FM12: F.C. Barcelona – Més que un club

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone, who hasnt used editor, FMRTE or cheated in any other way show how Jean-Marie Dongou has developed a few seasons in? I know irl he is rated as one of the best prospects at the club

I have used the editor, but only to put Tello acc and pace up a wee bit.

Barcadongou.jpg

End of season 3.

Fantastic in the league, my best season yet - http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z401/cockneyrebel5/Barcaseason3table.jpg

Messi missed the last 15 games of the season with a bad injury, but the team stepped up to the plate to show me we aren't reliant on him.

Squad details - http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z401/cockneyrebel5/barcasquadseason3.jpg

This whole bringing through the youth and no transfer policy is a nice to change to my normal Barca games, but I must say having 200 mil to spend is a temptation.

My player of the year is without doubt Pedro - http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z401/cockneyrebel5/Pedro.jpg

Last years dissapointing player Valdes really upped his game this year, keeping 33 clean sheets.

Barcelona products updates - Bartra continues to surprise me, and has cemented his 1st team place alongside Pique at the back. Muneisa is to me on the left is what Gary Neville was to United on the right. Tiago is just an animal, I had no idea he could become so good. I gave alot of games to Sergi Gomez, Gerard Delofeu and Rafinha who are all knocking on the door of the first team, only being kept out by world class players. A little mention to Javi Espinosa who looks like he could become a mini Xavi (the way he knocks the ball around is beautiful to watch), Ive tried giving him as much game time as I could but theres alot of competetion for him.

Youth promotions - Last year I planned on bringing Dongou through but I had Bojan return from Roma which delayed it untill now when ive realised Bojan couldn't hit a barn door from the hay stack. Also I think its time for Mr Sergi Sampler to make an impression on me.

End of season 3......

That is quite a nice season, well done, and doing it without buying players is very impressive. Where do you play Messi as 23 goals in 32 appearances doesn't seem too many(for instance see my last post at bottom of previous page)

Play him in the middle of my front three as a Treq. His La Liga stats are probably more telling 20 goals in 25 games, 15 assists 8.03 avmr, 9 MoM.

Well the 42 goals in 29(from my picture on previous page) is with him playing middle fo a front 3 as well, as a Treq. Plus got Neymar firing in lots too. It isn't a super tactic or anything, it is one I made myself. His numbers for you jsut seemed a bit low, infact all numbers, pedro top scorer on 34. I have Neymar who is on 30 from 29 matches. Are you attacking lots, or playing possesion football?

Both really, averaged nearly 3 goals a game all comps whilst having at least 65% possesion in all games. I rotate alot whilst playing my youngsters who I doubt have the capabilities of Neymar, (yet) :D

3 goals a game is nice. We at home, well...i can not accuratley say, sometimes we will have a slow day and score 2, but we have atleast 5 or 6 times this season scored 4+ in a home game, twice scored 10(poor sevilla and Granada) But away from home is a different matter but we are still unbeaten in 45ish i think, i know it is approaching 50. Had a scare against Valencia, we were 3-1 down early, had a shocking match defensivly and it ended 5-5.

Valdes in this match was terrible, before it he was Played 26 conceded 5, after it played 27 conceded 10.

I play a flat 4-3-3, and just have 3 formations, all exactly the same but one slow, one normal and one fast, so if we are chasing a game then i cahnge the speed, or if in complete control slow it right down, but always start on normal, unless i know that its going to be a tough match.

My first game of the season, alot of the younger players playing versus a good side. Dongou pops up with the second goal, not too bad a?

Not bad not bad at all. Wish i could get messi, or sanchez or ney,ar or llorente to score nice goals...were stuggling a bit atm for any goals. Just in Feb of 2nd season, will be done tonight or tomorrow and posta season round up then.

Haha cant let it go can ya?

I don't mind how people play the game, it's up to them. I just take issue with you passing something off as "realistic" when it clearly isn't. :thup:

At the end of the day it doesn't detract from how well you have done. Though the admittance of using FMRTE makes me wonder what else you have changed to benefit you, such as players having long term injuries removed, etc.

I don't mind how people play the game, it's up to them. I just take issue with you passing something off as "realistic" when it clearly isn't. :thup:

At the end of the day it doesn't detract from how well you have done. Though the admittance of using FMRTE makes me wonder what else you have changed to benefit you, such as players having long term injuries removed, etc.

I know it's not 'authentic', but upping Tello's pace and acceleration is 'realistic' in my opinion.

I know it's not 'authentic', but upping Tello's pace and acceleration is 'realistic' in my opinion.

I never said that I was annoyed, (or however you want to term it), at him upping Tello's pace and acceleration, just that having them at 17's was over the top.

Well for one Mr Tuck, I havn't used FMRTE and have never said that I have. For two, in my eyes in terms of how Fm calculates the speed and acc of a player, I believe 17 for both are resonable.

Considering Wayne Rooney has 15 for both, Tello is from what I have seen is far quicker in bursts and over distance. Where as Antonia Valencia has 18 for both but does not seem a world away of pace than Tello. Thats my opinion anyway and your comment of, "realistic, when it clearly isn't" made me laugh actually because to me clearly not realistic would be to change his attributes completely.

Edit.

If you had read my updates Tom you would of seen the injuries ive had for my better players. And for the record I havn't got FMRTE, not that I should be explaining myself to ya.

Well for one Mr Tuck, I havn't used FMRTE and have never said that I have. For two, in my eyes in terms of how Fm calculates the speed and acc of a player, I believe 17 for both are resonable.

Considering Wayne Rooney has 15 for both, Tello is from what I have seen is far quicker in bursts and over distance. Where as Antonia Valencia has 18 for both but does not seem a world away of pace than Tello. Thats my opinion anyway and your comment of, "realistic, when it clearly isn't" made me laugh actually because to me clearly not realistic would be to change his attributes completely.

Edit.

If you had read my updates Tom you would of seen the injuries ive had for my better players. And for the record I havn't got FMRTE, not that I should be explaining myself to ya.

Stop being so precious.

Back on topic please Tom, this isnt your off topic forum now.

I've not been off topic. I was discussing your editing of Tello, clearly on topic.

For what it's worth, Tello is a underrated a touch. But he hasn't really played enough to warrent much better stats. I'm sure we can all pick and choose matches/situations where he as performed well/poorly. It's all fairly moot until he has played a bit more regularly.

Clearly asking me to stop being precious, isnt much abiut Tello. Last im gonna say on the matter tbh.

Pace, without injury doesn't really fluxuate, does it?

That's one post you're taking in isolation, which was a pretty legitimate response.

I think pace can fluctuate, but it wouldn't be by much. Two points at the most I think - or atleast that is the most I can remember a player of mine increasing pace by. Of course it can be by more for a very young player with the right training.

That's one post you're taking in isolation, which was a pretty legitimate response.

Off topic no? One or ten, why does it matter fella?

The pace situation, I wasn't refering to the game. Christian Tello is quick, much quicker than the game suggests. Regardless of how many games or good/bad situations hes performed in, the lads rapid. Ive seen him have bad games, still quick though, funny that. Too precious for ya? Please!

Off topic no? One or ten, why does it matter fella?

The pace situation, I wasn't refering to the game. Christian Tello is quick, much quicker than the game suggests. Regardless of how many games or good/bad situations hes performed in, the lads rapid. Ive seen him have bad games, still quick though, funny that. Too precious for ya? Please!

Carrying on this sniping is a touch childish, no?

Given this thread is meant to be about FM, it was easy to assume your question about pace was to do with the game, to which i gave a decent reply. The fact that it was not is a bit ironic, considering you keep being precious about me apparently straying off topic, when all i did was challenge you on your edits of Tello.

Personally i believe the Barcelona/Spanish researcher will know more about Tello's attributes than either of us, and if i thouqht he was wrong i'd take it up in the data issues section as i would get a reason why he feels the attribute is correct at its current level. From there i could make a more informed choice as to what changes, if any, to make.

However it is your game, play as you wish. I just know that if i made unreasonable edits i wouldn't enjoy my success as much. Each to their own

Shall we have a post about the game then....

I have just made it to 50 undefeated :) Defence is solid and not exactly old once Puyol is replaced.

Indeed we shall. :thup:

Is that league games or all competitions? Either way it's a great achievement, even with a team like Barcelona!

Indeed we shall. :thup:

Is that league games or all competitions? Either way it's a great achievement, even with a team like Barcelona!

That is all competition. In league league our records are just mounting. We are 53 without defeat in league and Scored in 66 in a row. This is no super tactic may i just repeat, this is a simple 4-3-3 that i have altered so i have 3 version each with different tempo, which i just change between dependent on situation

Last match I remember losing was a 1-0 home defeat in Champions league against Valencia. But if i look back it says i have "lost" two since then, but one was on pens and one on away goals so they don't count. towards losing an unbeaten run it seems.

20z5zqt.png

Not the end of the season yet, that will come later with a full review

Sorry for the double post but this is needed.

Pre match:

The day has come, its a Breezy,7 degrees in Barcelona as the under 19's wrap up their league title with 5 games in hand. Now the big one... Barcelona V Real Madrid.

The manager is quoted as saying"The biggest el' Clasico in my career. We win today and the title is ours with a full 7 games in hand. We are unbeaten in a while but now is when it really matters not to lose. Our home form is good,played 15 won 15 conceded 3. I think we can do it today."

So is today going to be the day where Barcelona grab the title against their biggest rivals?

Post match:

In the most anticipated El' Clasico in centuries it was Barcelona who ran out deserved winners. The match started well with a goal from Neymar on 11minutes. Then quickly followed a second, this time from Messi on 15minutes and Barcelona were in control. The match then went quiet until the 38th Minute when Barcelona won a corner, played it short to Messi who passed it out to the waiting Neymar on the edge of the box, the finish was sublime from 30yards out into the top corner from Neymar. This is how it remained at half time 3-0

The second half started well for Real Madrid as they were searching for a way back into the match, then they were given a boost as Daniel Alves had to be taken off injured. Not long after though with Madrid pushing forward the chance opened for Messi to break, as he got the ball at the half way line there was only 2 players in front of him, a clever 1-2 with Neymar and he was in to make it 4-0. This killed the game and it ended 4-0, Barcelona Win the title.

The manager was quoted as saying "We knew what was needed today, we fans knew, the players knew and I knew. We delivered a solid performance and Deserved the title at the end of the day. We knew to beat Madrid we had to play fast and we did, credit goes out to Neymar and Messi for securing a vital win for the club."

With such a young squad is this the start of a new form of domination from Barcelona? Only time will tell.

EDIT! bloomin typical, we win the title and give up, lose the next game, bye unbeaten season.

Carrying on this sniping is a touch childish, no?

Given this thread is meant to be about FM, it was easy to assume your question about pace was to do with the game, to which i gave a decent reply. The fact that it was not is a bit ironic, considering you keep being precious about me apparently straying off topic, when all i did was challenge you on your edits of Tello.

Personally i believe the Barcelona/Spanish researcher will know more about Tello's attributes than either of us, and if i thouqht he was wrong i'd take it up in the data issues section as i would get a reason why he feels the attribute is correct at its current level. From there i could make a more informed choice as to what changes, if any, to make.

However it is your game, play as you wish. I just know that if i made unreasonable edits i wouldn't enjoy my success as much. Each to their own

See you pal, you're having a laugh im telling ya! You're the one who questioned the edits, I justified them. Yet you continue. I reply, yet im childish and precious? You act like this outside of a forum? Doubt it.

Why don't you try and contribute to this thread properly? You're a troll son! Drop it out now eh? Lets not continue this here. If you would like to continue PM me, ill give you me number.

Great acheivement Jones. Who do you plan on replacing Puyol with?

See you pal, you're having a laugh im telling ya! You're the one who questioned the edits, I justified them. Yet you continue. I reply, yet im childish and precious? You act like this outside of a forum? Doubt it.

Why don't you try and contribute to this thread properly? You're a troll son! Drop it out now eh? Lets not continue this here. If you would like to continue PM me, ill give you me number.

You didn't justify them, you just said you did it because he is rapid, which he isn't, hence why the stats given by the researcher is accurate.

Like i said, everyone has the right to play the game as they want. If that means editing one or two stats to benefit them, then so be it.

And no, i am not a troll. If you want to think that, then whatever. I do wonder why you think i want your number, though.

-------

ljwjones - that's a great result against Real, but as you say, typical that you would then lose your next fixture!

And regarding what you said about having the same formation loaded but with different instructions has given me an idea. Thanks :thup:

Well the back line is now

Alves...Hummuls..Pique..Fabio

However my contract is up at end of season, Fergie is retiring and thinking maybe its time for a move, will have to see....watch this space

Also I have same formation as wanted just one formation but assistant moaned, so was the only sensible thing to do

Season 2 End of season review

The season that saw me go on my personal longest ever undefeated run, ending at 55 matches before getting defeated the weekend after beating madrid to win the season. Here Is a little run down of how the season panned out.

The pre season tours went well and we came back after winning all of them to start the season with an impressive 3-0 Win over Sevilla in the spanish super cup first leg. The league season then opened with another impressive 3-0 victory this time over malaga. The start of the season went well, with 8 games passing ebfore conceding our first goal. The highlight of thoe 8 games the 7-0 Thriller over Sevilla in the spanish super cup 2nd leg. From there we went from stregth to strength, cruising through the European group stages with 6 wins. By christmas we were top of the league and into the knock out stages of Europe. As well as progressing well in the Cope Del Rey. The highlight of the first half or the season has to be the 10-1 drumming of Sevilla(poor them) at home, a match that showed how affective my tactic was being.

They new year saw no new arrivals or departures. And the steady formed continued. The only real blip came in the second leg of the Spanish cup 5th round, with a thriller against Valencia, eventually ending 5-5. We followed up this disapointing draw with a 10-0 win over Granada to get back on form. However next came the only low point in the whole season. We drew Madrid in the copa del rey, drew 1-1 in Madrid, and 2-2 at home, we went out on away goals. We soon picked it back up though, going 10 wins in a row, including two over Ajax 1-0 away from home and 4-0 at home.

Then came the run in to the season, if we could continue winning we had the chance to wrap up the title at home against Madrid, the best way any Barca manager could. That chance came and we stepped up to the plate with a 4-0 Victory to take the title with 7 games to go. Now to turn to Europe and bring home the big one.

We got PSG which we cruised past 4-1 away , then struggled 1-0 at home. Between those two matches came our first loss in over a year, a 2-1 defeat against no toher than Sevilla, getting their own back. We then won all matches except one, which will come soon. Next up in Europe was Porto. Potential for a slip up here, yet we did it 3-0 at home then off to portugal for a 4-1 Victory, we were into the final against City. I thought the only hard task now would be that, yet i was wrong, with us losing on the closing league game to Rayo who had just been relegated 1-0.

The Final comes. Barry gets his first goal of the season(what a match to do it) Messi pulls one back, Aguero puts them ahead again. Daniel Alves fires in a freekick to pull us back level. Then came the second half, a bit of magic from Messi and it was 3-2. Then bring on Niang who has had a proising season in the under 19's Who goes on to score the lsat in a 4-2 Victory.

Not a bad season at all. The league title, and the European Title.

A special mention to Campana, i signed him in the summer for free from Sevilla and he has been promising, looks as if he can have a good career here, the future in the centre with thiago. Also at the start of the season i set some personal goals, to get Messi 60 goals and Neymar 40. So totaling 100 from the two of them. They surpassed(see picture below) What a season. Also Sanchez was much improved from season one, totaling 24 goals by the end of it.

Pictures

League table - http://tinypic.com/r/db2x2/6

Team - http://tinypic.com/r/kbya0h/6

Messi- http://tinypic.com/r/eq4aj4/6

Neymar - http://tinypic.com/r/1z17eww/6

Now the real question...Do I re-sign for another season?

ljwjones - I would stay on. I'd want to try and win every trophy possible in one season :thup:

Only question is though what about the other jobs, the once in a lifetime job. Man united will open as fergie retires, Bayern Munich will open as their manager retires. Both of these are jobs that won't re open again for a long time due to success.

jury is out, my job is no longer( not by choice)

1) In two season i win two league titles and the champions league

2) contract was coming up, i was considering options

3) United and Bayern job open up(I apply for both)

4) Spain job opens up(I apply)

5) Barca off now contract(I delay, along with bayern while i wait for united offer)

6) Spain approach, I accept

7) Bayern and Barca withdraw their offers

8) My contract at barca runs out, I am left with no job.

You didn't justify them, you just said you did it because he is rapid, which he isn't, hence why the stats given by the researcher is accurate.

Random throwaway opinion but during the games I've seen Tello play in, for Barcelona this season and a handful of times for Spanish youth teams in past, I'd say Tello is quick, or rapid as has been stated, much quicker than his brain on most occasions mind.

On a less going nowhere conversation note, I've just started a Barcelona game, but have edited things around so that the B team is under the main club banner like a reserve team would be, but still in 2nd div, to enable greater control of things without having to manage two clubs, as have done in past, which can be tiresome, good times. :)

Just finish my 1st season with Barca & thoroughly enjoyed it, had great success & remained unbeaten for the entire campaign.

Took home all 6 trophies on offer http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/PhillipInvincible/honours.png

Spanish super cup vs Real finished 2-1 on agg after a 1-1 draw in the 1st leg

European super cup vs FCP was 4-0

World club challenge vs Santos ended up 3-0

Spanish cup vs Valencia turned out to be an easy 4-0 win after dispatching Real in the semi's

Champions league vs Bayern was probably the hardest match we had all season which was only won on penalties after 1-1 draw

League was won by 13 points & baring as couple of stupid draws was not much more than a walkover http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/PhillipInvincible/league.png

The most satisfying part was winning it against Real 3-0 http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/PhillipInvincible/vsreal.png

Messi was undoubtably the best player in my squad but didnt win player of the year although picked up every other award & even put me in his fav personal list :)

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/PhillipInvincible/messi.png

Av Rat 8.46

Games 49 (2)

Goals 67

Assists 23

MOM 26

I have tried to concentrate on youth as is the Barca way bringing in Mino, Muniesa, Bartra, Montoya & Thiago to the first team squad to which each looks like they will be able to stay there especially Thiago who was a monster in midfield & seemed to boss it when used.

As usual the likes of Alves, Pique, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta & Villa were world class plus Alexis (player of the year) & Neymar (young player of the year) had amazing 1st seasons

Transferes in were kept to a minimum of Neymar (£60 Million) Sergio (free as a squad player) & Owen (loan after Villa had long injury)

out went Keita (£3 million) Maxwell (£4 million) Afellay (£8 million) & Mascherano (£30 million) plus a fee loans.

My tactics where 4-3-3 with flat back 4, central midfield 3, 2 wide & 1 central forward

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/PhillipInvincible/tactic.png

GK Valdes/Mino

RD Alves/Montoya

CB Pique/Barta

CB Puyol/Fontas

LB Abidal/Muniesa

CM Xavi/Busquets

CM Iniesta/Thiago

CM Cesc/Sergio

RF Sanchez/Pedro

CF Messi/Villa

LF Neymar/villa

Full squad http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/PhillipInvincible/squad.png

My aim for the second season is again to concentrate on youth & see if i can retain my titles whilst making the team my own, scouts have been deployed around the world looking for the 1st batch of regens so hopefully a few gems will be uncovered to add to the glittering array of talent we have already.

Do people playing as Barca have Valdes in the normal GK role or as a sweeker keeper like real life? Just was wandering because the way Barca and Valdes perform irl is to have play built from the back which is why I people who want to replicate the Barca way prob would do this way

Do people playing as Barca have Valdes in the normal GK role or as a sweeker keeper like real life? Just was wandering because the way Barca and Valdes perform irl is to have play built from the back which is why I people who want to replicate the Barca way prob would do this way

I usually have him on Sweeper Keeper - Attack (but then adjust some sliders). That way, you can push up your defensive line and consequently press higher up the pitch.

Archived