The Frustration Of FM 2010!! Crash Dump Error Galore!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I instaled the patch but I have problem again. When I'm starting second game my screen goes black and then goes out of game. It's annoying !!! ERROR low on memory .... what to do ? Please help ....

Did you try loading up patch 1.1.1 (see link above)

That seems to be the way to resolve most of the crash issues.

It has worked for my game.

amazingly it doesnt crash anymore.

i didnt do anything special, i just kept playing without going to the Finance page.

If i open my old save game and go to the Finance page it still crashes though.

I have found out the bug is only existing for me during the 2014/15 season. It worked nicely the next season. I was in the Euro Cup during that season and I don't know if that might have been the reason for it?

No luck for me, patch did not work, I have 2GB RAM DDR2 but in task manager it says 5972M so when i enter the game it takes up about 1000M and it keeps raising and when it comes to about 2000/5972 it crashes when going to next match and crash dump appears. I tried seting up a new game but still no luck. I am playing 7 leagues from 6 countries.

I am already patch my game with 10.1.1 but still crash after play 3 games (crash while to go play 4th game) but i still use my previous savegame (10.1.0) did i have to make new game or not after patch with 10.1.1? I only use 1 country (england) and 1 league (premiership only) and large data base.

Sorry that you're struggling.

There are a few things that you can do that will minimise the chances of crashing;

- Update graphics card drivers and sound card drivers.

- Update DirectX.

- Update Java.

- Try running in windowed mode.

- Don't go bonanza with the number of teams, leagues and players you load at the start of the game.

Let us know how you get on...

Why on earth are SI still releasing games when these long standing crashes have not been identified.

Is it reasonable that after version after version SI still suggests running in windowed mode? Why? What is the problem? and why do you not know after all these versions and all these years why it prevents a crash by running in windowed mode?

Hi guys! I'm italian...I'm here because I'm having your same problem since yesterday!

I noticed that the crash dump happens when I go to see something of my team's menu! (like the players, the staff, the finance, the scouts, etc.)

The strange thing is that it doesn't happen always!!!:confused:

I'm playing FM since last week...i've completed a season without any problem...now the season isn't still started, but I'm having this problem...

Other things:

1. The problems began after I installed the first patch!!!:eek: I don't know if this is linked to the crash...

2. I've downloaded some other championships some days ago but I didn't have any problem (until yesterday!)

3. I've tried to use the editor twice, but I never saved what I had modified...

4. My PC is almost new (1 year old). I use Windows Vista with 4 GB RAM.

5. I always played 2D mode and always in window!!! Database is big, but there aren't too many championships (about ten)

Conclusion:

According to me the problem is not related to the power of the PC or to the use of window or 2D mode (as many people said), also because initially I didn't have ANY problem.

I think that patches do not help, and in my case (it's very strange) they ruined the game!

In the end I'd like someone to tell me why I DIDN'T have any problem two days ago!

Thank you a lot!

• Administrators

We're aware of a memory issue which is causing problems in some games with some setups and we're looking into it. The 10.1.1 helped lower some of the memory usage within the game, however if you're running many leagues and a huge database you are at more risk of suffering from issues. As said we're looking into it and there is a thread all about it in the technical issues forum inside the FM2010 Bugs Forum. Thanks.

Why on earth are SI still releasing games when these long standing crashes have not been identified.

Is it reasonable that after version after version SI still suggests running in windowed mode? Why? What is the problem? and why do you not know after all these versions and all these years why it prevents a crash by running in windowed mode?

Because PCs have different working parts and its fairly unlikely that any two users are using identical machines.

Aside from that in my experience a lot of PC users do not make the effort to fully understand their machine and suffer as a result.

Anyway for the first time ever with FM I've had some crashes - not many but a few.

I have a digital download copy via steam and the game runs fine in "offline mode" so far. The few crashes that I have experienced have always been while steam is "online" - maybe connected?

Because PCs have different working parts and its fairly unlikely that any two users are using identical machines.

Aside from that in my experience a lot of PC users do not make the effort to fully understand their machine and suffer as a result.

Wow.

You are aware that a large proportion (probably the majority) of PC owners do not buy custom built or built to order computers.

They just buy them from any old general computer/homeware/electronic store.

So yes, there will be many FM users playing the game on identical computers.

Wow.

You are aware that a large proportion (probably the majority) of PC owners do not buy custom built or built to order computers.

They just buy them from any old general computer/homeware/electronic store.

So yes, there will be many FM users playing the game on identical computers.

Identical was perhaps taking it too far but my main point still stands.

The wide variety of components available mean a large number of potential builds, it is unfeasible to expect a programmer to allow for every different type possible.

Thats before you even start to include operating systems & other software that are installed.

One more thing I observed:

Last time my game crashed (the 6th or the 7th today) I had just saved it!

So I've done several times the same thing:

1. I went to the next day

2. Then I went for seeing my team and the game crashed!

It did it EVERY time I've done this two things!

EDIT: The day is July the 16th..in this day I CAN'T see my team, my staff, my scouts, my finance, etc. if I do the game crashes! (I believe there will be other days like this if I go on)...PS: the day before it was all right...(but this isn't the first crash I've had)

Maybe there are specific days (in the game) when the game has to crash:D I don't know...it's pathological...anyway I don't think I'll buy FM next year again..sorry..

I must say I am quite disheartened at these events, I am simply running the MLS with Canadian players loaded, and get a crash dump on October 2, 2009 which does not allow me to pass go or collect $200.

Yet my Juventus game running with the largest database possible and all but the Aussie leagues loaded, I managed to go 3 seasons before the persistant dump which doesn't allow me to continue my game.

I'm just curious how this is possible if SI and Sega reps saying running the big data bases are what may be the leading causes of the dumps?

I must say, I had high hopes for FM 10, and much like the rest of the board and folks, I am very disappointed in this year's edition.

YAY winning 3 - 0 to Arsenal at half time and another crash dump.

Can we PLEASE have a game that works for more than an hour? PLEASE, i dont ask for much when i buy a game other than for it to work, is that too much to ask for?

This game becomes incredibly annoying when you have to keep replying the same game over and over because the game shouldnt have even been released yet due to technical issues that should of been resolved during Beta testing.

Just a little tip for next years release, make sure the game is actually working before you start losing your customers.

You know what actually, i am now on my 6th attempt of this Arsenal game (same tactics yet they are now destroying me which is a f****** joke) i am so annoyed and disappointed that you (Sports Interactive and SEGA) were actually allowed to release this game.

As a paying customer who has bought faultly merchandise i would like a full refund. In fact i demand a full refund!

I am suprised you havent been contacted by trading standards yet for this joke of a game.

After an hour of playing the same game i finally get a score that is good for my team, while i dont mind losing and normally carry on, to be 3 - 0 up at Arsenal at half time then every other game (using the same bloody tactic) to go in 2/3/4 - 1 down isnt acceptable.

SI, sort this game out, you shouldnt of even released it in this state but that is the past, just sort the bloody game out, next year how about you fix it before releasing it so we can play it properly without waiting months and months for patchs to resolve 50% of the problems with the games. Absolute joke

One thing I have to say.

My brother began a new game some days ago with a big database and selected the Malta's Championship (that I had downloaded)...

He's not having problems at all....... I don't know why my game is unplayable and my brother's one is ok.... Maybe he'll have problems after the end of the season, but it's very strange....

If it was a bug it had to be the same for everyone and every game, but it happens in different ways and in different moments (or just doesn't happen)... could it be possible they are several bugs and not only one?

My game has crashed once with 10.1.1 when I clicked on a player during a match. I'm not sure whether that issue was supposed to have been resolved or not. That's the only circumstances my game is crashing in.

My FM game still crashes even with the new patch 10.1.1. My lap top has more than enough spec required to run the game. I have never experienced this trouble wth a FM game before and it is beginning to put me off from playing the game as when I get a decent run of form going, the bloody thing crashes, always at the same point when just entering into a mach after my team talk. I first thought it was my lap top, but after readinga all of these comments, I am obviosly one of man more FM fans that are suffering from this problem.

I really hope that SI and Sega can come up with a ****ion very quickly as this problem seems to have been happening or a lot of customers, myself included since the release of the game now over a month ago!

I hope to read about a fix or new patch coming out very soon to fix this problem as its xmas soon and I get 2 weeks off work in which I would love to spend playing a crash free FM2010!!! :)

Hi Folks ~ I read all the post of this entire thread, and did not find one single real solution what so ever to this crash dump error. I have played this series games sin CM99 to FM2010. It's not the computer folks. I have always installed/played 10 leagues with a computer with low specs on every single version. The only thing that I have noticed from playing with less leagues is a quicker speed when the game progresses, other than that I have had no issues until now. When I started the game, did not encounter any crash dumps. I played two full seasons with no issues. During this course, I switched from 2D to 3D and vice versa. I also switch off and on the game sound, and no crash dumps ever happened during the first two seasons. As I got closer to start my 3rd season, here is where my nightmare begun for me. Now, every single game day I get this annoying crash dump error.

In summary, please provide a real solution for this annoying crash dump error , rather then figuring out what type of specs are on each member's computers; unless you're going to make a unique FM game for each computer?

We're aware of a memory issue which is causing problems in some games with some setups and we're looking into it. The 10.1.1 helped lower some of the memory usage within the game, however if you're running many leagues and a huge database you are at more risk of suffering from issues. As said we're looking into it and there is a thread all about it in the technical issues forum inside the FM2010 Bugs Forum. Thanks.

a year of polish eh ? ''you dont know what your doing,you dont know what your doing'' fm 2011 is going to be out before you get this fixed. hopefully you'll get some better testers in for that one

Mine just did this for the first time ever and I have steam version so it is since this new patch. It was similar to the guy above I looked at players profile during a match. Hopefully it won't be a persistent problem.

Just did it again :eek:...

these crashed have been happening to me as well, as im so ****ed off about it. my biggest problem is, thou, is that it's not loading my saved careers anymore. it had happened to my liverpool save when i was as further as april. and after that i started with galatasaray from turkey, it's crashed for the first time in november'09, and it's crashed for good this time. now the game doesnt load this saved file anymore. what a bummer!!! i had 90% winning rate, which is unseeen! and i cant play it anymore. and i dont feel like playing it all over..

has this ever happened to anybody?? i get an error message on the game screen sayin "it cant load this file" or something.

This crash dump error is mentel. I get one crash and it happens when i manager barca, also it is always in the 3rd season when it happens.

Anyone else have the same problem when managing barcelona?

you dont play this game with barca, do you?? 3rd season? when did ya get there already?

Yeah got there twice. The first time it happened was on july 9th when i tried to go on finaces and the second time it happened was aug 17th when i also tried to go on finances.

This has also happened to my mate when managing barca and when he went on finances it crashed.

Is this just a bug?

Yeah got there twice. The first time it happened was on july 9th when i tried to go on finaces and the second time it happened was aug 17th when i also tried to go on finances.

This has also happened to my mate when managing barca and when he went on finances it crashed.

Is this just a bug?

The exact same thing has happened to me yesterday, is this bug just with barca because ive spent nearly a week continuously playing and its made me almightly ****ed off with the whole game and im seriously considering just scrapping it all together. All latest patches and DVD version if anybody from SI is watching. Please Get It Sorted!!!

I have the feeling one problem can be the regens.

I was playing sloven championship and after 2 seasons the game crashed and i was not able to play anymore without a crash on the same day.

It seem it was also around this day many regens appeared because some older players retired. Maybe Regens are growing the player database and are making the system crash.

Whatever is making this game crash dump, it made me uninstall the game. I'll send it back to my seller and wait for the next year version. I don't feel playing the game in june when all those bugs will be resolved.

I'm getting constant crashes when the game goes to 29th November 2009. I have a lot of leagues running (around 20). I started a new game with just the leagues i have editor packs for and i managed to get by the date, so I'm guessing it's one of the other leagues, but none of them have been edited.

Anyone have a similar problem?

I'm currently managing Rangers.

I see a lot of people with 4Gb of RAM have an issue with this, I have 6Gb of DDR3 and my RAM usage goes above 3 when out of a match, the highest I have seen is 3.70 when in a match, for me this is not a problem, but I would assume for anyone with 4Gb of RAM they would get a lot of hard faults and if their HD is a bit full or not optomised I can see how this could be an issue! Am I right or is my tech interpretation off? I am no IT whizz but I think I have got my head around this stuff.

Sorry guys but I am SOOOO glad I opted for 6Gb of RAM when I bought this PC, for the first few months I wondered why I got so much, now I am very glad!

Just to note I run about 40 leagues, near 70K players.

I see a lot of people with 4Gb of RAM have an issue with this, I have 6Gb of DDR3 and my RAM usage goes above 3 when out of a match, the highest I have seen is 3.70 when in a match, for me this is not a problem, but I would assume for anyone with 4Gb of RAM they would get a lot of hard faults and if their HD is a bit full or not optomised I can see how this could be an issue! Am I right or is my tech interpretation off? I am no IT whizz but I think I have got my head around this stuff.
If you run out of RAM then it will swap in and out of the page file on the hard disk, I have wondered if a too small page file or fragmented disk could be an issue.

If you run out of RAM then it will swap in and out of the page file on the hard disk.

Yeh when that happens its called a hard fault.

So a good defrag or looking at the page file size or space might help. I am no expert, just I noticed a trend, unless lots of people with 6Gb or RAM are also having this issue.

Yeh when that happens its called a hard fault.
Never heard that description in 25 years in the IT Industry :-)
So a good defrag or looking at the page file size or space might help. I am no expert, just I noticed a trend, unless lots of people with 6Gb or RAM are also having this issue.
The thing is for those hitting the 1.7gb VM issue then RAM is irrelevant as this is to do with the limitiations of 32bit address space.

So us on 64bit are not affected as much by this?

I better go read up on this stuff. I am keep to learn about these things as I am just picking up info here and there helping out with IT at work. My degree is in Biology :)

The other name for a hard fault is a page fault, I think I must be using the "American" or "Windows" language for it. Either that or Wikipedia is lying to me!!! (SHOCK HORROR)

So us on 64bit are not affected as much by this?
If you have a 64bit OS then you can use more than 4gb RAM but FM2010 is only a 32 bit application so you still have the VM issue.
The other name for a hard fault is a page fault, I think I must be using the "American" or "Windows" language for it. Either that or Wikipedia is lying to me!!! (SHOCK HORROR)
lol - I'm more of a Linux man myself so perhaps it's a Windoze thing :-)

• Administrators
Had no crash drump errors prior to the latest patch - happening all the time now :(

Have you tried uninstalling the game, re-installing and running the game without the 10.1.1 patch? Does it still crash just running 10.1? Let me know, thanks.

Archived