FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

just beat arsenal 1-0! great win imo, makes me 2nd with a game in hand

I can never beat Arsenal. Actually just suffered my first defeat of the season at the Emirates, any tips for me?

Torres chip against R.Madrid in the CL group Stages

[video=youtube;frCNvKBk45I]

Beautiful

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MH brings his first trophy back to Anfield!

After one hell of a League Cup Final.

1stseasonleaguecup.png

:cool:

Currently 1st in the league after everyone playing 27games, here is the top 5 so far.

Liverpool (69 points)

Spurs (67 points)

Chelsea (56 points)

Man Utd (55 points)

Arsenal (48 points)

Looks clear that I should be able to win the league in my first season, Spurs being the main threat.

Still have to play, Spurs (Away), United (Home), Arsenal (Home)

In Europa Quarter Finals and FA 5th Round still :thup:

Hi just started my second save. My first save was a little mediocre and I think that was in the main due to my main 4411 tactic.

Transfers for season 1:

liverpooltransfershisto.png

New tactic:

liverpoolliverpooltacti.png

I was planning on rotating Babacar and N'Gog as backups to Torres but in the final week of pre-season Torres developed knee tendonitis which will keep him out for 4 months so I panic bought Oscar Cardozo. My final signing was Eljero Elia, I've never signed him before so picked him as a change from Sanchez/Hazard. It was a toss up between him and Chinedu Obasi, both have great flair and technique, Elia's slightly better pace and finishing won out.

Tutoring is set up as below:

TUTOR		- YOUNGSTER
Reina		- Gulacsi
Carragher	- Wilson
Konchesky	- Robinson
Aurelio		- Toni Silva
Poulsen		- Camacho
Meireles	- Suso
Cole		- Pacheco
Kuyt		- Kevin

Will post an update at the January transfer window :)

1st game done, had to wait til 90+5 for Skrtel to smash it home from a goal line scramble.

LIV 1-0 BLA

Final match, Bolton at Anfield, 3 points needed. Arsenal 1 point behind with already relegated Preston to play.

It's these times that make this game so adictive.

Good luck!

Just beat Chelsea 3-1. Good times.

Good stuff.

I'm being rejected time and time again by international teams, who've sacked their managers following no qualifying for the European Championship. I really enjoy managing national teams, and its starting to wind me up now. Hopefully I'll get Finland or Portugal though.

EDIT: Congrats on the prem. Did you win it in your first season as well?

Fazio - 550k quality, is he as good this year?

Erm he has been downgraded a fair bit but he's still a beast in the air and is only on 15k wage compared to Soto's 35k. Was transfer listed at the start of the game, so I thought why not he can cover DM aswell so he should be a useful squad player.

Good stuff.

I'm being rejected time and time again by international teams, who've sacked their managers following no qualifying for the European Championship. I really enjoy managing national teams, and its starting to wind me up now. Hopefully I'll get Finland or Portugal though.

EDIT: Congrats on the prem. Did you win it in your first season as well?

Maybe you might struggle until you a few seasons in and your rep is up a bit? Dunno though don't really enjoy International management so don't often do it.

Ye, somehow won all 4 competitions in 1st season. Not sure how.

How far into 1st season are you?

Edit: Coentrao to miss both finals with injury. Gutted.

I'm in my second. I won the prem and lost out in the finals of the other three. Twice to the Mancs and then to Arsenal in the Euro Cup. Beat United in the Community shield as consolation though.

I have my experience set to International Footballer, and that was usually enough to get a reasonable team like Russia until I had some more silverware under my belt in FM10. I'll just keep applying to whatever comes up i guess, until i have won enough to get one of them.

EDIT: Just got Stevie G in as a player/assman. Quality.

I'm in my second. I won the prem and lost out in the finals of the other three. Twice to the Mancs and then to Arsenal in the Euro Cup. Beat United in the Community shield as consolation though.

I have my experience set to International Footballer, and that was usually enough to get a reasonable team like Russia until I had some more silverware under my belt in FM10. I'll just keep applying to whatever comes up i guess, until i have won enough to get one of them.

EDIT: Just got Stevie G in as a player/assman. Quality.

Ouch.

I won Charity shield against Manc but got beat by Chelski in Euro super cup.

Ye Chelsea won Champions league :thdn:

FA cup final, without Gerrard, Coentrao & Lucas now, got a bad feeling about this.

Wasn't too fussed at the League and FA cups, it was the Euro cup against Arsenal that was gutting. Danny Wilson got sent off in the 3rd minute, we were up against it for the entire game from then on, we went 2 down, only for Jelle Vossen to nail two on counter attacks in the second half. We lost in the second half of extra-time after Pepe came outside the box to claim the ball and lost out to Van Persie's pace.

The Mancs won the CL on mine. Still, time to make it no. 6 this season, eh?

Alright lads, been a busy-bee, hope you've not missed me too much! Only get on average 1-2 hours to play FM a day now so progress is a little slow. I won't bother with any screenshots but I'll give you a quick overview of Season 2.

In: Affellay (Free), Mexes (Free), Andrea Poli (£9M), Jovetic (£17M), Babacar (Loan), Mario Fernandes (£5.25M), Joao (£1.1M)

Out: Agger (£14.75M), Dirk Kuyt (£3.2M - too low, but needed to get rid), Babel (£3.7M), Darby (£1.7M), Aquilani (£5M), a few other loans and a few releases.

Not started as bright as last year, lost the Community shield against City, Vargas making a mockery of my stand-in right back Kelly to nod home at the back post. Opening day of the season seen me against United, at Anfield- a game in which they won 1-0 :( next up Bolton, a game which ended 2-2...so only 1 point in the first 2 games...

But my team have responded, and so far, CL and CC included, we've notched up 6 straight wins including a 3-0 demolition of Everton, we're currently 4th in the League with plenty still to play for.

*Bows down*

Fantastic job against the scum, shame about Torres.

Nando just got his first ever appearance for me since my first competetive game in charge last season. Scored to in the second half against APOEL in the CL. Hopefully he will stay fit enough for him to play a whole 90 minutes at some point before he retires :p

*Bows down*

Fantastic job against the scum, shame about Torres.

Nando just got his first ever appearance for me since my first competetive game in charge last season. Scored to in the second half against APOEL in the CL. Hopefully he will stay fit enough for him to play a whole 90 minutes at some point before he retires :p

I've been really lucky with torres this is the 1st time he has been out over a month with injury in 2 seasons.

In my first save in about December - Gerrard lost all his stats for me (although he was showing in various categories in the premier league stats page).... anyone find out why or how this happens?

Bug sounds like the most likely explanation :) I'll stick a post in there if one isn't there already.

Alright lads on my save for a bit

Hi just started my second save. My first save was a little mediocre and I think that was in the main due to my main 4411 tactic.

Transfers for season 1:

New tactic:

I was planning on rotating Babacar and N'Gog as backups to Torres but in the final week of pre-season Torres developed knee tendonitis which will keep him out for 4 months so I panic bought Oscar Cardozo. My final signing was Eljero Elia, I've never signed him before so picked him as a change from Sanchez/Hazard. It was a toss up between him and Chinedu Obasi, both have great flair and technique, Elia's slightly better pace and finishing won out.

Tutoring is set up as below:

TUTOR		- YOUNGSTER
Reina		- Gulacsi
Carragher	- Wilson
Konchesky	- Robinson
Aurelio		- Toni Silva
Poulsen		- Camacho
Meireles	- Suso
Cole		- Pacheco
Kuyt		- Kevin

Will post an update at the January transfer window

Good luck with the save

Cheers, 3-0 up at half time, this would be an epic failure to lose it now.

3-1 final score after 2nd half played almost entirely in our 18yrd box.

Final league standing

1.LIV - 91pts

2.ARS - 90pts

Lost Gerrard for 2 weeks, race for fitness for FA cup & Champions Final.

What a result,

wkk1mu.jpg

But squad for Champions league final getting weaker by the day,

34g6pvo.jpg

Alright lads, been a busy-bee, hope you've not missed me too much! Only get on average 1-2 hours to play FM a day now so progress is a little slow. I won't bother with any screenshots but I'll give you a quick overview of Season 2.

In: Affellay (Free), Mexes (Free), Andrea Poli (£9M), Jovetic (£17M), Babacar (Loan), Mario Fernandes (£5.25M), Joao (£1.1M)

Out: Agger (£14.75M), Dirk Kuyt (£3.2M - too low, but needed to get rid), Babel (£3.7M), Darby (£1.7M), Aquilani (£5M), a few other loans and a few releases.

Not started as bright as last year, lost the Community shield against City, Vargas making a mockery of my stand-in right back Kelly to nod home at the back post. Opening day of the season seen me against United, at Anfield- a game in which they won 1-0 :( next up Bolton, a game which ended 2-2...so only 1 point in the first 2 games...

But my team have responded, and so far, CL and CC included, we've notched up 6 straight wins including a 3-0 demolition of Everton, we're currently 4th in the League with plenty still to play for.

Good luck with the rest of the season

ye ITV.

And last screenshot for a while,

iz9gn4.jpg

Well done on a great season

Hi Lads, just finished my first season and finished 3rd which im reasonably happy with. Championsleague football was my minimum aim so im happy to achieve it. The problem im having during the summer after 1st season is, i am finding it VERY hard to sell some of my players.

The likes of brad jones, ngog, poulsen, konchesky, degen just wont get the hell out of my club! I have even offered some of them for free and nobody wants them!

Did anyone else have this problem? Please help because i really wan to clear out all the deadwood!

yes i had same problem and still am having problem

hey guys!! well, nearly at the end of my 1st season and what an rollercoaster!!! the start was a nightmare... only managed around 3 wins in 12 in all competitions and was only a game away from the sack, then comes the unthinkable, I managed to turn it around and went on a 32 game unbeaten run (in all competitions) and stormed up to top of the league and i was 9 clear of united. only got 2 games left to play and already confirmed number 19!!! :)

I lost the Europa final against Madrid 6-4!!! 3-0 down clawed back to 3-3 forcing extra time, 4-3 pulled it back again 4-4 then they got 2 fluke goals and pinched it :(

Gerrard Hat-trick too! so i was proud of the fight we gave!

Major transfers for the season : Lukaka(7mill), Coentrao (11m), kevin, Mexes (6m), david luiz (jan 4mill) and afellay (Jan signing 5-6 mill in jan... out of contract in summer)

BIG BIG BIG news tho, Suarez and Bale have been tapped up from me and both unhappy and signing them up in the summer for 5.75mill and 6mill respectively :) :)

I couldve had suarez in jan but didnt have the money!

How is everyone going with the game?

Ok im off to work bye all & good luck in your game :thup:

Cya later mate

hey guys!! well, nearly at the end of my 1st season and what an rollercoaster!!! the start was a nightmare... only managed around 3 wins in 12 in all competitions and was only a game away from the sack, then comes the unthinkable, I managed to turn it around and went on a 32 game unbeaten run (in all competitions) and stormed up to top of the league and i was 9 clear of united. only got 2 games left to play and already confirmed number 19!!!

I lost the Europa final against Madrid 6-4!!! 3-0 down clawed back to 3-3 forcing extra time, 4-3 pulled it back again 4-4 then they got 2 fluke goals and pinched it

Gerrard Hat-trick too! so i was proud of the fight we gave!

Major transfers for the season : Lukaka(7mill), Coentrao (11m), kevin, Mexes (6m), david luiz (jan 4mill) and afellay (Jan signing 5-6 mill in jan... out of contract in summer)

BIG BIG BIG news tho, Suarez and Bale have been tapped up from me and both unhappy and signing them up in the summer for 5.75mill and 6mill respectively :) :)

I couldve had suarez in jan but didnt have the money!

How is everyone going with the game?

Well done :thup:

John Henry is officially a tight arse. After winning 7 trophies in 2 seasons including 2 leagues, 2 FA Cups, Europa league & Champions League he feels my performance does not warrant an improved contract:eek:. My current contract is 58k pw.

Cheapskate.:mad:

I would almost suggest this is a little buggy. What you guys think?

I would have to say yes. i got a new contract halfway through my first season. What did you say when you asked? I don't how big of a part your reasoning plays, but tat could be why.

Back on FM after watching the first half, eh?

based on performance can i have a better contract. Along them lines.

Watching and playing. Living proof men can multi-task.

Multi-what now?

Awful game from an England perspective, the first half was like watching IRL Liverpool play against Stoke.

Try again next time you can using different reasoning. I think I said that I should get a new contract to show commitment and that the club was moving forward, or something along the lines of that anyway.

Beat the mancs 3-1 in the PL at Old Trafford. Chuffed to bits with that.

hey guys, just started my proper save with Liverpool, spent most of the time since getting the game working on tactics and training, and looking at staff etc.

currently going well, played 5 games so far and have won all 5 with the best result being a 3-0 win away at United which they only had 2 shots on target!

fixtures.png

my tactics are as follows:

tactics-2.png

my transfers look like this:

transfers-1.png

at the top of the out list there are some more releases as I got rid of a lot of useless players, and my buying policy is to buy young players with the occasional experience player as long as they don't cost too much money.

my stand out player so far has been Raul Meireles who has been in sensational form:

meireles.png

so yeah I will keep updating throughout the season

Steve Finnan? Niiiiice. I liked him at when he was with us. Solid at the back and a good cross, massively under-rated whilst he was here.

I bought Robbie Fowler back as a player/scout.

Nice result at United.

he does pretty well on the game still, not good enough for first choice but more than able back-up

Multi-what now?

Awful game from an England perspective, the first half was like watching IRL Liverpool play against Stoke.

Try again next time you can using different reasoning. I think I said that I should get a new contract to show commitment and that the club was moving forward, or something along the lines of that anyway.

Beat the mancs 3-1 in the PL at Old Trafford. Chuffed to bits with that.

Well played, will ask again in 6 months or so.

They are pretty much identical tactics to what I have been really successful with. What are your roles set as?

Gk: sweeper keeper

RB/LB: Full-Backs

CBs: Centre-backs

DM: Anchor Man

RCM: Defensive Playmaker

LCM: Advance Playmaker

RW/LW: Wingers

ST: Advanced striker

I find it to have a really good balancing with creating clear cut chances and limiting the oppositions

Gk: sweeper keeper

RB/LB: Full-Backs

CBs: Centre-backs

DM: Anchor Man

RCM: Defensive Playmaker

LCM: Advance Playmaker

RW/LW: Wingers

ST: Advanced striker

I find it to have a really good balancing with creating clear cut chances and limiting the oppositions

Ye I agree.

Mine are

GK;sweeper keeper

RB/LB;wingbacks

RCB; Center defender(defend) LCB; Ball Playing Defender(cover)

DM; Anchorman

RCM; DL.PM

LCM; Adv.PM

RW/LW; Inside fwds

ST; Advanced striker

The centre defender combo works very well.

Archived