FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Afternoon lads (and lasses...maybe?)

I'm just starting a new save and am mulling over the idea of shifting Pepe on for £40m to remedy my appalling first season transfer budget. Any suggestions for cheaper, first choice keepers?

Doubt it :lol:

On to your question; £40m for a 'keeper, you'd be silly not too (who is offering that BTW?), just take into account that your back-ups are painfully bad- Doni makes mistake after mistake, and I'm trialing Gulacsi in the pre-season of S2 now... Not going well!! So you'll have to write that into your £40m, some decent cheap 'keepers around though! I'd take it and buy another winger (with pace who can score goals) and a poacher, you'll have a chance with that.

By the way, I've got another couple of bits of silverware to add to my trophy cabnet since we last spoke;

Won the Olympics, easiest trophy win ever...

olympicwin.jpg

And also beat Manchester United in the Charity Shield on penos after a 2-2 draw, Gulácsi doing me proud and saving 2 penos after having possibly the worst pre-season in history!!

Anyway, before the kick-off to my second season, my haulage looks like this:

Trophy Haul (So Far...)

Premier League: 2012

FA Cup: 2012

League Cup: 2012

Community Shield: 2012

Champions League:

Europa League:

Club World Cup:

Euro. Super Cup:

Olympic Games Gold Medal: 2012

U19 Champions League:

FA Youth Cup: 2012

Manager of the Year: 2012

Afternoon lads (and lasses...maybe?)

I'm just starting a new save and am mulling over the idea of shifting Pepe on for £40m to remedy my appalling first season transfer budget. Any suggestions for cheaper, first choice keepers?

Yan Sommer, ter Stegen.

Both young, and good enough straight away.

You'll probably want to buy a winger with flair, I'd recommend Willian and Gaitan. Also have a look at young players like Kara, Wilfried, Yohann Mollo.

Cheers mate, those keepers both look pretty decent.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with Andy Carroll (gulp) up front and Suarez and Downing as inside forwards so I think the centre forward is the next to be replaced out of those three. I've heard good things about Yaya Sanogo so I might have a look at him.

I've got the best one, just what we always wanted;

thenextcheyrou.jpg

While I'm on image shack I'll just whack up a start of season update, 2 tix...

So here are my transfers:

openingtransfers.jpg

As you can see fully focused on youth and bringing young players through. Only buying U18s, as usual so the scouting department is in full flow (finding the next Cheyrou's etc);

And, this is how we are doing as a consequence;

earlyresults.jpg

Need to turn a couple of these draws into wins and get this league won earlier this year!!

The next bruno Cheyrou :D until you see the next djimi traore you can't win ;) Thanks to my success last season and not buying anyone i've decided to just say screw it and buy Gotze after 6-7 seasons chasing him.

120m, also bringing in 3 other regens who have excellent potential then im set for years. Subotic is on the way out and the German Terminator seems to have sold his scoring boots on ebay. only 7 goals so far this season :(

Hi, guys. dont come in here much but im a long time sufferer of FM.

just thought i'd come in and vent a little aswell as ask for some player advice.

first the vent...

so there i was cruising along beating all the big team (and everyone else) losing only my first game of the season to stoke all the way up until game 29 when all of a sudden my team decides to throw away the league in spectacular fashion losing 6 out of the last 9 league games of the season with only 1 'big' team to play in those last 9, man u. 4 of the losses at home to blackburn, westham, newcastle and everton and 2 away against man u and a 5-0 hammering by aston villa and in the middle of all this, this;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/120xi.jpg/

to make it worse i was still only 2 points behind man u going into the final game so i put the latest scores up during the match and with me winning 1-0 and peppering middlesbrough man u were struggling 0-0 at home to blackpool. so anyone want to guess what happened next?? thats right man u score in the 86th min just to rub in the worst end to the season in living memory :(.

no reasons or excuses for what happened, it just did, with a lot of 'liverpool wont believe theyve lost this' to go along with it...

i wouldnt mind but the season before i finished 3rd with 91 points ffs. 91 POINTS!!! its not the first time thats happened either. sometimes this game really pisses me off :D it really does.

rant over/

anyway, lets get to some advice. anyone know what im doing wrong with ganso? ive never had him before but obv his stats are great and was bought to replace gerrard but the problem is hes been terrible from the word go. i play him in AMC with adv playtmaker role but he has 3gls 4asts with a 7.10 rating for the whole season way behind everyone else. he just does nothing every game almost. sometimes players just dont click i guess so ive decided to cut my losses and get rid. so can anyone recommend a good replacement?

my other 3 main attacking players have ratings of 7.69 (suarez) 7.86 (cavani) and 8.06 (hazard) < complete legend btw. so what am i doing wrong with the AMC position??

also how do i get coates to train on? he's still got 13 for both tackling and marking and hes played almost solidly for the past 2 1/2 seasons yet he just wont train on. he gets good ratings tho but still, i want him to become world class. wilson aswell is not training on tho he gets great ratings also.

anyway, hope ive not bored you all too much with my ramblings and any help will be appreciated :thup:

ps. signing either hazard or cavani should be deamed as cheating :D theyre both amazing!

@ Foo - could try Ganso as inside forward support? When I had Willian playing behind Suarez, his best position was not as IF but he wasn't performing in the other roles and this suited him much better, scoring goals and assisting aplenty so maybe you could change the role Ganso plays?

@ Staf - I also lost interest in my save so I started a new save.

In my new save so far, I've brought Felipe Anderson, Lucas Andersen, Niang. Still have about £7m to spend. I've still kept my older save at the beginning of season 3 incase I want to go back to that.

I have never made it past season 2 - I get bored lol.

@ Foo - could try Ganso as inside forward support? When I had Willian playing behind Suarez, his best position was not as IF but he wasn't performing in the other roles and this suited him much better, scoring goals and assisting aplenty so maybe you could change the role Ganso plays?

In my new save so far, I've brought Felipe Anderson, Lucas Andersen, Niang. Still have about £7m to spend. I've still kept my older save at the beginning of season 3 incase I want to go back to that.

Alright lads how's it going ?

A Double K I know how you feel mate, that's why I made the Shakhtar and Spartak threads to give me a bit of a different challenge

Alright lads how's it going ?

A Double K I know how you feel mate, that's why I made the Shakhtar and Spartak threads to give me a bit of a different challenge

Haha, yeah its going alright mate thanks. How's it going with you? Mmm I could do with a challenge but don't really want to play with other teams to be honest lol or in other countries/leagues where they have restrictions etc.

Haha, yeah its going alright mate thanks. How's it going with you? Mmm I could do with a challenge but don't really want to play with other teams to be honest lol or in other countries/leagues where they have restrictions etc.

Not too bad mate am really enjoying my other saves atm tbh, I may edge towards teams I've never been before in future FM's a lot more. Although I shall still have a save with my beloved Liverpool

started a new save put i go for most of the same players in most starts as i know they work out well and can be sold on for a profit (Vrsajlko, Badelj, Eriksen) so gave up on the new start for the moment.

went back to my LT save and decided as i'm in Jan i'd go all out for a player i've never managed and i bought Gótze in for 51m and sold off Agger 12m (he's 30 now) and Adam Johnson 20m to help fund the deal.

at the end of Jan and 2 points behind city but i have a game in hand. 8 points then to 3rd place so its a good race for the title. still in all other comps, 2nd Leg of the LC Semi coming up but i won the first leg 6-1 so its the final for me.

Got Juve in the 2nd round of the CL and i want to get a CL title under my belt so maybe i can get back into this save

Hi lads loading up my save boy its been quiet here lately some of the old i dont see much here anymore :(

Alright mate am enjoying save with Shakhtar and Spartak ATM but am still popping in every now and then to see how the most popular thread is getting on ;)

Alright mate am enjoying save with Shakhtar and Spartak ATM but am still popping in every now and then to see how the most popular thread is getting on ;)
Wow good to see you LFC i may try another team later on 1st i want to win the league & champions league with my beloved Liverpool

Its not False been talk everywhere about it & will go on until Jan windows open

Whether it's true or not, you have to consider whether the King thinks it's worth spending £20m on a striker who's scored three premier league goals this year.

Also, having witnessed first hand the abuse hurled Torres's way by the fans away at Stamford Bridge, whether anyone would actually want him back. I certainly don't.

here are my signings so far what do you think? i have tried to sell Aquilani, Cole, Adam and Carroll but no one wants them so they are now in the reserves. also i managed to get stevie down to 90k wages.

lfch.png

the first two signings are youngsters

Whether it's true or not, you have to consider whether the King thinks it's worth spending £20m on a striker who's scored three premier league goals this year.

Also, having witnessed first hand the abuse hurled Torres's way by the fans away at Stamford Bridge, whether anyone would actually want him back. I certainly don't.

Im the same he will leave Chelsea no doubt about it i dont want him back at the club

Hi lads loading up my save boy its been quiet here lately some of the old faces i dont see much here anymore :(

Alright mate, havent had a lot of time to play over the last few weeks, Getting Married in Feb and had lots to arrange over the last few weeks. Hope to be on a bit over Xmas.

Also have someone sitting behind me in work now so can;t stay on here all day either!

Im the same he will leave Chelsea no doubt about it i dont want him back at the club

Personnally i'd have him back but thats more on memory of what he did do in the red. on current form you wouldn't touch him, but i'd love to see him and Suarez together

just brushed newcastle aside 3-0 played some good football as well. On the Torres issue i would definitely take him back he was amazing and personally i don't see him getting back to his best with anyone else than us just think how good that partnership would be Suarez and Torres.

Personnally i'd have him back but thats more on memory of what he did do in the red. on current form you wouldn't touch him, but i'd love to see him and Suarez together

Yeah, I agree him and Suarez would be amazing. I don't think I could forgive him though. He walked out on us just as things were starting to look up. May he rot in the Chelsea reserves team.

I dunno if this has happened on anyone else's game but Kyle Walker's really unhappy at Spurs because he's not getting a game and has been dropped to the reserves. Do you think it'd be worth a cheeky low bid?

I'm pretty well furnished for full-backs with Kelly, Jose, Johnson, and Robinson and I've got Flano out on loan at the minute, but he looks like he could be a very useful player and if I could pick him up for, say, £5m it might be a useful investment.

Argh, going into the xmas run in (2nd season) Kuyt and Suarez (my 1st choice striking partnership) have gotten long term injuries, gutted!!

Since this has happened I've drawn both my games (H- Spurs, A- Sunderland) and Mancs U have caught up with me, they're one point behind and I go to Salford next to play them... Bad timing.

That was a mad game of football!! We were winning 3-0 at HT, could easily have been 6 or 7 if I had Kuyt & Suarez, although to be fair Carroll was MotM. After HT Manc Utd came back at me and it went to 3-3, I was going mental- pulling my hair out but Maxi popped up just before FT and slipped one past De Gay... 4-3 win, and I stay top, moving 4 point clear, 19 games in.

Regens are taking over as the dominant force in football on my current save, really enjoying it. My kids are developing brilliantly. 6 points clear after 16 games in the league and just drawn napoli in the Champions league last 16.

Good luck with the rest of your season pal

Archived