FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started a Liverpool game up first one of FM2011. Thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. Looking for a decent left winger and central midfielder. Any recomendations?

Also who should I look to bring through the youth system?

Cheers guys

Just started a Liverpool game up first one of FM2011. Thinking of playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. Looking for a decent left winger and central midfielder. Any recomendations?

Cheers guys

You're in for a treat pal:

LW: I play Cole over there and bought Hazard for the RW. I've also bought Hamsik and am training him to play there (I use LW as an inside forward type playmaker).

CM: Hamsik is boss here too and I've also bought Moussa Sissoko. But Sissoko has only got 1 game under his belt so I cant vouch for him (yet).

The YTS at the club are brilliant- there is soooo much tallent. But keep your eyes peeled for Bouza, Irwin, Wilson, Bruna, Shelvey, Pacheco, Robinson, Suso, Silva, Morgan. With a particular eye on the bold... They could be some of the best players on the game.

Fwoar. Get in son.

Beat the mancs in the CL final in the 120th minute, bit of revenge for last season in the FA Cup final. Alongside that, won the league cup with a business as usual 3-0 win over Doncaster.

Unfortunately, i was dumped out of the FA Cup by that same Doncaster side a few weeks before. Wrapped the PL up with 3 games to spare. All in, a great second season.

Cheers guys

There are lots of good left wingers, but it depends on your budget, most people have signed Coentrao who can play anywhere down the left flank. You probably would be best using some of your budget on a striker to back up Torres. Lucas and Meireles are both good at CM and you'll probably want to give Shelvey some games there so I wouldn't spend a massive amount on an MC tbh.

The best youth players at LFC in fm11 are: Danny Wilson, Jonjo Shelvey, Dani Pacheco, Jack Robinson, Suso and Toni Silva.

In my youth intake, for the 1st time ever, I have a genuine prospect. 4* potential, could be a leading prem striker, labelled the next Alan shearer.

Then played friendly against Norwich and noticed there 'key' player was a regen keeper. Scouts say 3.5* potential. Signed now 2.5m.

Fwoar. Get in son.

Beat the mancs in the CL final in the 120th minute, bit of revenge for last season in the FA Cup final. Alongside that, won the league cup with a business as usual 3-0 win over Doncaster.

Unfortunately, i was dumped out of the FA Cup by that same Doncaster side a few weeks before. Wrapped the PL up with 3 games to spare. All in, a great second season.

Well in mate!

Khouma Babacar is the best young striker on the game for me but will cost about 10m. He progresses quickly and is definitely up to task for first team football. There's also Yaya Sanogo who would cost more like 4-5m. Wickham can be had for 2-4m but is less ready, as a backup he's probably behind N'Gog.

Ok now I's looking for a Centre forward to back up Torres, I'm thinking Connor Wickham of Ipswich because he's young and English. Any other recomendations?

Lukaku, cost me 10.5 million in season 1 but is supposed to be the next Drogba and he is a beast!

Any players I should be looking to get rid of first season? I'm thinking Babel.

So far I have signed Zeli Ismail, Sergio Araujo and Balazs Dzsudzsak. Looking into signing Kadlec now looks promising.

Thanks for help guys

Dzudzsak is a good choice for the left should do really well :) I forgot about Kadlec signed him on fm10 a few times and he looks pretty much the same as last year. Babel for sure get rid, Maxi and Kuyt are on high wages and are fairly easy to sell for decent money, but its perhaps worth keeping Kuyt to provide extra cover for Torres who will be injured often.

Any players I should be looking to get rid of first season? I'm thinking Babel.

So far I have signed Zeli Ismail, Sergio Araujo and Balazs Dzsudzsak. Looking into signing Kadlec now looks promising.

Thanks for help guys

I don't see much of a need for Kyriakos to stay. Agger, Skrtel, Carragher and Wislon are plenty of quality at CB. Agger has been immense for me and Wilson is one of the best young defenders in the game. Itandje too, he's useless. Ideally you want to off Aurelio and/or Konchesky and Poulsen as well but as they have just arrived at the club it makes it more difficult. Pires and Finnan are available on frees, as well as Gai Assulin. I unsuccessfully tried to get Finnan back, never put in for Pires and Assulin wanted wages out of my price range. Mahmadou Diarra from Madrid is usually transfer listed and available at a cut rate if you want cover for DM.

just had a most epic comeback insprired by one Fernando Torres, just back from a broken arm, came on in the 57th minute when we were 2-0 to Tottenham at White Hart Lane, then went onto to get a hat-trick, including a ridiculous lob, which was truely sublime!! went on to win 3-2! nando is just so damn good!

[video=youtube;qQb_A0DDqdk]

Hi,

What tactics do you use?

And what about training strategy and schedule?

Thanks

Alright mate. I tend to find that a 4-3-2-1 works well with Liverpool, at least for me anyways. Flat back 4, flat 3 accross the middle, closely knit, 2 wide men and a striker:

---------------------GK--------------------

FB----------CB----------CB----------FB

---------CM--------CM--------CM--------

AMR---------------------------------AML

---------------------ST--------------------

Something similar to that. Short passing, focussed down the flanks. Then it's all about fitting the positions to suit your players. When you find yourself under a lot of pressure, drop one of the central mids to defensive mid. And also take note of what your scouts say about your opposition (ie, if they struggle against high defensive line etc).

Don't know if anyone else can help you out with their tactics.

As for training schedules, I just tend to adjust them for youngsters as to where they need improved really. Nothing major.

Ok now I's looking for a Centre forward to back up Torres, I'm thinking Connor Wickham of Ipswich because he's young and English. Any other recomendations?

Well.. It's a risk but you could try doing what I've done. I used Babel for that for the first half of the season, and I'm in January now, and have just signed a transfer listed Tevez!!! You beauty!!

just had a most epic comeback insprired by one Fernando Torres, just back from a broken arm, came on in the 57th minute when we were 2-0 to Tottenham at White Hart Lane, then went onto to get a hat-trick, including a ridiculous lob, which was truely sublime!! went on to win 3-2! nando is just so damn good!

[video=youtube;qQb_A0DDqdk]

That lob was awesome!! Just like ROnaldo's last night... ONly without a greedy little pooose throwing himself at it on the line, and subsequently disallowing one of the goals of the season so far.

That lob was awesome!! Just like ROnaldo's last night... ONly without a greedy little pooose throwing himself at it on the line, and subsequently disallowing one of the goals of the season so far.

well gerrard seemed intent on stealing the glory from nando! and yeah nani is an idiot, normally i would laugh at ronaldo but as it was such a good goal i just feel sorry for him! (never thought i'd say that!!)

So I've got two games left.. next up is Spurs and the only other team with a chance of tipping me to the title is.. SPURS.

Liverpool (88 points)

Spurs (85 points)

End of season review to follow, with the League Cup and EURO Cup already back at Anfield.

Can MH win the first Premier League title for Liverpool. Aswell as the 'treble'.. Although not the best treble unfortunately! :(

Unlucky for some my 13th game of the season (9th in the league) and after some great results

V Chelsea 3-0 - League

V R.Madrid 3-0 - C League

V Blue ***** 2-0 - League

V Man City 1-0 - L Cup

V Man City 2-0 - League

I lose to W.Ham away 1-0 :mad:

Just lost in a penalty shoot out that went to the 9th man against Sunderland. They won 3-2 on penalties both teams were horrible. I had pretty much my B side out there so I wasn't expecting much. If it went to the 10th man Reina would've had to kick because Wilson got sent off earlier in the match. That would've been classic.

Just lost in a penalty shoot out that went to the 9th man against Sunderland. They won 3-2 on penalties both teams were horrible. I had pretty much my B side out there so I wasn't expecting much. If it went to the 10th man Reina would've had to kick because Wilson got sent off earlier in the match. That would've been classic.

Unlucky mate

Gerrard just scored his 100th goal for the Mighty Reds

First Season Review: Treble Winning Season

Spent alot of money in my first season rebuilding what was a pretty average squad into a world class team.

1STransfers.png

First trophy won under the new era of MH in charge, and who better to beat than the mancs! Even a former player scoring in extra time against the *****

1SLeagueCup.png

The EURO cup was won after just winning the Premiership meaning the players needed to keep calm, fortunately they did and performed in what was the game of the season in my opinion.

1SEUROCup.png

Who would of though it ey? Spurs battling all the way through and flying past the Mancs in what was a 2 horse race for the title.

1SLeagueTable.png

Season 2 has already begun and I've brought in 6 new players totaling upto 38.5M, no more signings will be made.

So he's tipped to be a quality player, the best re gen I got through my academy, you know what If only he had good;

Finishing

Strength

Positioning

Natural fitness

Then maybe I would agree.

2SAcadamyRegen.png

My first team for season 2, Aquilani and Insua are in the reserves, hoping to be sold, they won't get anywhere near the first team I'm afraid;

2SFirstTeam.png

2nd Season transfers, the future is bright ;) Some great kids for the future signed!

2STransfers.png

An absolute vital victory against Arsenal just considering my slow start to the season...

Really need to shore up the defence though, we're conceding far too much, almost half what we got last year after only 9 games.

Well done

First Season Review: Treble Winning Season

Spent alot of money in my first season rebuilding what was a pretty average squad into a world class team.

First trophy won under the new era of MH in charge, and who better to beat than the mancs! Even a former player scoring in extra time against the *****

The EURO cup was won after just winning the Premiership meaning the players needed to keep calm, fortunately they did and performed in what was the game of the season in my opinion.

Who would of though it ey? Spurs battling all the way through and flying past the Mancs in what was a 2 horse race for the title.

Season 2 has already begun and I've brought in 6 new players totaling upto 38.5M, no more signings will be made.

The best eleven of last season.

A result so beautiful for any Red to see.

1SManUtd.png

Well done :thup:

Archived