dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

oh yeah, must update the official website. Forgot to do that.

I gave up on updating the website when I had to re-start last year post patch.

I feel guilty now after all the work Allan put in though. I log on every day just to have a look even if I have nothing to change icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you feel guilty icon_wink.gif

Allan has done a fantastic job this year, I can't believe my luck in having him on board.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, I'm really struggling in the BSPrem! Sitting 20th after 12 games, its not looking good. The weird thing is, when we've won (3 times) we've hammered the opposition by at least 3 goals. However in the 8 games we've lost already we're shipping goals for fun! I'm really struggling to see a way out of this....

if we go down....grrrrr icon_mad.gif

Jimbo, no offence mate, but we know how you feel, he knows how you feel and it's obviously not changed how he feels. Dafuge as already said he's staying on the list because he got to League 2 before it happened but he won't be updated further, which is perfectly fine tbh seeing how he didn't cheat to get to League 2. Can I suggest we just drop it because it puts a downer on the thread's atmosphere.

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Jimbo, no offence mate, but we know how you feel, he knows how you feel and it's obviously not changed how he feels. Dafuge as already said he's staying on the list because he got to League 2 before it happened but he won't be updated further, which is perfectly fine tbh seeing how he didn't cheat to get to League 2. Can I suggest we just drop it because it puts a downer on the thread's atmosphere.

I had just about swallowed that after dafuge ruled, but he's in League 1 now and sitting atop of the list on the website.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I just get depressed seeing someone at the top of the list who has used the editor icon_frown.gif.

Have you looked at the list posted in this thread recently? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. I ignore it now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

I had just about swallowed that after dafuge ruled, but he's in League 1 now and sitting atop of the list on the website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have gone to the effort of deleting his entry each time when I post the list, until he is removed from the website.

I wasn't expecting him to continue updating his progress after what I had said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I just get depressed seeing someone at the top of the list who has used the editor icon_frown.gif.

Have you looked at the list posted in this thread recently? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. I ignore it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please have a look, I have always put a bit of effort into maintaining that list to compensate for the limitations of the website.

Originally posted by dafuge:

I had just about swallowed that after dafuge ruled, but he's in League 1 now and sitting atop of the list on the website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have gone to the effort of deleting his entry each time when I post the list, until he is removed from the website.

I wasn't expecting him to continue updating his progress after what I had said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry wont update the website again, would still like to read the thread though to see how everyone else is doing.

michaeltmurray.

I know your a fan of "boring tactics", so I thought this might appeal to you.

We're still in November and we've already kept 16 clean sheets.

I saw a comment earlier in the thread that there are no nil nil's anymore, (I've had 5 this season).

That's my goals against column this season icon_biggrin.gif.

It's take 7 league games but I have finally kept my first clean sheet, ironicly came after the supporters wanted me to drop my Keeper, and with the only backup Keepers I have being 16 he's not likely to get dropped any time soon.

It looks like I might have found some players who can score goals this time around - 14 goals from 7 games so far icon_eek.gif (Conceeding 9 not helping things).

Originally posted by Jordanknox:

Sorry wont update the website again, would still like to read the thread though to see how everyone else is doing.

Of course, hopefully you will start again some time as some of us will inevitably have to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> michaeltmurray.

I know your a fan of "boring tactics", so I thought this might appeal to you.

We're still in November and we've already kept 16 clean sheets.

I saw a comment earlier in the thread that there are no nil nil's anymore, (I've had 5 this season).

That's my goals against column this season .

what sort of tactics are you using as that a great run </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After thinking long and hard, and working hard to tweak my tactic in the demo, I have opted for the "hoof the ball up the pitch to my two big fat blokes, and hope that one of them either scores or kicks it off the pitch away from our goal" tactic.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey thats my tactic - if the ball stays in their half for 90mins there is no chance of you conceeding icon_smile.gif

Update Chippenham town

extremly short as tired and going to bed!! work in the morning. will post a full season update tommoro evening, however just thought i would post that i am now in league two after a nail biting penalty shootout in the play off final.

looks like im with the big boys now!!

Breaking news from the blue square north. A new manager has been appointed at Kings Lynn in place of former Norwich coach Keith Webb. The new manager is a relative unknown, he was once on the books of limerick FC (now limerick 37). This is a shock to some of the linnets faithful fans.

Kings Lynn have an open invitation to trails, many players turn up, the manager decides to take 37 players on a further trial. Some of players have senor experience others have only have been released from academies across England. Some have travelled over from Northern Ireland with no experience to speak of.

The Linnets open there pre-season with three home friendlies to put the trailist’s thought their paces, there was some good performances, but the results varied from alright to good, nothing special.

Linnets boss announces that they have signed 20 of the trailists to one or two year contracts, just before the clubs fouth friendly against Thurrock.

The club plays two more friendlies but there aren’t very impressive, a one all against a Belgian side and an nil all against Bromley away from home.

Former Redditch and Hartlepool trainee Kyle Anderson is appointed captain at the tender age of 19, this as caused a little bit of a steer with the fans. But new boss stands by his decision

Jordan. If it's any consolation a similar type of bug, (but linked to finances/attendances) has hit me, and I am just killing time until I can restart with the patch.

It would be good if you could restart when the rest of us do and you might get more satusfaction from a game like that.

I took over Merthyr Tydfil and have guided them to a stellar draw and five losses in the first month of conference play, good for 22nd position. My goalie was horrible, but I managed to sign a new one who let in a goal in the 87th minute to ruin a debut shutout. However, that was good enough to earn the team their first draw.

The board isn't so thrilled with me right now.

I'm not good at this.

I just signed a goalkeeper who is apparently twice the player of my current goalkeeper that got me promoted. Cut to his debut where he doesn't make a save and concedes 3 against Chesham. Curse me hiring an assistant manager with crap judging CA just because he had a great judging PA attribute. To be fair to the lad though, he's only 16 and has a great PA according to coach so I'll stick with him.

Originally posted by jsar:

the patch going to require a restart? not going to be able to coninue saved games icon_eek.gif that would suck giant balls

No, it should fix most things in a save game, but I will be so far in debt in 2 weeks time as to never be able to recover, (assuming I am still employed that is).

I've just posted this in the bugs forum.

Right. I'm posting links to screen-shots here so that everyone else can view this, but I am uploading the PKM to you so you can see the whole thing.

1. First of all the local derby between St Albans and Boreham Wood was played in a Gale/Downpour which looks fantastic. It's the first time I've seen that. Amazing.

2. Now the fun and games starts in the 40th minute. The opposition #8 Lloyd Skinner has a green injury, but he his condition rating is down as far as 36%. It seems low enough that he should be taken off, but half time is approaching and his condition may improve as the game continues.

3. Within seconds of the restart after the break, Skinner's condition is down to 14% and I think to myself he must get taken off. Skinner is a utility midfield player who is playing centrally, but St Albans have a player on the bench who can play in the middle, and another on the flank who can move in if asked. Instead Skinner is allowed to continue playing.

4. In the 63rd minute, things really get interesting as the home GK Lewis Ward is sent off. Now with a GK on the bench and a seriously injured player on the pitch, you might think that the sendsible thing would be to put on a fresh GK for the injured player and reorganise accordingly, (even if you didn't want to do any other substitutions). You're only 1 goal down at home to your local rivals and the game is far from lost. So what does the AI St Albans manager do?He was playing 442, but now he decides to put the injured MC up front on his own puts the left back in goal and does God knows whatever else. What he doesn't do is make any substitutions, despite the fact that he has an outfield player playing in goal and an injured player still on the pitch with reasonable options for both positions on the bench.

5. So now the left back, (McNulty), goes in goal to defend the impending free-kick, yet 4 minutes later, the injured Skinner is now in goal as St Albans play a 432 formation with nobody on the left flank.

6. As soon as I see their left flank is unprotected, I set instructions to attack down left flank, and as soon as I do he changes to a 441 formation, (with the injured Skinner still in goal).

7. Almost immediately, St Albans central midfielder Kyle Carder-Andrews goes down with a green injury. His condition isn't as bad at this stage, (only 56%), and he too is left on.

8. At the end of the game, both Skinner and Carder-Andrews are still on the pitch and Skinner has a condition rating of only 2%.

9. After the game I look at Skinner and sure enough he has a serious(ish) injury, (pulled hamstring).

I'm honestly not sure where to start with this game or what to get you to look at first. The whole thing was a bit of a shambles. This is only my 6th game post-patch and it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I've uploaded the pkm "St Albans v Boreham Wood GK red card injured outfield player.pkm" for you to have a look and work out what is going wrong.

Good luck.

Carshalton Athletic - End Of Season Update - 2008/2009

Craig Douglas (Manager Profile)

Final League Table - After a sketchy start to the season, (3 wins in first 10 games), it didnt look like Carshalton would be challenging for a play off spot. But, after the initial 10 games, and i got some scout reports back, i signed a bunch of young stars, changed my tactics to a much more assured Defensive tacitc and the wins started rolling in. Its odd how, when i attempt fancy attacking formations, i usually get battered, but then the one time i think to myself.. 'how about, i concentrate on getting the defence right first'... i start smashing teams to shreds!!!! Anyway, so after a strong close to the season, i was unlucky enough to miss out on top spot by a few points, and finished a spectacular 3rd

Play Off Final - So, we get through the Semi Finals v Bromley, and after drawing the home leg 2-2, its didnt look good for carshalton. However, a resounding 4-0 win away to Bromley, Carshalton Athletic found themselves in dream land reaching the Play Off Final. The final itself already posed a problem for Carshalton. AFC Wimbledon were the team to beat, and in the two league meating between the clubs, AFC Wimbledon had won both games. Fprtunatly, Carshalton found it within themselves yet again to fire the team to an impressive 4-1 victory over the team that finished 2nd in the Blue Sqaure South. Up and on to better things for Carshalton.

Transfers - With only 6 players (all youth) in the team when Craig Douglas took charge, he was faced with a very tough challenge of assembling a whole team off his own back, not knowing if the signings he made would be superstars, or total duds. Fortune shone again on Carshalton, and they produced a few gems of the season.

Magno Vieira - The teams hero. Top scorer, and carried the squad when it needed a lift.

Marc Elston - A late arrival at carshalton, coming some games into the season, Marcs pace was electric, and the strike partnership he formed with Vieira was invaluable to Carshaltons sucsess.

Joss Labide - The defensive rock. In my eyes, the signing of the season. Easily the best defender in the sqaud, and was always there to bail the team out of trouble when they needed it most

Sam Collier - on my life, i only scouted this kid because his surname is Collier. I thought it may be fitting that a collier were to be great in the game, and boy is he. At his age, i would be happy to have him in my U-18s at Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. Fortunatly, i got him at carshalton, and he too is another key reason to the teams sucsess.

League Stats - Didnt quite manage to get the top scorer award, (vieira fell one short), but i did have a lot of players in each catagory, which made me a very proud manager.

Season Summary

Im very impressed with the way the season turned out. I have a great bunch of players for next years attempt at staying in the BSP, and with my apparent super tactic, am fully conident we can pull it off.

Carshalton are Promoted!!!!

Spurs 1979 - Hendon - 2008/2009

Manager Profile

Club Profile Page

So I started of well & after 4 games was surprised at how I'd started the season quite positively but I am even more surprised at how the season has continued fro me. I am now 17 games in & currently sit in 4th position whilst playing some great attacking football & dominating teams quite often.

League Table After 17 Games

My aim for this season was to avoid relegation & that is what I chose when given my targets so to be sitting in amongst the play-offs at this stage I am so pleased how things are going. Along the way I've notched up some hefty wins, 7-0, 5-1, 4-1 etc & you can see my results list so far below.

Results So Far

I mentioned in my first post how my striker had scored 7 goals in 4 games & I can report his form has continued throughout the season & he now boasts 19 league goals from 16 games icon_eek.gif. To add to that my attacking midfielder has scored 14 league goals from 16 league games icon_eek.gif

Overall I am extremely happy with my squad & how it is coping right now but I await how the season finishes tomorrow for me, I hope to report that we can stay in the play offs & build from that even if we don't achieve promotion. My aims from now are to keep this form up, hopefully keep this squad together & don't pick up too many injurys. My scout has been busy finding me a few free players that I may add to my squad but with myself £175k p/w over my wage budget I am hesitant to add anymore demands unless I really have to.

(Are we supposed to post screens of our transfers so you know we're signing the right players etc? Everyone I've signed so far has been either a free from an English club or a free transfer. All players could be scouted by my club also, I have 1 Irish player who was formerly at Plymouth hence me being able to scout him & 1 Nigerian with English as his second nationality & he had played for Basingstoke so again he was why I was able to scout him. Everyone else are English.)

Been sitting re-loading for quite some time now waiting to get Chippenham however i am now thinking i will just go with a random team that is eligible and join Jimbo and the many others to restart when the patch is released.

I will simply use the next couple of weeks to get an idea for the tactics and the like on the new version and start afresh with Chippenham later on.

Originally posted by stinger061:

Been sitting re-loading for quite some time now waiting to get Chippenham however i am now thinking i will just go with a random team that is eligible and join Jimbo and the many others to restart when the patch is released.

I will simply use the next couple of weeks to get an idea for the tactics and the like on the new version and start afresh with Chippenham later on.

I think it's too esay with Chippenham.

When i started with them I got Cole Skuse and Frankie Artus in on loan and well as about 6 other loaness and I would have romped the league.

It was boring icon13.gif.

I think it's too esay with Chippenham.

When i started with them I got Cole Skuse and Frankie Artus in on loan and well as about 6 other loaness and I would have romped the league.

It was boring icon13.gif.

You were lucky, I only got two loanees, one of which was unimpressive, the other I signed a year later.

Who was your Parent club?

Mine was Bristol Rovers.

Fleetwood Mid-Season Blue Square North 2009/10 Summary

Leage Table after 21 games

After a worrying start my team are playing terrifically, joint top with Histon & 9 goals ahead of my nearest competitor. Promotion looking promising completely down to 2 ridiculous God Signings,

Lewis 'Goal Machine' Killeen

Evgeni Yordanov

God knows how i managed to sign Yordanov. Far too good for the league i'm in. Killeen's stats may not be up to much but he's almost guaranteed a goal a game this season. Think I'm in for another all nighter - cant stop while playing so well!

Originally posted by RockLobster:

After signing Bontcho Guentchev (needed creativity) i got some Bulgarian knowledge, & while browsing the free transfer list i found Yordanov willing to join us, & the rest is history. i know he looks too good to be true but no rule bending involved whatsoever.

I did the same, Bontcho was a great signing.

I'm assuming you can show us the proof of the trial?

Archived