Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read through this thread & played 10 games or so on the new patch (I'm a busy dude so don't get much FM time anymore) I thought I'd leave my feed back:

Re: The Injuries - I'm not noticing massive amounts of injuries, one or two here or there, I think the most I've had at one time was maybe 4 or 5 (on all patches over 3 seasons)

I've read the SI staff mentioning they try to replicate the number of injuries in real life & even tone it down a little. If you read the team news each week IRL teams do have injuries & it's rare nowadays for a player to go a whole season without picking up an injury

I don't touch the training (which I need to really) & never run my players into the ground. If their fitness drops below 70% I sub them off & if it's not higher than 95% to start off with they don't play in most cases

I'm liking the tweaked ME, seems much more realistic, a few things I've noticed:

Just note I'm playing a simple 4-4-2 system

-I'm scoring more headers

-Wingers seem much more effective & dangerous

-More long range goals, from my team & the IE

-Higher scoring games

-No Super Keeper

All these points I like BTW :)

One thing I have noticed & I'll look into over the weekend is my defence seem to overlap my midfield at times. My full backs will be ahead of my wingers or sometimes a centre back will be floating around in midfield even with appropriate looking mentalities, but like I say, I'll check this out tonight

Overall, I'm happy - injuries seem fine & I'm noticing no major "buggzz"

What is it with this game and red cards? Every time the opposite team get a red card, they play like gods. My last game went from 0-0 to a 0-3 loss for me after a red card in the 65:th minute for the opposite team. Is that really realistic?

AI teams tend to sit back and hit you on counter when one of their player gets sent off. Furthermore, human opponents tend to over attack which gives the AI to hit you more on counter which they do it more effectively than their human counterparts. But I agree, I've seen them play a perfect game almost every time they go a man down which SI needs to have a look at IMO.

HAve played around 4 seasons now on this patch, and to be honest I'm happy with it. Haven't noticed any of the issues that are most commonly being discussed here. As far as the injuries go, I actually think its pretty realistic. I doubt many matches pass without a knock or two occurring, and in 4 seasons I've probably only had 2 really serious injuries. I notice that injury prone player get injured more regularly but perhaps not long term. Only once have I been hit with a serious number of players out long term, I think I had around 7/8 first teamers injured, but this does happen in real life!

Go into your preferences and make sure "run as server" is ticked. When my game updated from 10.2 to 10.3 it unticked this box and others couldnt find the game.

The box is ticked and the ip adress is shown under game status, but they cant connect too my server???

Hi people !

Using patch 10.3, I have some "problems" with player's ratings after every game. I tried to look after similar problems but I guess I'm the only one concerned ! The fact is that my defensive players are struggling and are given poor ratings, about 6.8, when they're played a good game. They're given more just when they scored or made a decisive pass. And that's kinda similar for offensive players, except those who can score regularly or make decisive actions.

So, what's the point ? Is that the "Fine tuned ratings by position" results ? Or am I using a poor tactic ? Even if I tried several teams and tactics, nothing can be done about those damn ratings. Never had such problems with 10.2... So, is that normal or is there a bug ? Thanks for any help (or answer at least =)) !

AI teams tend to sit back and hit you on counter when one of their player gets sent off. Furthermore, human opponents tend to over attack which gives the AI to hit you more on counter which they do it more effectively than their human counterparts. But I agree, I've seen them play a perfect game almost every time they go a man down which SI needs to have a look at IMO.

Agreed. They play a narrow formation 4-3-2 (3=cm) and get loads of players behind the ball. With crossing being useless and long shots going in seldomly it = very difficult to score.

Still nobody who can figure out why I receive this error message every time when trying to install patch 3:

"Error creating update fil - C.\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\date\sigfx\meshes\stadium\20-30,000\c\concrete_block_shader.png

Error 0x000004C8 - The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."

No folders are open or in use or anything. The disc is not in the drive and the game is not open.

Just so irritated - if nobody can help, I guess I'm stuck with playing a game that crashes all the time (not that I'm even remotely sure that this last patch will help anything, but I'd sure like to give it a go).

Please help..

Personally it seems like my teams get somewhat less goals from set pieces and get less penalties (7 penalties with a team in last patch in a season of 38 games, now in 43 games with this patch a total of 2 penalties) and the number of cases of both serious injuries in games and flu - it sidelined my best goalkeeper in August, when before I had it only in January and February basically - to my players seems to have increased.

My problems are i am constantly getting my players injured by teammates every week in training

At least 2 a week and usually by the same player

2) It rains during the match for at least 40 games of a 48 game season no matter which country i manage a team in

3) My player crosses the ball or takes a corner the defender heads it away and EVERY time one of my other players will run after it and kick it straight into touch over the side line

4) It needs changing so that the defender does not constantly just let the ball run out of play whenever they are not under pressure often losing the chance of keeping the pressure on the opposition rather than just to take a throw in

5) Substituting the corner taker just as he is about to take a corner often ends up with his replacement taking the corner from the halfway line

6) I know scoring goals is important BUT why does a player who scores a goal but plays crap the rest of the match get MOTM rather than someone who has played well all game. Every single game i have played the MOTM is always someone who has scored

7) Some of my players who have never put a foot wrong all game get crap ratings EVERY game week after week while others who have scored own goals and not made a single tackle or pass get good ratings ( how do they work out the ratings)

8) I regularly have get told my winger has been outstanding despite having been subbed before 60 minutes are up because he hasnt made a single pass to his own team mates or gone past a defender and crossed the darn ball

9) Goalies continually miss the ball when it is crossed and then the message pops up its a defenders fault that the opposition scored when they were no where near the ruddy thing and were nothing to do with it

10) Finally whats the point of non stop messages all season saying so and so will be leaving such and such a club or wont have his contract renewed and you are favourite to replace him at that team when they NEVER actually do leave . Plus it often says nothing has been heard from your club when there is nothing to click on that message to say you either are or are not interested in going there as manager if it happened . IE i am constantly told (EVERY season) the R Madrid and Barcelona managers are leaving but they have both been at their clubs now for all the 9 seasons i have played through

11) . Just remembered this one . Its about time they sorted out how long it takes to give an offside . It often is never given until the player has run half the length of the pitch and had a shot instead of when it happens

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived