FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

Morning guys,

Quick question, So hopefully some of you are around.

Season 2, Pre-season. Out of the blue, Man City have offered 22.5 million for Ashley Cole, Do I sell?

I wasn't planning on selling. And I would need to bring in a new left back. But with Ashley's age surely this is a good deal?

Any help / advice is welcome :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning guys,

Quick question, So hopefully some of you are around.

Season 2, Pre-season. Out of the blue, Man City have offered 22.5 million for Ashley Cole, Do I sell?

I wasn't planning on selling. And I would need to bring in a new left back. But with Ashley's age surely this is a good deal?

Any help / advice is welcome :)

It's good money, my only question is - do you have a replacement lined up? Ashley is 31 at this point I think, but he does have high natural fitness... it's really down to you, you'll have to replace him eventually though so I'd say go for it. You could even keep the English theme and bring in Leighton Baines.

Just finished off my Southampton game with too much ease. Europe, League trophies on the constant bored me. I feel as though winning stuff with Chelsea will be easy but an all together different challenge. 100% looking forward to changing an ageing team around.

I was able to sell Mikel for 34m cash to City but ended up getting Mvilla for 32.5 but double the salary. So not the best deal in the end :p

M'Vila is the better player though. I got way less money for Mikel (I think my net spend was £10m on M'Vila, after selling Mikel), but I've not regretted it at all. The one thing you'll notice is the difference in pace. Not saying M'Vila is really pacey, but Mikel was just flat out slow. M'Vila is much better at covering and defending and it shows in my results.

Anyway, who do people see as long term replacements for:

- Ashley Cole

- John Terry

- Frank Lampard

I think these guys only have about 3-4 seasons in them from the beginning of the game and are arguably the best 3 Chelsea players in the game (certainly top 5).

I was thinking Hamsik for Lampard; Hummels for Terry; no idea on Cole.

Yes I have observed the same as well. Mvilla is definitely better than Mikel.

Am in my third season and am impressed Lampard is still doing great statswise @ 35, though he performance have never been top class. Still a good squad player. Terry and Cole easily have 2 more years as well.

I would suggest Jose Angel as a decent replacement for Cole. Ryan Bertrand does surprisingly well for me. He is my third choice backup for both DR/DL position.

We already have Luiz who is valued at 25m for me. I have Otamendi and he has leaped above terry to partner luiz.

I haven't bought any natural MC player. Just making Willian, Costa play there as there is abundance of players in AMC position.

Anyway, who do people see as long term replacements for:

- Ashley Cole

- John Terry

- Frank Lampard

For Ashely Cole - I replaced him with Domenico Criscito - 16 Mil (Sold Ashley Cole, 31, For 22.5 Mil to Man City as they bid out the blue) He's my ideal Left back Criscito, As I prefer my back line to be solid defensively.

For John Terry - Mats Hummels - He will eventually replace, Currently playing along side him just now. The boy is as solid as they come. Will cost anything upwards of 20 Mil though.

For Frank Lampard - It depends where you play him if I'm honest. Personally I'm going to use young Josh McEachran. I find he always plays better for me in a more attacking role. Since I play a wide 4-2-3-1 Josh will be perfect sitting in a cm role with more attacking dutys, With Ross Barkley as a support act but in a more defensive role.

Thats for the future. Arsenal's future mid is Wilshere & Ramsey. Mine is McEachran & Barkley :)

Also if it's a more attacking player you want to replace Lampard, I would imagine by the time Lampard needs replacing there will be so many world class NEWGEN amc's in the game, It wont be hard. The game spits strikers and attacking mids. Shame it forgets about Left and Right backs. But I suppose that's like real life. A lot of quality attacking players. Very few world class defenders and left/right backs.

Season 1

League

screenshot20111115at124.png

Other Competitions

Champions League F.A Cup League Cup

Transfers

James Rodriguez - £17MIL

Otamendi - £13MIL (Jan)

Ganso - £26.5MIL (Jan)

Rebulked the squad during January due to injuries and wanted to push for the Champions League however, that didn't work.

Anyway, I am happy with how the season went in achieving my goals, winning the premier league and a domestic cup. Next season I want to really push for the Champions league and retain my League title and League Cup, and you never know, maybe even the F.A Cup :p

So I decided to continue with my save as I want a long term save with Chelsea for once. At the moment I'm glad I did but we'll see how it goes.

Transfers

transfers2012.png

Lots of players out with some regens coming in and only one big signing. I was offered Di Maria for £17.5mil and if carries on his early season form it will be a bargain. He links up with Mata so well it's unbelievable.

August 2012

august2012.png

A pretty easy run out in pre-season with lots of squad players being used throughout the games. A win in the charity shield for the first trophy of the season. We conceded early but were on top throughout. Super Frank finally put the ball in the back of the net after 86 minutes to take the game to pens, which we calmly slotted away to lift the trophy :D

A reasonable start to the season with a couple of games but the real test is to come with Arsenal my next opponent. I'm pleased to say that Mata and Torres have started the season running, sharing the goals between them but we need to tighten up at the back. We can't afford to leak these sloppy goals against the better teams.

September 2012

september2012.png

Well, I was going to say what a fantastic moth it had been, and then Blackpool happened! I wish I could explain, but I can't. We just didn't turn up. Moving swiftly on from that, there was a good solid win against Arsenal, the kids did me proud against Morecome and Metalist, and Mata and Di Maria are still on top form. I do have a slight problem at right back though. Montoya come back from international duty with an 8 month injury and the Ivanavic is out for a month. I've been rotating between Luiz, Chalobah and a regen i bought in the summer who isn't really ready but what can you do?

Let's hope we get back to winning ways sooner rather than later.

In my second season and just had the worst match in my life. Playing against Spuds drew 1-1. I had 13 shots all game with NONE on target! They had 13 shots and 3 on target! I wouldn't have liked to been a fan at that match -

yawn!!

In my second season and just had the worst match in my life. Playing against Spuds drew 1-1. I had 13 shots all game with NONE on target! They had 13 shots and 3 on target! I wouldn't have liked to been a fan at that match -

yawn!!

Did they score a o.g for you :D

I just received a report that Dominic Masek dominated in the air in a recent u18s match.

He has jumping of 2 :D

I'm in my first season, I've sold Anelka and replaced him with Lavezzi, who has been alright but nothing special. Torres was my best player by a mile at the start of the season, but he's picked up a two month injury :( Drogba had done well off the bench and in rotation, but has been misfiring since he replaced Torres full time. Lukaku is also injured and Lavezzi looks better on the wing, so I'm relying on my midfield to get the goals, and to be fair, Ramires, Malouda and Lavezzi have scored their fair share.

End of season Update May 2012

Premier League

Became champions after trailing United by 1 point for a lot of weeks

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4724/pchampions.jpg

Top Scorer - Cavani Been Unreal for the whole season

Premier Record - 38 apps - 47 goals - 14 assists

Overall - 57 apps - 63 goals - 18 assists

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7136/cvniendseasn.jpg

Transfers

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9017/transfrs.jpg

Champions League - Lost to barca after being trounced at their home

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4126/91461639.jpg

Fa cup final - easiest opposition in a while

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6963/facupc.jpg

Carling cup - Couldnt care if we won it or not but good to reach the final

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8895/ccup.jpg

Aiming to win everything next season - will start that by trying to get hazard

October 2012

october2012.png

After the awful result against Blackpool (I still don't want to talk about it!) I wanted a better month, and I got it. A disappointing draw at Anfield which saw some awful defending aside the whole squad played well. Mata is still outscoring Torres with 9 goals and 4 assists in 12 games, mind you Torres has 7 goals and 7 assists in 12(1) games so not exactly bad :). Di Maria is still doing the business, I would recommend him to anyone using wingers. The month saw plenty of clean sheets (finally!) and a good solid win against City to put us clear at the top, so all in all a good month. Lets hope the form continues :D

Ok, just had my most memorable match to date. It was the champions league 1st knockout round 2nd leg against Dortmund at stamford bridge, I am leading 1:0 from the first leg in Dortmund. I decide to give a few players a change, Bosingwa is rested and replaced with Ivanovic, Muniain comes into replace the ineligible Navas with Hulk moving over to the right instead of his normal posistion on the left and Granero comes into replace Mata who is rested. Still thought it was a team strong enough to beat Dortmund, But I was wrong.

So after 50 mins of play I am 2:0 down, both goals are Ivanovic's fault. A triple change with Bosingwa coming on for Ivanovic, Mata on for Granero and Sturridge coming on for Muniain and Hulk going back to the left and sturridge down the right. Then Sturridge scores and a double by Torres puts us through. Literally I jumped out of my seat. LOL

It was then followed with a lacklustre performance against Aston Villa in the Fa cup 6th round where we crashed out 2:1. Btw who is this player called Jack Collison, have any of you brought him because he destroyed me.

Looks good JT, let us know how he develops, hope he can deal with that price tag!

I haven't been able to play much lately because of work, but now I've got some time because of some Turkey-related US holiday is coming up, so I'll let you guys know how it's going.

I'm currently in November 2012 (season 2), currently top of the league and doing well in all competitions, I'll update you at the end of this month probably.

I only have time for a quick update; I ended the 2012/13 season in superb form, winning the league with two games to spare and winning my last 14 games.

The Champions League also brought great success. A 0-0 draw at home to Real Madrid in the Semi Final had me worried, but an early goal by Bosingwa in the second leg set the tone for the tie at the Bernebeu. Higuain equalised after half time but Pepe the Clown got himself sent of a couple of minutes later. A late surge down the left flank by Mata forced Granero to intercept the cross or see Sturridge tap in to an empty net - unfortunately for the recovering midfielder, he rounded Casillas nicely. Final Score 2-1.

The Final was a slightly more one-sided display, my team were fired up from the start and the 4-0 victory was quite humbling - it could easily have been 8.

As an end-of-season treat I've bought Marek Hamsik.

Sadly, I've been unable to sell Essien as of yet and nobody wants any of my squad on loan.

It was then followed with a lacklustre performance against Aston Villa in the Fa cup 6th round where we crashed out 2:1. Btw who is this player called Jack Collison, have any of you brought him because he destroyed me.

he is a west ham youth product had some really good performances in prem in 08/09 and09/10 seasons but had really bad injury has not been fit long

So started going through a few days on my save and I decided to check out the Man City reserves after they spent £52m on two attacking midfielder's. Sitting there with a minor injury and transfer listed status is non-other then David Silva. So of course with him being valued at £18.5m and them only wanting £13.5m I made a bid and to my surprise (even more so then him actually sitting in the reserves) he was willing to take a pay-cut from his £160k p/w contract down to £100k p/w. So I'm very very happy with that. He is only going to join next season as I only picked it up after the window shut.

So started going through a few days on my save and I decided to check out the Man City reserves after they spent £52m on two attacking midfielder's. Sitting there with a minor injury and transfer listed status is non-other then David Silva. So of course with him being valued at £18.5m and them only wanting £13.5m I made a bid and to my surprise (even more so then him actually sitting in the reserves) he was willing to take a pay-cut from his £160k p/w contract down to £100k p/w. So I'm very very happy with that. He is only going to join next season as I only picked it up after the window shut.

Superb purchase mate, with him Mata and Hamsik you're going to have some fantastic creativity

Who has bought Neymar and what do you think his best position is? I’m sure he does great as a striker and probably pretty well as an AM TQ but what about a wide inside forward in a 4-2-3-1? Anyone?

Sorry mate, never bought Neymar but I'm sure he'd do well as an inside forward.

November 2012

november2012.png

Another month has gone by and things are still going ok. We conceded far to many this month but at least we are getting results. I was furious after throwing away a 2 goal lead in the second half against West Ham but the team responded in the next game. A draw against second place Spurs leaves us top of the table and we're through to the knockout rounds of the Champions League. This was definitely pleasing after last years shocking display. I played the kids and squad players against Metalist and was pleased with the draw after a shocking defensive display. I'll be updating you all again soon hopefully :)

Hey guys, just finished my first season. It went well as I won all domestic competitions but unfortunately went out in Europe in the semi-finals to Real Madrid (2-2 at home, 2-1 away). Had a crappy schedule going into the first leg at home where I played 4 games in 10 games and had a few key injuries (Ramires, Drogba, Lukaku). Cech, Bocchetti, Terry, and Mata were all voted in the EPL starting XI and I won manager of the year!

teamyear1.png

year1table.png

It looked close but in reality I only needed 1 point out of my last 3 matches to win the title, and I did that with a scoreless draw at Everton. The lads went on vacation early despite my greatest attempt to keep them motivated and we played poorly the last two matches (also had some youngsters in) with a 3-1 loss at Newcastle and 1-1 draw at the Bridge against Norwich.

Also signed this guy (Mbaya Niang) who looks pretty similar to Sturridge.

niyang.png

Plans for next year:

Looking to sign hopefully Aguero, Cavani, and/or Vidal.

Looking to get rid of Malouda, Anelka, Essien, Turnbull (he wants out)

Signing Drogba/Bosingwa to a one year contract, relatively cheap (Bosingwa $45K/week, Drogba $90K).

Archived