kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V2 is much better for weaker teams, my results have improved a lot. Haven't tested with a big club yet (well, only one or two games with uber-legends-database-Napoli :p). I'm kinda confused though, since some people say that OI are important, why others state that they aren't :/

My only problem with the tactic is that it doesnt make Real Madrid lose enough games when I am playing in the Spanish league.

I plyed as Barcelona and finished the season with 80+ points but Real Madrid Won 33 games and drew the other fice meaning I still finished behind them anyway. Obviously if I had beaten them in both games it would have made a small difference but they had an unreal season.

All told as long as the personnel are there to support it this tactic will be pretty amazing.

Agree with your conclusion Morning Glory, with Spurs (Std Spurs side) took Chelsea apart at Home 6-0 but lost away Man City 4-1

Holiday test (non standard Spurs side) won PL 90pts F 104 A 44

Crazy but good tactic, may be very useful as a "424" get a goal tactic.

just to throw a spanner in the works.those of you who are mid table teams im qpr and have a fairly average team in season 4 my 2nd in the prem.i also gave my aml and amr free roles.then i put my time wasting all the way back to none. but most of all my best tweak is no oppo inst but instead closing down of twenty on all of my back four!!! give it a go those of you who are struggling.i won my last 7 games of last season in a row. this season i have just played liverpool away and won 2-1 and had a goal disallowed.see if it works for you?

I think that opposition instructions are vital, in tandem with any tactics set, for long term success. teeyougee's posts in this thread, with his amazing run, albeit with Arsenal, are proof enough.

This tactic intrigues me greatly. Certainly the shape and the setup, so I'm having a look at it with a few teams.

any tips on how we can improve this at the back ive tried closing down full on the back four doesn`t seem to work,plus the OI dont seem to help.i think tihs a tactic with fantastic potential so lets try and sought out the defence

Originally posted by kroshot:

any tips on how we can improve this at the back ive tried closing down full on the back four doesn`t seem to work,plus the OI dont seem to help.i think tihs a tactic with fantastic potential so lets try and sought out the defence

I havnt touched anything yet but what happens if you leave one your dmc's back or deepen the defensive line?

I'm also Arsenal in my first year, squad is unchanged except for some Brazilian kid I brought is ans an AMC. My defence is pretty good, I conceded 21 in 25 games in the league so far. Scored 85 icon_smile.gif

I must say this tactic is quite hilarious. I won 7-0 at Stamford Bridge and 6-2 at Old Trafford (with Djourou and Nordveit as my centre backs). It's standard v2 except I gave the AMCs lots of creative freedom.

I guess it doens't need much tweaking for big teams... Haven't tried with a smaller team yet.

Originally posted by markis_mcghee:

Kim what is your first language I'm struggling to understand some of this and have a question?

Bahasa Indonesia is my first language, if you have any question, please...i'll do my best to answer tour question.

Originally posted by neilb242:

What pitch dimensions do you people who are having success with this tactic use?

i'm developing this tactic at 102mx65m pitch dimension

i think pitch dimension effecting the effectiveness of all tactics, thats make sense why this tactic is not working in all match, especially the very narrow/wide or very short/long pitch dimension.

if the pitch have a 60-62m wide, take -2 or -3 ticks on team instr width will make alot of difference

but if the pitch is wider than 65m, dont change the default width

honestly, i haven't alot of time playing this beautiful game, of course haven't alot of time to test this tactic too... icon_frown.gif

so im not sure about alot of thing,

like how to tweak it (passing style, defensive line) on very long pitch...

what kind of player will work best for each position...

all of your feedback (very detail) will make this tactic working better... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by IMT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

Still winning loads with version 2, but defensively I have become ...WORSE...especially away from home (which I cannot win now, whereas I was amazing away with version 1) am going to try a few games home with version 2 and switching to version 1 away.

My defence all have good stats, and I have Enyeama in goal I think the poor clean sheet ratio and goals conceeded is more to do with patch 8.0.2 than who you have in goal to be honest.

Clean sheets are rare TBH but as long as I win I'm not too bothered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true mate, but takes the gloss off when you're 2-0 or 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go, and then bang you lose your clean sheet, but yes 3 points is the king, and with this tactic I'm getting them aplenty... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi IMT,

I know what you mean...winning is everything, but I also like to try and get as many clean sheets as possible.

What I have found to be rather effective at keeping your lead is at around the 75 min mark:

1. Depending on how much "pressure" my backline is on I place my mentality on either 6 or 8

2. I remove a well performing AMC (usually the middle one (this may involve moving players around)) into a CB position and sub them.

3. I occassionally tick "counter attack".

Of course this does involve tweaking...

However people need to realise that even putting in Opp. Instructions is tweaking.

This is a great tactic, and I've used the principles of it (along with others I've found on the forum) to help amend my own. The worst thing people can do, in my opinion, is to load the tactic up and not understand why it works; or at least get a little bit of an understanding of what is happening so that they can them make their own tactics...

The best thing I've gotten from this is really seeing how CF works and that individual players do not need to be overloaded with individual instructions.

Essentially what makes this tactic great, and the concepts that come from it, is that it uses the KISS mentality.

Originally posted by ScouseWolf:

Hi IMT,

I know what you mean...winning is everything, but I also like to try and get as many clean sheets as possible.

What I have found to be rather effective at keeping your lead is at around the 75 min mark:

1. Depending on how much "pressure" my backline is on I place my mentality on either 6 or 8

2. I remove a well performing AMC (usually the middle one (this may involve moving players around)) into a CB position and sub them.

3. I occassionally tick "counter attack".

Of course this does involve tweaking...

However people need to realise that even putting in Opp. Instructions is tweaking.

This is a great tactic, and I've used the principles of it (along with others I've found on the forum) to help amend my own. The worst thing people can do, in my opinion, is to load the tactic up and not understand why it works; or at least get a little bit of an understanding of what is happening so that they can them make their own tactics...

The best thing I've gotten from this is really seeing how CF works and that individual players do not need to be overloaded with individual instructions.

Essentially what makes this tactic great, and the concepts that come from it, is that it uses the KISS mentality.

i agree.....if you want a good clean sheet ratio or not conceeding alot, you need to tweak during match icon14.gif

especially when the ai change to 4-2-4 at 75+ min

the main concept of my tactic is trying to SCORE FIRST AND A LOT

if you score first and fast (and a lot), the rest of the game is easier...as the opp morale down

rotate your three AMC if you are not scoring at 25 min...sometimes it work icon_wink.gif

I usually wait for the AI to change their tactics when a few behind and then go to a more standard formation. I stop scoring but I also stop conceding. I'm ahead of Real Madrid, albeit by a solitary point due to them never losing against anyone else, with 10 games gone in the season.

In my opinion main problem in this tactic is in away games. I've seen huge different between home and away games. Espcially, if you play some weaker team.

Currently I'm playing in Russian Second League wity Torpedo Moscow and I have a lot problem with away games. In first minutes of match opponent doing many dangerous situations, and usually they shoots 2 or 3 goals in first 15 minutes. In next minutes they have still advantage.

Originally posted by kroshot:

teeyougee-how do you win away from home ive only won 14 away games in two ansd a half seasons

I've mentioned it before but:

- I close down players with 15+ creativity or long shots

- I tight mark and hard tackle all players except for defenders

- I show one footed players onto their weaker foot. And I show wingers onto their weaker foot.

Then I check out their 2 CBs. If they have great aerial ability, I give my Targetman (Adebayor/Bendtner) delivery to "Feet". If they're fast defenders and they lack aerial ability, I set delivery to "Head". If they're average CBs, I give "Mixed" delivery.

Also, I give team-talks which turn half-time losses into wins by the end of the match (read Wolfsong's guide to Team-Talks).

You have to spend some time on matches to win.

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kroshot:

teeyougee-how do you win away from home ive only won 14 away games in two ansd a half seasons

I've mentioned it before but:

- I close down players with 15+ creativity or long shots

- I tight mark and hard tackle all players except for defenders

- I show one footed players onto their weaker foot. And I show wingers onto their weaker foot.

Then I check out their 2 CBs. If they have great aerial ability, I give my Targetman (Adebayor/Bendtner) delivery to "Feet". If they're fast defenders and they lack aerial ability, I set delivery to "Head". If they're average CBs, I give "Mixed" delivery.

Also, I give team-talks which turn half-time losses into wins by the end of the match (read Wolfsong's guide to Team-Talks).

You have to spend some time on matches to win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense but with Arsenal I'd half expect you to beat most of the teams.

No offense but with Arsenal I'd half expect you to beat most of the teams.

None taken. I just wanted to let Kimz know that his tactic is great.

I've never managed to go even a seson without losing 1 game. There's always a match where none of your shots goes in, then AI makes 1 attack and they score. Even with Barca, I would lose at least 1 match a season.

Just played man utd at old trafford they where winning 3-0 came bacl to be winning 4-3 then ronny scored in the 89th i'm middlesbrough btw very pleased with this tactic i'm unhappy though cos i've played chelsea drew 3-3 at home arsenal lost 2-1 away man utd drew 3-3 away and liverpool all in a bloody row

i'm still using v1 and loving it icon_wink.gif

so far, only lost 1 game with your tactic, against valencia (away) and they have 5 shot's 3 goals, i had 25 shot's 1 goal :\

only once y tried v2, and drawn agains badalona (don´t like it yet icon_razz.gif)

keep the good work mate!

cheers.

UNBELIEVABLE

Just hammered Liverpool 4-1 at home i am in scock if only middlesbrough where this good in real life the singings i've made GK Bogdan Lobont AML Nicale dica DM Assucao AMR Andrey Arshavin 14 million in total so i haven't made super signings or anything

Had some mixed results with v1 of this tactic, although I have to say it's been brilliant as a home tactic. Playing as Villa and haven't lost at home yet, even held Arsenal to 1-1 when they had won every game to that point.

But away from home, it hasn't been great. Haven't kept a clean sheet yet and only won twice away in the league - but think it's the combination of the tactic and the 'Super Keeper' that still seems to exists in 8.0.2.

Away at Preston in the cup I had 39 shots (19 on target) - they had 5 shots (4 on target). The score? I won 5-4. Ratio of goals to shots on target - me 25%, them 100%. Hmmmmm...

Similar story at Everton where I lost 2-1. I had 13 shots on target, they had 1 (yet still scored twice). Hmmmmm...

I could probably list all of my away games (and some home games) to show the same thing happening.

No question I have a lot of shots on goal using this tactic, but the defence/keeper is awful. I've only kept one clean sheet all season and that was home to Derby - even conceded a goal to Solihull Moors in a pre-season friendly (although we did win 9-1!). And in away games I always seem to concede within minutes of scoring - as soon as the AI goes more attacking the tactic seems to fail.

Tried tweaking to improve shots/goals ratio as well as tightening up the D but nothing seemed to work. Starting to wish I'd never patched the game!

So I saved my game under a different name to try out v2 of the tactic but we were awful. Lost our first 5 games, including a 4-1 loss at Wigan.

And you might want to try a different name for the tactic - I've never tweaked so much, what with the player instructions, updating them when the AI makes a sub or changes formation, etc.

Kimz - not ragging on your tactic, 'cuz I think it's damn good at home. Just giving my experience of it.

And for anyone that wants the perfect striker for this formation, buy John Carew. First 11 games he scored 17 goals and had 8 assists. Superb.

Originally posted by FMS:

Maybe for away games will be better, if you set up in opp. instr. tight and hard tackling for DC's

And then get your players injured?

CBs are usually strong players. If creative AMs hard tackle them, the AM will get injured.

I have been using this for most of the season, I am Bristol City in the Championship.

My team is not the best in the league by any measure.

I am having very mixed results, I leak goals like nobodies business when I am away from home. I often see the opposition scoring 4 or 5 past me. At home I am still having high scoring games, but I tend to win those.

I do like the players movements off the ball and the build up play is also very good.

I am thinking, based on other peoples comments, that my problem with high scores, may be to do with thsi being a game that was started in 8.01 and updated to 8.02. Next season i will change to another tactic and if I still have high scoring games then I know i need to start a new game.

Despite my problems, i would recommend this tactic to anyone who is wanting to play attacking football. if it works for you, then it seems to work fantastic.

Originally posted by teeyougee:

And then get your players injured?

CBs are usually strong players. If creative AMs hard tackle them, the AM will get injured.

No risk, no fun icon_smile.gif

Seriously that's one of the way, what we can do for enhance this tactic.

Archived