FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

liverpoolepl.jpg

Just finished the first season and despite doing pretty bad in the cup competitions we did manage to win the league. Won quite easily as well I was a bit surprised as Torres was out for 3 months and a couple of weeks with another injury later on. Only signed Paulo Henrique and Conner Wickham for the first team also got a young GK from Birmingham called Butland for the future the coaches say he has potential to play at a similar level to Reina.

Will post up the best 11 and stuff once I get the news item and such. I have a £3.1 million deal for Srna, Shawcross for £4.9 million and David De Gea for £3.1 million.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bestes.jpg

That's the best 11 from last season, the formation worked really well over the season at least in the league need to improve in cup competitions though. Have also tied up a deal for Lavezzi as a back up for Torres as I am sure he will get injured at some point.

I finally started a game.

Players In:

Roberto Carlos

Landon Donovan

Neymar

Lukaku

Babacar

Assulin

Kevin

Players Out:

Babel

Maxi

Aurelio

Krygiakos

N'Gog

Pacheco

Four games into the season and I haven't conceded a goal in any competition, yet Reina has a 7 for his average. I conceded one to Genk in a friendly.

Playing with Torres up front with Cole and Neymar as inside forwards. Gerrard and Lucas in the middle with Poulsen behind them. Normal back four with Roberto Carlos on the left.

Just coming up to my first league match

Players in

Mathias Jorgensen £1.2m

Alex Chamberlain £1m

David Goodwille £1.3m

Stijn Wuytens £2.5m

Jo (Loan)

Bryan Ruiz £7.25m

Iker Muniain £11m

Fabio Coentrao £5m

Thorgan Hazard £3m including clauses

Kevin £2.5 including Clauses

Out

Itandje Free

Mavinga loan

t2nd.jpg

Transfers for the second season still have £25 million bank balance and a £22 million budget in case I need to get anyone else. Tried to sign Thiago Silva from Milan but his agent wanted a stupid fee for signing on and for himself so the negotiations fell apart.

I'm amazed at just how easy the new FM is. I have partaken in a good part of my season, the point of it was simply to trail and error a tactic, and I've got a 100% win rate after about 20 games, have played Mancs / Chelsea / Tottenham too. Gona trial my tactic until the end of the season, then test it in Spain / Italy.

Players In:

Roberto Carlos

Landon Donovan

Neymar

Lukaku

Babacar

Assulin

Kevin

Players Out:

Babel

Maxi

Aurelio

Krygiakos

N'Gog

Pacheco

Four games into the season and I haven't conceded a goal in any competition, yet Reina has a 7 for his average. I conceded one to Genk in a friendly.

Playing with Torres up front with Cole and Neymar as inside forwards. Gerrard and Lucas in the middle with Poulsen behind them. Normal back four with Roberto Carlos on the left.

Goalies match ratings always seem to be under rated in this game. I've seen Reina make a bunch of brilliant saves and have a clean sheet and he'll get a 6.9. I really don't pay much to attention to his ratin only what I see him do.

My 2nd season transfers

fm2011transfers.jpg

Im happy with Llorentes signing playing 4-4-2 to see the 2 Fernandos play next to each other im happy with all the players i signed hoping it will return me

to champions league football which im used to funny im playing in the europa league.

Transfers for the second season still have £25 million bank balance and a £22 million budget in case I need to get anyone else. Tried to sign Thiago Silva from Milan but his agent wanted a stupid fee for signing on and for himself so the negotiations fell apart.

Srna for 3.1m nice :D

Players In:

Roberto Carlos

Landon Donovan

Neymar

Lukaku

Babacar

Assulin

Kevin

Players Out:

Babel

Maxi

Aurelio

Krygiakos

N'Gog

Pacheco

Where are you playing Donovan and how is he doing?

Hiya, thought I'd join the fun. As a long-time (mid-80s) supporter and a long-time player of this wonderful game series, obviously I had to start a Liverpool game as my first real game.

I went somewhat nuts in the initial transfer window, going straight for youth that will hopefully remain at the club for many years onwards, also making good use of the 48-month trick to get the most out of it.

Bought:

Fabio Coentrao, 5,25M

Claudio Marchisio, 12,25M

Mateo Musacchio, 16,5M

Eljero Elia, 14,75M

Khouma Babacar, 12,25M

Alex Smithies, 1M

Luc Castaignos, 2M

Robbie Fowler, 35K (who could say no..)

Steve Finnan, free (decent backup for Johnson for a year or so, and it's Finnan, he's Irish, and we need an Irishman to win the league)

Sold off:

Bruna, 110k

The greek, 1,4M

Ryan Babel, 5,75M

Spearing, 1,7M

N'Gog, 4,2M

Mavinga, 65K

Itandje, free

Brouwer, free

lots of other kids, free

All prices in UK Pound Sterling.

Also hired Di Salvo as assistant manager and got Gerrard and Carragher as coaches.

I'm playing the typical 4-2-3-1, with Reina - Johnson/Finnan, Agger/Wilson, Skrtel/Musacchio/Carragher, Contreao/Aurelio - Lucas/Poulsen, Marchisio/Meireles - Kuyt/Maxi, Gerrard/Castaignos/Shelvey/Pacheco, Cole/Elia - Torres/Jovanovic/Babacar.

I will most likely be looking to offload deadweight soon, and I feel like a **** for leaving Carra to be fifth choice, but meh, he'll get some playing time I'm sure.

Completely agree - Reina has been pivotal to my success in the games I experiment with youth, his contributions are invaluable.

Had to reboot and then couldnt sign Bale with my restart :(

Decided not to buy anyone and then see what happens in January - I'm in December again and I've earmarked all the usual suspects to sell on so I'm interested to see what offers come my way in January.

Just had Eccleston score a goal in the league cup (tap in!) & Pacheco has a couple but in this game I've almost always gone with the strongest XI available to me on the day.

Meireles out for 2months & Aurelio in and out of treatment room - Torres only had a 3 weeker so far and the team is 3 off Man U.

Gerrard 15goals 7 assists in 20......... is there a press conference where they ask you - Do you think you are a 1 man team? :D

End of season- FINALLY.

Finished the season with first. Although the actual statistics show a different story- I won the league with 3 games to go and so for the final 3 I gave my reserves a run out- thus why I lost 3 of the 2 and conceded 6 goals. As you can see though, I scored the most goals so it's all good- I just need to shore up on my defence. Domestically, I was knocked out of the League Cup by Everton, 2-0. That hurt. Knocked out of the FA Cup by City in the Semi-Finals, eventually losing 3-2 on penalties.

In europe, I was knocked out of the Europa League by Schalke, losing 1-1- on away goals- they eventually went to win on penalties against City.

So all in all, a decent enough season with lots to improve on. In terms of signings, Vidal was by far the most valuable, followed by Turan who was injured for a fair chunk of the season. Coentrao has been, in fairness, a disappointment- I actually found myself playing Aurelio in bigger games.

It's going to be a big pre-season. I need to remove all the 'dead wood' (although I'll have to think long and hard about Babel, who came second in the Young Player of the Year Award whilst under the stewardship of Avram at West Ham!) and I specifically need to improve my training- it's good enough, but the coaches aren't. I also need to build for the future, so depending on how much I get to spend I'll be buying a fair few young'uns.

A couple of screenshots;

leaguetable.jpg

playerstatsendofseason.jpg

Steven Gerrard hey? I walked away with Manager of the Year having won the monthly award on 6 different occasions, Torres with the Players Player of the Year and Gerrard with the Footballer of the Year award.

Where did you get the crests? I've been looking all over this forum for those.

The thing that I cant wrap my head around is Torres. Now, I know I dont play the players around him wrong because he comes to between 3-5 1on1s each game. And with 1on1 with the keeper I mean he is good past the defence and got good space and time for himself. But he have just score 5 goals in 27 starts. Tryed him as several roles as striker to try and sort it out and nothing works really. And he isnt under any pressure at all when he gets most of those chances, he either hit the goal keeper or he misses the target.

Dont know if anyone els is experiencing that?

I see you guys got him scoring, how do you play him? as support or attack? and what role?

I am doing well, other than that, the rest of the team are scoring so I am winning, but would like to see Torres scoring a few more of those 1on1 chances. playing 4-2-3-1, with wide wings.

The thing that I cant wrap my head around is Torres. Now, I know I dont play the players around him wrong because he comes to between 3-5 1on1s each game. And with 1on1 with the keeper I mean he is good past the defence and got good space and time for himself. But he have just score 5 goals in 27 starts. Tryed him as several roles as striker to try and sort it out and nothing works really. And he isnt under any pressure at all when he gets most of those chances, he either hit the goal keeper or he misses the target.

Dont know if anyone els is experiencing that?

I see you guys got him scoring, how do you play him? as support or attack? and what role?

I am doing well, other than that, the rest of the team are scoring so I am winning, but would like to see Torres scoring a few more of those 1on1 chances. playing 4-2-3-1, with wide wings.

I play him as a poacher & to feet in team settings.

Has anyone had any joy with getting a feeder club yet?

Also - I asked the board for a new stadium way too early in my last save - is anyone far enough along where they have received a more positive response rather than a flat out refusal?

Ngog wants 52k a week now or he is sulking - maybe I shouldnt be playing him in the games where he is almost certain to score!! 95% of my goals seem to come from the Striker and AMC position only. I have only got 1 Skrtel goal and then a few from Kuyt at AMR - Cole/Jovanovic don't add much. I guess like IRL - Gerrard & Torres now have an insanely high % of the clubs goals and assists.

Hey Guys Finally got round to buying the game and started my liverpool save last night!!

Spent a good few solid hours clearing out rubbish backroom staff and getting a training regime together for both 1st team and youth. (i have no experience of this so it really could go tits up lol!)

OUTS:

Babel - loan - B. Munich

Konchesky - loan - Villa

INS:

E. Hazard - 16.75m

T. Hazard - 1.8m

Kevin - 2m

Coentrao - 7.75m

A.Chamberlain - 575k

Just played 1st league game which ended in a poor 0-0 away at West ham. Should have won but an unfit torres could only make the bench and Ngog missed a few golden chances. Still in the Market for a striker and possibly CM. Im playing a 4-3-3 so could use an extra option in midfield.

Will update soon once I make it to the end of transfer window so i have a better idea about my team!

ok so im almost at the start of the 2nd season :)

just won the community shield over sunderland who are very good in my game.

In the transfer department so far i have signed sakho and ganso for alot of money after recently changing my formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3.... hopefully the new formation / tactics prove to be as effective as my old ones but we will see. I still have a fair few players i want to move on but i just cant get rid of them. Babel and konchesky are the main culprits :(

anyway back to playing

Hey guys,

I have trawled away trying to get my own tactic to work, and had no sustained success. Does anyone have a 4-2-3-1 I could test? With wingers and an AMC or just a tactic that seems to suit Liverpool and works!

I am in Season 1 nearing the end and I'm 5th. I have added Coentrao, Ruiz, and Elia to the default squad.

Any help much appreciated.

Bit of a Johnny-come-lately here. Had some epic saves last year with Leeds, Leicester, Man City (eventually got too easy I reckon) and Southampton. I've finally decided to start a Liverpool save as it appears we've got some money to spend this time around! I've been trolling around this thread as a spectator for a while, getting some great ideas in the process.

Anyways, as per usual, I over-hauled the club significantly upon taking over. Lots of staff members were given the axe. Not that our backroom set up was particularly bad, but I always try to assemble the best coaching and scouting team possible. Our physios in particular were awful - brought in Marco Frigerio; probably the best physio in the game, and available for free at the beginning. Also replaced Sammy Lee with Valter Di Salvo. Felt bad getting rid of Sammy, as he's been a wonderful servant to the club, but Di Salvo really is top class, and will hopefully be around as my assistant for years to come.

As for transfers, I've been bringing in the usual names: Coentrao, Lukaku, Paulo Henrique, etc. Also managed to bring in Giuliano, Serge Aurier, Iker Muniain and Moussa Sissoko. Really trying to concentrate on youth. I figured I'd spend a lot in the first window and set myself up for the next few years. Hopefully in the future the money can be put towards the new stadium. Also managed to get rid of some dead wood: Kyrgiakos, Lucas (surprisingly decent on FM, but couldn't say no to £7.5 million from CSKA), Babel, and N'Gog. The fans were absolutely livid when I sold N'Gog. Strange.

Only just started the season, but so far, the results have been promising - breezed through Europa qualifiers. And, much to my delight, a 3-0 win at home to Chelsea on opening day! Debut goals from Giuliano and Ganso. Can't ask for anything more!

As an aside, does anyone on a Mac know how to upload screens from the game? I'd love to give you all a bit more than a load of text to look at!

Archived