FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

I've started well, top of the league by 4 points, 8 games into the season.

Top of my CL group. I drew Rubin Kazan, Dortmund and Shaktar.

Torres top scorer with 8 or 9 goals.

Goals coming from all over though.

Bought in Nicolas Gaitan, Atoine Griezzmann, Cheick Toite, and Sime Vrsaljko.

Offloaded Anelka, Kalou, and Malouda.

Starting up my Chels save this year around, going with a 4-5-1. I'm not looking to bring in any big money buys but I am looking to invest in some future stars. So far I've got Emre Can (2m) and looking to sign a good young AMR. I've been looking at quite a few different prospects and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a fairly inexpensive (under 10m) prospect?

Well not a bad start.

Up to the 19th of Feb 2012. Currently second in the league Man City top with 67, Chelsea second on 60 & United third on 59. Liverpool and Arsenal are next with 47.

Came second in my Champions league group on Goal difference with Ac Milan. Got Inter next.

Torres is top scorer with 18 from 16/5 games so not bad but now he is injured for 4 months so season over for him.

Essien was fit for a week then got injured in his first game back playing for Ghana and now has another month :(

Signings in Javi Martinez £23 mil, Gary Cahil £12 mil, Jan Vertonghen £10 mil in Jan.

Out Lots of Loans and Alex to Man City for £19 mil in Jan.

Afternoon/Evening lads, just downloading now, I won't be as regular a poster as I used to be due to time constraints on playing time now, but I'll be reading and updating you lot as often as possible. Really looking forward to getting cracking on this!

Right. Got the game today so hopefully starting a game tonight with Chelsea. Haven't got a clue who I am going to sign yet but probably not going to buy any major first teamers and just play with the current team as they are more than good enough. Shame that I will have to take AVB's job as I do love him but at least I still have Di Matteo as my assistant :D

Right. Got the game today so hopefully starting a game tonight with Chelsea. Haven't got a clue who I am going to sign yet but probably not going to buy any major first teamers and just play with the current team as they are more than good enough. Shame that I will have to take AVB's job as I do love him but at least I still have Di Matteo as my assistant :D

My thoughts exactly :D

I won't be signing anyone major at first unless I find an opportunity too good to pass up, I'll be playing the same 4-2-3-1 formation I played in FM11, with Mata at AMC, and Sturridge at AMR as an inside forward. My main long-term transfer aim is for a new inside forward AML, probably either Hazard, Gotze or Neymar, depending on cash and whether they want to come. My aims are to develop Josh, Danny, Lukaku, Chalobah and Romeu as best I can, and Kalas and Ake if they have good PA's on my save. Should be fun, I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I retrain Sturridge for IF on the right, since Kalou never left he fills that position too. Also got Mata I'm training for that as a secondary measure which allows Hamsik to take the left flank.

Ricardo Kishna is a nice youth prospect and you can develop him very early. Remember you have Gael Kakuta on loan who can return and have some hopeful development.

I really do want Gotze but Dortmund want £60m or above. Hopefully teasing him with playing for Chelsea can eventually lure him away.

Already had my first test against a (former) big club, Arsenal. Lampard got a red card early so sadly it was a matter of holding on and we did, 0-0.

Real proper test in the league comes now: 29th October, 2011. Man City.

I play matches in full, so it will be slow going for me. ;)

Well, finally managed to get to my first match after spending hours skimming through players and tactics and such! Beat the Swans 3-0 in the first game with Terry, Torres, and Lamps getting on the scoresheet.

Transfers In

Hulk - $17.5m + future incentives (possibly up to ~$34m)

Adrien Regattin - 1.9m

Emre Can - 2m

Laurentiu Branescu - 1m

Sime Vrsaljko - 3m

Transfers Out

Jamal Blackman, Laurentiu Branescu, Milan Lalkovic, and Billy Clifford - Loan

Nico - 4.8m

Kalou - 6m

Hoping the first season goes well, I will come back in with some more updates in a few game months.

Just finished pre season, played 9, won 8, lost 1, scored 30, an conceded 1. Anelka out for 6 weeks, Luiz out for 6 weeks and Meireles out for 2 weeks. Ive used 3 different formations throughout 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3 all have been solid for me so cant settle. Ive got Norwich away first so will probably go with the 4-3-3 an see how it goes.

Du boys think i should send Josh out on loan, hes got valuable first team member offers from Cardiff and Derby?

Du boys think i should send Josh out on loan, hes got valuable first team member offers from Cardiff and Derby?

It depends how much you will play him if you keep him. He plays about 50% of the games for me while being tutored by Meireles and he's developing nicely.

Atleast that's my opinion :D

I personally plan on keeping him to play in cup matches and for tutoring. He is too important to me to trust another club to play him and give him adequate training facilities. I imagine the tutoring alone will probably be more beneficial than playing 50-75% of a championship level clubs games.

I was just looking at something I haven't had to worry much about in previous versions, but I forgot that Ashley is 30 and it may be a good time to start looking at replacements for him. I was looking in our ranks and Bertrand is the best prospect we have onboard, although he certainly looks far from the class that Ashley is. Anyone else start looking to backup this position with a more strong prospect, or have any good ideas on who we can start looking for?

Since i'm from Sweden, i'd recommend Martin Olsson. If he's not the one, perhaps Domenico Criscito or Greorgy Schennikov. They were all good in last years edition.

Actually, there seems like there's no promising left defender. Perhaps you could survive with Cole and Bertrand/van Aanholt while waiting for a promising regen.

Yeah Ash's age is a problem. I'll try and develop Bertrand and PvA if I can but Schennikov looks a good shout too from SupraFlush.

My priorities are AML (right footed inside forward will be key for how I want to play this year), a new CB to replace JT eventually (though I'm hoping Chalobah might be an option here), full backs on either side, and a couple of back up players. I don't want to sign anyone major (or sell anyone I don't have to) in the first window, but I'm considering letting Kalou go if I can get a decent offer because he's only got 1 year remaining and he's on 60k p/w and I won't be playing him much. How much luck have others had in selling him?

Great start Ranbir, and I sold Kalou for 6m with no haggling. Since you are shopping for a right footed AML Bracken, are you playing Mata in an central position? Or are you retraining him for AMR, I've been playing Mata in an AMR without even retraining him and he is around an 8 avg per game so far a couple of months into my first season.

Great start Ranbir, and I sold Kalou for 6m with no haggling. Since you are shopping for a right footed AML Bracken, are you playing Mata in an central position? Or are you retraining him for AMR, I've been playing Mata in an AMR without even retraining him and he is around an 8 avg per game so far a couple of months into my first season.

I'll be playing Mata at AMC with Sturridge at AMR cutting inside, just need somebody on the opposite flank to do the same. I've got a lot of options right now, so it's just about price really. Looking at Gotze, Hazard, Marin, Neymar, Jovetic, or simply using Nico there for this season and spending big next season or in January if necessary

I have started well too. Seven games in and haven't dropped a single point yet. "knocking wood"

I use 4-1-2-3 as my main tactic with mata and ozil playing on the wing.

Players in:

-Ozil > 61m GBP (48 months)

-Leandro Damiao > 27m GBP (20m - 48 months)

-Thiago > loan

-vrsaljko > 3m GBP

-Daniel Rugani > 1.3m GBP compensation

-Emre Can > 575k GBP

Players out:

-Drogba > 15m GBP (48 months)

-Anelka > 4.2m GBP

-Malouda > 8.75m GBP

-Alex > 7m GBP

I also got rid most of my staffs. If you want more info on the staffs, let me know.

Morning lads, loading up for another session on my Chelsea save. Will give you a small update.

Signings

Hulk - £29.5M (Expensive, but as a long term investment i don't mind paying that much because he is on fire for me.)

Sold

Youth Player Loans

League

I am second in the league having won all of my first 5 games, 1 point behind Man Utd who have played 6.

Also topping my Champions league group having beaten Valencia (h) and Olympiacos (a)

Bugger up to March now got Torres, Mata, Essien, Ashley Cole & Terry all out for the rest of the season.

Out of europe Inter won 3.1 on agg.

Top of the league by 3pts but City have a game in hand gonna be a tough run out.

We work hard, we play hard.

Yeah the injuries are a nuisance but luckily only lost one game atm and that was at Olympiakos in the CL. Which actually caused trouble, as soon as this match is over (second meeting with Olympiakos) I'm gonna be qualifying as runner up to my group.

edit: Nevermind! Two late goals, keeps us top!

I was drawn in quite an easy Champions League group, Trabzonspor, Lille and CSKA. CSKA have matched us every step of the way though even drawing with us at the Bridge so we have crunch match against them coming up soon to decide who tops it as were both level on 13 points atm! Unbeaten in all comps so far in mid November.

As always with my Chelsea games, I wasn't happy with my first attempt (didn't actually get into the season but nevermind lol) so I'm starting again, this time selling nobody and only making one or two signings.

In the last one I got a bit carried away while drunk and payed £42m for Hazard...

So this time, I'm taking the thrifty approach, signing only cheaper players (until next summer at least) and even then they will generally only be youngsters

Dont blame it on the alcohol! ;)

My summer signings were:

In

Leandro £9.25m

Sime Vrsaljko £2.3m

Ross Barkley £19m

Lucas Andersen £1.5m

Out

Nicolas Anelka £4.2m

Florent Malouda £8.75m

Salomon Kalou £5.75m

and some youngsters on loan

So far so good, is on top of the league with 11 points with 13 games to go (28th of February right now). Torres isnt scoring as well as i would hope, 9 goals in 20 games. Drogba however got 20 goals in 27 games, with Lampard and Terry (!) on 2nd place with 10 goals each. Mata got the most asists, 19 in 31 is pretty decent i guess. Playing an offensive 4-1-2-1-2 works really well for me. Current lineup is:

GK: Cech/Hilario

RB: Vrsaljko/Ivanovic

CB: Terry/Luiz/Alex/Ivanovic

LB: Cole/Bertrand

DM: Mikel/Ramires

CM: Lampard/Meireles/McEachran/Ramires

AM: Mata/Lampard/Leandro

ST: Drogba/Leandro/Lukaku/Torres/Sturridge

Am i the only one who thinks Ulises Davila could become something special if you give him the right training? Looks really good if you ask me!

Also, if you want any screens of my players jusk ask! :D

As always with my Chelsea games, I wasn't happy with my first attempt (didn't actually get into the season but nevermind lol) so I'm starting again, this time selling nobody and only making one or two signings.

In the last one I got a bit carried away while drunk and payed £42m for Hazard...

So this time, I'm taking the thrifty approach, signing only cheaper players (until next summer at least) and even then they will generally only be youngsters

Ha ha ha Bracken. I did something very similar while drunk last night but splashed 45m on Goetze. I often retry after the first attempt but I am quite intrigued to see how he goes!

Archived