FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Just about to win the league, 10 points clear with 4 games left.

Had a little wobble earlier, after going 8 games without conceeding I lost 1-0 to Porto at home, 3-0 away to Newcastle, 2-0 away to Porto then drew 1-1 with Wolves. Ended that run with a 4-1 win over Fulham to put the title within reach.

Also suffered horrendously with suspensions, 4 consecutive matches with players sent off, and Torres fracturing his wrist, out for 5-6 weeks, in game before Porto match - which happened to be a 4-1 drumming of Everton, Torres getting all 4!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bah.. I'm scouting Simon Kjær and interacted with the board telling them that it would help me achieve my goals, blah blah.. Then my new boss (got taken over by a local buisnessman) says he'll take matters into his own hands. Makes an offer for Kjær 24 mill £!! this was for a guy who's unsettled and valued 7m £... Crazy!

Finished the first season third (worst ever result in FM games :D ), but won Europa League and FA cup. Struggled a lot, lost all away legs in Europa League, had some embarrasing results like 3:0 against WBA... For the second season got almost entirely new squad, 4th in the league after 7 games with just 7 goals scored :(

As an aside, does anyone on a Mac know how to upload screens from the game? I'd love to give you all a bit more than a load of text to look at!

To take a picture of part of your screen:

Open Grab, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

Open Grab

Choose Capture > Selection.

Move the pointer to a corner of the area you want to capture.

Drag the pointer across the area and release the mouse button.

Was 5 points clear going into January, went on a run of no win in 5 losing three and drawing two, and now after 34 games I find myself one point behind Chelsea. Going to be a tense finish to the season. Into the FA Cup Final though, where I will face Chelsea, and in the Semis of the Champions League, Real Madrid.

Anyone managed to buy Ronaldo, Messi, Ozil, Iniesta or Xavi due to the bug about big players being transfer listed for their value?

Ive only been offered Tevez although am only in Mar season 1 and thought it was a bit weird but seen as though i know its a bug now most probably wouldnt buy them although i did buy Wilshere for £5M

To take a picture of part of your screen:

Open Grab, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

Open Grab

Choose Capture > Selection.

Move the pointer to a corner of the area you want to capture.

Drag the pointer across the area and release the mouse button.

Cheers, Matt. Will upload some pictures when I get a bit further along in the season.

Alright guys, sorry I haven't been on in the last few days, I've been busy, but am back for the tonight and tomorrow =D

I've just finished the January transfer window in season two. I have some bad news and good news.

I'll start with the

Bad news

As some of you may know, Torres got injured in January of last year, and was out for the rest of the season.

Well, lightning does strike twice. Torres is injured again, against City for 3/4 months so is out again for the rest of the season. He's got 21 goals for the season. In the same match, with the same injury, Torres' substitute, Ahmed Khalil, pulled up with a Calf tear, same as Torres, 3/4 months.

Now onto the

Good news

2 days before the City game, I completed the £20,000,000 signing of Mario Balotelli, I had been tapping him up, since the summer, as he was unhappy about City missing out on European football. I was waiting for the right time to bring him in. He was still very unhappy, and I sold Menez for £13,750,000 to R.Madrid, for funds. They wanted £40,000,000 for him. I haggled and got him for £20mil :p

Is that fate, quite possibly, me getting Balotelli, then Torres gets injured.

More Good News

Top of the league, 24 played, 18 won, 6 drawn, 0 lost. I'm on a run of unbeaten games from last season too. 30 games now I think unbeaten.

16 points ahead of 4th placed Arsenal, and 18 points ahead of 5th placed Blue *****. I think I'm going to get Champions League place this year :D

Anyway quick recap of my season so far.

Thats me done.

Ciao for now

2nd season started and it has been **** so far.

3 games in

1 win 1 draw and 1 lost

I started agasint aston villa who scored in the 7th min and i proceeded to hit the bar 5 times. games end 1-0 to them

I then beat blackburn 2-1

where i head to arsenal where torres misses 3 ccs :| game ends 0-0

now i got chelsea and city in a row. yay me :(

Brief status update of my team from work!

Im at game 34, tied for first with Arsenal. Dropped out of the Euro Cup to Man City in a brutal 3-3 aggregate game. Went down 0-2 in the first leg, tied it 2-2 before the full 90, Munian put one in at 95 and then Vieira scored off a corner in 106th. Losing on away goals stinks!

I've switched to the 4-2-3-1 with the defensive midfielders pushed up into central midfield spots. General starting formation looks like this:

Torres

Maxi - Munian - Kuyt

Lucas - Gerrard

Jose Angel - Wilson - Agger - Johnson

Reina

To provide more specificity: Munian as an attacking Midfielder, Maxi / Kuyt as wingers (attack), Nando as a Complete Forward, Gerrard Box to Box and Lucas as the ball winner. Defense is relatively standard, once Jose Angel becomes a 3 star player he will be a wing back. Munian is already 3 stars for me at 18 years old, meaning I have to start him over Joe Cole. What a relief, now I can dump his salary as well!

A question for those of you who know how to develop the young stars: In between the ages of 18 - 22, what stats are the best to train up? Technical skills? Physical attributes? mental? With Munian i plan on focusing on shooting and strength so his finishing and his work rate goes up.

I get the occassional start and sub by Ignacio Camacho, Phil Jones, Victor Moses, N'Gog, Meireles and Federico Carraro. Yaya Sanogo hasn't gotten any first team experience and I plan on loaning him out for the next 6 months. Pacheco, Toni Silva, and Shelvey will probably get loaned out for 6 months to give them more experience. Ideally i'd like to play a sort of 4-2-2-2 with this team to utilize 2 strikers. I don't like watching games like the Manc Derby last night and I certainly dont want to watch my team play them in FM 11. 2 strikers, 1 target man and 1 poacher, might be the trick!

Anyone else noticing that Sammy Lee's assessment of player talent is occassionally 1/2 a star less than Laurent Viaud or Edward Macia?

But really, the problems we always thought the squad had for the past 2 years are easily fixed in FM11: Another striker to complement Torres, a left winger, a young centre back to eventually replace Carra, and Xabi Alonso replacement. My new strikers are Munian and Sanogo,, left winger Carraro, Phil Jones to partner Danny Wilson in the centre, Nacho Camacho, Meireles, and Gerrard taking turns as Alonso replacements.

Hoping to wrap up the campaign by taking the premier league! Good luck with your squads everyone.

What a ****in joke was neck and neck with Arsenal for the League then most of my squad gets big injuries and the backup players perform dreadful now i have people back am domination games yet for the last 5 games the opp keeper turns in to a ****in world class keeper and nothing gets past him and they score of there first ****en shot at goal or a free kick or a fluke goal

I was on course to won the league and with 3 games left am 2 pts off 4th what a ****en joke

Some transfer tips for the first window, after heavily experimenting.

There's a number of players with new contracts in the team that you can't really get rid of in the first window, no matter how much you'd love to (hi to you Konchesky and Jovanovic!). On to the ones you can sell:

Sotos: Mixed case. Sometimes there's tons of teams interested in him, sometimes none. If you get interest, offer him for 7.5mil, so you get bids for 4mil which is his release clause. Offering him for 4, will yeild bids of 2.8-2.9m. (all prices in euros)

Lucas: You can get 12-13m for him. Make sure you offer him for 30m so you get the maximum bid. Usually from Bayern.

Maxi: 11-12m for this one, but will most likely demand compensation to move, offer him for 22.5m.

Kuyt: 12-13m for Kuyt as well. Offer him for 30m.

Babel: Around 9m for Babel, not always guaranteed. He'll ask for compensation as well most of the time. Offer him for 15.

N'Gog: If you put him on the transfer list, Napoli is interested among others, and are always willing to exchange him directly for Hamsik, which is a pretty sweet deal.

Make sure that you set the players as not needed by the club and unavailable for loan before offering them. Otherwise you could get tons of loan offers or deals breaking by the player thinking he's still in your plans.

On average you can easily get 30-35m by getting rid of whoever you consider dead wood. You can also ask the board for more transfer money which will give you an extra 7m. Coupled with the initial 40mil, we're talking 80m+ for transfers. You can pretty much make a new Liverpool and just keep Reina, Stevie and Torres.

Some transfer tips for the first window, after heavily experimenting.

There's a number of players with new contracts in the team that you can't really get rid of in the first window, no matter how much you'd love to (hi to you Konchesky and Jovanovic!). On to the ones you can sell:

Sotos: Mixed case. Sometimes there's tons of teams interested in him, sometimes none. If you get interest, offer him for 7.5mil, so you get bids for 4mil which is his release clause. Offering him for 4, will yeild bids of 2.8-2.9m. (all prices in euros)

Lucas: You can get 12-13m for him. Make sure you offer him for 30m so you get the maximum bid. Usually from Bayern.

Maxi: 11-12m for this one, but will most likely demand compensation to move, offer him for 22.5m.

Kuyt: 12-13m for Kuyt as well. Offer him for 30m.

Babel: Around 9m for Babel, not always guaranteed. He'll ask for compensation as well most of the time. Offer him for 15.

N'Gog: If you put him on the transfer list, Napoli is interested among others, and are always willing to exchange him directly for Hamsik, which is a pretty sweet deal.

Make sure that you set the players as not needed by the club and unavailable for loan before offering them. Otherwise you could get tons of loan offers or deals breaking by the player thinking he's still in your plans.

On average you can easily get 30-35m by getting rid of whoever you consider dead wood. You can also ask the board for more transfer money which will give you an extra 7m. Coupled with the initial 40mil, we're talking 80m+ for transfers. You can pretty much make a new Liverpool and just keep Reina, Stevie and Torres.

Some nice sales there mate.

Although I'd never sell Super Dirk!

Hi lads loading up my game now :p.LFC ill send you a pm for your steam id.

Yeah I'm playing mine... under the influence of alcohol.

Good news.. I've just signed Fowler for 22K, not sure why. He's a boyhood favorite and needed him to retire a Red!

Up next.. United !!

Hi lads loading up my game now :p.LFC ill send you a pm for your steam id.

No worries mate

Umm thanks for adding me on STEAM! :p .. Whats your steam id?

You didnt tell me yours mate :p

Do you have to have your steam account online as fm runs slow with steam online as i have a ***** computer

Closing in on the big christmas games in my first season.

So far, season's been acceptable. I'm still in all competitions. 2nd in the league only a few points behind Arsenal, also in the league cup semi (against Villa), and progressed from the group in the euro league (to meet Hapoel Tel-Aviv, hello youngsters).

Torres and Gerrard are obviously the profiles, altho Eljero Elia is doing massive damage to the opponents with his silky dribbles on the left wing, while Cole is desperately attempting to do the same on the right.

I've been giving lots of playing time for the kids, Wilson, Kelly, Babacar, Robinson, Pacheco, Suso, Shelvey, Silva and Castaignos have basically been the people responsible for both league cup and EURO league success.

I've gotten rid of Konchesky and Jovanovic for pennies in the coming window - they're both heading out for £1M, which is ok I guess, none of them have any sort of future in Liverpool, and at least I don't have to pay their wages anymore.

EDIT: Just managed to skip Poulsen off for £2M, happy days! - Already got his replacement, Mahamadou Diarra is coming in on a free (!) transfer from Madrid in January.

No worries mate

You didnt tell me yours mate :p

Do you have to have your steam account online as fm runs slow with steam online as i have a ***** computer

PM'd ya now ;)

Yeah I do, and it's not to bad as long as I don't have other programs running, takes a while for the internet to load aswell. :(

Closing in on the big christmas games in my first season.

So far, season's been acceptable. I'm still in all competitions. 2nd in the league only a few points behind Arsenal, also in the league cup semi (against Villa), and progressed from the group in the euro league (to meet Hapoel Tel-Aviv, hello youngsters).

Torres and Gerrard are obviously the profiles, altho Eljero Elia is doing massive damage to the opponents with his silky dribbles on the left wing, while Cole is desperately attempting to do the same on the right.

I've been giving lots of playing time for the kids, Wilson, Kelly, Babacar, Robinson, Pacheco, Suso, Shelvey, Silva and Castaignos have basically been the people responsible for both league cup and EURO league success.

I've gotten rid of Konchesky and Jovanovic for pennies in the coming window - they're both heading out for £1M, which is ok I guess, none of them have any sort of future in Liverpool, and at least I don't have to pay their wages anymore.

Good luck with the rest of the season

PM'd ya now ;)

Yeah I do, and it's not to bad as long as I don't have other programs running, takes a while for the internet to load aswell. :(

Will add you when am getting off as i would have to quit me save to put steam back online

What crap Nandos scored 30 goals up to december & he isnt even on the short list for world player of the year.

:eek:

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool

Gerrard (10)

Rooney (38)

Plenty of yellows cards! 8 all together 5 for us; Skrtel, Johnson, Carragher, Criscito and N'Gog.

Decent result at OT tbh, United dominated the game overall but we still put in a good performance.

EDIT: Fans were slightly concernced... wtf! That's a great result!

Archived