[FM10] Freedom for Tooting & Mitcham!

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

With a dominant league win last season we were hopeful of a good first season in the new league.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a mixed start but then about half way through hit a fantastic run of form which also coincided in a lot of the cup games. We climbed up to an automatic promotion spot in 2nd but then lost it. In the run in to the end of the season we lost to a few of the teams around us and threw away a lot of points, in the end settling for a playoff place.

Playoff semi leg 1 - things were not looking good as we were struggling before we went down to ten men. Then, a very soft penalty was given for a push at a corner. We scored, then sat back and managed to pick them off on the break to take an unlikely 2-0 win back home. The one bad bit of news is that António Silva got injured and will miss the next match and the final should we make it.

Playoff semi leg 2 - very similar to the first match, things were all one way then as they looked for the equaliser we picked them off twice on the counter attack. We meet Oldham in the final, the team that beat us in the playoff final two years ago.

Playoff final - revenge is mine! It very nearly wasn't though as Oldham dashed our hopes on a number of occasions. We started the match brightly, taking the game to Oldham and taking a deserved lead. Oldham then equalised against the run of play and started to control the game. Extra time begun and once again we took control with a goal, but as we hung on for dear life they scored with just a couple of minutes left. Penalties would decide the outcome and as Oldham missed their first it looked in our hands as Matteo Dalmasso had the chance to put us in the Championship, but missed. Sudden death took its toll on Oldham as our goalie made his second save of the shootout, giving Pencho Nikolov the chance to win it for us, which he took.

FA Cup - it was a magical cup run that featured wins over Premier League opposition in Hull and Birmingham. Our run was ended in a thriller against Sheffield United.

Carling Cup - this competition is a waste of time while at our level, the only bonus is a little boost to the finances.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - we made our way easily enough to the final, but lost to promotion rivals Bradford.

Transfers - the addition of a Bulgarian scout has brought a few quality Bulgarians into my team. I would have liked to have kept Mitrovic, but that bid saved my finances which were at £600k in the red at one point.

Squad - we've got enough quality to rotate the squad now but we are still quite weak in defence.

Key Player Profiles:

Craig McShea - once again he was our top scorer, from the AMC position. He was just lethal at breaking into the box late, often running through the gap between the two central defenders.

António Silva - a classy striker who had a decent season after being released by Monaco.

Lukman Haruna - the rock in the midfield, who also provided a decent number of assists from set pieces.

Paris Cowan-Hall - despite a lot of new arrivals, he has held him place in the team with a series of impressive performances.

Shane McDermott - the only player I've ever spent money on (£35k). He's a DM really but I've been using him at DC while Haruna was fit.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists

Next Season

This really was an unexpected promotion, so things are going to be very difficult next season, safety is all I'm after. The squad will definitely need strengthening so hopefully my scouting limitations will be altered so I can look further abroad for cheap talent.

About time too!

Another great season Dafuge. Your players dont look THAT good though :D. Good luck in the champ.

They were easily good enough for League 1, but not really good enough for the Championship. I've pretty much signed a brand new team now that I'm able to scout in places like Italy and Spain.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2016/17

Last season we just missed out on automatic promotion but achieved success in the playoffs. With two successive promotions this was always going to be a tough season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a superb start but things soon settled down as we became a middle of the table team who lost a game for every game we won. Things picked up towards the end of the season but we were never going to make the playoffs.

FA Cup - we had an unbelievable run which featured a win against Premier League leaders Chelsea, but it ended in the cruellest way in the semi final against Birmingham.

Carling Cup - the usual non event, this time we lost to League 1 opposition.

Transfers - player sales were needed to balance the books but better players were coming in on free transfers.

Squad - we have enough quality to compete in this league but we need a few more players to really make a difference.

Key Player Profiles:

Dariusz Krysak - he was our top scorer this year but probably not our best striker.

Antonio Fiorini - a real quality signing, he had a decent season but struggled to settle,

Michael Stones - he's now replaced Michael Hall.

Antonio Bocchetti - a solid looking defender.

Jordan Ayew - Stones stepped in for him at times but Jordan was our best winger. He was French when I signed him, but opted to represent Ghana.

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th

Next Season

To get so close to the playoffs was a real bonus, so the aim for next season must be to make them. I'm hoping the board will continue to invest in the facilities as they are currently well below the standard of this league.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

Last season we finished just outside the playoff places and had a great run in the FA Cup, reaching the semi final. This season our aim was to make the playoffs.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It really was a season of two halves, which will be explained in the transfers section. Until about halfway we were looking like a solid playoff team with an outside chance of automatic promotion. In the second half this wasn't the case. QPR and Hull were a class apart from the rest and battled it out for the title, leaving the rest of us fighting for the playoff places. Despite a series of losses in the run in, we just about managed to grab the last spot on goal difference.

Playoff semi leg 1 - we had the perfect start but in the end the result was slightly disappointing. We missed so many really good chances and to concede a late goal puts us in doubt going into the second leg.

Playoff semi leg 2 - this was a horrible way to lose, we were the better team again but lost out to a total fluke goal.

FA Cup - Spurs were just too good for us.

Carling Cup - once again, our cup run was ended by a Premier League team.

Transfers - last season I had managed to pick up a number of quality players on free transfers but their contracts were expiring and they were not interested in renewing. Usually I would have held on to them until the end of the season but at the time our finances were plummeting, so I had to sell to balance the books. A few replacements were brought in but they weren't as good as the players sold.

Squad - my poor finances along with my new scouting networks in Europe have meant that my squad is quickly filling up with foreigners, particularly Spaniards. I'll be making an effort to bring in more English players, but only if they are genuinely better than the cheap foreigners.

Key Player Profiles:

Milan Pesa - the star of my season, a fantastic signing.

Benny Schonewille - having a quality player in this position seems to do wonders and Benny is certainly quality. He's taking up the 'McShea' role, just in a better league.

Gianni Di Napoli - plays well alongside Pesa and nearly became the third player to reach twenty goals.

Shane McDermott - still a bit part player but continues to do a good job.

Hamza Recker - didn't do a lot this season but could be a star of the future.

Career Overview

2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi

Next Season

It was a shame to miss out in the playoffs but we really aren't ready for the Premier League just yet. With the finances sorted we need to continue to improve our facilities and hope to pick up one or two quality players in order to make another push for promotion.

Nope, although I'm not expecting them to since they play in the league two below the lowest I have loaded. I believe that makes it impossible for them to become playable in my game.

What? How the Hell did you manage to play in BSS when you only made BSP active?

What? How the Hell did you manage to play in BSS when you only made BSP active?

My mistake there, the only history for them in my game is for the 08/09 season, in the Ryman Division 1 South. I didn't realised they had won promotion last season. My apologies.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2018/19

After the playoff defeat last season we had to pick ourselves up and have another go.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We made the playoffs comfortably but just couldn't keep up with the leading pack.

Playoff semi leg 1 - can't really complain with this result, with Benny back from suspension for the second leg we stand a decent chance of reaching the final.

Playoff semi leg 2 - a great free kick set up a relatively easy victory.

Playoff final - we hit them on the break and snatched an early goal and after that the game died out. Southampton were surprisingly unadventurous and barely threatened our goal.

FA Cup - once again we had a great run and found ourselves at Wembley once again in the semi final but Newcastle beat us easily.

Carling Cup - the usual early exit to a better team.

Transfers - we made huge profits this year as a lot of our better players were allowed to leave with younger players brought in to replace them.

Squad - the size of the squad has been trimmed and a couple of English players have been brought in.

Key Player Profiles:

Ander Casado - a potential future star who had a great first season at the club.

Benny Schonewille - once again he had a great goalscoring record from midfield.

Alfredo Mesa - I sold my star of last season (Milan Pesa) to bring in this talented defender.

Hamza Recker - this was his first proper season as a first team player and he looks like a quality player.

Dariusz Kryszak - once again my backup striker proved he was worthy of a place in the team. His contract is up at the end of the season and he is looking to smash my highest wage, so he might be let go soon.

Career Overview

2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs

Next Season

Now is when things get interesting as we test ourselves out in the top flight. Although the squad is possibly good enough to compete, there is a lot of work to do. My finances are good with £20m in the bank so I am going to have to make sure we bring in quality players as early as possible.

I'm interested to see what happens with my stadium, at the moment it holds 8000 and cannot be expanded so I think there is a chance of a new stadium.

And here it is, nothing fancy but at least it is an improvement.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2019/20

After promotion from the Championship, survival was our only hope.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite a good start we were always in for a relegation battle. Thankfully we had enough quality to avoid any chance fo being relegated.

FA Cup - things were looking good as we took lead leaders Man Utd to a replay but an U-21 fixture scuppered our plans as we lost nine first team players and got hammered.

Carling Cup - it was an odd loss to a team we really should have been beating.

Transfers - the money went to mey head early as I wasted the majority of our budget on two players, one of which barely played. It soon became clear that my new players were not top quality so I started to build for the future.

Squad - it is still a young squad that needs a lot of work to become competitive in the Premier League.

Key Player Profiles:

Anderson - this wonderkid had a great first season at the club.

Dale Ellis - another wonderkid, although he was signed as a backup he looks like a great player.

Michael Karner - he is my big hope to fill the AMC role.

Josh O'Donnell - the wonderkid goalie had a great year.

Nigel O'Loughlin - my scouts raved about him so I went all out to sign him, he has his best years ahead of him.

Career Overview

2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        

Next Season

We have managed to stay in this league and have bought players with the future in mind so hopefully we can continue to make progress. We are due to move into the new stadium soon so hopefully that will boost our finances.

How do you get so much information on your squad screen? Mine starts cutting columns off if I try to put too much on there.

That was about the most I could squeeze in, it seems that some things take up more room than they should.

As for the wonderkids, I tend to only buy young players based on my scout recommendations, so when they rate them highly then generally tend to turn out as wonderkids.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2020/21

Last season we managed to stay in the league so I was looking for an improvement.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a great season but it could have been better as we threw away far too many points against teams near the bottom.

FA Cup - Everton knocked us out in the worst way possible.

Carling Cup - we suffered a huge shock as League 1 Brighton knocked us out.

Transfers - an effort was made to bring in promising English players but we paid far too much for those players.

Squad - this is a great young squad that will only get better. It boasts nine current 'wonderkids' which just goes to show the potential this team has.

Key Player Profiles:

Anderson - he had a good year as our top scorer but he'll need to get a lot more if we are to challenge further up the table.

Michael Karner - it has taken him a long time to make an impact but he's starting to do well, still one for the future.

Josh O'Donnell - we would be no where without him, he was immense.

Marc Ward - I was expecting more for this classy looking player but he may pick up next year.

Ander Casado - he can't score goals like he could in the Championship but he's still a great player.

Career Overview

2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th

Next Season

Once again, I want to continue to build my young squad that will one day challenge for major honours. I think European qualification is still a few years away so I would be happy with just a top half finish.

My second takeover at the club has just been completed and just like the last, it was uneventful. The only change is we now have an Englishman in charge instead of the previous owner from France.

In other news, it looks like I have my first youth player that could actually make a first team appearance:

Ricky Hunt

Coach Report

This I don't get. Despite being in the Northern Premier, I have some pretty decent scouts now (about 12/15). But no matter who they scout and how good they are, they never say the player can play at a higher level than my current division. When in Level 8 they were good for level 8. When I got promoted the same players were good for level 7. I even scouted Macheda and Wehlbeck to see if there was any change there. Nope. Still only leading stars for Level 7.

Could this be because the leagues are added via xml files, or are my scouts simply dumb?

This I don't get. Despite being in the Northern Premier, I have some pretty decent scouts now (about 12/15). But no matter who they scout and how good they are, they never say the player can play at a higher level than my current division. When in Level 8 they were good for level 8. When I got promoted the same players were good for level 7. I even scouted Macheda and Wehlbeck to see if there was any change there. Nope. Still only leading stars for Level 7.

Could this be because the leagues are added via xml files, or are my scouts simply dumb?

That sounds odd, could possibly be a problem linked with manually added leagues but it's the first I've heard of it.

When I was in the BS leagues I certainly had players rated as good enough for the Football League, unless I'm mistaken and they were coach reports.

What does your assistant say about your top players? Is he still rating them as just level 7?

Yep. He's still saying they are/can be leading stars for the Northern Premier. Perhaps it's an issue with it being added leagues? Maybe SI set limits on what is expected for this and that division, and since these divisions are not defined, they just mention it in relation to the current division? No idea really, but I got worried it would always be like this - if I manage to go up the divisions.

Hopefully it sorts itself out when entering the BSN/S :thup:

Archived