FM10: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition

Guest roberto922

Guest roberto922

none of the three you mentioned are in the bottom 3 of their league :(

That rule seems too restrictive to me, would it be better if we made it free choice as to who you take over from any tier below BSN/S?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emley is very vaguely local to be honest :p

Shame they're not in the bottom three..not sure how that helps, surely it's hard enough whatever team you pick at that level?

I would suggest that the only restriction be on teams that have just been relegated from the Blue Square leagues.

Guest roberto922

Yeah, I've found that the sides are fairly evenly matched in the really low leagues. Right you can go for any side below BSS/N from now on :)

Guest roberto922

Heh :D

I'm currently in a transfer embargo due to a takeover attempt by a supporters trust, I'm 15th in the NW Counties Division One after 6 games, but I have a game in hand over most of the sides

Wow, the quality is bad. I watched one pass bounce off the feet of another player, as he was looking the other way, constant one-on-one misses, and really bad 2 footed challanges resulting in red cards. Verdict is tho...I LOVE IT! I am kind of crazy that way.

Started with the Stone Dominos in Northwest Counties Div 1, only problem I see is a lack of transfers happening. Anyone else see this? Transfers are happening in the top leagues, just not in the drudges of level 10...

Guest roberto922

Wigan Robin Park FC Update - Season 1 (2009/2010) - Starting Division: NW Counties Div. One (Level 10)

Good first season, we were predicted to finish 17th and after losing the first 3 games I felt like we were gonna be rooted to the bottom of the table come May, thankfully performances picked up and we finished 3rd, meaning we were promoted to the NW Counties Premier League

NW Counties Division One - 3rd place, Promoted.

I was in and around the top spots for the entirety of the season after the initial bad start, mostly 7th/8th before a surge of form in the last 7/8 games pushed us into 3rd. The promotion fight was ridiculously close, with 3 games to go Barnsoldwick were 2nd, they finished 8th.

Manager Profile.

Star Signing - Michael Hilton - He was an absolute rock in defense, without him we'd probably not be promoted

Manager history

Season 1 - NW Counties Div 1 - 3rd place - PROMOTED

Guest roberto922
Wigan Robin Park FC Update - Season 1 (2009/2010) - Starting Division: NW Counties Div. One (Level 10)

How you do your updates is up to you but may I just ask that you include the above information in your title please :)

Guest roberto922

They've only gone and taken my weekly wage budget down as a reward for promotion :(

thanks wakers and maz for the congrats.

I'm at Askern Villa in the Northern Counties East Football League Division 1 (Tier 10).

Played 3 games and am on 4pts, sitting in mid-table. Not bad, but not good.

Only thing worth mentioning is that I picked up a 2-2 draw against the GH Academy :D

Wait, there's an Askern team?? As in the Askern between Doncaster and Selby?

I live not 3 miles from there and I didn't even know they had a team! :D

EDIT

In a surprise move, my bro has gone and picked up a copy of FM10 from town. I begin the challenge now :D Will update shortly with my manager profile :)

Season progress:

Username - club - Seasons completed - starting division - current division

roberto922 - Wigan RP - 1 - NW Counties Div. One - NW Counties Premier

robert - To help you out with the 2nd post. If you are running Windows on your pc, use the "notepad" application to align the columns then do a straight copy and paste. :):thup:

Username     club      Seasons     Starting        Level   Current
                      Completed   Division                Division
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
roberto922   Wigan RP     1        NW Counties D1    10    NW Counties Premier

Will start myself on Tuesday probably, from Level 7 as my hometown club plays in Level 8

(cue endless reloads :D)

Right, just started getting into it now. Lost the first friendly 1-0 to a vastly superior Brodsworth team before gaining "a historic" 2-0 victory over the GH Academy.

Loving this :D The quality of football is so bad but it's so clear to see when the team do what you tell them!

Wow, the quality is bad. I watched one pass bounce off the feet of another player, as he was looking the other way, constant one-on-one misses, and really bad 2 footed challanges resulting in red cards. Verdict is tho...I LOVE IT! I am kind of crazy that way.

You should try coaching the Under 17s I coach in dublin. Most games are against teams like that, and the referees (let alone the players) are best described as 'aggricultural'. Horrible to play football against!

My journey starts here, the new manager of Gorleston.

I decided to go against my first choice Great Yarmouth and go with rivals Gorleston, purely because having been a couple of times they've got a lovely enclosed ground which wouldn't look too out of place in the BSP with a capacity of 5,000. I guess that gives me an advantage but hey, along with Yarmouth they are my most local club. Predicted to finish 14th out of 19 but I guess the sides are pretty equal at this level.

I wanted to do this anyway and now that I've seen this, I dont mind doing updates. Have already started a game with Southwick (I'm using a false name because this isnt my "main" game for FM10 - I want to play a big ole' Arsenal game), and my profile is here.

Has anyone found a decent skin for FM10? Or backgrounds? Logo packs even? Im in the Sussex County Leagues (Div 2 for now), so thats what I'm looking for but hopefully we might find a mega multi pack to give backgrounds, logos, kits etc for all ten levels?? :p

I'm sure I wont manage this, incidentally. Will probably struggle to get out of the SCL2, but its fun to try.

I've had a brilliant start so far. Simple tactics and instructions and my team seems to be playing well. 3 wins out of 3 :)

Back room staff are useless though. No one can agree with each other and my scout reports are confusing at best!

Why does photobucket make my pictures small? Even when its resized them can hardly read the text, but for other people they seem to be a decent size? Might switch to using tinypic.

A lot of people in the career game thread last season had speed issues after a number of seasons, it would be a shame to start this if it had performance issues before it could be completed. Although I'd be able to play as Truro :p

I just encountered the 19th of September. Took about 5 minutes for the game to process all of the FA Vase games and I have it on fastest processing!

I am in the 3rd season of this, and it doesn't get any better...

Anyhow, how about this for a start to a season when we were tipped for mid-table obscurity? Paul Gordon, my Danny Roberts challenge hopeful, is only a month away from his move to Celtic... Justin Roberts is more than filling his shoes at the moment...

Guest roberto922

I can't see myself having too many issues in later years, I'm on 4.5* on medium DB, but yes, if you get less than 3* at game start up I'd recommend lowering the database size as you will likely encounter problems a few years in

Archived