FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

Started my first Chelsea file on the new fm! (as a chelsea fan)

Currently in season 2, had a bit of a dodgy firts season! came 5th in the league level on points with 4th 3rd and 2nd!! (shocking) but won league cup and fa cup! semi of chmps league!

Started 2nd season much better, my best lineup is;

Cech

Vrsaljko Terry Luiz Cole

Mikel Lampard

Willian Canales Mata

Torres

looking towards youth heavily, BTW has any1 out there ever started to make a profit with chelski? dont see anyway this is possible!! unless maybe a 80,000 stadium is built! wont hold my breath as iv never had a new one on any FM!!! :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can indeed be sold mate, ive sold him to both PSG and Sevilla for 8m on a couple of trial games before i start another Chels save and gut the team!

Cheers.

Try not to let a lack of smilies fool you into believing something is automaticaly intended with a negative tone. Read it again, but assume a positive tone :thup:

Fair enough. And the lack of smilies doesn't mean anything to me, I seldom use them myself.

-------------

Anyway, time to start dismantling this Chelsea side!

interesting.png

That's a new one for me. Can't say I'm upset though! Seems it popped up after a rather nervy (but very good game to watch) 3-2 win over Arsenal at the Bridge.

That feature is quite cool, I wonder if they have one where they say they don't like the football being played by the team (Italian clubs :) )

That feature is quite cool, I wonder if they have one where they say they don't like the football being played by the team (Italian clubs :) )

lol the funny thing in rl serie a started really fast lots of goals but im pleased to announce the normal bordom did return

lol your right indeed tbh teams like Napoli and Juventus, sometimes Milan play very entertaining football.

agreed i think they have realised that just having a good defense is not enough now another team that have really impressed me is lazio especially because they went through a faze of having to sell all the top players they had to clear debts and start again without getting relegated now look at them challenging for the league

Season Two Review

Fixtures

Again, I am very pleased with how we handled ourselves this season but unfortunately lost a couple of games so the elusive unbeatable season gets away again. We had two major points in the season where we were playing four games in ten to twelve days - December, which is predictable and May, where we played Man Utd twice in the league. Ended up playing Arsenal six times over the season: twice in the league, twice in the FA Cup (5th Round and Replay), in the League Cup Final and also in the CL Final. Out of those six games, we won three and drew three. Came home with every trophy winnable like last season, but this time we had the Club World Championship added to the list.

Transfers

In:

Edinson Cavani - £29m

Jerome Besse - Free

Enzo Quistin - £1.5m

Bahri Cirak - £170k

Zema Berry - £2.1m

Valentin Perret - £2.2m

Scott Kane - £2.1m

Angel Di Maria - £12m

Nicolas Lodeiro - Free

Jean-Louis Teyssier - £2.2m

Carlos Fierro - £1.3m

[January] Xaropinho - £1.7m

[January] Piotr Wieckowski - £1.7m

[January] Mauro Dissenga - £2.4m

[January] Alvaro Dominguez - £13.25m

TOTAL: £72m

Out:

Jacob Mellis - £1.3m

Marko Mitrovic - Free

Nicolas Anelka - Free

Rhys Taylor - Free

Kaby - Free

Sam Walker - Free

Jose Boswinga - Free

Didier Drogba - Free

Luis Guilherme - Loan

Nika Kvekveskiri - Loan

Romario - Loan

Matej Delac - Loan

Lucas Piazon - Loan

Tomas Kalas - £1.4m

Michael Essien - Loan

Jamal Blackman - Loan

John Swift - £50k

Amin Affane - £95k

Oriol Romeu - £3.9m

Milan Lalkovic - £2.1m

Patrick van Aanholt - £1.2m

Yossi Benayoun - £1.6m

Erick Torres - Loan

Carlos Fierro - Loan

Adam Campbell - Loan

Ross Turnbull - Free

25 other players - Free

TOTAL: £19.5M

Similar to last season, I brought in a lot of youth and got rid a lot of players that did not have any potential, those who were on very high wages for the squad role they would have for this season or those who wanted to move. However, I brought in Cavani to fill up the Drogba space along with Di Maria to challenge Mata on the left wing a little more. Berry and Kane are two English youth prospects nicked from West Ham, and both have 4.5 star potentials. Perret is the other 4.5 star potential player. He already has talent, as he showed in the Club World Championship game where he bagged a hattrick.

Best Eleven: (4-2-4 formation)

Cech

Vrsaljko - Dominguez - Terry - Cole

Valencia - Ramires - Badelj - Di Maria

Cavani - Lukaku

This is my own person best eleven, it's not based on any figures or facts that have happened over the season. Lukaku shone this season when given the chance, and he was given a lot of chances. Torres was injured for the most part of the season and only ended up playing 20 (1) games, which he returned with 13 goals. Cavani was obviously our top scorer with 54 goals in 60 (2) games, and Lukaku finished with 24 goals in 34 (12) games. That leads me onto the potential problem of whether I should sell Torres on before his attributes start to decrease or keep him, giving Lukaku and Kadlec less game time.

Facts and Figures:

Top Goalscorer: Edinson Cavani - 54 in 60 (2).

Most Assists: Antonio Valencia - 22 in 42 (18).

MoMs: Edinson Cavani - 12 in 60 (2).

Best Av. Rating: Edinson Cavani - 7.61 in 60 (2).

For the second season running, we've dominated all competitions. However, the Prem ended up going to the last game, mainly because of Man Utd's high morale throughout the season and we didn't play them at all until the two games in the last six games of the season. Maybe if we'd played them in December, where they lost previously, we could've hitched their morale and other teams could have had a better chance to get a result out of them. Cavani obviously shone, along with new signing Di Maria, but the rest of the squad did what had to be done. Only six players didn't score, and only two didn't assist. They were Cech (predictable) and Mikel (shocked, are we?). Maybe it's time to sell Mikel.

Our discipline has took a bit of a hit too, with five players receiving red cards along with four players getting ten yellow cards or more over the season. I don't think our tackling is too hard, I think it's just silly challenges that could be avoided. Not much I can do about that.

Season Two Review

Fixtures

Again, I am very pleased with how we handled ourselves this season but unfortunately lost a couple of games so the elusive unbeatable season gets away again. We had two major points in the season where we were playing four games in ten to twelve days - December, which is predictable and May, where we played Man Utd twice in the league. Ended up playing Arsenal six times over the season: twice in the league, twice in the FA Cup (5th Round and Replay), in the League Cup Final and also in the CL Final. Out of those six games, we won three and drew three. Came home with every trophy winnable like last season, but this time we had the Club World Championship added to the list.

Transfers

In:

Edinson Cavani - £29m

Jerome Besse - Free

Enzo Quistin - £1.5m

Bahri Cirak - £170k

Zema Berry - £2.1m

Valentin Perret - £2.2m

Scott Kane - £2.1m

Angel Di Maria - £12m

Nicolas Lodeiro - Free

Jean-Louis Teyssier - £2.2m

Carlos Fierro - £1.3m

[January] Xaropinho - £1.7m

[January] Piotr Wieckowski - £1.7m

[January] Mauro Dissenga - £2.4m

[January] Alvaro Dominguez - £13.25m

TOTAL: £72m

Out:

Jacob Mellis - £1.3m

Marko Mitrovic - Free

Nicolas Anelka - Free

Rhys Taylor - Free

Kaby - Free

Sam Walker - Free

Jose Boswinga - Free

Didier Drogba - Free

Luis Guilherme - Loan

Nika Kvekveskiri - Loan

Romario - Loan

Matej Delac - Loan

Lucas Piazon - Loan

Tomas Kalas - £1.4m

Michael Essien - Loan

Jamal Blackman - Loan

John Swift - £50k

Amin Affane - £95k

Oriol Romeu - £3.9m

Milan Lalkovic - £2.1m

Patrick van Aanholt - £1.2m

Yossi Benayoun - £1.6m

Erick Torres - Loan

Carlos Fierro - Loan

Adam Campbell - Loan

Ross Turnbull - Free

25 other players - Free

TOTAL: £19.5M

Similar to last season, I brought in a lot of youth and got rid a lot of players that did not have any potential, those who were on very high wages for the squad role they would have for this season or those who wanted to move. However, I brought in Cavani to fill up the Drogba space along with Di Maria to challenge Mata on the left wing a little more. Berry and Kane are two English youth prospects nicked from West Ham, and both have 4.5 star potentials. Perret is the other 4.5 star potential player. He already has talent, as he showed in the Club World Championship game where he bagged a hattrick.

Best Eleven: (4-2-4 formation)

Cech

Vrsaljko - Dominguez - Terry - Cole

Valencia - Ramires - Badelj - Di Maria

Cavani - Lukaku

This is my own person best eleven, it's not based on any figures or facts that have happened over the season. Lukaku shone this season when given the chance, and he was given a lot of chances. Torres was injured for the most part of the season and only ended up playing 20 (1) games, which he returned with 13 goals. Cavani was obviously our top scorer with 54 goals in 60 (2) games, and Lukaku finished with 24 goals in 34 (12) games. That leads me onto the potential problem of whether I should sell Torres on before his attributes start to decrease or keep him, giving Lukaku and Kadlec less game time.

Facts and Figures:

Top Goalscorer: Edison Cavani - 54 in 60 (2).

Most Assists: Antonio Valencia - 22 in 42 (18).

MoMs: Edison Cavani - 12 in 60 (2).

Best Av. Rating: Edison Cavani - 7.61 in 60 (2).

For the second season running, we've dominated all competitions. However, the Prem ended up going to the last game, mainly because of Man Utd's high morale throughout the season and we didn't play them at all until the two games in the last six games of the season. Maybe if we'd played them in December, where they lost previously, we could've hitched their morale and other teams could have had a better chance to get a result out of them. Cavani obviously shone, along with new signing Di Maria, but the rest of the squad did what had to be done. Only six players didn't score, and only two didn't assist. They were Cech (predictable) and Mikel (shocked, are we?). Maybe it's time to sell Mikel.

Our discipline has took a bit of a hit too, with five players receiving red cards along with four players getting ten yellow cards or more over the season. I don't think our tackling is too hard, I think it's just silly challenges that could be avoided. Not much I can do about that.

Considering you're beginning the 3rd season, i think you have changed the team far more than what is required, Torres should be playing over lukaku 100%, I've seen torres develop into an absolute world beater with 19 finishing etc. As to why you purchased Valencia, I literally have no clue and also di maria, mata is twice the player of either of them, Personally i think you should have acquired Leandro and put him on a right inside forward training schedule. Also Everytime that badelj has been bought for me he has been atrocious, Modric, Ilicic or even jovetic would have been a far greater choice. However, this is your game and not mines :)

Considering you're beginning the 3rd season, i think you have changed the team far more than what is required, Torres should be playing over lukaku 100%, I've seen torres develop into an absolute world beater with 19 finishing etc. As to why you purchased Valencia, I literally have no clue and also di maria, mata is twice the player of either of them, Personally i think you should have acquired Leandro and put him on a right inside forward training schedule. Also Everytime that badelj has been bought for me he has been atrocious, Modric, Ilicic or even jovetic would have been a far greater choice. However, this is your game and not mines :)

Like I stated in my post however, Torres was injured for the majority of the season and that is why he only played 20-odd games. I'm wanting to develop the younger players of the squad so they're also ready to step up to the plate when the likes of Lampard, Terry, Torres, Cech etc. either decrease in their attributes or retire/contracts expire. I bought Valencia for £5.25m last season, and he contributed with the most assists in our team. His value has doubled in a season, and there is no alternative RW's to play or buy for a decent price. I bought Di Maria for a fairly cheap price in comparison to what he was valued at, and he contributes much better at LW in comparison to Mata. Granted, Mata got a higher average rating than Di Maria over the season in less appearances but he isn't "twice the player of either of them". Leandro would have been too costly for the budget I had set myself, and Valencia was transfer listed as I said above.

Badelj is now my first team playmaker over the likes of Mikel and Lampard. As I play a 4-2-4, my two CM's have to be good going forward and defensively. They both are. Your recommendations of Modric, Ilicic and Jovetic would not fit into the formation as they are not as defensively capable compared to Badelj, but would also be very high in price.

Like I stated in my post however, Torres was injured for the majority of the season and that is why he only played 20-odd games. I'm wanting to develop the younger players of the squad so they're also ready to step up to the plate when the likes of Lampard, Terry, Torres, Cech etc. either decrease in their attributes or retire/contracts expire. I bought Valencia for £5.25m last season, and he contributed with the most assists in our team. His value has doubled in a season, and there is no alternative RW's to play or buy for a decent price. I bought Di Maria for a fairly cheap price in comparison to what he was valued at, and he contributes much better at LW in comparison to Mata. Granted, Mata got a higher average rating than Di Maria over the season in less appearances but he isn't "twice the player of either of them". Leandro would have been too costly for the budget I had set myself, and Valencia was transfer listed as I said above.

Badelj is now my first team playmaker over the likes of Mikel and Lampard. As I play a 4-2-4, my two CM's have to be good going forward and defensively. They both are. Your recommendations of Modric, Ilicic and Jovetic would not fit into the formation as they are not as defensively capable compared to Badelj, but would also be very high in price.

Leandro has a release clause of around 9.25m at the beginning of the game, given he hasnt been snapped up, Valencia's physicals stats are brilliant theres no doubting that, however I cant help but disagree, he is half the player that you should be purchasing for a team like chelsea. A suggestion to replace him could be Andre Ayew granted you need to train him as right wing, for me the guy is incredible. As for your defensive minded midfielders i believe one is suitable(Ramires Box To Box Midfielder) working in tandem with an advanced playmaker, with the players i had previously suggested. As for Juan Mata, the guy needs to be set as an Inside forward(support), So far in 19 appearances he has contributed 7 goals and 12 assists for me. However, you have been doing a great job which cant be faulted, I was merely putting forth a suggestion to help you attain this unbeaten streak :) Ill post my team within the next 5 minutes :)

Halfway though the first season, my team are sitting 4th in the league, Man utd, Arsenal and City(1st-3rd respectively) are very close together. However Man Utd are shooting ahead and could be 9 points clear within the next game. My team Demolishes all the standard teams within the league but once being confronted by the leaders, we seem to be giving away last minute goals which is really ruining the chances of winning the league.

SQUAD- http://steamcommunity.com/id/nyceee/screenshot/630732600908431835

Money at the moment is perfect, I have more than enough available, I may look into the prospect off offloading drogba at the next window along with anelka. I brought in Gary Cahill to try and stop the goals leaking in at the last minute.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Leandro has a release clause of around 9.25m at the beginning of the game, given he hasnt been snapped up, Valencia's physicals stats are brilliant theres no doubting that, however I cant help but disagree, he is half the player that you should be purchasing for a team like chelsea. A suggestion to replace him could be Andre Ayew granted you need to train him as right wing, for me the guy is incredible. As for your defensive minded midfielders i believe one is suitable(Ramires Box To Box Midfielder) working in tandem with an advanced playmaker, with the players i had previously suggested. As for Juan Mata, the guy needs to be set as an Inside forward(support), So far in 19 appearances he has contributed 7 goals and 12 assists for me. However, you have been doing a great job which cant be faulted, I was merely putting forth a suggestion to help you attain this unbeaten streak :) Ill post my team within the next 5 minutes :)

Leandro would never be ready to play straight away, which is the problem i'd face. Valencia was first team for Man Utd, how can he be half the player that I should be buying for Chelsea? That would leave me only being able to buy someone like Neymar or Messi, which i'm not willing to do. I'm not keen on buying a player who I then have to retrain to the position, wastes far too much time retraining them along with them putting in mediocre performances for a while. I tried with one defensive player (Ramires - Ball Winning) and an Advanced Playmaker, but it left too much of a gap in the middle so i've resorted to two defensive CM's that can also attack.

I appreciate your suggestions, but everyone's save will be different and i've found that the players I have signed have done the job.

Which Leandro are you on about? The Brazilian striker that plays for Internacional? He was valued at £16m plus he's a striker, with no ability in any other position. Valencia was first team for Man Utd, how can he be half the player that I should be buying for Chelsea? That would leave me only being able to buy someone like Neymar or Messi, which i'm not willing to do. I'm not keen on buying a player who I then have to retrain to the position, wastes far too much time retraining them along with them putting in mediocre performances for a while. I tried with one defensive player (Ramires - Ball Winning) and an Advanced Playmaker, but it left too much of a gap in the middle so i've resorted to two defensive CM's that can also attack.

I appreciate your suggestions, but everyone's save will be different and i've found that the players I have signed have done the job.

Leandro from Gremio, 18 years old at the beginning of the game. Touted as the next Ronaldo (Brazillian no.9). Ayew learnt how to play right wing from scratch for me within one month, given that i played him there every game, but he still asisted well for me, he has played 30 games and assisted 20 and scored 12( Set as Winger)

Rather than giving you a roundup of both April and May, I'll just give you my end of season roundup, so here it is:

Season 3: 2013/14

Premier League

We ended the season with 32 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses, 124 goals scored and 24 conceded, meaning we beat Man City to the title by 6 points. My favourite part of the season however is that we ended with both 100 points and a +100 goal difference haha. The league table made very interesting reading, we conceded the exact same number of goals as Man City, but scored 25 more, and that was the difference. They too had 2 losses, but our superior firepower meant we managed to turn the 3 draws that cost them the title into 3 wins. So a good league season, not quite as good as our last two but that was to be expected as I've been playing some very young players and changing the team to a mroe attacking style.

Champions League

We went out in the first knockout round to Bayern Munich, which was very disappointing but means I'll be very determined to get it back next time.

FA Cup

Lost the final to Man Utd 2-1 It was a very young team all the way through and the did very well, but in the end we just couldn't do it. It didn't help that some of the youngsters I'd been playing we away on U21 international duty which was bizzarre, meaning the team was a mix of the youngsters and a couple of senior players, a team that hadn't played all together before, and they showed it. It's a shame, but we'll come back.

Conclusions

It was an ok season, but pretty much what I expected. I'd dumped a lot of experience the year before and the youngsters are still gelling. It'll be the same next season as I phase in even more youngsters, including some regens, but I'm prepared to deal with it. My job is still untouchable, which is great as I only won one real trophy this year (I don't count the World Club Cup or Community Shield), and I got the same message as Intercept that they were pleased with the attractive football (I nearly posted it but you beat me to it haha). Anyway, here's how my first 11 lined up this season:

Cech

Vrsaljko - Luiz - Terry - Alex Sandro

Asamoah - Lampard/McEachran

Sturridge - Mata - Muniain

Torres/Lukaku

The team worked exceptionally well together as an attacking unit, with Lukaku and Torres brining great competition for that striker position. My top scorers were:

Torres - 40 goals in 39 games

Lukaku - 32 goals in 20(16) games

Muniain - 24 goals in 45 games

Sturridge - 19 goals in 39 games

Kakuta - 16 goals in 18(13) games

Finally, here's a few screenshots of how some players have developed, starting with Chalobah and McEachran as people have requested those lately:

Chalobah

screenshot20111130at193.png

McEachran

Lukaku

Muniain

Delighted with the developments of those players, ignore the availability stuff as it's close season, I'll post Kakuta and a couple of regens in another post as I can't fit more in this one!

ok first season started again

this is how things are as of sept 1 :

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8729/chelseafixturesfixtures.png

im happy overall with the start although like rl im struggling for clean sheets.

Transfers :

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2280/chelseatransfershistory.png

as you can see only one buy at the moment and that was for the right wing position which i felt we needed most as we have no natural player in that position. He had a great debut then injured in the next game. Next update oct 1st

Halfway though the first season, my team are sitting 4th in the league, Man utd, Arsenal and City(1st-3rd respectively) are very close together. However Man Utd are shooting ahead and could be 9 points clear within the next game. My team Demolishes all the standard teams within the league but once being confronted by the leaders, we seem to be giving away last minute goals which is really ruining the chances of winning the league.

SQUAD- http://steamcommunity.com/id/nyceee/screenshot/630732600908431835

Money at the moment is perfect, I have more than enough available, I may look into the prospect off offloading drogba at the next window along with anelka. I brought in Gary Cahill to try and stop the goals leaking in at the last minute.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Okay, after just losing to Inter 4-1 in the first leg, drastic changes need to be made, my team dominated the game but still manage to keep losing. If anyone can give me some suggestions to fix this disgusting run of results it would be appreciated as team meetings dont work either.

was just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me. both lukaku and torres have had cruciate ligament injuries and when they return they are awful, there stats are rediculously low and i cant seem to get them back up again.

Hey guys :) im in my 3rd season now after winning 2 trebbles on the trot. My current team is...

GK) Cech/Courtois (Rotate Regullary)

LB) Bertrand/Cole

RB) Santon/Vrajasko

CB) Luiz/Papadopoulous

CB) Terry/Otamendi

CM) Ramires/Barkley

CM) Lampard/McEachran

AMR) Lturbe/Douglas Costa/Lucas Moura

AMC) Mata/Neymar

AML) Gotze/Neymar/Mata

ST) Torres/Lukaku/Damiao/Niang

All regullary rotated judging on who im playing pretty rapid team sofar but ive spent alot of money.... may possibly trim it down at end of this season

AlexCRONALDO have you tried putting out a 451 ish formation to settle the team and slowly rebuild confidence

I have indeed my friend, i tried using a 4-4-2 also, i just deleted the game and started a fresh one an hour ago, i believe i made the incorrect signings, so this time i have signed cahill and muniain so far, im considering signing fernandinho aswell to help solidify my midfield.

Bracken, what philosophy and strategy do you use in your tactic? Your team seems to score loads en concede hardly any, makes me interested in your team instructions;)

I line up with a 4-2-3-1 formation, the general instructions are to play fluid, more expressive, with shorter passing and floated crosses, the rest of the instructions are on default. The individual instructions are all tweaked, so I guess the general instructions aren't that useful, I'll give you the individual instructions in a bit as soon as I've made my changes.

However, while I'm pleased with it, I'm going to try and make it even more attacking and cavalier. I'm trying to build a team that can play a system that's a kind of hybrid between modern Barcelona and 1999 Man Utd, able to do short sharp passes to move the opposition around and create space, but also able to spring a pacey direct counter attack exploiting the wings. It's a challenge, and I'll be making some changes this summer to move us closer and I'll update you on it when it's done.

I line up with a 4-2-3-1 formation, the general instructions are to play fluid, more expressive, with shorter passing and floated crosses, the rest of the instructions are on default. The individual instructions are all tweaked, so I guess the general instructions aren't that useful, I'll give you the individual instructions in a bit as soon as I've made my changes.

However, while I'm pleased with it, I'm going to try and make it even more attacking and cavalier. I'm trying to build a team that can play a system that's a kind of hybrid between modern Barcelona and 1999 Man Utd, able to do short sharp passes to move the opposition around and create space, but also able to spring a pacey direct counter attack exploiting the wings. It's a challenge, and I'll be making some changes this summer to move us closer and I'll update you on it when it's done.

nice idea hope you pull it off would be nice to see the results

Anyone been able to sign first team coaches with Chelsea? Got rid of Rocha as his stats are awful and board says I can have a maximum of 5 first team coaches. However no matter who I attempt to sign, the board just cancels the deal as "they feel we don't need any more coaches" :confused:

Protocol

Check how many coaches (all coaches from Fitness to Youth) you have in total. It doesn't matter if they say you can have 5 First Team coaches if there is no space because you have 20 youth coaches. About the only advice I can give you really, never happened to me.

Also a quick question to the members of the thread.

For my AMR and AML positions I have Silva, Mata, Weiss and Sturridge all rotating (with Kakuta out on loan due to come back and resume deputy duties once I've off-loaded someone). My first choice are Mata and Silva for their obvious creative ability but I've just gotten a message from Porto offering me Hulk for £20.5m. I don't deny he is an absolute monster of a player but is he really worth it given the competition for players I already have?

Protocol

Check how many coaches (all coaches from Fitness to Youth) you have in total. It doesn't matter if they say you can have 5 First Team coaches if there is no space because you have 20 youth coaches. About the only advice I can give you really, never happened to me.

Also a quick question to the members of the thread.

For my AMR and AML positions I have Silva, Mata, Weiss and Sturridge all rotating (with Kakuta out on loan due to come back and resume deputy duties once I've off-loaded someone). My first choice are Mata and Silva for their obvious creative ability but I've just gotten a message from Porto offering me Hulk for £20.5m. I don't deny he is an absolute monster of a player but is he really worth it given the competition for players I already have?

I have hulk and I play his as AML, In my first season he got 18 goals and 11 assists in 43 appearances from the left and so far in my second season he has 6 goals and 4 assists in 10 appearances.

How well does Silva play for you because I have Navas who plays down the right for me.

lacoste8030

Silva has just played his 30th league game (back end of the 2nd season and beginning of the 3rd) from AMR and has scored 11 goals and assisted 21. Really nice contribution and there have been so many games where he has just cut defence's open leaving Torres the simplest of targets to hit. Mata from AML in the last 30 games has managed 15 goals and 20 assists, so they both contribute in abundance for me offensively which is one of the main reasons why I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of buying Hulk given the first choice options I have already.

lacoste8030

Silva has just played his 30th league game (back end of the 2nd season and beginning of the 3rd) from AMR and has scored 11 goals and assisted 21. Really nice contribution and there have been so many games where he has just cut defence's open leaving Torres the simplest of targets to hit. Mata from AML in the last 30 games has managed 15 goals and 20 assists, so they both contribute in abundance for me offensively which is one of the main reasons why I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of buying Hulk given the first choice options I have already.

hey yeah I agree with you. see I have Hulk, Mata and Navas playing all the time as i play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Mata behind torres, Hulk down the left and Navas down the right. and they all do exceptionally for me. The only problem I do have is with Daniel Sturridge who I have as a back-up to Navas, Sturridge is just too selfish and does not distribute the ball good which annoys me so am thinking of getting rid of him but I do not know who to replace him with. do you have any ideas?

Right, a fair few changes for my squad this year, he's a little round up

Start of Season 2014/15

Transfers

In:

Lots of regens, including one for £9m at LB

Total: £27.5m

Out

Nathan Ake - £1.5m

Adam Campbell - £1.3m

Lucas Andersen - £8m

Matej Delac - £5m

Ross Barkley - £13.5m

Ashley Cole - £500k

Emre Can - £1.3m

Ulises Davila - £3.8m

Oriol Romeu - £4m

Tomas Kalas - £4m

Carlos Fierro - £7m

Lucas Piazon - Free

Connor Clifford - £1m

Sime Vrsaljko - £18.5m

Lots of loans with fees and a couple of unwanted regens

Total: £75m

Quite pleased with the transfers, brought in a lot of cash and get rid of some deadwood and some youngsters I didn't have a place for. I wasn't planning on letting go of Barkley, but Real Madrid came in with a good offer and he's never performed hugely well for me, so I wasn't too upset. The same really goes with Vrsaljko, had no plans to sell but he's never been fantastic and Bayern kept coming back with bids so in the end I negotiated for what I felt was a good amount.

Team Lineup

GK: Petr Cech, Thibaut Courtois, Anuar Nava (regen)

DR - Full back (Automatic): Chris Basham (regen), Lars Ibrahimovic (regen)

DCR - Centre Back (Cover): David Luiz, Nathanial Chalobah

DCL - Ball Playing Centre Back (Stopper): John Terry, Anthony Reed

DL - Full Back (Automatic): Alex Sandro, Julio Heredia (regen)

MCR - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend): Kwadwo Asamoah, Jeremy Lepetre (regen)

MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker (Support): Josh McEachran, Frank Lampard, Mateo Kovacic

AMR - Inside Forward (Attack): Daniel Sturridge, Gael Kakuta

AMC - Trequartista (Attack): Juan Mata, Mateo Kovacic, Correntin Le Guerroue (regen)

AML - Inside Forward (Attack): Iker Muniain, Mbaye Niang, Eddie Hillier (regen)

ST - Advanced Forward (Attack): Fernando Torres, Romelu Lukaku, Mbaye Niang

We now play a very fluid formation, with a fair amount of roaming and lots of creative freedom. There's also lots of rotation going on, especially at centre back, Reed and Chalobah will play most home games, JT and Luiz the away games and bigger home games, and up front, Torres big games and away games, Lukaku home games and cup games. It'll be tough to keep everyone happy with this extensive rotation policy, but it should be fun.

Pre-season went very well, we won all the games without conceding which was surprising. Here's how we've done in August

August 2014

Community Shield

Chelsea 1 - 0 Man Utd

Kwadwo Asamoah 62'

Vrsaljko sent off 38

Tough game to start, we didn't really click either. Vrsaljko's last act before he left was to get this red card.

Premier League

Chelsea 5 - 0 Stoke

Torres 19', 26, 45+1'

Lukaku 80'

Muniain 82'

A good win to start the season, played a pretty much first team just to get the ball rolling

Newcastle 2 - 3 Chelsea

Vossen 12'

Torres 28', 61'

Muniain 49'

Kelly 69'

Very tough away win, these two goals conceded really an example of how the team's going to go this season until they're used to the new tactics, but we still did very well up front.

Chelsea 4 - 1 West Ham

Spas Delev 3'

Lukaku 11', 22', 49'

Lampard 54'

Great performance from Lukaku, and Frank showing he still has a role to play.

Conclusion

A good start to the season with three wins and some lovely fluid football. I've also picked up the England U21's job, as they rejected me in favour of Stuart bloody Pearce for the top job, but oh well, youth football might be fun for a while.

Courtois is amazing in this game, he was my first choice since 2013 im in 2015 by the way and he single handedly was responsible for winning champions league 2 seasons in a row. I think barca and real were getting something lilly like 6+ clear cut chances against me.

I agree Courtois is very good. He is now my first choice in 2016/17 season but was getting a lot of games along side Cech from around 2013.

I think I'm going to start a new game with Chelsea. Mainly because now in 2016 I realise I haven't made the best signings squad wise. Lots of players are getting unhappy and I have too many players for certain positions etc.. This save has been successful, however I feel it could have gone better.

Nice update Bracken, Muniain looks to have been a great signing for you. Might sign him myself If I start a new save :thup: Although I really want Neymar :p

Courtois is amazing in this game, he was my first choice since 2013 im in 2015 by the way and he single handedly was responsible for winning champions league 2 seasons in a row. I think barca and real were getting something lilly like 6+ clear cut chances against me.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of him on your game? Would love to see how he's developed for you, hasn't really set the world alight for me.

Well I started a new save, Danny Sturridge has just broken his leg in a pre-season match against Inverness Caledonian Thistle and is out for 5-6 months. Thats one way to ruin his career or stunt his growth at the least :thdn::(

Anyone been able to sign first team coaches with Chelsea? Got rid of Rocha as his stats are awful and board says I can have a maximum of 5 first team coaches. However no matter who I attempt to sign, the board just cancels the deal as "they feel we don't need any more coaches" :confused:

How many youth coaches and normal coaches do you have?

For example: If you are aloud 5 Youth 5 Coaches 5 1st Team Coacher and you already have 9 Youth 5 coaches 1 1st Team coach, In there eyes you still have th allocated 15 coaches.

Finally getting a new stadium. Won't be built for a year and a half but it will seat over 59,000.

Interesting, What year?

I'm in my second season, Capacity at 43,000 and ever game I get 43,000. So total sell out.

BUT when I ask for new stadium, They tell me there is no evidence that we will fill it :(

Archived