout.

So when I finally get my scout he brings his first reports (nice addition) and I had a few candidates to sign. By start of the season I have 13 new players and still well within budget. This is helped by the fact that none of the scouts I sign want contracts and are all amateurs doing it for the free.

Preseason was so so. I only use it to get fitness up to scratch. Then the big kick off. Get off to good start with 2 wins and 3 draws in first 5 games but then lose 4 of next 5. During a 2 week break thought it best to play the reserves and U-19's for fitness and morale and finished the half way stage with a win and a draw.

The league

Results so far

Current squad

So sitting 7th with 12 games to go. No way I'm getting automatic promotion but positions 3-10 get into the playoffs. If I can find myself a goalscorer I think I have a chance as the GK and defence are pretty strong. Two month break now so a chance to try and find some players to push on and secure the play off spot.

ShyBaldBuddhist - Looking good so far for the first half of the season. A decent run in the second half and you should at least be able to secure a playoff place. Are the playoffs a straight knockout style or do you go into another mini-league?

TBH I have no idea how the playoff's work. Don't remember it saying in the rules, pretty sure it just says 3-10 qualify. With it being 7 teams I imagine it's a mini league, unless one from top flight join to make it 8 and a straight knock out.

EDIT: just realised positions 3-10 is eight teams and I cant count.

fm.png

2nd Half Season Report 2012

Manager Home - Profile - Information - History - Achivments

Team Profile - Squad - Fixtures

RANT TIME

I'm really annoyed right now.. Not only did we miss promotion by 1 point.. but cause of that 13 of my players who have been in the team from before i took over wants to leave.

So I have a dilemma.. 3rd times the charm? or continue and fail abysmally.. or try a new south american league?

I will see how the start goes.. 1 million in red >_>

Have to admit.. never had so much difficulty taking a team up before..

Iv done this annually with Juventude and Gama since FM07.

edit: iv decided to retire my manager. So now to decide to try a new team or try a new SA league.

Even after I sold the players who did not want to stay I was not allowed to pay wages for the new players i wanted to sign due to the red balance.

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieCOverview_Stages-1.png

CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieCOverview_Stages-2.png

Razer82: What irks me more then loosing to a single point is that my team played like champs all the way from state til the start of phase 2 of serie c then they decided we gonna play bad and then they all want to leave. :(

I was classed as a big overachiever in the season summary.

ShyBaldBuddhist: Interesting :D I might give it a shot.

Season One Update

Squad

Manager Profile

Heartbreak at the end of the season. Found a striker who could score goals during 2nd transfer window, finished with 8 in 14 starts, but still couldn't get promotion. Went on a good run at the end and won 4 of last 5 only losing to the league champions. Finished 3rd overall and entered the knockout playoffs. Played El Tanque Sisley who finished 10th but didn't like the draw. They hammered me during the regular season and the 2-1 and 3-2 defeats mask the real story. After first half of 1st leg I already knew I was staying in 2nd division, trailing 3-0 and played off the park. Pulled one back to keep it interesting and managed to win 1-0 in 2nd leg but couldn't find a 2nd goal.

Moving forward I'm quite confident the current squad, with one or two additions, can secure promotion next year.

fixtures.jpg

league.jpg

viiralx - The evil of a slump in form, I hate when that ruins a season. You saying that you had form all the way from the state championship into the start of the second phase doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm experiencing the same thing right now, eased through the state championship & won all 3 league games so far. I do hope that things don't go horribly wrong now.

SBB - Great season, well done on pushing for promotion. Hopefully you'll be able to go a few steps better next season and secure an automatic promotion place. I don't think I know of any other league in the world where the team finishing 10th still has a shot at promotion.

I've decided managing in Uruguay is bloody awful :D

Finished season 2 but too angry to post a full account, mainly due to my cockiness and stupidity. In a nut I made the play offs again. Got to final then realised its after the date most of my first team squads contract expires. Was letting the contracts run down as didn't think were good enough for top flight, thought I was getting promoted and didn't want them on my wage bill. Down to bare bones for the 2 legged final and had no chance. Will give a full account with screenshots etc soon, probably tomorrow or Sunday.

To add to it all the missus keeps telling me to get off the computer as she needs to do Christmas shopping. I need a drink :D

Starting in MLS before I head south to Brazil/Argentina at a later date. Will be running alongside two other SCtoBC challenges so updates may be spaced out abit.

72019000.png

Philadelphia Union

Manager Profile

Last Season

Club Info

Squad

Squad has quite a few youth prospects with a few on GA contracts. Freddy Adu is only DA player so must of signed a new contract. May try and get him off DA if right players around. Overall team with players for the future and some room to make big changes when needed.

Got 1st 7th and 16th 1st round Draft picks so should be able to pick up some more youth prospects

Season Two Update

Preseason went well. Signed a new striker who I believed would be able to provide the goals to help me kick on. Also got a new attcking midfielder to help provide the chances. Both signings looked great and after a few modifications to the playing system they looked fantastic in the friendlies. Then disaster as the day before season starts the striker suffers 5 month injury lay off. The strikers I have in reserve aren't really suited to the new set up and I have to shuffle around a bit.

First half of season runs abit like last years. Defence holding up well but not scoring enough goals. So at half way stage with record of W3 D6 L3 we're sat in 9th position. Still believe I can push on towards automatic promotion as chances are being created but not being put away and my main man is due back soon. Few preseason games to get confidence flowing again and 2nd stage of season starts. 3 wins and draw from next 4 games really push us up the table before a couple of defeats puts a halt to the progress. 3 conesctutive wins put us in a great position and I believe if we can win last 3 games we will finish top 2 for automatic promotion. Although 2 of the 3 games are against tough opposition I believe we can win them all and make a decision to let contracts run down on a few players who are aging and not going to be up for the top flight challenge.

At this stage disaster strikes again and my midfield maestro gets injured. Have to play a more defensive player and the race up the table comes to a halt with 2 draws and a heavy 3-0 defeat in last few games to leave us 6th. 1st round of play off pitches us against Huracan del Paso. Was a tough draw as they won 3-0 last time we met due to me going a bit gung ho trying for the 3 points. Played a more defensive approach in both legs and both ties ended 0-0 before we clinched victory on penalties. 2nd round and we draw Atenas de San Carlos who finished 12 points behind us so felt confident and my midfielder returning to fitness - at half time we are 3-0 down. Couple of alterations and a quick goal pull us back to 3-2 before they get one in last minute to end 4-2. 2nd leg is at home and I'm sure we can win by 3 to claim victory but is 0-0 at half time. I give the lads a bit of an earbashing at half time and we score 2 in 10 2nd half minutes. No further goals put us through on away goals.

During all the pressure and excitement of the play offs forgot about the contracts expiring and by the time the final 1st leg is due I lose 7 first teamers. We are all down to the bare bones and I have to play numerous players out of position. As it all happens the day before the game so no time to bring in re-enforcements and we go down 2-1 at home in the first tie. Tried as hard as possible to get in some new faces before 2nd leg but was only 3 days later and no one signed leaving us with 3-1 defeat and another season in 2nd division. Absolutely gutted.

Manager Profile

Whats left of the squad

Fixtures pt1

Fixtures pt2

table.jpg

Yeah I'll be trying again Razer. Only problem is we're now £600k in debt and would be worse if hadn't received £250k from a sell on fee for a player. The board are happy with my financial control but we only bringing in a few hundred fans per game. Very difficult to raise funds as players are only valued at £50k for a top player in this division.

All the best Welsh Wizard, hope you can get Adu performing, seems to have been around longer than the FM series of games that lad.

viiralx hope you get a decent team and make it through this time.

All the best Welsh Wizard, hope you can get Adu performing, seems to have been around longer than the FM series of games that lad.

Thanks. Yeah Adu seems to been around for ages but still only 22 :eek: hasn't really got anywhere near the hype and was a bit of a flop in Europe but think he should do well back in the MLS.

Good luck next season hopefully the finances get better or at least the board back you.

72019000.png

Philadelphia Union

1st Season Transfer Update

Transfers

Loads of movement in and out but happy with the dealings.

Djidjoho Tchomou - Young but looks a decent goalkeeper at this level. Scouts and Staff rate very high Will be starter most games.

Ike Opara - Was disapointed to see he was traded before I took over cost quite a few D.A to get back but a decent CB with a great future if he improves quick(Based on past forays in the MLS) and on a G.A contract so won't touch the wages

Marco Materazzi - Hopefully does not add to his name by drop kicking people but by the world class defending he can produce. Looks angry in the pic. :lol:

Max Tonetto - Getting on at 37 but still a decent LB hopefully his legs last the season as lack cover with FBs tbh.

Zargo Touré - Non-stop engine at CDM perfect for my tactic I hope. Only 22 and room to improve.

Shalrie Joseph - Like him in rl and a star of the MLS. Was wavied and was lucky to have 1st pick as sure anyone would of picked him up. Can play CB/CDM/CM so does give plenty of options.

Lucas Pusineri - Getting on and legs are going but hopefully his technical ability pulls him through likely back up for Becks.

David Beckham - Wanted a DP and seemed the perfect choice and would not cost too much but Le Toux signed a DP without me know he was in talks so had to wait to wavier him as can't swap DPs anymore. Plus couldn't find the buy 3rd DP button which I seen earlier. Always seem to get Beckham when in the MLS.

Graham Zusi - Was weak on the right side and seemed perfect on a free. Likely back up to Adu due to the plays we got in the draft.

Sébastien Grax - Replaced his compatriot Le Toux and looks better suit to what I want. Likely get a DP ST in the future if I get Becks/Adu on lower contracts or Becks leaves or I find the button to buy the 3rd DP slot. But Grax should do a decent job for now.

Main MLS Draft Signings

Andrew Dickinson - Was my 2nd Pick and 7th Overall. Has decent base attributes but will need to improve his mental if he is to make it. On a G.A contact so a risk worth taking.

Gary Von Steeg - Was my 3rd Pick and 16th Overall. Looks quite a decent player already and was weak Right side. Pushing to start but going with Adu at the start.

Brian Zimmerman Was my 1st Pick and 1st Overall. Straight in the starting line-up which made me swap a few players around. Staff/Scouts say will be a leading MLS player and will be better than Adu. Not on a G.A contract but £750 is quite good.

Welsh Wizard - You've made some good signings, hopefully they'll do well for you and take you from bottom to top of the league.

I know what you mean about Adu, does seem like he's been around forever. Wasn't he 14 when he first appeared in a game? I'm thinking it was FM05 but I'm not sure.

Razer82 – Sampio Correa FC – Brazilian National Third Division – 2012

Maranhao State ChampionshipWinners!

Brazilian National Third Division – Prediction 5th – Actual – Winners!

Brazilian Cup – 1st Round – Lost 3-0 to Avai

Team Stats

Transfers

Top ScorerFabio Fidelis / Orlando (15)

Top AssistsMacicon (20)

The season started with a whole host of transfer activity with enough new players coming in to be able to field an entire new team.

With little time to get the team prepared with match fitness & tactical knowledge we were straight into the state championship. We dropped a couple of points early on and would spend most of the competition chasing down Bacabal. We would overtake them in the standings until the penultimate game, a 3-1 home win to put ourselves into a strong position to retain our State Championship. A final day 6-2 win wrapped it all up for another season.

During the state championship we would also play the first round of the Brazilian Cup and we fell foul of the losing a home leg by more than 2 goals rule. Avai taking away a 3-0 win but at least a little bit of prize money eased the pain.

We carried the good form from the state championship into the First Phase of the Third Division by winning our opening 3 games outscoring out opponents 13-2. This more or less guaranteed our progression but we wouldn’t sit back and wait for it to come, we carried on winning games and secured our progression with 3 games to go. Making us the first team into the Second Phase. No team in the group would be able to touch us and we finished by winning all 8 games and conceding just 3 goals.

Third Division First Phase

Into the Second Phase and form didn’t desert us, 3 more wins to open giving us one foot in the Second Division for next season. Needing a point at home to Americana to secure promotion we went on to suffer our first defeat of the season 2-0. Two draws would see us end the second phase topping the group and playing Caxias to be crowned league champions.

Third Division Second Phase

The Final would be played over two legs and starting at home would give us quite an advantage as we went on to secure a famous 4-0 victory. The away leg was a cagey affair with Caxias opening the scoring and eventually going onto win the game 2-1 but losing the final 5-2 on aggregate.

The wonderful team performance also won me Manager of the Year.

So a practically perfect first season, if we ignore the poor showing in the cup. Two league wins and a promotion, with all my players on long term contracts we should be able to field the same team next season. I just have to hope that the board don’t start selling players behind my back as we’re financially ruined at the moment, looking forward to larger attendances against bigger teams next season.

Aims for next season:-

-Avoid relegation

-Retain Maranhao State Championship

-Bit of cup run would be nice.

Welsh Wizard - You've made some good signings, hopefully they'll do well for you and take you from bottom to top of the league.

I know what you mean about Adu, does seem like he's been around forever. Wasn't he 14 when he first appeared in a game? I'm thinking it was FM05 but I'm not sure.

Think was 15 and on FM06 but might of been on 05 but I think he was on 06 at the very least. Been my best player so far in the league.

Think we lacking a player or two to reach the top but we will see.

Well done on being champions. Brazil likely my next destination if I finish in MLS. MLS can be confusing but Brazil looks even more so.

Razer82: Congrats!

Thanks!

Think was 15 and on FM06 but might of been on 05 but I think he was on 06 at the very least. Been my best player so far in the league.

Think we lacking a player or two to reach the top but we will see.

Well done on being champions. Brazil likely my next destination if I finish in MLS. MLS can be confusing but Brazil looks even more so.

Thanks, seemed to be pretty much a perfect first season. Brazil is less confusing than it used to be now that they've simplified the Third Division. It used to be a case of 128 teams going for just 4 promotion places with about 3 different group stages. State championships are all different, so you'll just have check them out when you pick a team.

72019000.png

Philadelphia Union - End of Season Update - 2012

League Table

Play-offs

MLS Cup Final

Player Stats

US Cup Fixtures

US Cup Final

Great season winning the league by quite a margin and set highest points on the way. Season was very much like how Beckham preformed really kicked off in 2nd half of the season. Great cup run and ended up winning the final quite easy even with the red card.

Transfers

Squad

Added to the squad a few players after the transfer update. Main one not mentioned was Islam Ibrahim.

The signing of Agbossoumonde gives the option of an all American CB partnership but do have a Canadian CB coming in which I hope does not count as an international or might find his way back out. Valdes is leaving and I think it was for 1st pick in the draft. Tonetto and Pusineri are retiring but have replacements on the way. Beckham is expiring but think I will sign him for another year but unsure atm.

Key Players

Gale Agbossoumonde

David Beckham

Freddy Adu

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12    Major League Soccer          1st      US Cup Winners

Going to give this a go, havent managed in South America for quite some time.

Decided to go in Chile. Always had a soft spot for them ever since Zamorano and his anthem shouting :D

I am now the new manager of Deportes Temuco! Not to be confused with Union Temuco (who are owned by Marcelo Salas!)

The other link for me to Chile is that like many on these forums, i have an admiration for Bielsa and his approach to the game. I shall therefore be trying to create a lower league system which works, in the spirit of Bielsa (this is going to go badly wrong........)

Razer82 – Sampio Correa FC – Brazilian National Second Division – 2013

Maranhao State ChampionshipWinners!

Brazilian National Second Division – Media Prediction 20th – Actual – Winners!

Brazilian Cup – 2nd Round – Lost 3-0 to Botafogo

Team Stats

Transfers

Top ScorerSylvester Williams (27)

Top AssistsMarco Aurelio / Thiago Miracema (13)

We didn't have a large amount of incoming players this season, my main focus was to keep the core of last season's team together & playing well.

This season’s state championship was more orless like last seasons. A case of business as usual with us managing tocomplete the entire competition unbeaten once again. Whilst we didn’t score asmany goals this year, only 43 but conceding just 5 goals made sure that nobodywas able to get past us this year. Being the only side in the state to actuallyplay league football does make things much easier.

Our cup adventure started away to Araguaina this season where we could only manage a 1-1 draw. A much better performance in the second leg saw us into the 2nd round for the first time by way of a 3-1 win.

The second round was not as easy, starting with a home game against Botafogo, the gap in quality to the first division showed as we were out played to the tune of 3-0 and no second leg to play again this season.

With a media prediction of 20th for the Second Division, I was sure that this season was going to be a struggle. I was gladly proven wrong very quickly, we opened the season with a 3-1 home win and the side never really looked back on the way to a league record 17 game unbeaten run.

This run meant that we were always sniffing around the promotion places in complete contrast to our predicted finish. A slight run of poor form would see us fall behind a couple of the stronger teams but we were still picking up points along the way as we amassed 15 draws throughout the year.

We picked our form up again towards the end of the season and with two games to go the only teams capable of winning the league were us and Goias whom we would play at home in the penultimate match. We stormed to a 2-0 win to catapult us to the top of the league with just one game to play. Our fate was then in our own hands, a point in the final game and we were champions. We had to come from behind in the final game to earn a 1-1 draw and secure our second consecutive league title.

Aims from last season:-

-Avoid relegation – Clearly achieved this one.

-Retain Maranhao State Championship – Easily retained.

-Bit of cup run would be nice. – Wouldn’t call it a run as we only made one extra round.

Aims for next season:-

-Avoid relegation

-Make a profit

-Sneak into a continental qualifying place – Top 13 sides in Brazil make it so it’s not out of the question.

And go badly wrong it did........

Was reasonably happy with the squad standard on arrival, a full team and one or two with decent stats. Embarked on a recruitment drive and brought in a number of freebies and couple of signings for under £5K. Highest profile signing was Argie striker Fabian Caballero (once of Arsenal and Dundee!) and also a regen Togo winger recommended by an agent who looked a diamond prospect.

The tactical experiment was woeful and in our first 6 league games we managed 2 draws and 4 defeats. At this point i abandoned Bielsa and tried to bring in some scottish style to Chile. 442 we went to, an old fashioned winger on one side with a wide midfielder on the other, big man/small man up front.

Things improved a bit with 3 wins in a row at one point, but then we got inconsistent again. With 5 games remaining we were still Bottom (as we had been all season) and 2pts from safety and the board decided enough was enough and i got my books.........First time sacked since i think FM08!!

Going to give it another go in chile, holidaying again now (stupidly i didnt save a "master" game before the refresh date to allow for the contingency of being sacked and having to start again!)

Jambo 98 – Provincial Osorno S.A.D.P. – Chilean First Division B – 2012

Chilean First Division B (First Phase) – Prediction 4th - Actual - Winners!

Chilean First Dvision B (Second Phase) – 4th

Promotion Playoffs - Winners!

Copa Chile - Quarter Finals

Top Scorer – Jonathan Miranda (26)

Top Assists – Mariano Berriex (17)

POTY - Mariano Berriex (20 goals plus 17 assists, Ave Rating 7.25)

Making a proper go of it in Chile, pre-season start with number of transfers in and out. South American scouting found me a very promising 20 year old Mexican CM who looked good enough for the first team as well as scouts rating as a 5 star prospect. Agent offers brought 2 futher promising youngsters from as far afield as Senegal and Guinea (good to see african regens are still crazy....:lol:). £5K was spent recruiting a 23yr old Argie who looked like he would become our main creative force (which he did - see above!). Finally a Chilean striker was brought in on loan from the top division to provide some pace up front. He turned out to be inspired..... A couple of other chileans came in to complete the squad (and keep me within the foriegn players limit!)

A 4 3 2 1 formation was implimented right from the first day of pre-season, and early friendly results were excellent, winning them all including beating a top division team. Early season form was great and after 8 games we had raced ahead at the top of our sub division by some 5 points. However a rocky period of 1 win in 5 drew us back into the pack, and down to second place by mid season. The second half of the season was inconsistent at times, but we still had enough in the tank to finish top of our sub division for the "first phase". The team was being very much driven by the goals of Miranda, who was only on a 6 month loan......fortunately his club renwed and i would have him for the rest of the season.

Into the second phase and again we started on fire, 6 games in we sat top and looking comfortable for promotion. Then followed a disasterous sequence of results, including 5 straight league defeats. This left us siting 4th, in the last playoff place, going into the last game of the season. Having failed to win any of our previous 7 games (including cup), it didnt look good. However we found our form at the right time and won 5 v 2 to send us into a 2 legged play off with Audax Italiano from the division above.

The first leg was at home, and we had a steady 2 nil win, no dramas. This had us down as slight favourites going into the second leg, but it was still an away match against a far bigger team. Sure enough at the end of 90mins we were 2 nil down........extra time it was. My players were on the last legs, we struggled through extra time and with 2mins to go i was looking at my last remaining sub and assessing the best penalty taker.....then, last kick of the ball of the season, and our sub AMC latched onto a through ball from MIranda, and slotted home! Promotion!

Bum squeaking stuff, but next season we will be playing top flight football in Chile.

Aims for next season

1) Hold onto loan striker, or find a replacement!

2) Survive!

• 2 weeks later...

viiralx I know you've started elsewhere but when I was going to do this challenge I wanted Santa Cruz (the big one) and tried 3 different saves of my own, plus your link and couldn't get them but I did get Gama from your link, I forgot all about posting it here though because the thread dropped right down and I went on to Gundo's challenge:( Here's the save if you still want it for a later date or something/ They kept coming too so it's odd why you didn't get them http://www.mediafire.com/?sq8dshcrvtl6k92

If anyone gets Santa Cruz (any year) will they be so kind as to upload it please as I had great saves with them on FM 09 and 10 when they were playable and would love to do it again, especially as I am sure they are debt free now.

If at any point I get them or Juventude i'll post on here as this will be my side project alongside the big Euro challenge :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im hoping that somebody can do me a massive favour. Can somebody upload a save game from a pc that is just the MLS loaded on large database on the required date. The reason that I ask is that I am playing on a mac and there are mac only problems with the MLS. The league doesn't reload for the second season and the MLS Draft doesn't work. So I am hoping that if somebody can upload a save from a PC it should run ok. I really don't mind who finishes bottom of the MLS although preferably not Chivas USA.

Hope somebody can help.

@Watson156: i think I can try to make a save for you.

Also, I'm thinking to take up this challenge. My first choice would have been Uruguay, but seeing that it's already used(and it would be boring to have two people with the same team), I'll go for Mexico or Chile.

Im hoping that somebody can do me a massive favour. Can somebody upload a save game from a pc that is just the MLS loaded on large database on the required date. The reason that I ask is that I am playing on a mac and there are mac only problems with the MLS. The league doesn't reload for the second season and the MLS Draft doesn't work. So I am hoping that if somebody can upload a save from a PC it should run ok. I really don't mind who finishes bottom of the MLS although preferably not Chivas USA.

Hope somebody can help.

Simulating the league now. I'll edit this post as soon as it finishes with a Mediafire link for downloading.

LE: Done, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?m52dx5j0g33ygut

Archived