FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Nice!

My season is starting out great. Beat Everton 3-1 in the first game of the season and beat City 2-0 at theirs, after getting hammered for 45 minutes. I gave my team some gentle encouragement and Balotelli came on to score the first in the 85th minute. Suarez finished it off. Looking good!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my second season. Won the treble (The league,carling cup and the champions league) Leandro and Reina were my best performers. (Reina kept me 31 clean sheets in 61 games and Leandro scored 46 in 40 games :D)

My board also announced they will expand the stadium by 16k seats for next season. (will become 61k seater )

you have found a right gem them there he looks amazing

bought him 5 seasons before that at just 3.7m, first he tore up the championship so i sent him to genk to test his ability challenging for the league title in the belgian league, he tore that up too. and so far he has 10 goals this season in the premiership alone before september has finished.

Real Madrid have a 16 year old who is a decent right back already :O

They want 23 million for him (has pa to better than Johnson)

I might buy him and move kelly to cb and start to phase out johnson.

I would reccomend selling johnson if your buying someone else instead of phasing, he declines very quickly and you don't want him wasting that much in wages per week doing nothing.

Nice results from people.

Just finished the 2014/15 season....

the Nut and Bolts

Retained the premiership for the 4th Consecutive season.

Won the Champions league

Was disappointing in everything else.

Behind the scenes

The ongoing battle to take Tevez off City's hands concluded. His Contract expired and he left City on a free. After a protracted contract negotiation, he signed on a 1 year contract for approximately £90k a week plus bonuses.

He then proceeded to almost singlehandedly destroy everything around him as the lone striker in my 4-2-3-1. 41 goals from 35 starts and 7 sub appearances.

20 league goals and 19 Champion's league goals. He basically walked into the team, consigned suarez and kadlec to the bench and set about making himself undroppable. In hindsight I should have paid City the 20million for him when he was 28. Only downside, I cannot get him to tutor anyone regardless of how closely matched in terms of personality they seem to be.

Behind him in the goal scoring charts was..... Coates. Yes, that Coates. On 16 goals, my new captain and rock at the heart of my defence.

My team lines up as:

Tevez

Hazard     Eriksen      Sterling

Lucas    M'villa

Robinson   Coates   Wilson   Walker

Reina

With the squad comprising of:

Kadlec, Suarez, Torres (the mexican one),badelj, shelvey, Agger, Johnson, Enrique and a bunch of regens.

Eriksen and Hazard both tallied up 24 assists, with Sterling starting to become a force to be reckoned with on 15.

The Awards

We fairly comfortably retained the premier division with 2 games to spare, beating second place (at the time) Chelsea to secure our crown. (5 Point, 29 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss) Manchester United were the only team to beat us this year, by that time we's already won the league, but it spelt the end of an unbeaten run spanning more than 50 league games. Even so we finished 10 points clear of the eventual second place.

I spent £21million and received 16 in transfer fees, mostly on regens to stock my U-18s who're now nicely starting to feed tomorrow's stars.

With a transfer budget this season of £100million I think I'm going to ask for a stadium extension instead.

Gerrard and Carragher retire at the end of the season and will be snapped up as coaches, Downing and Johnson both hit 30. I'll need a new Right back by getting rid of them, but neither are tutoring material and both just a big draw on my wage budget this season.

Poor old Emile. Someone asked me down the pub today whether I thought Heskey's aware of his figure of ridicule status :lol:

i imagine he cant hear the ridicule over how rich he is or his 62 international caps ... not to mention his enviable record as far as premier league appearances is concerned...

What kind of potential does the kid have? What is his transfer fee? Wages he will likely want?
he will turn out to be a leading premier league cb roughly about 7.75m to get him thats a bit steep for someone who wont play for a while

just got into January 2014, December proved to be a very strong month winning 5 out of the 6 games my youngster Tom White is playing quite well got 2 goals one was a 25 yard screamer against Blackburn, so i have now cut the gap down to 6 points behind Man Utd.

i just signed Andrea Cameli the next Baresi for 7.5m happy with that after Inter originally wanted 13m

he will be playing sooner than expected as Coates just got injured in training by Mbia and is out for 2 months add to that Agger is still injured

well i just got absolutely humiliated, smashed 5-0 by Cardiff in the 4th round of the Fa Cup. I guess i deserved that after i fielded a very youthful team ah well still the league and champions league to aim for.

Thinking whether or not I should sell Johnson before first season starts coz I brought Sime Vrsalikjo (sp) who has potential to be as good as him. Could get about £10-£15m for Johnson I believe. Also got Kelly in the RB role so it would be Kelly as backup to Sime.

Coz I started again again again the transfers I made are:

- Willian £7.5m

- Sime Vrasdhjasjdl (sp) - £1.5m

- Felipe Anderson - £5.5m

- Milan Badelj - £4.2m

Sold Skrtel for £6.5m

Archived