FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@XxBowmanxX: Looks like a good tactic and the amount scored is impressive! can I see a SS of how Messi is playing?

@kamikaze_josh: I'm mid way thur second season and I think I'm going to slowly introduce him to my first team, be interesting to see how he develops on with full time training instead on the youth ones.

Thumbs up there mate! I have sold Villa, which seems foolish like at that SS lol But I got a big bid from Chelsea and he was injured and ageing rapidly so sold him and brought in a cut price Erik Lamela :)

I have a quick question, how do you set Messi's closing down? ATM i have it maxed out, so his pressing whole pitch. I was wondering, will this affect him finding space? Because If he wasnt closing down and pressing, he would just flowing about, wouldn't he?

Man city have just bid 10 up front and 45m over 30 months for masch :\ he was brilliant when he played but thats a big big fee i can get

They offered me £43m and I let him go. Great he was but I'm pretty strong in that area. I'm dreading the day Alves goes :( but on the bright side I have romario who is pretty much a carbon copy :)

@Bowman. Awesome first season, well done! I'm very interested to see how you progress with this back 3 tactic.

Personally, I never mind letting any of the non-cantera players leave for big fees. You have so many exceptional talents coming through, it won't be long before you've found a way to replace them. Thiago Silva very much fits the Barcelona philosophy though and there is no reason at all why either he, or Pique for that matter, couldn't step up into midfield. As ramie said though, Romeu is a La Masia graduate and perhaps bringing him back (£13M buy back clause) would be more satisfying.

I've just updated the OP to reflect how all of the first team and young players shape up on the latest patch. 11 pages of writing and trying to find things to say about the seemingly never ending stream of young talent!

I think Romeu is the best bet, his a lot younger than Silva and has catalan blood :)

My fav young player is toss up between Samper and Rafa... I had Sergi Roberto but he seems to have halted in his progress. Ohh and Javi Espinosa is very good on the update.

@RaggaeBwoy. Personally, I set width to about 3 clicks off as wide as it'll go and leave the play as mixed. The wingers stretch the play and leave more space for the central players and you also then keep the element of surprise (you're not always going out wide or through the middle). Still experimenting though and I'm by no means an expert!

Thats what I am doing, experimenting. I was asking because I know Barca irl have a big pitch but recently due to Messi being played in the false number 9 role a lot of the play is through the middle with Messi dropping deep and collecting it through the middle and then just doing those forward bursting runs from out of nowhere lol, good post btw

@RaggaeBwoy. Yep, most of the play is generally through the middle, but without the wide men to stretch the play it wouldn't be possible. Crosses aren't very effective when none of your front six are taller than 5'7''! My aim is usually to get the ball out wide, pull the full backs out of position and then lay it back to one of the creative players to play the final ball into that space.

@ramie. Guessing you've got all of the obvious settings already. Does he have high creative freedom? He's more likely to override your instructions if he does.

Hi Guys,

Anyone got any reccomendations on what keeper I can sign? I have tried to get Reina but cant afford him as I only have a £10m transfer budget. I have just started a new Barca game so want to make sure my signings are done and dusted before pre season starts.

Also does Oriol Romeu have a buy back clause from Chelsea in the game as I cant seem to find it anywhere?

Can anyone reccomend any decent staff I can sign? I have tried to get Di Salvo, Baldini, Ayesteran, but none of them want to come. I am looking to clear out most of the current staff and scouts as I dont think they are good enough. If anyone has suggestions on staff signings then that would be appreciated :)

Cheers

LG

Im not going to sign anyone atm i got adler on a free to play back up to valdes, he was rather injury prone last season, balleste will get games too. Sadly my youth intake was so poor last year all of them 1 star or 1.5 at max. Gerard deulofeu was brilliant last season for me, Apps 19(13) 15 goals and 17 assists from left or right wing. Bojan comes back at the end of the season hopefully he will be able to replace villa.

Im not going to sign anyone atm i got adler on a free to play back up to valdes, he was rather injury prone last season, balleste will get games too. Sadly my youth intake was so poor last year all of them 1 star or 1.5 at max. Gerard deulofeu was brilliant last season for me, Apps 19(13) 15 goals and 17 assists from left or right wing. Bojan comes back at the end of the season hopefully he will be able to replace villa.

Does Messi run with the ball alot for you?

Not as much as i thought he would but his movement and little passes with villa are brilliant and the reason he scores so many. if he does go on a run with the ball he tends to get one on one and miss, where when he plays a one two with someone he tends to score.

@gipsy are you struggling to get messi running to?

@kamikaze_joe: I have everything on rarely other than RWB and RFD. Ment is normal/high, CF on none, cross from byline, roam, no hold up, moves in channels. If I play if on the wing he goes past players but I want to recreate how he plays IRL and that seems to me, thur the middle and runs past defenders with eas and loads of freedom.

@ramie

not necessarily, he is performing quite well for me averaging 40 goals a season (I him rotate a lot with a young Spanish player who has already been tutored 3 times by Messi and is seriously starting to look like Messi 2.0) that said, I am convinced that there is still room to improve his contributon to the team on the pitch (i play 343 exclusively) hence my question :)

4qqws9.png

He has finally scored! LOL

Not a bad match in which to break his drought!

My suggestions would be to make his mentality quite defensive (so that he starts from deeper and has more space to run into) and give him some creative freedom (he's the best player in the world, so if you're going to trust any one to make decision, let it be Leo. Don't overdo it though.).

Are other players getting in his space? Do you use him as a Target Man (to feet)?

@ramie

not necessarily, he is performing quite well for me averaging 40 goals a season (I him rotate a lot with a young Spanish player who has already been tutored 3 times by Messi and is seriously starting to look like Messi 2.0) that said, I am convinced that there is still room to improve his contributon to the team on the pitch (i play 343 exclusively) hence my question :)

How does your 3-4-3 line-up, gipsy, and where does Messi fit in?

I wanted to lower his mentality to a defensive one but will that lead him not to take risks? Also I'll try set him as TM.

Yh bojan, is about to come back, roma bid £21m, what do I do?

I wanted to lower his mentality to a defensive one but will that lead him not to take risks? Also I'll try set him as TM.

Yh bojan, is about to come back, roma bid £21m, what do I do?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it just affected a players' starting position?

@kamikaze_josh

GK:Alves

DR:Montoya/Azpi

DC: Masche(retrained as DC)/Bartra

DL: Pique(retrained as DL/Muniesa

DMCR: Sandro/Romeu

DMCL: Busquets/Kevin

MCR: Fabregas/Diego Perez?

MCL: Iniesta/Thiago Rafinha will soon replace Iniesta

AMR: Sanchez/Pedro

AMC: Messi/Moises

AML: Bojan(retrained as AML)/Cuenca

so no striker, Messi or Moises (Messi 2.0) play as AMC ;)

Season 2017/2018

Voila :)

@kamikaze_josh

GK

DR DC DL

DMCR DMCL

MCR MCL

AMR AMC AML

so no striker, Messi or Moises (Messi 2.0) play as AMC ;)

Looks interesting! Very similar in a way to a conventional 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1), with one DC pushed up slightly into defensive midfield and the striker dropping deeper (As Messi does IRL anyway). I'm guessing your DMCR is a DLP and DMCL more defensive? How attacking are your fullbacks? Are your wingers inside forwards?

How have you got messi set up?

And I'm not sure about mentality tbh, some say it affects starting position others say risks etc.

I've looked around and it seems that it affects both. This is what www.guidetofootballmanager.com has to say about mentality:

Mentality affects players' positioning and decisions on the ball. Default mentality for each player is set according to your strategy and the player’s role and duty.

The more attacking a player's mentality, the higher up the pitch he will position himself (within the general constraints of his position in the team's formation). Also, the more attacking his decisions will be. So, for example, he will tend to choose attacking passes to players ahead of him rather than defensive passes to players behind him.

Generally, it is best to leave mentality at the default setting so that adjusting roles and duties during a match will automatically give a player the appropriate mentality. However, you may, for example, want your centre backs to have a defensive mentality no matter how attacking your strategy is, or becomes, during a match. In this case though, you should make sure to adjust the mentality accordingly if you change to a more defensive strategy than normal.

This page looks pretty useful! http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/creating-tactics/player-instructions/player-specific-instructions

Looks interesting! Very similar in a way to a conventional 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1), with one DC pushed up slightly into defensive midfield and the striker dropping deeper (As Messi does IRL anyway). I'm guessing your DMCR is a DLP and DMCL more defensive? How attacking are your fullbacks? Are your wingers inside forwards?

actually the opposite DMCR is more defensive and DMCL is DLP, for my fullbacks, the one one the right is more attacking (at the start dani Alves was there) and the left one is set to support. As for the AMR and AML, they are both set to inside forwards, the AMC being trequartista :)

My current tactic is

2nqaa07.png

Its only pre-season but so far so good, still Messi refuses to run lol Maybe I should tell him to unlearn 'comes deep to get the ball'

Passes:

hx11lx.png

I'll get bigger numbers if I lower mentailty but will affect my CCC.

Average positions:

2mrv0q0.png

I would like to get a few more of my players pushed but Im happy with the space between all my players

Match stats:

33vf2f4.png

Archived