[FM11][RELEASED] Rowan's Regen Replacements (Cut-Out Style)

RowRow78

Would you like to see this feature added back into the game?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this feature added back into the game?

Hello all,

I'm not sure where the assumption that this would be in the last patch has come from, but that was always very unlikely to be the case.

As Rowan has explained previously, this was never purposely "taken" out of the game as it was never intended as a feature. It was just something that happened to "work" in previous versions of Football Manager that doesn't in the latest version.

The fact that there's a demand for this has been noted and recorded and it will be investigated and considered for future updates/versions. I can't give any indication as to what the result of that process might be, and as a policy, we don't announce features for updates or new versions of the game until that update or new version itself has been pubicly announced and the feature has been coded but I can assure you that we have paid attention to this thread and the discussion within it.

Kind regards,

Rob

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all,

I'm not sure where the assumption that this would be in the last patch has come from, but that was always very unlikely to be the case.

As Rowan has explained previously, this was never purposely "taken" out of the game as it was never intended as a feature. It was just something that happened to "work" in previous versions of Football Manager that doesn't in the latest version.

The fact that there's a demand for this has been noted and recorded and it will be investigated and considered for future updates/versions. I can't give any indication as to what the result of that process might be, and as a policy, we don't announce features for updates or new versions of the game until that update or new version itself has been pubicly announced and the feature has been coded but I can assure you that we have paid attention to this thread and the discussion within it.

Kind regards,

Rob

There is no demand for this at all .

121 votes for is hardly a demand . in turth 1000s and 1000s dont care a less for it . and i am one of them . why cause a maybe bug just for the sake of a very few .

in my mind the vast majority of fm gamers do not want this added at all, or there would be far more than this little 121 votes .

am i missing something? but i have added pics to my game as i have for last few years....so what is wrong?

Nope, it doesn't work. You might be replacing "Real" player's images (which you can obviously) but you can't replace the game "regenerated" images that are applied to players the game creates.

I guess we'll hear about this when the next update is announced:

as a policy, we don't announce features for updates or new versions of the game until that update or new version itself has been pubicly announced and the feature has been coded but I can assure you that we have paid attention to this thread and the discussion within it.

Whether it's good or bad news remains to be seen but by the look of this thread there's plenty of people not playing the game as a direct result of this. Not SI's fault of course but if they fix it, it would show huge dedication to keeping the core fans happy and rewarding people like Rowan & co who have - unofficially and for no money - put so much effort into making the game even more realistic for the rest of us.

Pleeeeeease SI throw us a friggin' bone here.... :D

Just thought I would pop in here and give my view on things and just explain, there is a work around.

Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly perfect, but it works. It is a case of utilising the hair files for the regens. The basics of the process is to generate a large database of hair files (think OLT hair expansion set) and fill them with player images as oppose to hair for regens. This will therefore allow the player image to simply overlay the regen face - (you can even match the players skin and hair colour appropriately to match what the match engine shows up, if you care so much to do so). This in essence means that the player images need to have backgrounds - which is fine if you have the default skin on as you can add a bg exactly the same colour as the skin to provide a cut out look. Or you can add generic backgrounds.

I began working on a little experiment test type project to see how this worked out and frankly, it did exactly what it was intended to do. This is in no way an ongoing project for me, however, do take this method and utilise it for this project if you so desire. I should have the .psd still if you want it.

Bhyyf.png

dz7kn.png

This is an excellent idea DeadPanda and one I had been thinking about and had spoken with the OLT creator. The only issue I can see is that with the number of regens created by the game far exceeding the number of regens we have created, and images being duplicated. That said if somebody wants to spend the time creating the images, I'm sure the community would be very grateful (unfortunately I don't have the time to take this on)

Ironically if SI had come out and said they definitely won't be adding the feature back in, someone may be more enthusiastic about taking this on, but it's a hell of a lot of work for the community when you would hope SI could just code the fix...

This is an excellent idea DeadPanda and one I had been thinking about and had spoken with the OLT creator. The only issue I can see is that with the number of regens created by the game far exceeding the number of regens we have created, and images being duplicated. That said if somebody wants to spend the time creating the images, I'm sure the community would be very grateful (unfortunately I don't have the time to take this on)

Ironically if SI had come out and said they definitely won't be adding the feature back in, someone may be more enthusiastic about taking this on, but it's a hell of a lot of work for the community when you would hope SI could just code the fix...

This is very true. Given the large number of regens, the chances are you will come across multiple copies of the same player face which is unfortunate. Like you suggest though, the more faces, the lower level of duplication that is going to happen so it would take a lot of work from a group of dedicated individuals to produce a big collection to decrease chances of mass duplication.

I'm sure this is a feature many people would happily see, so I figure if this was to be taken on by an enthusiastic few, it would get a good reception. But it is a lot of work and hassle and like Row, I don't have the time to take this on properly.

Without wanting to get everybody's hopes up, PaulC said in the feedback thread that the forthcoming data update (out in a few weeks) will also include non-ME fixes. Hopefully, the re-enabling of this feature will be one of them.

new update and this is still not fixed...goodbye SI and FM forever..u won't get a single € from me anymore

bye bye ,,, unreal that you cannot play the game ?

i am so glad that its been taken out the game .. over 1 million folk plays fm .. and you have just over 100 votes for it .. when its already been sed it can cause bugs els where , yet theses 100 odd so votes are happy to have them along with bugs ..

you guys really need to look at playing something els if such a small thing can upset your game play

My temporary workaround is to just disable all in-game faces. Not only are there no cartoon faces on your squad, but there are none in all the world. Just set it to land on attributes instead of profile when you click on a player - looks like this:

S9yYXYg.jpg

It does suck a bit, I stopped playing a few months ago now. Such a shame as I was actually enjoying all the new features in FM13, but I just can't get around those faces. Might seem silly to some, but it makes the difference for me :s

As far as Im aware, this is one of the things you're going to have to buy the next version for.

I'd truly love to be wrong. It's not the kind of thing I wanted to find out a couple of days after I bought the game, especially after waiting 5 or so months for patches to go in.

As far as Im aware, this is one of the things you're going to have to buy the next version for.

Suspicious....you don't work for SI do you? :p

I'll definitely not be ordering FM14 until we get confirmation this function is back in....as it is, that is a long old wait without an FM fix :(

Hi it doesnt work for me :( Mainly because the XML file download is broken and I tried to make one myself.

Can someone paste the content of their XML file for me? Just the beginning bit till it gets to the first line of the actual content of telling the game to look up new pics?

Thanks so much!

-----Never mind-----

Got it to work, apparently the update didn't install correctly by steam the first time so I was having the same issue as everyone pre patch.

Archived