FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

How is Sergi Gomez turning out to be for you people ? I just signed him for my Arsenal side at the start of my 2nd season for only 1,5 M ,coaches rate him quite good (3,5 stars) ,he also seemed the best young promising defender at Barca (better than the likes of Marc Bartra,Sergi Roberto , Muniesa, etc.)so i'm hoping he would become in a few years my first choice CB , right now he's backup for vermaelen and alderweireld. Also got gabriel milito to tutor him , to up his determination and mental strenght a bit.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oneskyride Both Muniesa and Fontas were above him in the pecking order for me due to their superior ability IMO. Although Gomez is a few years younger. At the start of my second season Gomez is in Barcelona B. As he does not have a future in the first team. Looking at his attributes he does look decent and is touted as the next Miguel Angel Nadal, which is encouraging. And 3.5 potential starts for Arsenal is very good, so I am sure he is better on your save, than in mine. £1.5m is cheap, so if he does not work out, then I am sure you could get a larger fee than you paid for him. I would say there are better youth CB's out there. If his attributes are similar to mine then I would not want him deputising for your first half centre halfs any time soon! May be harsh, but only time will tell. Hope he turns out well for you!!! :)

Couple of questions guys!!!

+ Is it possible do manage the under 19's. I have been on team policy, and ticked the control team box, at the start of the season, and come January nothing has happened! :(

+ Is it possible for a player/coach to still tutor players?

Cheers in advance for any solutions guys! :)

I have Arjen Robben arriving in the summer for free transfer, under the bosman ruling!!! :p

He hasn't been injured, he's been offered playing time, his atributes haven't changed at all. He's being tutored by Milito, and he;s not unhappy. on the pitch he was decent (6.8 ish ) although he did make a few mistakes . He was unhappy earlier with too much training, but it was solved when i told him he needs to work harder. So, what can be the cause ? it;s really annyoing to suddenly find your promising player turn into a ''fairly good potential'' player without any plausible reason..

Hi guys,

I'm playing a Barca save at the moment, and I'm a bit in doubt about the usefulness of promoting youngsters to Barcelona B - as far as I can see, they don't train with my good coaches, so they aren't really going to develop as I'd want them to.

However, they are also becoming too old for the U19 team, but they are not yet ready to be a full part of the 25-man Barcelona squad..

My question is, is Barcelona B not basically the same as loaning out the players to a 2. division club? Should I try making better loan deals for the big prospects? Or does it not _really_ matter in the long run if they spend a year or two at Barcelona B?

Hi guys,

I'm playing a Barca save at the moment, and I'm a bit in doubt about the usefulness of promoting youngsters to Barcelona B - as far as I can see, they don't train with my good coaches, so they aren't really going to develop as I'd want them to.

However, they are also becoming too old for the U19 team, but they are not yet ready to be a full part of the 25-man Barcelona squad..

My question is, is Barcelona B not basically the same as loaning out the players to a 2. division club? Should I try making better loan deals for the big prospects? Or does it not _really_ matter in the long run if they spend a year or two at Barcelona B?

As you have said, and pretty obvious, it's the same as loaning out to a different club, except a lot easier and 100% certain to happen (just don't register the player into your first team).

Potentially, it's better IMO to send a player to Barca B or on loan, than let your coaches train him without any game time. I'm pretty sure playing matches consistently will make him a much better player than if he was stuck training every day for the next season or 2.

Gonna have a crack at this. Have a Question though.. does the team need strengthning? if yes which positions and who to buy??

I think you will be fine at the beginning with what is already at the club. But just make sure you put in your shortlist the following players (IMO):

Neymar

Lucas

Goetze

Hazard

Pato

Muniain

Aguero

M'Villa

Thiago Silva

Jose Angel

Azpilicueta

I'm sure you probably have your own favorite players in FM that you like to buy. Having said that, there is enough good player at the club to get by without any transfers in the first year and to still be successful.

Plus, Barca have enough youngsters that if you develop them correctly and/or if the -9 random PA is in the higher ranges, they can do a good job as back ups for you. The best youngsters are Muniesa, Bartra, Montoya, Thiago and Deulofeu.

I would highly recommend to you to go for Thiago Silva as Puyol's eventual replacement. He forms an excellent partnership with Pique as they complement each other very well. You also need to think about a replacement for Abidal at left back.

^^Rafinha also, in my game he has the potential to be better than his brother.

You are right, I forgot to mention Rafinha. I have him being tutored by Messi. It's been awhile since I've played my save though.

What a dominance, but we only won 2:0 :mad:

game.jpg

And this game was my best game in Barca carrer if you look at number of passes we made :)

passes.jpg

Iniesta completed 61 passes of 61 passes.

That is a nice domination, pity you were only able to win 2:0. Let me guess, Pique scored from a corner kick and Villa scored from counter-attack once Valencia decided to be more adventurous.

Are you still using the same tactic which you posted further up the page? How is Alba performing for you at LB? Is he on the same role as Dani Alves - wingback (attack)?

I think you will be fine at the beginning with what is already at the club. But just make sure you put in your shortlist the following players (IMO):

Neymar

Lucas

Goetze

Hazard

Pato

Muniain

Aguero

M'Villa

Thiago Silva

Jose Angel

Azpilicueta

I'm sure you probably have your own favorite players in FM that you like to buy. Having said that, there is enough good player at the club to get by without any transfers in the first year and to still be successful.

Plus, Barca have enough youngsters that if you develop them correctly and/or if the -9 random PA is in the higher ranges, they can do a good job as back ups for you. The best youngsters are Muniesa, Bartra, Montoya, Thiago and Deulofeu.

I would highly recommend to you to go for Thiago Silva as Puyol's eventual replacement. He forms an excellent partnership with Pique as they complement each other very well. You also need to think about a replacement for Abidal at left back.

Thanks Yonko do you think any players need selling?

I'm looking for tactics to 12 day .. I can not . who has send me pw .

I originally thought you were being serious, but now its getting annoying you keep repeating the same questions despite people already answering you. If you have been struggling to look for a tactic for so long just create your own mate.

Thanks Yonko do you think any players need selling?

Well, I've been starting my saves with no transfers allowed in the first window, so I'm not buying or selling anyone until January. But depending on how healthy your midfielders stay (Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas), you might find that you wont need Keita and perhaps he could be sold. I would advise you to not sell anyone unless they moan about playing time.

The squad is the best there is in FM12 and you should be fine. Just sort your shortlist, keep track on your targets and get ready for some transfer activity in the second season. After the first season, sell whoever has not been performing and buy replacements. Think about replacements for Abidal and Puyol though.

Good luck.

I'm looking for tactics to 12 day .. I can not . who has send me pw .

Go to the tactics forum, plenty of tactics there. Read, download, apply and see what happens. If nothing works, create your own. If you can't, then too bad. :D

I originally thought you were being serious, but now its getting annoying you keep repeating the same questions despite people already answering you. If you have been struggling to look for a tactic for so long just create your own mate.
Could you please stop spamming?

This guy Ventura is relentless, huh? He is not going to stop bugging us for tactics.

That is a nice domination, pity you were only able to win 2:0. Let me guess, Pique scored from a corner kick and Villa scored from counter-attack once Valencia decided to be more adventurous.

Are you still using the same tactic which you posted further up the page? How is Alba performing for you at LB? Is he on the same role as Dani Alves - wingback (attack)?

Yes i play Alba on LB (wing back) support role and he is performing awesome, always has rating of 7.5 or higher :) Im very happy with him.

Visca Barca !

Well, I've been starting my saves with no transfers allowed in the first window, so I'm not buying or selling anyone until January. But depending on how healthy your midfielders stay (Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas), you might find that you wont need Keita and perhaps he could be sold. I would advise you to not sell anyone unless they moan about playing time.

The squad is the best there is in FM12 and you should be fine. Just sort your shortlist, keep track on your targets and get ready for some transfer activity in the second season. After the first season, sell whoever has not been performing and buy replacements. Think about replacements for Abidal and Puyol though.

Good luck.

Thanks Yonko for the advice.. Gonna start the game tonight after my indoor footie. Cheers

I wasnt expecting that big win, because Osasuna isnt bad this season, they are 6th place in La Liga :)

superb-domination.jpg

Here are highlights. Messi scored double hattrick and Xavi made 5 assists.

[video=youtube;hwAbjMWv0SE]

Its not good quality but u its visible enough...

Hi again guys.. I'm getting confused here..

I created a 2nd manager, took control of Barcelona B in order to play the tactic and lineup I want to as well as hire better coaches, then went on holiday with ticks in "use current match tactics" and "use current team selection when possible" - But after a few months I check back and see that yes, the same tactic is used, but the starting lineup is not the one I wanted.

Also, it is completely impossible for me to change the tactics of my U-19 team, even if I select control team, there is nothing I can do.. Ideally my youth team would play same tactic as my 1st team, but apparently that's not possible for Barca?

EDIT: Forget this matter - just found it in the bugs forum, apparently it's a known problem, not much I can do about it :)

Yes i play Alba on LB (wing back) support role and he is performing awesome, always has rating of 7.5 or higher Im very happy with him.

Visca Barca !

Good to know. I have him shortlisted on my save and I'm monitoring his performances. I will have to choose between him and Jose Angel to replace Abidal at some point. How much did you pay Valencia for him and how much salary does he want? Does he have a greedy agent? The good thing is that Barca is listed amongst his favorite clubs.

I wasnt expecting that big win, because Osasuna isnt bad this season, they are 6th place in La Liga

superb-domination.jpg

Here are highlights. Messi scored double hattrick and Xavi made 5 assists.

[video=youtube;hwAbjMWv0SE]

Its not good quality but u its visible enough...

Nice win and an excellent performance, especially from Messi. Based on the video highlights, I can see that the ball is played to Messi's feet quite often by Iniesta and Xavi. Also these two look to have instructions to run forward and support him through the middle. Is Messi set as your Target Man with supply to feet? Do Xavi and Iniesta have RFD set on often? Also, are your set-pieces aimed at the far post?

Expect Ventura to ask you for a download link to your tactic...:D

Thanks Yonko for the advice.. Gonna start the game tonight after my indoor footie. Cheers

You are welcome.

Nice win and an excellent performance, especially from Messi. Based on the video highlights, I can see that the ball is played to Messi's feet quite often by Iniesta and Xavi. Also these two look to have instructions to run forward and support him through the middle. Is Messi set as your Target Man with supply to feet? Do Xavi and Iniesta have RFD set on often? Also, are your set-pieces aimed at the far post?

Im playing without target man, set-pieces are default so im very suprised that we score a lot from them, Pique is beast at set-pieces :)

Ventura sent me 7 PMs about tactic, poor guy :) Im wondering why he dont check tactic topics, because im not going to share my tactic, maybe sometime...

Season Update

Just thought i'd do my season update now that i've finished the 2nd season of my Barcelona career! It's been a long season, but we've emulated the success of season 1, but very much in a different style of play. This season i've been using a tactic that i've created myself, NOT based on Barcelona's style of play. Season 1 was fantastic and the matches were good to watch, but I just wasn't scoring enough goals and the actual attacking play wasn't that great. With my tactic, it's all about attacking movement and it's an absolute joy to watch, with goals coming from not only the two strikers, but the two wingers and the central midfielder too, with a couple from the defensive midfielder. My corner set-up also allows us to score a few corners.

LIGA BBVA

LIGA BBVA Table and LIGA BBVA Player Stats

The LIGA BBVA title was probably our best achievement if you consider the stats we produced. 38 games, 36 won, 2 drawn, 0 lost. We scored an insane 142 goals and only conceding 17 to gives us a goal difference of +125!!!

Some of our famous league victories included:

Athletic: 5 - 0 (Villa x3, Messi, Own Goal)

Valencia: 5 - 0 (Villa, Messi x2, Pique, Pedro)

Real Madrid: 4 - 0 (Sanchez x2, Villa, Messi)

Athletic: 5 - 2 (Puyol, Sanchez x3, Muniain)

At.Madrid: 4 - 0 (Messi x3, Own Goal)

Spanish Super Cup

The Spanish Super Cup was against the obvious side, Real Madrid. These were 2 close thought matches and the attacking movement wasn't yet ready as the side got used to the new tactic and way of playing. First leg was won (1-0) and the Second leg was won (2-1).

Euro Super Cup

The Euro Super Cup was against Udinese, a game that on paper was easy, but in reality was a tough test, especially with the new tactic. In the end we won comfortably (3-0), but we were given a scare as Messi went off injured after only 14 minutes. Thankfully it was only for a couple of days.

Club World Championship

Considered an easy challenge, but our first opponents in the Semi-Final proved a tough test. We played Shandong in the Semi-Final and won (3-1). In the final however, we faced Pumas and we totally dominated and should have scored much more, but a win is a win! (5-0).

Spanish Cup

The Spanish Cup is a competition that is of no importance, but is something we definately have to win, no matter what. It was an easy strole to the final, but we faced arch-rivals Real Madrid, who ultimately were brushed aside. Here are the competition results...

4th Round

Burgos (A) 5-0 (Messi x2, Sanchez x3)

Burgos (H) 16 - 0 (Messi x7, Villa x4, Sanchez x2, Xavi, Pique, Iniesta)

5th Round

Cartagena (H) 5-0 (Villa x2, Own Goal, Messi x2)

Cartagena (A) 3-0 (Messi x2, Mascherano)

Quarter Final

Osasuna (H) 5-0 (Messi x2, Pique, Pedro, Iniesta)

Osasuna (A) 5-1 (Villa x5)

Semi Final

Valencia (A) 5-3 (Villa x2, Own Goal, Paridis, Muniain)

Valencia (H) 2-1 (Messi, Sanchez)

Final

Real Madrid (N) 5-0 (Paridis x2, Messi x3)

Champions League

The Champions League was pritty much easy and we scored a ton of goals! We had an average group, with only AC Milan being a threat, but they were disposed of in both matches! Here are the results and some are well worth mentioning, especially AC Milan!

Group Stage

Leverkusen (A) 1-0 (Pedro)

Rangers (H) 6-0 (Messi x2, Villa, Pique, Sanchez x2)

AC Milan (A) 6-0 (Villa x2, Messi x3, Sanchez)

AC Milan (H) 4-1 (Messi, Iniesta, Villa x2)

Leverkusen (H) 2-1 (Busquets, Messi)

Rangers (A) 2-0 (Pique x2)

1st Knockout Round

Panathinaikos (A) 2-0 (Sanchez, Messi)

Panathinaikos (H) 5-1 (Pedro, Sanchez x3, Paridis)

Quarter Finals

Manchester United (A) 1-1 (Messi)

Manchester United (H) 5-2 (Villa, Sanchez, Messi x2, Paridis)

Semi Finals - (Won On Away Goals)

FC Porto (H) 3 - 1 (Messi, Paridis, Sanchez)

FC Porto (A) LOST 4 - 2 (Villa, Pedro)

Final

Real Madrid (N) 2-1 (Messi, Villa)

Overall, we've done a superb job, winning every competition going and only losing 1 match in all competitions, all season! Porto proved to be a very good team and they deserved to be in the Semi-Final, but our away goals proved to be their downfall! Here are the seasons stats...

Matches Played: 65

Goals Scored: 236

Goals Conceded: 37

Average Attendance: 93,715

Teams Stats, Team Formation and End Of Season Fixtures

Players Of The Season

Lionel Messi - The best player this season by far! He was unable to beat his record goal scoring from last season, but matched it all the same with 84 goals! However, this season in his new role, he was much more than a goalscorer, but also a provider and his overall stats were much better! I'm confident that next season, he can eclipse the 84 goals and also provide more goals!

David Villa - Messi's partner in crime! This guy was simply brilliant this season, with much more goals and assists than last season... 52 goals in 58 games, with the added 30 assists is simply brilliant for a much less talented partner to Messi. The only problem for Villa is time is against him at 31 years old and i've got a doubt that he can emulate his goalscoring and assisting next season.

Alexis Sanchez - This is the sort of season that any Winger could ever dream of! He was scoring Braces and Hatricks and consistent goals and assists. A simply briliant winger, the best around at the moment and I wouldn't swap him for anybody! 35 goals and 33 Assists from 61 games is a great return and it's partially down to his acceleration and pace, plus his dribbling, first touch and technique abilities. His Dribbling is by far the best and can beat any man that comes up against him on his day.

Andres Iniesta - This little guy has had a tough season, being given a role on the left flank, as opposed to his usual role of Central Midfield. The tactic only accomodates 1 CM, so AML was the position for Iniesta, due to the lack of an able player who is a Natural AML. Iniesta took it in his stride and is undoubtfully the best when it comes to creating chances and goals. He wasn't anything like Sanchez on the opposite flank, but his creation was second to none with 46 assists in 56 games! He scored only a mere 6 goals, but he can be forgiven, as he doesn't possess much pace to run like Sanchez does, to open the defence up and score himself.

Xavi - The guy who pulls the strings in this Barcelona team... This is the guy who starts off the creation and allows the Wingers and Strikers to play the way they do! He also gets in on the act with several long balls, getting a very respectable 25 assists and scoring 4 goals. Not bad for a Central Midfielder. Unfortunately, age is getting the better of him now and his stats are starting to decline unfortunately. Not to worry though, he has an able backup in the shape of Cesc Fabregas!

Victor Valdes - Valdes is an absolute machine! Last season, he didn't have very much to do unfortunately and despite the vast amount of clean sheets, he wasn't recognised as the best goalkeeper, due to this being mostly down to my defence. However, this season he collected the award and it is fully justified with an AVMR of 7.19! He played 62, conceded 35 and finished with a top quality 37 clean sheets! Despite being 31, this guy is still improving and it will be very hard to replace him.

Young Player Of The Season

Jose Manuel Paridis - He is nicknamed (by me) The Beast! He's a giant 6'9" and currently had 19 Jumping and 16 Heading! He's a very strong lad and weighs in at 14st 9lbs with 15 Strength. He's also very brave with 17. I consider this lad to be the successor to Carles Puyol and over the 2nd half of the season, he has played more games than Puyol. He's scored a massive 12 goals from corners and there is no wonder why! He's played a total of 37 games, 8 of those as a substitute. I chose to move him into the side as early as I could, despite being 16 years old at the time, because he has amazing potential, he's a Barcelona product and I want him to become the Worlds best Center Back!

JosManuelParadsOverview_Attributes-2.png

lol. I suck at applying screenshots I always get errors, ugh. Just blew a 2-0 halftime lead against Chelsea, but Frankie missed a PK in 90+3 of +3 added time and I held on to win 2-1 :D

Lost the Spanish Cup in the semis, but finished 36-2-0 in the league. Complacency is tough in this game, and Iniesta has had 3-4 month injuries the first two seasons and isn't as good :'(

Yonko, just looking at the tactic you posted above it seems very similar to the way I have my team set out (and quite a lot of others I've noticed). But I was wondering what you have done about assigning a playmaker? Obviously the TC would automatically set it as Messi in the Trequartista role, do you leave it as this or do you manually set it (probably to the Adv Playmaker - Support assuming that is Xavi)?

Yonko, just looking at the tactic you posted above it seems very similar to the way I have my team set out (and quite a lot of others I've noticed). But I was wondering what you have done about assigning a playmaker? Obviously the TC would automatically set it as Messi in the Trequartista role, do you leave it as this or do you manually set it (probably to the Adv Playmaker - Support assuming that is Xavi)?

Where is Yonko's tactic? I didn't think he'd made it yet...

Tactic Master

Great Season

First of all, superb season, very well done! :thup: A very neat, concise season update which was nice to read. :) It's good to see that you have made a tactic for total destruction, while keeping a solid base at the back! Your player and team statistics are very good! Its good/interesting to see you play with two players 'up top' Getting three players to score 30+ goals is a very good achievement, especially as two of them have over 50 and 80 respectively. I think a team with two strikers, although Messi does drop off into space, gives any side a much for balanced approach and feel. And with just one forward/striker, the team end up just going to that player at every given opportunity, which in the long term is far too over reliant. With the majority of goals been attributed to one player, where as you have spread the load among a few players, which is far more sensible, and if Messi is having an off day then other players can step in. Or rather they are not stepping in, as it is their job! I was very surprised to see Iniesta with 46 assists!!! I did not realise you had him as a AML, if he played as a AMC then you could say well ok, but 46 assists from AML is pretty frightening!

Fitness

One thing that did surprise me was the amount of games that your players managed to play, especially a certain Messi. Four of your outfield player managed to play (start) 60+ games in a season..... And Villa 58. How was that possible? Unlike in previous FM's, you could pretty much play the same team each game, but in recent years FM has become more realistic and you d0 have to rotate/rest, and players do get injured. Given Messi's injury proness in the game, he often in my game gets niggles and in some cases longer term injuries. I myself often sub Messi at around 55/60 minutes when a game is often won and he is tried and needs resting for the next game. Is he superhuman is your game? haha You also say that the Spanish Cup has no importance to you, yet you play your strongest team (going my the goalscorers) in every round, even against Burgos. Just struck me as a little odd! :p

Paradis

Great newgen TM! He does look like a beast! :p If he continutes to develop, then he has a very bright future ahead of him!!! And at that height! P + P! What a towering partnership!!!

Iniesta

You also got the Iniesta bug! I did too. His value shoots up to £49.5m in the summer of the second season, and then it was got back to his actual value in time!

Tactic Master

Great Season

First of all, superb season, very well done! :thup: A very neat, concise season update which was nice to read. :) It's good to see that you have made a tactic for total destruction, while keeping a solid base at the back! Your player and team statistics are very good! Its good/interesting to see you play with two players 'up top' Getting three players to score 30+ goals is a very good achievement, especially as two of them have over 50 and 80 respectively. I think a team with two strikers, although Messi does drop off into space, gives any side a much for balanced approach and feel. And with just one forward/striker, the team end up just going to that player at every given opportunity, which in the long term is far too over reliant. With the majority of goals been attributed to one player, where as you have spread the load among a few players, which is far more sensible, and if Messi is having an off day then other players can step in. Or rather they are not stepping in, as it is their job! I was very surprised to see Iniesta with 46 assists!!! I did not realise you had him as a AML, if he played as a AMC then you could say well ok, but 46 assists from AML is pretty frightening!

Fitness

One thing that did surprise me was the amount of games that your players managed to play, especially a certain Messi. Four of your outfield player managed to play (start) 60+ games in a season..... And Villa 58. How was that possible? Unlike in previous FM's, you could pretty much play the same team each game, but in recent years FM has become more realistic and you d0 have to rotate/rest, and players do get injured. Given Messi's injury proness in the game, he often in my game gets niggles and in some cases longer term injuries. I myself often sub Messi at around 55/60 minutes when a game is often won and he is tried and needs resting for the next game. Is he superhuman is your game? haha You also say that the Spanish Cup has no importance to you, yet you play your strongest team (going my the goalscorers) in every round, even against Burgos. Just struck me as a little odd! :p

Paradis

Great newgen TM! He does look like a beast! :p If he continutes to develop, then he has a very bright future ahead of him!!! And at that height! P + P! What a towering partnership!!!

Iniesta

You also got the Iniesta bug! I did too. His value shoots up to £49.5m in the summer of the second season, and then it was got back to his actual value in time!

Thanks, it was a very good to watch and when I looked at the match confidence screen, the fans are always talking about how they are loving the attacking movement etc.

Fitness

Yeah, last season I had a lot of problems when it came to injuries, with Messi a 2 month injury, plus a few niggles, but he was still able to score 84 despite that. I've preffered to use rotation during the match, using the subs to my advantage. I did have several other players in the squad, but I moved them to the U19's because they were complaining a lot. I often subbed the forwards for the younger players after they'd scored a few, because i feel that the match engine usually stops players scoring more than 2 or 3 anyway. Taking this into account, despite it saying they played so many games, they didn't play the full amount of games, which also kept fitness at high levels. I also have created my own training schedules which are focused on the way I play the game and my tactic, including pre-season schedules which do actually prevent a lot of injuries during a season (a belief of a select few, which as you can see must be true).

I think I got very lucky with Messi this season because he only picked up very small injuries that didn't affect his games, like the injury I talked about in my update.

I think that the versatility of several players is a key factor to keeping the players fit aswell, so that when I removed either David Villa or Messi during a match, but didn't want to put a striker on, I could move Sanchez up front, or from January, Muniain was able to go upfront, allowing me to sub on Pedro, Adriano (who complained and is in U19's), Iniesta (if he wasn't playing) and Maillard (who i've been trying to give as many games as possible)

The only major injuries that I got was Alves who was out for 2 months (Lahm would play RB while Abidal played LB), Mascherano (can't remember how long), Xavi (for a month, but was in rotation with Cesc) and Villa who was only out for a couple of weeks.

Paridis

I'm focusing training on his Jumping at the moment which has recently gone up to 19 and will hopefully go up to 20 in time, then I will focus on his Heading ability. After that I think I need to focus on his Acceleration and Pace to allow him to keep up with the opposition strikers. Hopefully he can live up to his potential, but at the moment he is already attempting to make a first team spot his own.

Spanish Cup

I think you misunderstood me, I meant only that it was the least important, but I wanted to score as many goals as possible obviously. I always want to win every game.

Iniesta

I never even noticed that, why does it happen?

Thanks, it was a very good to watch and when I looked at the match confidence screen, the fans are always talking about how they are loving the attacking movement etc.

Fitness

Yeah, last season I had a lot of problems when it came to injuries, with Messi a 2 month injury, plus a few niggles, but he was still able to score 84 despite that. I've preffered to use rotation during the match, using the subs to my advantage. I did have several other players in the squad, but I moved them to the U19's because they were complaining a lot. I often subbed the forwards for the younger players after they'd scored a few, because i feel that the match engine usually stops players scoring more than 2 or 3 anyway. Taking this into account, despite it saying they played so many games, they didn't play the full amount of games, which also kept fitness at high levels. I also have created my own training schedules which are focused on the way I play the game and my tactic, including pre-season schedules which do actually prevent a lot of injuries during a season (a belief of a select few, which as you can see must be true).

I think I got very lucky with Messi this season because he only picked up very small injuries that didn't affect his games, like the injury I talked about in my update.

I think that the versatility of several players is a key factor to keeping the players fit aswell, so that when I removed either David Villa or Messi during a match, but didn't want to put a striker on, I could move Sanchez up front, or from January, Muniain was able to go upfront, allowing me to sub on Pedro, Adriano (who complained and is in U19's), Iniesta (if he wasn't playing) and Maillard (who i've been trying to give as many games as possible)

The only major injuries that I got was Alves who was out for 2 months (Lahm would play RB while Abidal played LB), Mascherano (can't remember how long), Xavi (for a month, but was in rotation with Cesc) and Villa who was only out for a couple of weeks.

Paridis

I'm focusing training on his Jumping at the moment which has recently gone up to 19 and will hopefully go up to 20 in time, then I will focus on his Heading ability. After that I think I need to focus on his Acceleration and Pace to allow him to keep up with the opposition strikers. Hopefully he can live up to his potential, but at the moment he is already attempting to make a first team spot his own.

Spanish Cup

I think you misunderstood me, I meant only that it was the least important, but I wanted to score as many goals as possible obviously. I always want to win every game.

Iniesta

I never even noticed that, why does it happen?

those stats are fantastic mate, very impressed i must ask tho what team settings do you use? i always tend to go short passing, more creative press more zonal marking, more roaming. just curious if you do the same? also do you use xavi as the playmaker as i never seem to have success with it but really want to get the maximum out of one!!

i was using a tactic for an earlier save that was just immense for me but then it stopped working so to tried to rescue it but all i succeeded in doing was to totally ruin it :( not been able to emulate its success either

those stats are fantastic mate, very impressed i must ask tho what team settings do you use? i always tend to go short passing, more creative press more zonal marking, more roaming. just curious if you do the same? also do you use xavi as the playmaker as i never seem to have success with it but really want to get the maximum out of one!!

i was using a tactic for an earlier save that was just immense for me but then it stopped working so to tried to rescue it but all i succeeded in doing was to totally ruin it :( not been able to emulate its success either

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/288240-FM12-Tactic-Masters-Gr8t-G0als?p=7362174#post7362174

Everything is in there mate.

Just started save with Barca. Won Spanish Super Cup and European Super Cup played 7 league games so far won them all apart from 2-2 draw at Valencia also won every game in Champions League so far so a nice solid start.

Players In: Hulk 29m and Kara 1m

Players Out: Maxwell 4.5m

Any tips on good spanish youth to look out for I know the main ones like Munian ans Insue

Any tips on good spanish youth to look out for I know the main ones like Munian ans Insue

You have Martin Montoya (natural FBr) in your squad and he is actually very good if you are able to give him enough games / tutoring / loan. It will be hard because of Daniel Alves and I usually get Montoya from free transfers at the start of the second season when managing some "lesser" teams. Also Jose Angel from Roma would be good replacement for Abidal after season or two.

You have Martin Montoya (natural FBr) in your squad and he is actually very good if you are able to give him enough games / tutoring / loan. It will be hard because of Daniel Alves and I usually get Montoya from free transfers at the start of the second season when managing some "lesser" teams. Also Jose Angel from Roma would be good replacement for Abidal after season or two.

ok thanks yer i noticed Montoya will try and give him as many games as possible as he is my back up for Alves. i will also check Jose Angel out

I'm trying to make an all La Masia team, and manage the B Team. So i've sent all the players that only have 2 star PA down to the B team, JDS didn't make the cut for me sadly.

I'm giving Planas a shot at the LB role. He's only 1.5 stars PA but he has great stats. I'm primarily playing Vertonghen there, and rotating Planas and then Abidal in. It's the third season and I'm hoping Abi, Keita, and Puyol will retire this year. I can't let them go and don't want to waste a spot registering them for the league. I've brought back Botia and have too many CBs :D

Pique

Vertonghen

Abidal

Bartra

Botia

Mascherano

I sold Fontas for 4m, he went to Palermo, average 6.5 for the season and somehow someone paid 10m for him. well, I had 50% next sale so I'm pleased with that but it's unrealistic.

I need advice about backup goalkepper that will be be Number 1, when Valdes retires.

Im in my second season, year 2013, month March and im looking for a young goalkepper that is similar to Valdes :)

Pinto left after first season (didnt want to renew contract), Mino will leave after this season (same as Pinto he doesnt want to renew), Oier left too...

I need advice about backup goalkepper that will be be Number 1, when Valdes retires.

Im in my second season, year 2013, month March and im looking for a young goalkepper that is similar to Valdes :)

Pinto left after first season (didnt want to renew contract), Mino will leave after this season (same as Pinto he doesnt want to renew), Oier left too...

Find a nice regen mate :)

Marc-André ter Stegen in a few words uros. Young, very talented, can replace Valdes when ever you need him to, as he is ready for the first team already, as you will get him at the end of the second season. You may have to pay £20m+, I paid £22m for him, a lot for a relatively young an experienced goal keeper, but he will be the no 1 for may years to come! :)

Find a nice regen mate :)

Best advice I have ever heard TM! :rolleyes:

Archived