• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 14 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 9th (Table)

FA Cup - Semi-Final (lost v Liverpool)

League Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Fulham)

Transfers

5 places in the table might not look like much of a leap, but the improvement we made this season was absolutely incredible. We went from being part of the pack desperately trying to avoid the relegation zone into a comfortable top-half side. The main difference was the way it felt playing teams around us - this year we were able to impose ourselves on games, whereas last year it was always firefighting and attempting to nick a result by luck.

A great FA Cup run, cruelly ended by Liverpool after extra time in the Semi-Final (having been 2-0 up at half time - not too impressed by that), and 4-1 victories home and away against Man Utd proved that Merthyr were up there with the big boys at long last :)

My £26.5m worth of wingers didn't actually play that spectacularly, but the overall lift in quality they gave us was quite obvious, so I'm not too concerned. Top of the agenda for next year's transfers is a commanding centre-half and a tough-tackling midfielder - plus keeping hold of everyone from this year! Unfortunately that looks like being a tricky task - I had Barcelona, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, and many other big fish sniffing around several of my key players in January. I tied them all down to long contracts, but if I get a big offer and they want to go I could have a serious rebuilding job on my hands.

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
[b]2023/24   Premier League          9th       None[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Boston United - Season 3 - League Two - 2012/2013

Media Prediction - 24th

Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - 4th Round

Carling Cup - 1st Round

JP Trophy - North First Round

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

So started off the season with some awful performances but managed to stay midtable. Picked up some unbeaten runs and cemented myself in the promotion places come the middle of the season and sneaked into the automatic spots come the second half. Had a few blips here and there with losses I shouldn't have had but squeaked in to first. A last day win over second place Southend guaranteed the title after gaining promotion the game before.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 4th round of the FA Cup. Got beaten by West Brom though and it was an away tie but that was handy for the coffers and put me nicely close to a million in balance. In the other cups I didn't last much long as they were early in the season before I found my footing.

Made a lot more signings than last year. Got in some nice loan signings, Agostinelli in particular. Mos of the signings did well enough and I cleared some deadwood after going over the wage budget. Hoping to get some youth facility upgrade.

Awards

Manager of Season

Team of Season

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
League Two           12/13       1st    Champions

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2019/20

After promotion from the Championship, survival was our only hope.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite a good start we were always in for a relegation battle. Thankfully we had enough quality to avoid any chance fo being relegated.

FA Cup - things were looking good as we took lead leaders Man Utd to a replay but an U-21 fixture scuppered our plans as we lost nine first team players and got hammered.

Carling Cup - it was an odd loss to a team we really should have been beating.

Transfers - the money went to mey head early as I wasted the majority of our budget on two players, one of which barely played. It soon became clear that my new players were not top quality so I started to build for the future.

Squad - it is still a young squad that needs a lot of work to become competitive in the Premier League.

Key Player Profiles:

Anderson - this wonderkid had a great first season at the club.

Dale Ellis - another wonderkid, although he was signed as a backup he looks like a great player.

Michael Karner - he is my big hope to fill the AMC role.

Josh O'Donnell - the wonderkid goalie had a great year.

Nigel O'Loughlin - my scouts raved about him so I went all out to sign him, he has his best years ahead of him.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        

Next Season

We have managed to stay in this league and have bought players with the future in mind so hopefully we can continue to make progress. We are due to move into the new stadium soon so hopefully that will boost our finances.

Not too well at the moment. Antibiotics really making me ill but still I plug on.

Latest update (season 3)

League Two won by game 37 although we have had TWO defeats this season.

League Cup we drew 3-3 at home to Spurs in the 2nd Round and lost 6-5 on pens.

Johnson's Paint Trophy won (1st time I have ever won it) destroying Doncaster Rovers in the Final 5-1.

The big news though is our FA Cup run.

3rd Round - needed a replay to get rid of Leicester.

4th Round - Just in case you thought it was a fluke a couple of seasons ago... Liverpool 0-2 Cambridge City :o

5th Round - West Ham United (holders) 1-2 Cambridge City

6th Round - Cambridge City 1-0 Preston North End

Semi-Final draw - Cambridge City v West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City

Now with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd out I dont think anyone will ever get a better chance at getting to the Final as a League Two club as we do now. Fingers crossed.

Drew 2-2 with Bury, winner of the replay plays Cambridge. No reason I can't make the 3rd round, team is starting to gel.

Beat Cambridge in another replay, and got the plum tie in the 3rd round that everyone wants.

Rushden.

Away.

:D

2017/2018 - Billericay Town - Barclay's Premier League

League Position - 16th

TABLE

GRAPH

An fairly subdued first season in the EPL for Billericay Town. I was conservative in the summer, spending only less than a net million pounds in the transfer market. I thought there was a decent chance we would go down, so I concentrated on signing folks on the cheap and locking up my talent on long-term deals so I could earn some decent coin should I be forced to sell. Looking above, it looks a lot like dafuge's first season, though he had a lot more luck signing talent.

August-November went, well, terrible. I couldn't score, and there was some real thrashings along the way. We started to turn things around from there, and basically played like a lower mid-table side the rest of the way. The season long problem was no source of goals. The midfield engine room is also a bit soft, and for that matter, my defensive line which was easily the best in League One and the Championship is only adequate in the Premiership.

Still, there were moments, particularly draws at Anfield, the Emirates and Old Trafford, and this - a treble over holders Chelsea including an FA Cup win. As SnakeXe said about ManUre, can we play you every week? We played our home games for the majority of the season at Fossett's Farm, until our newly 9000 seat expanded New Lodge reopened. In one of my least favorite FM features, we're expanding again this season, since the new capacity still doesn't meet Premier League standards, so we'll have a 13000-seater after November.

I have to say, as an Arsenal fan, watching Sp*rs pip the title on the last day over Arsenal to break the 23 year tripoly of Man Utd, Chelsea, and Arsenal at the top made the season a lot less sweet. I feel a little bad about that draw at the Emirates now. ;)

My chairman is an odd-duck, in addition to that expansion quandry and his refusal to upgrade our lousy training facilities, he did this: Link . I don't think I've ever seen a chairman announce a link without my prompting, nor can I recall an EPL team having a parent club. I don't see the harm in it I suppose, but I'd really rather he spent sometime finding me an oil sheikh. :D

The cups were the story. I dumped out of the Carling Cup at the 2nd hurdle, as per usual. The FA Cup however, after starting with a stutter where we needed a replay to beat Huddersfield, saw us reach the semi-final, beating Chelsea along the way. We faced Aston Villa, who have an unbelievably good German striker by-the-by. We put everyone behind the ball, hoofed it with all our might, and missed probably 3 good chances on the break, on account of my strikers sucking. Sadly, after 90 nil-nil minutes, said German striker headed in a corner on 90+2 that both hardcore Ricay fans reaching for the razor blades. 0-1 to Villa. Still, it was another half-decent source of income.

FA cup results

League Cup

As stated, I was frugal in the market, but two of my key players came in, in particular a striker who just kept improving after we signed him.

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Manuel Rodríguez Sánchez - Rodríguez Sánchez is yet still the Ricay fan favorite, the goals have dried up sadly though.

Lasse Ikäheimo - The Finnish starlet was no doubt my player of the season, despite what the fans thought. While it took a bit for the goals to start coming, he's no doubt Champions League quality. The PFA Young Players Award voters agreed.

Hans Blom- The young Norwegian midfielder had a bit of an up and down season, but he's easily my next most talented player.

Marcinho - He improved as the season went on. Unquestionably a big piece of our respectable defensive record.

For next year, I'd be happy with 16th again to be honest, so long as we can keep improving the quality of the squad. I'm not terribly impressed with any of the promoted teams, so I think we can manage to avoid relegation again, but I suspect unless we can make some movement in the table the big teams are going to come in for my 3 or 4 best players, and my collection of random European frees are not looking nearly as hot in the reserves as they have in recent seasons.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round; FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 2nd round; FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion; FA Cup - 2nd round; League Cup - 1st round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League One - 3rd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2015/2016 - Coca-Cola Championship - 10th; FA Cup 6th round; League Cup - 2nd round

2016/2017 - Coca-Cola Championship - 6th, promoted via playoffs; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 1st round

2017/2018 - Barclay's Premier League - 16th; FA Cup - Semi Final; League Cup - 2nd round

Carshalton 2020-21 League 1 - 17th

Pretty uneventful season league wise, always staying in the mid table areas. The main positive was that I conceded the 4th least goals, which is good. Did something similar goals conceded wise a while back too, so if I get more shooting boots, then I have a good chance of challenging for the playoffs soon.

Made the 4th round of the FA Cup where I got an away tie against Chelsea. Made just under a million, and only just lost 2-1, which wasn't too bad.

Crashed out of the League Cup in the first round, with a 5-3 loss to Swansea, who I ended up playing 5 times last season :D Won 1, drew 2 and lost 2 against them, but the win got me to the FA Cup 3rd round, where I beat Rushden at home, then got Chelsea, so that was good

JPT wise, crashed out in the second round to Brighton 3-0 after both my keepers were on internationals, so had an 18 year old in goal (since brought an experienced 3rd choice keeper, Dean Brill in)

League: http://i46.tinypic.com/1z4gz1y.jpg

Finances: http://i50.tinypic.com/eg8iv5.jpg

Confidence: http://i45.tinypic.com/11rci0n.jpg

Transfers: http://i50.tinypic.com/jjttgn.jpg

FA Cup 4th round: http://i45.tinypic.com/6zsrwo.jpg

This season, I have arranged 17 friendlies during pre-season, 2 as testimonials for Josh Gray and home product Stuart Russell, away at Doncaster (Gray's first club) and TNS (Russell is Welsh) respectively, 15 being money grabbing ties.

Bad news - Cannot upload the Truro save, as I don't have a copy of it starting on June 25th.

Good news - drew with Rushden in the 3rd round, winner plays Cardiff or Crewe in the 4th round. The draw has been kind, but its ran out now I feel

Bad news - Cannot upload the Truro save, as I don't have a copy of it starting on June 25th.

Good news - drew with Rushden in the 3rd round, winner plays Cardiff or Crewe in the 4th round. The draw has been kind, but its ran out now I feel

That's happened twice now - I suppose it's all the excitement of finally getting them that makes people forget to save. Good luck! I might start focusing on my Oxford save when the next patch comes out.

I'm seeing that a lot of people have the right logos for their clubs in the top left of their profile page. Where can I get those please? :)

That's happened twice now - I suppose it's all the excitement of finally getting them that makes people forget to save. Good luck! I might start focusing on my Oxford save when the next patch comes out.

I'm seeing that a lot of people have the right logos for their clubs in the top left of their profile page. Where can I get those please? :)

Google it. I'm reliably informed that we're not allowed to discuss it.

Or, PM me.

2010/11 Glenn Fitzpatrick - Chippenham Town

Media Prediction: 22nd

Finished: 18th

League Table

It was always going to be difficult I was well aware, we started quite well but had a Hull-like slip mid-season, just managing to keep our heads above water. Performances in the last few games showed signs I was coming to terms with the defensive difficulties, it really is different to FM09 where I performed great with Worksop.

The fun was taken out of the season early days losing 2-0 to Weston Supermere in my first crack at the FA Cup. I'm gradually building towards next season when hopefully we can make a good attempt and get a playoff place. I've decided to play a very defensive, basic style that can hopefully eradicate some silly goals and overall improve my league position, this combined with stronger midfielders and maybe a look at some help from my parent club Swindon can do me some good.#

I'm not too excited by any of my players thus far, I've be closely looking at released players from BSP sides as there's no money available. Onwards and upwards next season, hopefully.

One thing I have noticed in this challenge is that a very high percentage of us WIN play-offs no matter what play-off position we finish in.

I'm doing pretty well with playoffs this year, with 4 wins from 6 attempts.

With my Dartford FM09 game I failed in all three attempts at the playoffs, including two consecutive final losses :(

I've just suffered a giant killing, getting knocked out of the Carling Cup by League 1 Brighton :(

Ouch :( had a couple in the first two seasons I was in the Prem, mind you I wasn't any better than the top Championship sides at that time so it's to be expected really!

Edit: Okay so one top-half finish ever, and that's now the minimum expectation! Aaaargh!

Ouch :( had a couple in the first two seasons I was in the Prem, mind you I wasn't any better than the top Championship sides at that time so it's to be expected really!

I've got a few injuries at the moment so I put out an inexperienced side, so I suppose I can take the blame.

I'm doing pretty well with playoffs this year, with 4 wins from 6 attempts.

With my Dartford FM09 game I failed in all three attempts at the playoffs, including two consecutive final losses :(

Aye, didn't have an awfully good success with playoffs in FM09, the loss in the BSP to Torquay eventually ended up with losing my job at Staines the following season:thdn:

I was awful at the playoffs on 09, had a 0% success record! This year is a bit better, been involved in them 5 times, won 3, out in the semi in the other two.

Haha, just coming up to a League Cup 2nd round match against Chester City from League 2 - first question in the pre-match press conference is "You suffered defeat last time you met Chester. How will that affect the team mentally ahead of the game?" :D I'm sure a loss over a decade ago with none of the same players in the squad will have a huge bearing!

Bradford PA

Season 4

Coca-Cola League 2

2013-2014

Table: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpatable2013-2014.jpg

Well another season gone and no progress, Really disappointing in every aspect :thdn:. After 2 successive promotion to get into the football league it seems ive hit a brick wall :confused:. I actually got a point less than the previous season. Cups disappointing once again. Finances negative once again around -£130k i think.

Transfers: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/bradfordpatransfers2013-2014.jpg

Few transfers, didnt really improve the team an awful lot.

Aims for next season:

• improve league position (top half at least)
  • Have a cup run to help finances
  • Less haste with transfers, think about them more and decide if they will actually improve team.

Season      League                   Position        Achievements 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          3rd            Playoff winners (Promotion)
2011/12    Blue Square Premier        3rd            Playoff winners (Promotion)
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2         19th           n/a
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2         19th           n/a

Nantwich Town – League Two 2013/14 – Season 4

So after missing out on the playoffs last season on the last day, I was hoping to fight for promotion this season

The Board wanted us conslidate our position in League Two, the Media expected us to finish 20th whilst the bookies thought we'd possibly go back down.

Transfers - it was a quiet start to the season, as like with previous seasons most of my seasons had been made back in April/May (it seems to be when players get desperate for any one to offer them a contract), whilst my French scout proved to be a useful addition as three of my new signings were released French youngsters, in October I signed a promising Nigerian Keeper released by Hull and in January Irish Striker Keane arrived on a free with NIrish Winger Clarke, whilst I broke my transfer record by signing Championship Potential DM Matthew Whyte from Ipswich. The rest of my reinforcements were loan players, where I loaned in anyone I could for squad depth.

Player sales were largely releasing my woeful youth players, though £18K was brought in by selling the disappointing Sanchez Watt, though I couldn't get anything for Weljl as he left to reduce the wage budget.

The hopes for a promotion fight this season were quickly ended as we struggled to get going - we couldn't score and were giving away silly goals, a lack of constinecy hurt aswell - we'd win one and then lose one, and going nine games without winning through Nov/Dec saw us get rather close to being dragged into a relegation fight.

With the turn of the year I decided to tweak the tactics I changed our Strategy from Defensive to Attacking and changed Eikrem's role from a deep lying playmaker to an Advanced Attacking Playmaker that saw him get forward a lot more.

That saw our form improve as we tore apart the weaker teams, though we still struggled in various matches, and an increasing injury list wasn't helping.

But again with a game left we found ourselves with the outside chance of snatching the final playoff spot, with one game left the table looked like this:

7  Oxford     70
----------------
8  Shrewsbury 69
9  Nantwich   69
10 Grimsby    68
11 Rushden    67
12 Cheltenham 67

Six of us had a chance to make the playoffs, we'd face Shrewsbury in our final game winning we'd make the playoffs if we won and Oxford didn't.

However it wasn't to be as whilst Oxford could only draw, Shrewsbury beat us 2-0 thanks to two goals from Jody Morris to claim the playoff spot for themselves.

Final Table - 11th Place is a good result considering the first half of the season - we claimed two more points than last season, scoring one less but conceeding seven less.

POS Graph - another season going up and down.

Stats - We are still making to many mistakes, whilst we are still well and truly outmatched wages wise, which isn't helped by my board signing a new four year kit deal worth £8K a year, which leaves us only a little bit behind the rest of the teams.

Whilst our league form wasn't impressive we made up for it in the Paint Trophy, in the First Round we dispatched Bury 3-0 thanks to two goals from a youth player Rawlins.

Round Two saw us take on Notts County - who'd filled their team with quality premiership youngsters, Striker Donaldson cost them £1.7m from Newcastle, whilst Notts County quickly took a 2-0 lead we pegged them back late in the second half to send the game to pens where we beat them 5-3.

The Quarter Finals saw us entertain Doncaster who we also beat on pens 5-4 this time, in the Semi-Final we faced League Leaders Rotherham and again we needed pens to go through, beating them 10-9, my tactic of bringing on good pen takers in the final minutes was working quite well, though I've no idea how we hadn't missed a single pen so far.

In the North Final we took on League One Walsall and took an early lead, but we couldn't hold on as two defensive howlers enabled Walsall to grab a first leg 2-1 victory. In the second leg we got off to a good start thanks to a fluke - a free kick hit a Walsall player then hit my winger Judge to deflect into the goal, and deep into first half injury time Nardiello scored a pen to put us ahead, though in the second half we again gifted Walsall two goals to put Walsall in the lead, but in the 94th minute and with the last kick of the game Nardiello found himself some space in the box and managed to bundle home the winner to send us through to the Final. In the process we set a new record for most goals conceeded.

In the Final we faced Brighton, but we struggled to get going and Brighton punished us from a corner twice, though Jutkiewicz pulled one back Brighton held on as we yet again lost in a final - our other final appearance saw us lose the FA Trophy in 2012.

The other cups didn't go to well as Hartlepool knocked us out of the Carling Cup in the First Round and Notts County knocked us out of the FA Cup with a 120th minute goal in the Firts Round replay :(

Squad

Scottish Keeper Grant Adam continued in Goal and whilst he struggled at the start of the season, he found his form in the second half of the season and managed to keep 13 clean sheets, providing cover was Odion Amaefule a promising Nigerian Keeper released by Hull.

I reinforced the defence this season with Yanis Lacombe brought in at right back and Rhoys Wiggins signed as a left back, providing cover was the Bulgarian Marko Krushovski and Grant Basey - I did try retraining Basey into a Defensive Minded Midfielder, but with injuries he was needed at left back.

In the centre of defence Yanis Abbes was signed to partner Daniel Ayala, with Chris Kirk providing cover.

In Midfield Marinos Andreou and Alan Judge were loaned in to play on the right, though neither really impressed, on the left was the impressive Stephen Brogan with Rachid Ghezzal providing cover.

In the centre of midfield Baptiste Manceau continued as my Defensive Midfielder with the promising Matthew Whyte providing cover. Magnus Eikrem was in fine form as my Attacking Midfielder with the freedom to get forward his killer balls opened up most defences, providing cover was George Moncur.

Upfront Lukas Jutkiewicz and Sean Fitzharris became my new first choices, with Lucas setting a new record of 18 league goals and Fitzharris being named the fans player of the year. Providing cover was Daniel Nardiello and James Keatings along with promising Irish Striker Stephen Keane.

Best XI - right again.

Overall XI - sees three of my new signings make the bench, whilst just three of the starting XI have left the club.

Overview and Confidence - I'm still untouchable.

So the plan for next season is to reinforce the team and again try and have a go at promotion - I've managed to already sign two big name players for next season Lomana LuaLua and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink - whilst both are the wrong side of 32 they should hopefully do the business for at least one season.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th

For a laptop it is quite big, but the resolution is 1920x1080 which is quite high for that size.

That was just the dark version, just checking that it is clear enough for you lot as it is a bit kinder on my eyes with this shiny new screen.

You could do what I do with screenshots and put the game into 1024x768 (or windowed mode and shrink the window) to take the screenshots. (Though I need to enlarge a few this year as all the info doesn't fit at 1024x768 with the default skin).

Though 1920x1080 crammed into a 16" screen is a little insane - my 20" monitor is only 1680x1050.

I really do love the backroom advice (have just played my first game in the BSP for those who cannot remember what level my Hucknall team are currently at!) :D

Not that this would ever happen in real life but it is part of the way this game I am play works so I am happy to make believe.

He looks like he should do a job in the BSP :thup:

How the mighty have fallen judging by the interest :eek:

And yes - he is prepared to talk to us :eek:

Bet he will either have work permit issues or chose someone else though.......................

I really do love the backroom advice (have just played my first game in the BSP for those who cannot remember what level my Hucknall team are currently at!) :D

Not that this would ever happen in real life but it is part of the way this game I am play works so I am happy to make believe.

He looks like he should do a job in the BSP :thup:

How the mighty have fallen judging by the interest :eek:

And yes - he is prepared to talk to us :eek:

Bet he will either have work permit issues or chose someone else though.......................

He won't need a work permit as he is Spanish.

I also signed him in that year, he was great at that level.

I now have my first player to demand a move to a bigger club - my left back Wiggins head has been turned by League One Wycombe - who only have nine players :confused:

I find that setting a high asking price will discourage other clubs from bidding, and if clubs don't bid then the player is very unlikely to become unsettled. And of course, if they do bid, you get a nice fat extortionate transfer fee out of it :)

I find that setting a high asking price will discourage other clubs from bidding, and if clubs don't bid then the player is very unlikely to become unsettled. And of course, if they do bid, you get a nice fat extortionate transfer fee out of it :)

I'd set an asking price of £100K on him (he's only worth £24K) and Exeter have just offered that amount plus some sell on clauses, so off he goes and I now need a new left back, I could have rejected it but his contract expires at the end of the season and with him unhappy he would have left on a free. The annoying thing is that players become unhappy when clubs go to the press, hopefully it's not as bad as FM09 where teams unsettle your players and then never make a bid leaving you with an unhappy player who you struggle to sell.

I've also just noticed I lost a fair bit of money last season - I lost £125K last season and that was half of my bank balance, so I may need to sell another couple of players to keep us out of the red.

Woohoo! survived the Premier League. Thanks to a late push towards the end of the season, I finished the season in a respectable 12th. My star striker, Caamano fired his way to the English Footballer of the Year and the Top Goalscorer with 28 goals in 35 games. Also, Giles Barnes won the Goal of the Season. We reached the Final of the FA Cup but sadly we were defeated 3-0 by Chelsea, disappointing.

Full Season Report coming later.

EDIT - Caamano has now been given the European Golden Boot. woohoo.

I'd set an asking price of £100K on him (he's only worth £24K) and Exeter have just offered that amount plus some sell on clauses, so off he goes and I now need a new left back, I could have rejected it but his contract expires at the end of the season and with him unhappy he would have left on a free.

That's why I set them above what I'd accept :thup: haven't lost a player I wanted to keep in the last two seasons now :)

Although I've probably jinxed myself now :(

Archived