FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Ye I agree.

Mine are

GK;sweeper keeper

RB/LB;wingbacks

RCB; Center defender(defend) LCB; Ball Playing Defender(cover)

DM; Anchorman

RCM; DL.PM

LCM; Adv.PM

RW/LW; Inside fwds

ST; Advanced striker

The centre defender combo works very well.

i used to use that combo but i decided to have the defenders just defender and just have them lay it of to the midfield

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering the shots they had, a draw was a pretty good result. Good to see you're getting to play Nando and he's doing well. He's had three games for me and scored two in one and half seasons. He's been injured the rest of the time.

I was 2-0 up and well in control of the game then Johnson got injured and i brought on Kelly and my defence just fell apart

Torres has been great and touch wood not had any major injuries

Thats unlucky. But Torres has had a complete mare under me. Injured in our first competetive fixture, he made it back in time for the last few PL games of the season; only to be injured in training and put out until next season. Played the opening two games, and was put out for 8 months with a broken leg.

Thats unlucky. But Torres has had a complete mare under me. Injured in our first competetive fixture, he made it back in time for the last few PL games of the season; only to be injured in training and put out until next season. Played the opening two games, and was put out for 8 months with a broken leg.

Ouch

Jonjo on fire for me 14 assists in the league 18 overall and i'm only into January. (2nd season)

Have any of you got Pacheco performing? He stop scoring goals for me....

Shelvey is doing great for me he is keeping Meireles out of the team he also just got MOM against Bolton where he scored a beast of a header

I play Pacheco AMC he doesnt score many but sets a lot up

Hey guys, hope everyone's games are going well.

Just reporting in with my first season, halfway report.

INS:

Geoffrey Kondogbia (£1.7m)

Eden Hazard (£16.5m)

Vincent Enyeama (£275k)

Ignacio Camacho (£450k)

Thorgan Hazard (£2.3m)

Vaclac Kadlec (£3.5m) JAN WINDOW

Tom Cairney (£2.3m) END OF SEASON

Mateo Kovacic (£650k) END OF SEASON

Marko Livaja (free) Joins when his worldwide ban ends

OUT:

Nobody of interest. Few youngsters released and a few out on loan.

EUROPA LEAGUE:

3rd Qualifying Round had me pitched against Maribor, whom I beat 5-0 on aggregate.

4th Qualifying Round I drew Elfsborg, and I beat them 5-1 on aggregate. So pretty easy qualification to the groups.

The draw for the group was pretty kind (Dortmund, AZ & Zilina). I ended up topping the group with 4 wins and 2 draws (15 scored and 5 conceded)

I've been drawn against Auxerre in the first knockout stage, but yet to play them.

CARLING CUP:

I went out of the Carling Cup in the 3rd round away to West Brom 4-1. I should have played some more senior players besides Torres, but I thought the team would have been good enough for the win. How wrong I was.

FA CUP:

I've been drawn against Carlisle in the 3rd round, but yet to play them as I'm only into January 1st.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

Top 4 look like this:

1. Liverpool (45pts)

2. Chelsea (43pts)

3. Arsenal (41pts)

4. Man Utd (36pts)

Some outstanding performances so far have been a 4-0 home win against Chelsea (Hazard x2, Torres x2) and a 5-1 home win against Man City (Pacheco, Gerrard, Hazard, Torres x2)

As for my players, Torres and Hazard have been absolutely inspirational so far:

Torres (26 app, 28 goals, 7 ass)

Hazard (26 app, 9 goals, 15 ass)

Quick update:

I've just entered march. I've won the English cup and I am still in the running for the FA cup and the Euro Champions Cup, though my game today is against Stuttgard at Anfield, but I'm currently down 1-0 from the first game, so I have to win by at least 2 to move on. Here's the league table right now. I'm sitting at top, but Man City is right on my heel.

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

Nearly into November, still 3 pts off the pace in the league. Tomorrow's first match will be the Gunners at home.

Today's results:

3-1 Sunderland (Torres, Cole, Gerrard)

5-0 Montpellier (Lukaku 3, Donovan, Maxi)

5-0 Wolves (Gerrard 2, Mierles, Agger 2)

1-0 Arsenal --> League Cup (Lukaku)

I've been playing basically my second string in all Europa League fixtures in an effort to focus on the league. United don't look like losing at the moment, I will certainly need them to slip up.

Well my season is going awesome :D.

Jan 11 2012

Team Competitions

Champions Cup: Going to play AC Milan in the 1st knockout round. Won all my group stage matches

Super Cup: Won it vrs inter

Premier Division: Leading the pack by 16 points but second place has 2 games in hand and spurs who are in 3rd have four games in and they could lower the gap to 8 points.

Fa Cup: 4th rnd vs convetry

League Cup: Semi final vs spurs

Community Shield: won vs arsenal

My team is playing well tactics are working well thats the good news bad news is i have alot of injuries as well Carragher has been sent off twice already in 2 months.Cole is out for 4 months with a broken foot but Nando so far has been injury free fingers crossed he stays that way.

Alrite mate, just getting back to my Liverpool save now after playing with Pompey and Spurs for a bit after getting bored of playing as Liverpool.

How's your save going?

Not too bad am a few games in to season 2

Quick update as of January season 1.

In the league we are currently sat in 3rd place, a full 10 points behind Man Utd who remain unbeaten, but we're 5 points ahead of the 5th place team so look in decent shape to get back into the Champions League which is clearly priority #1. Had a good start to the season but hit a brick wall around the end of November and dropped a lot of points including a couple of embarrassing 1-0 reverses at home to Bolton and Villa. Good news though, Torres has returned from injury just before Christmas to make his first few appearances. He smashed in a hatrick in the final Europa League game when we were not sure of qualification, overall he has 5 goals so far at an average of a goal every 69minutes so hopefully I can keep him fit for at least a few months to consolidate our league position.

I've just sold Aurelio and Jovanovic. I'll probably offload Poulsen before the end of the January window but he is still tutoring Camacho right now and that has been a fruitful exercise that I don't want to cut short. Elia has been average and Cardozo has been something of a dissapointment, so they both have until the summer to buck up their ideas or they'll be shipped out. I probably won't sign any new players unless there are some serious bargains.

Morning lads

Got an hour on the game last night. played the first leg of the Europa Semi away to Athletico, Drew 2-2, happy enough with that as i used my second team in the game as i had spurs away in the PL next. Day before that game United drew 1-1 with Wigan which actually relegated Wigna so if i won i would go joint top but stay second as they have a far better GD. Lost 1-0!!!! now i need to beat Villa and Everton and then i have United Away on the last day for the title. I'll need them to drop points tho as their around 15 golas better off than me. they have 2 sides in the bottom 5 left to play

Morning lads

Got an hour on the game last night. played the first leg of the Europa Semi away to Athletico, Drew 2-2, happy enough with that as i used my second team in the game as i had spurs away in the PL next. Day before that game United drew 1-1 with Wigan which actually relegated Wigna so if i won i would go joint top but stay second as they have a far better GD. Lost 1-0!!!! now i need to beat Villa and Everton and then i have United Away on the last day for the title. I'll need them to drop points tho as their around 15 golas better off than me. they have 2 sides in the bottom 5 left to play

In the league we are currently sat in 3rd place, a full 10 points behind Man Utd who remain unbeaten, but we're 5 points ahead of the 5th place team so look in decent shape to get back into the Champions League which is clearly priority #1. Had a good start to the season but hit a brick wall around the end of November and dropped a lot of points including a couple of embarrassing 1-0 reverses at home to Bolton and Villa. Good news though, Torres has returned from injury just before Christmas to make his first few appearances. He smashed in a hatrick in the final Europa League game when we were not sure of qualification, overall he has 5 goals so far at an average of a goal every 69minutes so hopefully I can keep him fit for at least a few months to consolidate our league position.

I've just sold Aurelio and Jovanovic. I'll probably offload Poulsen before the end of the January window but he is still tutoring Camacho right now and that has been a fruitful exercise that I don't want to cut short. Elia has been average and Cardozo has been something of a dissapointment, so they both have until the summer to buck up their ideas or they'll be shipped out. I probably won't sign any new players unless there are some serious bargains.

Good luck with the rest of the season

Goodnight lads im off to bed :thup:

Cya mate

Am off for a bit be back later

Well my season is going awesome :D.

Jan 11 2012

Team Competitions

Champions Cup: Going to play AC Milan in the 1st knockout round. Won all my group stage matches

Super Cup: Won it vrs inter

Premier Division: Leading the pack by 16 points but second place has 2 games in hand and spurs who are in 3rd have four games in and they could lower the gap to 8 points.

Fa Cup: 4th rnd vs convetry

League Cup: Semi final vs spurs

Community Shield: won vs arsenal

Very impressive.

How much did you get for Aurelio and Jovanovic?

Hey guys, hope everyone's games are going well.

Just reporting in with my first season, halfway report.

INS:

Geoffrey Kondogbia (£1.7m)

Eden Hazard (£16.5m)

Vincent Enyeama (£275k)

Ignacio Camacho (£450k)

Thorgan Hazard (£2.3m)

Vaclac Kadlec (£3.5m) JAN WINDOW

Tom Cairney (£2.3m) END OF SEASON

Mateo Kovacic (£650k) END OF SEASON

Marko Livaja (free) Joins when his worldwide ban ends

OUT:

Nobody of interest. Few youngsters released and a few out on loan.

EUROPA LEAGUE:

3rd Qualifying Round had me pitched against Maribor, whom I beat 5-0 on aggregate.

4th Qualifying Round I drew Elfsborg, and I beat them 5-1 on aggregate. So pretty easy qualification to the groups.

The draw for the group was pretty kind (Dortmund, AZ & Zilina). I ended up topping the group with 4 wins and 2 draws (15 scored and 5 conceded)

I've been drawn against Auxerre in the first knockout stage, but yet to play them.

CARLING CUP:

I went out of the Carling Cup in the 3rd round away to West Brom 4-1. I should have played some more senior players besides Torres, but I thought the team would have been good enough for the win. How wrong I was.

FA CUP:

I've been drawn against Carlisle in the 3rd round, but yet to play them as I'm only into January 1st.

PREMIER LEAGUE:

Top 4 look like this:

1. Liverpool (45pts)

2. Chelsea (43pts)

3. Arsenal (41pts)

4. Man Utd (36pts)

Some outstanding performances so far have been a 4-0 home win against Chelsea (Hazard x2, Torres x2) and a 5-1 home win against Man City (Pacheco, Gerrard, Hazard, Torres x2)

As for my players, Torres and Hazard have been absolutely inspirational so far:

Torres (26 app, 28 goals, 7 ass)

Hazard (26 app, 9 goals, 15 ass)

Hi,

What tactics do you use?

And what about training strategy and schedule?

Thanks

alright guys, little update:

- im 3rd in champs league, only 3 games in and 3 points behind, so i can still make it

- beat arsenal 1-0 in league but then i either drew or lost (recently lost against west ham 2-1 :()

- so now im 5th with a game in hand, but even if i win, ill be 4th only but i'd only be 1 point behind....gonna be a tough one i think, with arsenal, spurs and utd on equal points

- chelsea are 12th and it looks like mancini will get sacked from chelski

quick question, im equal points with roma who are 2nd and im 3rd, but i have greater goal difference than them, but they beat me 1-0...i thought i should be ahead of them due to goal diff? isnt it the case that if the goal diff is equal then you look at who beat who? or am i just confused and have got it mixed up?

quick question, im equal points with roma who are 2nd and im 3rd, but i have greater goal difference than them, but they beat me 1-0...i thought i should be ahead of them due to goal diff? isnt it the case that if the goal diff is equal then you look at who beat who? or am i just confused and have got it mixed up?

It's based off who scored the most goals total, and if that is equal, it goes to whoever scored the most away goals.

Results between teams

Goal difference

Goals scored

in that order I think

get in! wilson became wonderkid :D

I should hope so :) From the little I've seen of him IRL he oozes class and has all the natural attributes to become a top top centre back. I've not been this excited by a young DC at Liverpool since Djimi Traore, so I suppose it could all still go wrong :p

I should hope so :) From the little I've seen of him IRL he oozes class and has all the natural attributes to become a top top centre back. I've not been this excited by a young DC at Liverpool since Djimi Traore, so I suppose it could all still go wrong :p

Hahahah! Dont jynx it! :p. Ah, he's been playing almost every single match, so no wonder his stats are constantly going up. Great signing and IRL he should get more chances to play I reckon.

See the boys goal last night?

My fav bit of the game like that is Danny Pacheco being 'the next David Villa'!!!

Archived