[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

Is anyone else's Mevlut Erdinc playing.. too well? I mean this guy has poor technical stats and only 9 composure, and yet he's banging goals like there's no tomorrow. In my game he scored 23 goals in 25 games so far, he's playing much better than, say, Wilfried!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've missed this thread, just starting to get back into my PSG save.

Half way through season 4, board just accepted a bid of £13.5m for Willy Boly after i negotiated it up from £6.5m...not the owrst but not too keen on the board taking charge of transfer decisions.

Nice to see you back :thup:

Unlucky that the board accepted the offer for Willy Boly without asking you. They did the same for me when they sold Kara, £14M to Manchester City.

Is anyone else's Mevlut Erdinc playing.. too well? I mean this guy has poor technical stats and only 9 composure, and yet he's banging goals like there's no tomorrow. In my game he scored 23 goals in 25 games so far, he's playing much better than, say, Wilfried!

I sold him to a club in Turkey after that he spent two seasons on loan over there. I somehow regret I didn't gave him a chance. Good to see he is scoring for you!

I have finished my first season. I won the league very easily, but that was mostly because Lyon and OM played BADLY and both finished somewhere in the middle of league table. I also got to semi final in Euro League, where I lost against Bayern (0:3 home and 3:2 away), which is bad luck really considering that the other semi final was Dnipro vs Salzburg >_< Gameiro was my gem, despite being injured for a while he still managed to get the europe's top marksman award (64.00 points).

I reshuffled my squad a bit before second season. Sold Pastore for 30 mln to City, also got rid of Erdinc and some deadwood. Bought a few young prospects to build a team for the future, also reinforced my midfield with Huddlestone. My goal for this season is winning the league again and getting at least to the quarter finals of CL.

Start of the second season, I won the Coupe de la ligue and the French Cup in my first season but I lost out of the league. OM won the league by 6 points in the end. So far in the second season I've won the French Champions Trophy. I bought Angel Di Maria, Yohan Cabaye, Martin Marvin among others. Started well so far winning 5 out of 5. First Champions League game coming up.

My chairman surprised me just after the January transfer window closed in 2016 :thup:

psgmoremoney.png

I signed some young Africans in this window. Some for the future and some for now.

And then I get this proposal...

psgrussia.png

My players are on holiday on that date so I rejected the invitation.

My chairman surprised me just after the January transfer window closed in 2016 :thup:

psgmoremoney.png

I signed some young Africans in this window. Some for the future and some for now.

And then I get this proposal...

psgrussia.png

My players are on holiday on that date so I rejected the invitation.

Yeah he did that several times when I was in charge of PSG. Usually happened once the bank balance began to drop.

The Russia friendly is strange. Never seen a nation challenge a club before.

My chairman pumps money into the club all the time, but I don't seem to be getting bigger transfer budgets because of it. I mean most of my transfer money I got second season was from selling players :x

Noticed this as well. Kind of strange that PSG have a foreground sugardaddy yet their transfer budgets seem so small.

Here's my squad in my third year in charge. We've done the domestic treble the first two years, although our ventures into Europe have been really poor. Brought in Marek Hamsik this season who, sitting behind Pastore, has been deadly. I wasn't even looking to bring him in until I saw that OM had an offer accepted for him. I couldn't have that... So I made an offer as well and he chose us over OM. Kadlec has been a real let down. He's been with me for two seasons now and despite playing with the first team, he's shown me very little. Unless he sets the world on fire, he's out of here over the winter.

Screenshot2012-01-29at45210PM.png

So far this season we've played 7, won 7. Over those 7 matches we've only allowed 2 goals.

Screenshot2012-01-29at51026PM.png

A few of my better regens....

Samir Mesbah

Babacar Diouf

Alassane Mendy

Emilio

Franck Renard

Simos Efthymiadis

Herve Faget

Octavio Flores

The away game against Manchester City in the quarter final of Champions League is in 2 days, we won the home game 3-0. Both my first team goalkeepers are out injured and will miss this big game... my reserve team goalkeeper Romaric Dossama, from Burkina Faso, will stand in goal.

6 games left in the league and we are first in the table. Things are looking good.

Interesting player. Was it he who signed from Senegal?

Wow. I'll echo all the other comments about this thread and say that this is the best team guide I've ever seen :eek:

I was thinking of going PSG as they are probably my favourite French team and add to the fact that they now have new owners. Plus, I've never managed in France in any FM before.

This thread has me totally convinced now though. I will be starting a new PSG save after the new patch is released. Plus PSG have signed 3 players in the January window (Ronan Le Crom, Alex & Maxwell).

How do most of you play Pastore in AMC?

I made the mistake of using him to run with ball often... and it was horrific. He just kept skinning people, getting to the edge of the box and then blasting it over the bar.

I then took off run with ball and since then he has been amazing... 6 assists in 3 games. Just keeps pinging these killer balls all around (is that creativity and flair at work?)

Yeah they totally needed yet another goalkeeper.. ;D Sigh.

Going strong so far in the second season, but got Barcelona and Inter in my CL group :( This is going to be so tough..

Lol they definitely didn't I agree.

I guess this guy has been brought in for his experience and to tutor the younger keepers. What's his attributes like in FM? Would he make a good tutor?

Starting a new save with PSG as soon as Forbsie releases his patch today. Can you convince Hazard to join per-chance? Always fancied using him on FM.

I've never managed in France before, so is there anything I should know? About to read through the (excellent) OP now, should be an expert after that anyway!!!

Starting a new save with PSG as soon as Forbsie releases his patch today. Can you convince Hazard to join per-chance? Always fancied using him on FM.

I've never managed in France before, so is there anything I should know? About to read through the (excellent) OP now, should be an expert after that anyway!!!

If you've never managed in France, when you start a game, in the playable divisions, make sure you select "CFA and above" as it will give playing time to your reserves who play in the CFA League.

If you've never managed in France, when you start a game, in the playable divisions, make sure you select "CFA and above" as it will give playing time to your reserves who play in the CFA League.

Agreed, this is crucial in my opinion.

Try to declare your interest in Hazard a few time, then he may get interested in a move. I am currently chasing André Ayew, playing for Liverpool now, but he's not interested in a move despite my long interest.

And for managing in France - as mention, load all leagues. There is also a Joker transfer window in this country. Between 1st September and 31st December. During this time you can sign a player from another team in the league. This is actually the window I have spent most of my money in.

Really pleased with this transfer...

aa239.png

Bienvenu au PSG, Gaël Kakuta!

For the bargain price of £1.9M, I couldn't turn this deal down. He even took a pay-cut as he was that desperate to leave chelsea! He's only 23, so there's still room to improve and he's had a great start to his PSG career, scoring the winner in the Euro super cup against Arsenal in emphatic fashion with a 25-yard screamer! :thup:

Finished my second season. Won the league again, with Gameiro scoring 49 goals. I got to the final of French Cup, where I lost 3:4 against Lemans FC, who got relegated this season.. To make up for it I won Champions League after a tough game against Real Madrid (3:2)!

My only transfer for season 3 is Cavani. I wanted Doumbia, but he refused to join me for some reason. Maybe that's because he plays for OM?

BTW Gameiro was Europe's top marksman again, with score of.. 96.00!

Here are the two best regens in my game- Sergio Berra and Alexander Ramírez

2enlwtw.png

Berra is as close to Messi as they come. Great dribbling, first touch and technique. Ramírez is a great prospect, the only thing that worries me about him is his very, very low bravery.

Here are the two best regens in my game- Sergio Berra and Alexander Ramírez

2enlwtw.png

Berra is as close to Messi as they come. Great dribbling, first touch and technique. Ramírez is a great prospect, the only thing that worries me about him is his very, very low bravery.

Very low natural fitness as well mate. Looks like could be trained to play the DLP role decently though.

Very low natural fitness as well mate. Looks like could be trained to play the DLP role decently though.

Good point, would be a good dictator of the play, guess I've got to get him tutored by Marvin Martin then!

Anyway...

jv0h6w.png

This may not seem like much, but it hit me hard. Nenê was a cult hero down here at PSG, an icon, but he left for the money..

One more thing...

t7n2ts.png

We've done the double- and we're only in December! :D

Have a good friday guys! :D

Lets hope his current club develops him well in the next 3 years before he signs for PSG. Can be a very good player for the club. Good find!

I know, the team he's at only has 'adequate' facilities though!

P.S, how comes you aint been posting as much recently? This thread's got pretty dead! :(

...how comes you aint been posting as much recently?

Work, studies, family etc.

I'm now in pre-season, season 2016/17 and has once again changed my formation and the tactical setup. I want to play more possession football. So far it's looking good, have had 70-80% of the possession in the pre-season games against Ligue 1 opposition.

Will update more later.

Work, studies, family etc.

I'm now in pre-season, season 2016/17 and has once again changed my formation and the tactical setup. I want to play more possession football. So far it's looking good, have had 70-80% of the possession in the pre-season games against Ligue 1 opposition.

Will update more later.

Fair enough. Same here, but It's the half-term holidays now so I've got a week off. What formation you going for? I'm guessing either a flat 4-4-2 or a narrow 4-2-3-1?

My next season starts in 3 days and I am happy with my squads. I have sold some youngsters to other clubs. Actually some good youngsters. One really good attacking midfielder from Russia, Vladimir Soskov signed for Mallorca £4.8M. Last season I signed Christopher Samba from Blackburn for a very high fee. He played 31 games and scored 14 goals for us as a central defender. Very impressive. He's sold now as well, Barcelona paid us £21M and he left for Spain. I will once again use Sandro as a ball-playing central defender. Christopher Samba + the sell fee of some youth players = an income of £40.5M :thup:

This is my squads at the start of the 2016/17 season:

psgsquad2016.png

Some players in the reserve team will be sent out on loan before the transfer window closes.

Struggled to find a club to play as since I got bored of my Man United save, stumbled along this thread and just look at the opening posts I was amazed how much detail it has got in it! Definitely doing a PSG game right now!!

I see you signed Eto'o and Alex Song, how much did they cost you?

Samuel Eto'o was 35 years old when he signed a pre-contract with us, but I still had to pay his old club a fee of £7M. I had the money to it was no problems.

Alex Song only cost me £5.5M from Arsenal despite being regular in their starting eleven. If I remember correct it some problems with his contract at Arsenal.

The season has finally started and we are first in the league after one game - a 7-0 victory over Caen :thup: ...with mixed goalscorers.

Good player but unneeded IMO. Sirgu and Douchez are superb keepers and you have Areola coming through.

I can see where you are coming from but I am just giving some more depth with the first team, players that won't mind sitting on the sidelines and not being paid but have the experience to come in if needed, and maybe get some tutoring done for my youngsters!

Robert, Zenden and Materazzi have all accepted same sort of contracts as well!

friendlys.jpg

A nice win over Manchester City away :thup: ...how did the season start?

During pre-season before my 2nd season, Pastore has got 3 goals and 5 assists for a 8.48 rating from 5 games.

God please let him continue this form.

Good start for Javier Pastore. Did he continue his good form in the league?

The season has started very well for me and my team. A possession based style of football didn't produced the goals I was looking for so I changed style and are now playing a 4-4-2 formation. Kevin Gameiro now not longer on the right wing but instead he is the poacher - and scoring many goals.

league2016.png

Surprisingly I didn't send any of my reserve team players out on loan. They are still in the reserve team playing 3-4 arranged friendly games per week.

Archived