FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just been given the most insane new youth player (start of season 2)..... his stats are off the radar and I'll get a screen shot up later... comment was like he has the potential the best of his generation. I imagine most of you that play a lot will have seen many like him but this guy is going to be something a bit special....... time to poach some more youth coaches!!!

Has anyone been offered wilshere with the new patch? Also have any of you bought and played munian as an AMC? thanks

I'd like to know too.. just paid over the odds for both - 12.5 and 11 and with Pacheco now this will allow me to offload Miereles, Cole and Kuyt next season when their contracts expire (might sell in Jan window) Pacheco is now showing as green at AMR as well as his standard AMC/S so I will use him as back up for Kuyt now in my 4-2-3-1 and go with Muniain as AML (inside forward) behind Cole and Wilshere as MC to replace Miereles.

It isn't as difficult to sell players as people are saying (least not for me). I just crank down (not up like I read somewhere else) the amount I ask for and spread over 48months.

Summer 2011/12 I've sold:

Aurelio & Konchesky 1mil each

Sotiris 1.5mil

Brad Jones 750k - I have to pay 3k of his wages

Skrtel 5.75mil (on top of 1.2 I got for loan fee in Jan) but again I have to pay 6k a week for him to go

Ecclestion + Amoo - loans

Aqua man 6.5 or 5.5 can't remember

Insua 3.5

Degen 2 or 1.5 cant remember

I think there might be 1 or 2 more but I've shed almost all the dead wood and have 25 core players for next season with half of them under 23.

I am actually disappointed about how easy it is with Liverpool this year - after 4 years absence I was expecting a real challenge.

I might look at some other starts - I fancy Fiorentina as they start with some great youth players to build a team around and that could be fun. I always used to enjoy a Athletico save to try and topple Real & Barca.

Anyone else running any other games right now?

Is it worth trying to prize rodwell away from the blue ***** for a quality dm? I also cannot seem to find a world class cb who dominates aerially.

My 4-3-3 atm is working quite well, trying to buy g rossi from villareal to cut in from the right side, a worthy investment for around 10m really

Alrighty, a bit of an update:

Just finished the half-way mark for my second season. Currently the big surprise is West Brom sitting in 5th place. Man Utd and Chelsea are not doing so hot this season, sitting at 6th and 9th respectively. My main competition has been Man City (which I just recently beat 2-0) and Arsenal (which I gave a wooping to 4-0). I currently have 1 lose (against Sunderland) and 2 ties, the rest wins. I'm still advancing in the Euro Champions cup, FA cup, and English league cup. January transfer window has opened and I'm hoping to sell a few players who are not performing and pulling in a few with my budget.

Has anyone gotten the board to start work on a new stadium? I've been tried quite a few times but most of the time the option is greyed out.

Hi everybody

Im in Feb 2012 ( season 2 )

League- 1st 3 points ahead of Utd ( 26 games played )

League Cup - Lost in 3rd rd to Huddersfield

CL - I have drawn R.Madrid in 1st KO RD ( bit rough )

FA Cup - 5th RD game coming vs Arsenal

Players In

Phil Jones 4.2m

Tevez - 11.25

Srna - free

Winston Reid 2.1m ( wanted a New Zealand player + Gerrard said he " set to shine "

Gary Cahill 3.6m

and couple new younger keepers

Players Out

Aurelio

N'Gog

Silva

Poulsen

Insua

Maxi

Torres and Tevez been great together 18 and 14 goals, Coentrao has been best player, have him playing on left of midfield.

IRL 0-2 loss to Stoke what is going on ? dont get feel for what is happening been in New Zealand

Just started so far signed Hazard,Kevin,Barabcar & Dzeko as long he passes a work permit.Gonna rest Gerrard & Torres from the 1st few rds of Europa League & play Kids gonna use 4-4-2 & 4-2-3-1.Already lost Johnson with a herina & Kelly is out for 9 months with cruciate damage so ill use Carragher as my RB until Johnson is fit again.also trying to sign Wickham Conner wont get him yet as he will fail a med as hes injured at Ipswich.

Alrights lads; My game corrupted last night so had to start a new game.

Transfers:

I took advice off some lads a few pages back offering players out for ridiculous prices and getting a reasonable offer in so managed to sell everyone i thought was surplus to requirements;

Then went on further to work my ass off to make signings, Selling more than I signed ment I had a nice wage budget left so could get the players I needed in with no problems, although I wasn't stupid and got players under 100K after trying to get Dzeko, Lavezzi & Hamsik who all wanted way to much I was prepared to offer.

All signings were upfront so I don't have to worry about losing money through the course of the season.

1stseasontransfers-revamp.png

Pre-Season

Got off to a flyer, losing to the reserves! Which was disappointing but their morale was better than mine was!

Won my Europa League qualifier 5-0 on agg which was nice with Nando (3) Gerrard (1) & Hazard (1) picking up goals over the legs.

Nando got two goals against Man City with 20mins to go after that we held on, Neymar and Aurelio both got injuries thought. Main one was Neymar who will be out for 5 weeks :(

1stseasonpre-season.png

First Team:

So when all fit my first team this season should look like this;

1stseasonfirstteam.png

Lack abit of depth but nothing I can do until next summer now.

Thoughts?

Ive got nothing to lose im gonna play my full team in leg 2 see if i make the biggest turn around meaning Nando,Gerrard,Dzeko & Reina will play in leg 2.

Good luck mate :thup:

Anyway in work off to work, be on tonight though! Catch ya later mate!

Alrights lads; My game corrupted last night so had to start a new game.

Transfers:

I took advice off some lads a few pages back offering players out for ridiculous prices and getting a reasonable offer in so managed to sell everyone i thought was surplus to requirements;

Then went on further to work my ass off to make signings, Selling more than I signed ment I had a nice wage budget left so could get the players I needed in with no problems, although I wasn't stupid and got players under 100K after trying to get Dzeko, Lavezzi & Hamsik who all wanted way to much I was prepared to offer.

All signings were upfront so I don't have to worry about losing money through the course of the season.

1stseasontransfers-revamp.png

Pre-Season

Got off to a flyer, losing to the reserves! Which was disappointing but their morale was better than mine was!

Won my Europa League qualifier 5-0 on agg which was nice with Nando (3) Gerrard (1) & Hazard (1) picking up goals over the legs.

Nando got two goals against Man City with 20mins to go after that we held on, Neymar and Aurelio both got injuries thought. Main one was Neymar who will be out for 5 weeks :(

1stseasonpre-season.png

First Team:

So when all fit my first team this season should look like this;

1stseasonfirstteam.png

Lack abit of depth but nothing I can do until next summer now.

Thoughts?

Get Barbacar as a backup to Nando depending on what formation you play.

rossi on the right, the cutting in will be amazing

yes he is a beast cutting in from the right...... signed him in january and pretty much won me the league while torres and gerrard were injured :)

got him for 10mil and only wants lowish wages which is also great!

highly recommend him to everyone

Now lost Carragher for 2 months meaning i have no RB ATm though Johnson will be back in a few weeks.

Ok finally got the game and got the season started last night. I'm having trouble getting rid of players, probably because the ones I'm trying to off have just arrived at the club (Konchesky, Aurelio, Poulsen) but I'm still trying to loan them out at least. I'm in need of a back-up RB as Johnson keeps going down, Kelly is fair but not going to do it long term. I've also lost Mierles for two months from a training injury. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and will be opening the season away at Everton after work.

Transfers In:

Coentrao

Lukaku

Defour

Dodo - future signing

Donovan

Maxwell - loan

M. Diarra

I’ve trailed my ‘home’ (attacking, flowing 4-4-2, with high winger / inside forward) tactic around a few leagues and teams and found that it works very nicely. Thus I’m going to start a new long term save game with Liverpool, something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time.

I’m going to use MGs latest update, so the game is as update as possible, and I’m going to make a few edits to the Db myself to ensure that Damien Camoli is at the club and Werner is the chairman etc. etc. Oh, and that Antonio Cassano is now a free transfer ... if I manage to sign him on his stupidly high wages, that should make for an interesting couple of seasons!

I’ve been thinking of sticking to an exact game plan for my new game, I’ve typed it up and pinned t to my pin board, so I’ll feel very guilty if I didn’t stick to it. And either road, it’s my route to success so it’ll be worth it. I’ll copy what I’ve written over from Word, and let you judge just how much of a sado I am!

Mooki3’s Liverpool FC challenge

Aim: To return Liverpool FC to their rightful place on the plinth, the greatest football team in the world.

Objectives:

1) A complete overhaul of backroom staff upon arrival; far too many distinctly average coaches and other staff at Liverpool these days, and this will be remedied as there are a lot of very good coaches and other staff in the game that are available.

2) A complete review of the youth and reserve teams; reducing the numbers by at least 50% to ensure that each player left is getting the coaching / opportunities necessary to succeed

3) Ensure Liverpool have the very best facilities (including stadium) in World football; I will achieve this by constantly pestering the board, and ensuring that they have the funds to build by qualifying for the Champions League year on year and implementing the following transfer strategy:

4) Stick to NESV’s ‘healthy transfer strategy; this will mean buying only players under the age of 23, who will not decrease, only increase in value and therefore cannot be considered ‘risks’ even if a large sum is spent on them. I will also allow myself to buy players on free transfers who are of 29 years of age and under, under the condition that I deem their contract to be healthy (i.e. not too long if they’re old / too heavy on the wages)

5) Become a club whom brings through their own talent; I expect to spend (quite heavily) over the first couple of seasons, in order to get the club back into the Champions League. However, after my 3rd season I aim to turn a profit in the transfer market year on year, in order to aid the funding of the facilities (see ‘3’)

6) Play the kind of beautiful free flowing football that LFC fans expect; I’ve designed a ‘home’ formation and an ‘away’ formation, I must admit that the home version is quite gung-ho and conceded a fair amount, but at home it seems to pay off. The away tactic is slightly more conservative, favouring retaining possession rather and finding good chances, rather than trying to score 10 goals a game. I have also designed training schemes to accompany these formations.

so far in season 2 :

1st in the PL after 14 matches with 30 pts . 8 wins and 6 draws.

Beat Aston villa, Arsenal and Doncaster on my way to the League Cup semi final against Sunderland .

I'm not doing well in the CL group stage as I'm rotating a lot when it comes to playing in Europe . I'm 2nd in the group after 5 games with 9 pts from 3 wins and two losses behind Stuttgart with 15 pts . Atletico Madrid are 3rd with 6 pts. My last game in the group against them at Vicente Calderon . Tough match.

Upcoming 2 games : Chelsea ( PL ) , Atletico Madrid( CL ) .

end of season 2

finished 2nd in league up from 4th last season, interesting that man city and cheski finished 5th and 6th so no cl

lost 1 KO in cl to Real Madrid 4-3

lost fa cup semi in everton 1-1 P

torres and tevez been so great up front

coentrao won footballer of the year and torres players player

agger,coentrao,gerrard and torres in team of year

@ MH2k : how the hell did you sell your players for that much?! It still amazes me how people can sell their players for those amounts and i am struggling to sell them for £500k!

On another note, I disappointed that in the demo, I told Gerrard to tutor Shelvey and his determination shot up to 20 straight away, but in the full game and over the 1st season, Shelvey didn't develop as such and was detached from Gerrard in the learning, or he didnt learn as much.

Has anyone been offered wilshere with the new patch? Also have any of you bought and played munian as an AMC? thanks

if you check my posts I've been playing Munian as an AMC for half a season now. I spent 18 mil on him and he's been worth the fee. Still has 4.5 star potential, playing at 3 stars as an 18 y/o. Having him being this good and with this much potential forces me to play him in that slot over gerrard, which works well as I can use Stevie to partner Lucas in the mids.

I ended up winning the EPL in the last day of the season. Finished with 81 points, ManU with 80. John Henry has given me 68 million to spend. I need homegrown players and I want Jack Wilshere... but is 24 million to much for him?

Behold, my Goal of the Year winner! Meirles blasting it from no man's land against Arsenal. I don't know if it was Fabianski in goal or Almunia... but does it really matter?

[video=youtube;Z8Bad6xnSKc]

just lost my 1st PL game after 21 matches. 1-0 to Bolton at the Reebok . But still 4 pts clear at the top of the table.

In Europe , I managed to get the much needed win in the last group stage match against Atletico Madrid and made it to the last 16 . Got Barca !

In a week time , I'll play the League Cup semi final 1st leg against Sunderland . Four days before I'll travel to the Hawthorns to meet WBA in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Lost Torres for more than a month but he came back in the last 2 matches . A good boost for the squad .

Khouma Babacar after his slow start to the campaign , he is banging them now .

Tom Cairney ( 2,3 M) and Scott Loach ( 1,2 M) will join on 1.1.2012 .

Get Barbacar as a backup to Nando depending on what formation you play.

It varies from 1 upfront to 2, but yeah I'll defo try getting Babaca as cover. along with Lukaku I'll have the future best strikeforce in the world :p

rossi on the right, the cutting in will be amazing

Yet to try him on the right so I'll give it a go next game!

yes he is a beast cutting in from the right...... signed him in january and pretty much won me the league while torres and gerrard were injured :)

got him for 10mil and only wants lowish wages which is also great!

highly recommend him to everyone

Yeah his wages are reasonable which is good! :D

@ MH2k : how the hell did you sell your players for that much?! It still amazes me how people can sell their players for those amounts and i am struggling to sell them for £500k!

On another note, I disappointed that in the demo, I told Gerrard to tutor Shelvey and his determination shot up to 20 straight away, but in the full game and over the 1st season, Shelvey didn't develop as such and was detached from Gerrard in the learning, or he didnt learn as much.

There was a post on the 15th page with a technique to sell straight away, basically offering players out way over value and the bids come flying in with offers good enough for us!

Need to credit the lads who suggested that actually! So if he's reading, nice one! :thup:

And the Hodson saga continues.

Been absolutely devastated with injuries recently, all 5 of my other RBs were injured so thought I'd see what effect promoting Hodson into the senior squad and then picking him would have. Result? Played disinterested, gave the ball away at every opportunity and single handedly cost us an easy game we were winning 3-0 to lose 4-3. Had to put Gerrard in at right back in the end (who's also lost all this season's stats for some reason).

I'm not going to sell him, but he is on the transfer list with an asking price of £10million. He's on a 4 year contract and can rot in the reserves. It's not all a complete loss though, I've stuck him on the goalkeeper training schedule with a workload set to none.

There was a post on the 15th page with a technique to sell straight away, basically offering players out way over value and the bids come flying in with offers good enough for us!

Need to credit the lads who suggested that actually! So if he's reading, nice one! :thup:

Ah i've been looking and i cant seem to find it anymore :(

ive tried that approach though, offering like 20m for kuyt, but still only get offers such as £5, or just his price.

I just bought Wesley Sneijder from Inter for 30M. Very costly, but completely worth it. He's been quickly climbing the goal charts and catching up with Nando. I have him as MC and he's getting some beautiful strikes from a distance.

Ah i've been looking and i cant seem to find it anymore :(

ive tried that approach though, offering like 20m for kuyt, but still only get offers such as £5, or just his price.

You're right, I can't see it now... I'll have to have a mooch through the pages when I get a chance..

I gave Jack Robinson his debut in the EURO Cup 4th round qualifier to become the youngest player for Liverpool and in the EURO Cup! :D

The match finished 0-0 against OFK Beograd at Anfield but 4-0 on aggregate from the away leg!

Already signed Dzeko,Barbacar,Hazard,Coentrao,Kevin & Dodo so far gonna play 4-4-2 & 4-2-3-1 in this save

Hazard & Coentrao :thup: They've been boss for me.

Dzeko and Babacar :( I want now!!!! :p

Liverpool 3-0 Birmingham

Nando

Gerrard

Hazard

:cool:

Archived