dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just come back from 2-0 down, to win 3-2 in the League Cup 1s round against Colchester away who are in league 2, two divisions below me, thanks to an equaliser and a winner from Kevin Leerdam (as well as an offside goal which at the time would have made it 2-2). Thats a supersub for you, and a tactical victory for me as the players praised me for the half time team talk. The other goal was from one of my other substitutes, Javier.

I also played a 16 year old promising Belgian keeper in goal as my main keeper is not allowed to play cup games seeing as I forgot to check before I submitted the loan in. Not a bad keeper tbf, the first goal was an own goal that bounced off a player after he saved it, the second goal was a decent goal tbf. Did well enough with a 6.7

I have a decent strikeforce consisting of a Norwegian, an Italian, a Spaniard and a Dutchman. I present to you (in the order of the nationalities I just mentioned, Fredrik Tonstad, Gabriele Dalla Bona, Javier Díez (short name Javier) and Michel Xhofleer. Good names imo :thup:

bohoo! after 32 league games i got my first loss! I was hoping to go all season undefeated in the league because i dont think i have ever done that before. Guess it has to be next season:)

Mike Burke just got his first England call up! - and cap!

Grrrr :mad: im off the favoured personnel list but i notice a striker who i bought in the summer is on there admitedly he did scored 24 goals in 28 games.

Ive just sold him in the january transfer window for 300k plus 25% of the next transfer fee and now the fans are unhappy with me:mad:. i thaught it was good business as a got him on a free and 1/2 a season later ive made 300k profit plus ive had a just as good replacement lined up also on a free

Kingstonian (2030/2031)

Premier League Prediction - 2

Premier League Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

A truly disapointing season, we met a bad form just when we were suppose to be playing best and we lost the Semi Finals in the CHL once again.

The other cup where terrible as well. Although i send a weaker team we should have done alot better and we were out after just one game in both League cup and FA Cup.

To make mathers worse we started losing points in the League. After 32 games undefeated we had this terrible form and our lead got smaller by 10 points the last 5 games.

Luckily we had enough to secure the title in the end.

Terrible just terrible after our big lead after 30 games that it had to come down to the last two games to win the league. and getting knocked out in the overtime of the CHL semis.

Squad

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Robson

Burke

Brackenridge

Elliot

Henry

Canham

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

We need to do better. I need to win a cup or two next year. And try to blend in some more of my own youth products in the squad

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  [b]Champions League Winners[/b]
Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  [b]Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED[/b]
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions

Congratz kaNovi you've got some good youth prospects there:thup:

My first board takeover on fm10 has just finished, taking just over half a season and the first thing they do is terminate the link with my parent club, Chelsea :mad:, and they didnt even provide me with any extra investment:mad:

My youth academy is really unbelievable.. i have never had this many great players promoted ever in any FM game! This makes me positiv that i might have a chance of winning PL+CL with only my own prospects. Im gonna give the new guy as many games as possible, think i might just let him be a starter? to see how far he can get and how many goals he can score for the club

Was about to end the transfer window thinking I'd signed enough quality but then realised I was sorely lacking at CB. Gois should be good in the future but noticed his partner Lopez was 24 and wasn't going to be more than decent. I decided to bring in Papa Gueye and Danny Morais instead and I'm glad I did. Shipped out Parkhurst and Lopez is in contract talks. Both those two should be there for a couple more years allowing Gois to develop. Have McIntosh as well to come back from loan. Will be on the lookout for a young quality CB though in the future. Squad should now be able to challenge for the title and a top 4 spot. This is it.

Phew that was a tough first transfer window in the Championship, got myself a couple good players but I also lost my strongest MC, and failed to pick up a good GK so far...not sure how the season is going to go but I have a feeling I won't be topping the charts again.

International Management

Copa America Brazil

I was looking to try to win the Copa America before moving on to another International management job.

Group Stage Did alright but there was room for improvement in all the matches

The Quarter Finals against Uruguay we played better and i was sure we would make it to the final when i saw we were meeting Peru in the Semis

Semi Finals STUNNED! just a terrible display and i would have to try another country if im to win the Copa America. Its a little embarrasing losing to Peru, Brazil has the best squad in the world :(

Nation  Competetion           Year       Achievement

Finally the best Youth product this year is an attacking force! im gonna play him straight away in the ST position! he could become a club legend!

Now on to Copa America

Looks very good :thup: unlucky with the poor run at the end of the season, I seem to be slow starting now. Last season lost 2 of the opening 4 in the league, this season I'm 100% in the league but lost the two mickey mouse cups for the first time on FM10 :(

There is some kind of curse in my game. In the league cup we havent won the last 3 3rd round matches? even tho i play a pretty good team we lose to Championship squad at home. Its unbelievable..

Edit: actually its 6 years i havent won a 3rd round league cup match :-O

There is some kind of curse in my game. In the league cup we havent won the last 3 3rd round matches? even tho i play a pretty good team we lose to Championship squad at home. Its unbelievable..

I used to have a pretty poor record against them, but I worked out how to play against them now :) instead of going more attacking, either stay the same as you would against a Premiership side, or even go to Counter. Works like a charm (at least with my players/tactics anyway).

I use the same tactics the only difference is that i use a couple of players who doesnt get that many league/important matches

That's strange then... perhaps try switching out the whole first XI? I do that - certainly for the league cup - and it seems to give a better level of performance than changing half the team as I used to do in the FA Cup.

I've just lost a pen shootout in the cruelest way possible - Sunderland's final and winning pen strikes the post rolls along the line hits my Keeper as he lands from his dive and rolls over the line :(

EDIT: And I've just noticed Sunderland were using a youth keeper against me who got man of the match, looks like I really need some new strikers :(

I'm satisfied with my start at Truro. 7 goals scored in 5 games is a bit of a worry, but one conceded in that time and 2nd place in the BSS is far less worrying.

All of my signings have been freebies, which isn't a surprise at this level and few of them have featured, Simon Downer aside. The guy is a beast and I'm surprised he agreed to sign.

Argyle are on board as a parent, but none of their kiddies fancy the commute to Truro and the 8k a year isn't going to make much difference. Hey ho.

I haven't done much LLM in FM10, but so far so good. In previous versions I found hoofball to be the best way out of the BSS/N, but I've got my lads playing some quite attractive football, even if I need a decent striker to finish the moves off. Hopefully the Premiership/Championship releasees will be willing to sign for a BSP team when I get promoted. Flooding my squad with kiddies capable of playing in League One/Two always did the trick in previous versions.

I'm pretty confident I've got the measure of the BSS, though. Anything but promotion at the first attempt will be a failure.

Nuneaton Town

2010/11 Review

Blue Square North

For much of the first half of the season it looked like I was merely treading time until the board sacked me; indeed when we lost against Ilkeston in late December, the media were very much expecting the axe to fall. However, a few games prior we had switched to a 4-3-3 and it finally came good in the next match at Eastwood, sparking a fifteen match unbeaten league run which fired us well into play-off contention. A couple of draws (against Stalybridge and Workington) were followed by two defeats (against Alfreton and Corby) to end our run and put us in serious danger of losing our grip on 5th place right at the end, but we ended the season with two good wins (over Cambridge City and Ilkeston) to make sure we were in the play-offs.

In the play-offs we were pitted against Hinckley, and though we had much the better of the home leg, we could manage only a 1-1 draw. We were gifted a chance in the second leg when Hinckley were reduced to ten men right on half time, but we conceded from a corner on the hour and couldn't force our way back in. Hinckley went on to win promotion, beating Alfreton in the final.

League Positions Graph

FA Cup

We were forced into a replay in the 2nd qualifying round against Redbridge and managed to sneak through, but we couldn't repeat the trick against King's Lynn in the 3rd qualifying round, losing the replay 3-0 on our own turf.

FA Triphy

We met our target of the second round, having disposed of Forest Green and Market Drayton in the rounds previous. We drew at Alfreton in the 2nd round, forcing a replay at our place, but a poor performance saw us lose 2-1 and get dumped out.

Transfers

The squad was pretty small when I joined so we had to make up the numbers, and we did that pretty well, though it was some of our loan signings who fared particularly well, particularly those on three month deals such as striker Josh Knight, defender Luke O'Neill and midfielder Zeyn S-Latef. Goalkeeper Adam Legzdins did well enough in his short spell that, when Crewe sent him packing on a free transfer, we picked him up without hesitation.

Key Players

Ryan Austin

One of our two season-long loans, Ryan joined from Burton and was rock solid in the centre of our defence. He was the only one of our centre backs not to net an own goal and I'll be trying hard to get him back on board for next season.

Danny Cullip

A free transfer that I was very happy with, Danny brought a lot of experience to our defence and quite often ended up captaining the side, having taken regular captain Andy Duncan's place in the team. Despite his advancing years he's penned another one year deal in the hope that he can help take us up next season.

Chris Rowney

I never really considered him a regular starter in our midfield at the start of the season, but played as the defensive point on the midfield once we switched to the 4-3-3, he became invaluable. He had an eye for getting forward at the right time and that seriously helped his assist count and he'll be in the side from the off next season.

Robert Duffy

Brought in on loan from Mansfield, Robert took a while to settle into the league team but played well alongside Michael Proctor, and though he missed his fair share of chances, I'd be willing to look at bringing him back next season.

Michael Proctor

The undoubted star of the show, Michael was the fourth top scorer in the league, though he could have been joint top had he not missed three penalties in the course of the league campaign. I thought his pace (or stunning lack thereof) might hold him back a little, but he was consistent throughout the season and now stands as the club's top league goalscorer of all time with 25.

Next Season

After missing out in the play-offs, the next logical step is to aim for promotion. I'm sure that's what the board will want and it's what I want too. There are a good few players leaving at the end of their contracts in the summer, so it will be a busy period trying to bring players in, but if we can do that and build on the strengths we already have then I'm confident that we can at least match this season, and hopefully do better once the play-offs come around.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final

Cheers, guys :) The board definitely expect promotion for 2011/12 and the media are predicting us to finish 2nd, but the wage budget has been cut by a third, so it could prove difficult.

Yeah didn't have fun with Nuneaton to be honest, they expected a lot and it was hard to build a team fast enough to justify the reputation of the club.

Well pre season hasn't gone well. 7 friendlies, 1 win, 1 draw, 5 defeats. Morale is not high going into the league season :( Still, I think I've pulled in a few good signings, so maybe it's just a case of getting them to gel better.

Well pre season hasn't gone well. 7 friendlies, 1 win, 1 draw, 5 defeats. Morale is not high going into the league season :( Still, I think I've pulled in a few good signings, so maybe it's just a case of getting them to gel better.

I always arrange a friendly against a tiny team at the end of preseason to max out morale - put 8 or 9 past Tooting & Mitcham this year (sorry dafuge :D)

Sutton Utd L1 2013/14

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 6th round 2-0 to Bristol City

JPT: lost in 2nd round to Brighton 2-1

League Cup: lost in 2nd round to peterborough 2-1

League: 7th

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

After a slowish start things really picked up and we slowly crept into the playoff spots and were even 1st at 1 point. but we could not continue this run of form and we dropped to mid table and stayed there for quite a while. In the last 2 or 3 games i played some of my younger players who managed to get us a few wins and push us into 7th including a last day 3-0 away win albeit against already relegated leyton orient.

Overall im happy with this finish, after 3 succesive promotions i would have been happy to take this although we still need a lot of work done to push for a playoff place or automatic as we got battered by some of the higher teams, conceding 4 or 5 goals as well.

Player/s of the season

Ruben Ramos , Stats - He was so amazing that he scored 10 more goals than any of my other players and he was only with us for half a season. unfortunately he wanted to move to a bigger club but i made 300k + 50% of next sale. He scored 24 in 28 in the league and 31 in 35 overall :eek: he then went on to score 10 in 13 for swansea which saw him claim the league 1 golden boot by 4 clear goals

Paolo Sanna - my replacement to Ruben Ramos he didnt do to badly scoring 11 in 19.

Igor -The club's top scorer shows he can cut it in league 1 despite having to spend a bit of the season on the bench. He scored 21 in 25 appearances and 24 sub appearances.

Cups

Fa cup, incredible!!! we managed to get to the 6th round (quater finals) and we had a decent opportunity to make it to the semis but we got thrashed by Bristol City. fortunately the scoreline flattered us.

We started with a few easy draws against lower league opposition, then in the 4th round we were drawn against championship strugglers Forest, we went on to give them a lesson in finishing, beating them 4-1 at their ground.

But more was to come as we were then drawn against premiership high flyers Fulham, to be honest we were completely out played but managed to take the lead in the 50th min, the lead didnt last long as they equalizes in the 52nd min, then Sutton born Freddie Gleeson, from our own youth setup, gets the winner in the 86th min.

I was hoping for a much bigger team in the quater finals, in the draw there were teams like chelsea, man city, man utd, liverpool, arsenal i really wanted a money spinner but we get the only non premiership team(apart from us)

League cup: managed to get my 1st win in this competition but never looked likely of making it further than the 2nd round

JPT: slightly disappointed as we were beaten but League 1 relegation candidates Brighton.

Finances:

improving nicely now and the board have finally allowed the expansion of my training and youth facilities.

[color=black]Career so far:[/color]

[color=black]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[color=black]2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs[/color]
[color=black]2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion [/color]
[color=black]2012/13   League 2                   3rd       Automatic Promotion[/color]
2013/14   League 1                   7th       N/A

It looks like my 3 loan guys provided me with some stability. After 9 games I'm sitting in 3rd place with 16 points.

Strangely enough its not hot boy Napoli that bangs in the goals. No its old-timer Johansen with 6 goals for 9 matches now.

Kingstonian (2031/2032)

Premier League Prediction - 2

Premier League Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

Another bad season, seriusly im so annoyed that we cant get the CHL or the FA Cup trophy back.

But we didnt feel like playing a final 1 so we of cause also blew

the CHL Semi But i understand the team, why bother when we already won the PL.

The only team i havent got my revenge against is Aston Villa so this much be to no1 goal next season. They are going down!

Squad

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Bowler Huge expectations towards this guy

Robson

Burke

Brackenridge Had a loan spell playing 20 games in the Championship

Elliot

Henry

Canham

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Win it all.

Have to admit that im getting a bit bored and i might take a break soon. I have a lot of classes this semester so well see

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  [b]Champions League Winners[/b]
Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  [b]Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED[/b]
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
Premier League	      2031/32   1st	  Premier League Champions

Archived