FMS FM Thread - Traditional Play

Terk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gav, HOW have you had the staying power to play that save thru 2061???

And on a related note, may I check up on the following:

Newcastle United, Leeds United, USA National Team, AC Milan, Wrexham, Hampton and Richmond Borough, Marseille, and have any real dark horses won the CL or World Cup?

Gav, HOW have you had the staying power to play that save thru 2061???

And on a related note, may I check up on the following:

Newcastle United, Leeds United, USA National Team, AC Milan, Wrexham, Hampton and Richmond Borough, Marseille, and have any real dark horses won the CL or World Cup?

2065 now :D

Newcastle are currently the fourth richest club in the world, behind Barcelona, Liverpool and Real Madrid. They won for 7 years running between 2032 and 2038, winning it a further six times after that period, (2053, 2056, 2057, 2061, 2062 and 2063). Won the FA Cup just twice on this game in 2037 and 2040. Won the Carling Cup four times, Community Shield nine times and Champions League six times. Won the FIFA Club World Championships six times, as well as four UEFA Super Cups. Haven't left the Premiership since the start.

Leeds United - Currently in Premiership, but yet to win it. Have won nothing major, but picked up two Johnstone's Paint Trophies in 2010 and 2032. Dropped down to League Two, but never been lower.

USA - World Cup Runners up in 2010. Won the Gold Cup 7 times. Copa America runners up in 2007 and 2035. Won the Confederations Cup in 2013.

AC Milan - Haven't won the Champions League since the game started, and I don't have the leagues running. Won the UEFA Cup in 2051 and 2053. Won Super Cup in 2053.

Wrexham - Been in Premiership a few times. Currently in Coca Cola Championship. Not actually won a trophy, bar the league titles.

Hampton & Richmond - Done nothing. Never made it above Conference Regionals, and currently not in active league.

Marseille - Nont running leagues, but not won any CL or UEFA Cups.

World Cup - Switzerland won the World Cup in 2022. Scotland (SHOCK) won it in 2054, but other than that, all normal winners.

Champions League - Ipswich (2053) and Middlesbrough (2056) are the most shocking winners. Mainly just the normal any other time.

:) These 2061 updates never fail to amuse me.

Wester Super Mare in the Blue Square Prem update - P15 W2 D5 L8 PTS 11. I'm struggling mainly due to injuries and lack of fitness, but I'm miraculously still above the drop-line on goal difference. I'd settle for staying up this season. I've just today turned down the manager's job at Oxford, who are fourth bottom just below me.

:) These 2061 updates never fail to amuse me.

Wester Super Mare in the Blue Square Prem update - P15 W2 D5 L8 PTS 11. I'm struggling mainly due to injuries and lack of fitness, but I'm miraculously still above the drop-line on goal difference. I'd settle for staying up this season. I've just today turned down the manager's job at Oxford, who are fourth bottom just below me.

Well im with Stocksbridge and I got them promoted into blue square north in first season. I'm in the second season and i've just turned down the Leicester job or are in the Championship :cool:

2065 now :D

Newcastle are currently the fourth richest club in the world, behind Barcelona, Liverpool and Real Madrid. They won for 7 years running between 2032 and 2038, winning it a further six times after that period, (2053, 2056, 2057, 2061, 2062 and 2063). Won the FA Cup just twice on this game in 2037 and 2040. Won the Carling Cup four times, Community Shield nine times and Champions League six times. Won the FIFA Club World Championships six times, as well as four UEFA Super Cups. Haven't left the Premiership since the start.

Leeds United - Currently in Premiership, but yet to win it. Have won nothing major, but picked up two Johnstone's Paint Trophies in 2010 and 2032. Dropped down to League Two, but never been lower.

USA - World Cup Runners up in 2010. Won the Gold Cup 7 times. Copa America runners up in 2007 and 2035. Won the Confederations Cup in 2013.

AC Milan - Haven't won the Champions League since the game started, and I don't have the leagues running. Won the UEFA Cup in 2051 and 2053. Won Super Cup in 2053.

Wrexham - Been in Premiership a few times. Currently in Coca Cola Championship. Not actually won a trophy, bar the league titles.

Hampton & Richmond - Done nothing. Never made it above Conference Regionals, and currently not in active league.

Marseille - Nont running leagues, but not won any CL or UEFA Cups.

World Cup - Switzerland won the World Cup in 2022. Scotland (SHOCK) won it in 2054, but other than that, all normal winners.

Champions League - Ipswich (2053) and Middlesbrough (2056) are the most shocking winners. Mainly just the normal any other time.

Go Magpies!

A few unbelievable stats: Wrexham made the Premiership?! Love the Dragons for that. Also, Switzerland and Scotland winning WC is shocking, but more shocking is USA being runners-up in 2010 and not getting any better after that. I expected a win or at least the better showing to be later. And Ipswich and Boro? Ipswich got that good in the Prem? Good for them.

What clubs have you actually managed in that save? I'm sorry, I'm enthralled by this. The furthest into a save I've ever gone is like 2014 or 2015 in FM08.

Go Magpies!

A few unbelievable stats: Wrexham made the Premiership?! Love the Dragons for that. Also, Switzerland and Scotland winning WC is shocking, but more shocking is USA being runners-up in 2010 and not getting any better after that. I expected a win or at least the better showing to be later. And Ipswich and Boro? Ipswich got that good in the Prem? Good for them.

What clubs have you actually managed in that save? I'm sorry, I'm enthralled by this. The furthest into a save I've ever gone is like 2014 or 2015 in FM08.

Heres come the list :eek:

Khimik Svetlogorsk 2006-2007 (Promotion)

Southampton 2007-2008 (Promotion)

Port Vale 2008-2009 (Survived relegation)

Arsenal 2010-2015 (3 Champions Leagues, 2 Premiership Titles)

Birmingham 2015-2017 (Two 8th place finishes in Premiership)

Sunderland 2017-2018 (8th place Premiership finish)

Grimsby 2018-2021 (12th, 9th, 14th place finishes in League Two)

Rangers 2021-2022 (4th place finish)

Man Utd 2022-2023 (UEFA Cup success but relegated from Premiership)

Preston 2023-2028 (10th place Championship finish, Promotion to Premiership, Relegated from Premiership, 10th place Championship finish, Promotion to Premiership)

Newcastle 2028-2029 (4th place Premiership finish, Carling Cup runners up)

Tamworth 2029-2030 (7th place finish in Blue Square South)

Portsmouth 2030-2033 (6th place finish in Conference National, Playoff winners in Conference National, Promotion from League Two)

Darida 2033-2038 (4 Domestic titles, 2 Belarusian Cups, 2 UEFA Cups)

Keflavik 2040-2041 (Icelandic Cup runners up)

Birmingham 2042-2047 (Promoted from League One, 9th in Championship, 7th in Championship, Promoted to Premiership via playoffs, Relegated from Premiership)

Mozyr 2050-2053 (Relegated from Vyshayya Liga, 5th in First League, 4th in First League)

Burton 2058-2059 (16th place finish in Conference National)

Hearts 2060-2062 (two 4th place finishes in Scottish Premiership)

Gomel 2062-2064 (11th place finish in Vyshayya liga, Champions of Vyshayya Liga)

Bristol Rovers 2064-Present Day (Relegated from League One, currently top of League Two)

International:

USA 2013-2016 (Confederations Cup runners up)

England 2020-2022 (World Cup 2nd round)

England Under 21's 2022-2024

Russia 2026-2028 (World Cup 2nd round)

The Premiership has changed alot, with such sides as Grays Athletic, Oldham, Yeovil and Rushden making a go of it and surviving there. Four sides (Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle and Villa) are the only sides NOT to be relegated from the Premiership at all. It's really interesting when looking around.

Gav, are those all as the same manager? Because it seems like you're bouncing around competition levels pretty randomly. I feel like once you're hired by a prem club, you aren't likely to move down to the Blue Square straight afterward. The only way I see that making sense is if you add a new manager and retire the other one.

Gav, are those all as the same manager? Because it seems like you're bouncing around competition levels pretty randomly. I feel like once you're hired by a prem club, you aren't likely to move down to the Blue Square straight afterward. The only way I see that making sense is if you add a new manager and retire the other one.

They're all as the same manager :) (I've followed Gav's progress since 2034 :D)

It's basically just trying to find a new challenge.

Using FM10 can I create a league and teams, but no players, set rep etc and will it then automatically generate players for each team? Or would I have to create all the players?

I think it will generate them but best asking in the editors place.

Using FM10 can I create a league and teams, but no players, set rep etc and will it then automatically generate players for each team? Or would I have to create all the players?

IT will, but I'm not sure they'll be any good. Why not try it?

I wonder if selecting a fake player database when starting the game would take care of that...
IT will, but I'm not sure they'll be any good. Why not try it?

It did generate the players, but mostly youth players and no real quality, even with real players not ticked.

Strange, maybe you should go report it as a bug, but make sure you do so by posting a whiney rant in GD rather than a contructive post in the bugs forum :D

In seriousness I don't know what else to tell you, maybe a quick ask in the editors forum?

Me and Gav have just started an online game.

Gav - Northwich

Myself - Corby Town.

Two massive clubs go head to head in the Blue Square Premier North!

Any updates?

Had a big win today in my debut Blue Square Premier campaign - Torquay 1 Wester Super Mare 2

Updated record - P17 W3 D5 L9 PTS14 (outside relegation zone on goal difference again)

Any updates?

Had a big win today in my debut Blue Square Premier campaign - Torquay 1 Wester Super Mare 2

Updated record - P17 W3 D5 L9 PTS14 (outside relegation zone on goal difference again)

Good win, to be fair though, if you stay up on goals scored, that's a good achievement :)

Ermmm, well Gav starts off with -10, I think he's played 5, won 4, Lost 1.

I've played 5, won 3, lost 2. I think I'm 5th and Gav in the relegation zone. So it's going okay for both of us really, think both of us are targetting play-off's.

Also got another game, Nottingham Forest. Really enjoying this one, Won my last 3, drew and lost my first two games and beat Derby 2-0 (Rivals...) playing some great football and team currently is:

Camp

Gunter

Clark (On loan from Villa)

Dickoh (Signed)

Mills (Left back from Southampton)

Anderson

McGugan

Cohen

Bannan (On loan from Villa)

Gallagher/Majewski (Gallagher in a deep lying forward OR Majewski in attacking midfield role)

Earnsahw/McGoldrick.

I felt like clowning up some sh*tty teams in FM09 so I edited a database for Newport County to have a sugar daddy, enormous amounts of cash, and a new stadium. Then I created several very Welsh 16 year-olds with 200 PA's and CA's high enough to warrant starting places. I'm 5 games into the season now, and not only am I unbeaten, I've won every match and haven't conceded a single goal. Certain highlights of this save include:

Excessively Welsh names: Dyvynarth Cadwalader (AMC), Eoin Dyfnallt (D/WBR), Cedric Rheinallt (DRLC), Aeron Llewellyn (GK), Maddock Brooks (FC), Deiniol Weaver (AM RL)

The singular Englishman: Duncan Edwards (do-it-all box-to-box defensive midfielder with a cannon foot, appropriately)

Llewellyn is 6'11" tall, Rheinallt is 6'7" tall, and Brooks is 6'5" tall. Keep in mind they're 16.

By far, though, the most amazing thing I've managed to do is sign one Chris McCann, a WB/DM/M/AM L from Burnley who is easily good enough to make it in the Championship. But for whatever reason he decided to sign with me. Between him and the signing of Jack Ainsley (17-year AML who could eat League 2 for breakfast), I've got the single most unstoppable squad ever assembled for the Blue Square South. The trick now is to see how long I can hold onto everyone, and see if I can make it a promotion every season until the Prem.

Long Term goals: Literally raise the Welsh National Team out of my youth academy (oh, I bumped training facilities and youth facilities to maximum as well); manage to keep hold of the little wonderkids I've created.

Thoughts? And does anyone else think its as ridiculous as I do that I signed Chris McCann?

In an attempt to guard against that, I made them intensely loyal and marked favorite club as Newport County and favorite personnel as my fictional chairman. Might be able to scrape a couple seasons before I'm forced to sell up for 100s of millions of pounds :)

In an attempt to guard against that, I made them intensely loyal and marked favorite club as Newport County and favorite personnel as my fictional chairman. Might be able to scrape a couple seasons before I'm forced to sell up for 100s of millions of pounds :)

Not such a bad thing after all! Best of luck with it, Steve. You might just revamp the future of Welsh football. From Newport... ;)

I'd prefer a "stop charging at the midfielder, who is 25 yards out, and leaving a man free for said midfielder to pass to and said man to score easy one on one, despite assigning man marking", shout.

I'm unable to any serious typing atm, due to arm, limited to left hand, so I decided to give the GHC another go, using FM10. Enjoying it so far, but it's incredibly difficlt to get decent players to sign for a Dutch team.

When it hits 81 minutes and you're 1-0 up away from home, no injuries, you think it's ok to make three subs to make sure your team's condition is tip top.....then your left back gets injured and on 88 the player he would have been marking is being marked by a rw and has an easy header to equalise :( Say no to three subs kids.

It's amazing how FM seems to be the only game that can frustrate and delight me in equal measure.

Playing as Sunderland, playoff semi final against Wolves. 2-0 up on aggregrate with 45 mins to go.

What happens next? Yes, we let in three goals to lose the tie. :mad:

All that hard work during the season down the drain.

:mad::mad::mad:

13 matches into the season, Still unbeaten, 12 wins and 1 draw. We've scored 41 goals and only conceded 7. Goalscoring is a team effort, evidenced by the fact that my highest scorers are something like 7th and 8th in the league leaderboard.

And the only black mark? Losing at home to the 20th placed team in the BSN in the first round of the conference league cup. Expected to make the semifinal. My job status went from secure to UNSTABLE. WE'RE 12-1-0. GOAL DIFFERENCE +34. 12 POINTS CLEAR AT THE TOP. And my job is not secure.

I didn't realize when I created the chairman that I gave him the personality of the average Newcastle fan...

23 matches in, only allowed 6 goals in league play. So far THREE SEPARATE PLAYERS have scored directly from corners, and have actually threatened it even more often. We're laughing teams off the pitch even at their home ground. 22-1-0. Silly.

My original plan was to wait on trying any new stories until A) the Chimney Charlie story is at least in midseason and/or B) I get FM10. But I might just have to do a match report-style story about this Newport County squad.

I see a lot of people with the African leagues on FM10, does anyone have any links because I can't find them in the editors section? Thanks in advance.

Well, there's this, which looks more like a giant player and team update than new competitions, but would be useful anyway. I seem to recall that somewhere in the discussion inside they talked about adding leagues (like Cameroon), maybe there are some pointers there.

There are also a few listed here (Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Gabon and Egypt, at least).

Who decided to pay Jailbird Barton £75,000 per week? Finding someone willing to take him on is going to be a nightmare.

FM does a good job of keeping him out of jail, so he might well be worth it. Although in 08, I couldn't stop him from getting red carded every other match...

Archived