Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

Managed to get Changwon City to qualify for the 2013 N-League playoffs. We're in 3rd at the moment, with 3 matches left, but still have games against Sangju and Gwangju (both relegated from the K-League last season, and both well ahead of us; Sangju were relegated despite finishing 5th in the K-League). Not bad for a team that was predicted to finish 11th out of 14.

Think I'll leave after the season though. We're leaking money (attendances around 600) and the board are putting pressure on me to sell players to raise funds (uh, nobody is interested in our players).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I had my Copa Del Rey Second Round matchup with Girona and I wanted to have a decent cup run this season. Ooooooh no.

It was the closest I've ever been to reloading a game, as with 2 injuries, 2 red cards, 2 players unavailable due to friendlies and 3 mistakes, we lost 2-3.

Absolutely shocking

Managed to get Changwon City to qualify for the 2013 N-League playoffs. We're in 3rd at the moment, with 3 matches left, but still have games against Sangju and Gwangju (both relegated from the K-League last season, and both well ahead of us; Sangju were relegated despite finishing 5th in the K-League). Not bad for a team that was predicted to finish 11th out of 14.

Think I'll leave after the season though. We're leaking money (attendances around 600) and the board are putting pressure on me to sell players to raise funds (uh, nobody is interested in our players).

In my brief spells in South Korea I have found the money really tough to manage, would be good to hear how that changes if you go up and stick at the job

Wow. I had my Copa Del Rey Second Round matchup with Girona and I wanted to have a decent cup run this season. Ooooooh no.

It was the closest I've ever been to reloading a game, as with 2 injuries, 2 red cards, 2 players unavailable due to friendlies and 3 mistakes, we lost 2-3.

Absolutely shocking

FM has a habit of screwing you over like that sometimes :D For instance I hate being 3-0 up from a first leg in a tie because I can guarantee the opposition will make a real fight of the 2nd leg :D Seems like on the whole you are enjoying the save though

Changwon faded at the end, finishing 4th, losing the last 3 matches (humiliated 5-1 at Sangju, poor in a 0-2 home defeat to Ansan Hallelujah, and brave in a 2-1 loss at Gwangju in which we took the lead early only for Gwanju to finally breach our bunker in the 2nd half).

Managed to get through the first round of the playoffs with a 1-0 extra-time revenge over Hallelujah, then looked lost in a 0-3 home defeat to Ulsan HMD.

Board was offering a new contract, but I decided it was time to move on to pastures new.

Depending on how quickly I find a new job, I'll probably go ahead and start a new thread.

Looks like I'm staying in South Korea. Just got the job at Gangwon FC (just lost the relegation playoff, so they're going down to the N-League).

EDIT: Speaking of leaking cash though, their bank balance is 2.3M in the red. :eek:

Some big wages coming off the books this month though.

Gangwon would be decent job if you can sort the money out, you should be able to attract decent players to come.

They're $5,000/week over the wage budget, but among the players with expiring contracts is a 30-year-old on $9,000/week.

I'm genuinely wondering if this is the one window of opportunity for us to get promoted.

We're playing out of our skins, yet I fear that all the young talent I've managed to snare will go at the end of the season...

Welp. End of 2017 and we are a staggering 1st in LIGA adelante! A full 14 points clear of second place!

This team has accrued a record of 16-1-1 so far and have been utterly immense.

The only problem I've found is that we have had a LOT of injuries in the last month, including long-term ones to Solvi Ottesen & Aylia Yussef, our dominating DC's. Without them, we have been struggling, as we only conceded 9 goals in 14 games and then conceded 5 in two.

Our only defeat was a VERY disappointing 1-3 loss to Deportivo La Coruna. Two goals were scored while players were injured on the ground and we had a definite goal ruled out, which would have made it 2-2. Very disappointing.

Gonna look at shipping a lot of players out, deadline-wise, as they're all bitching about playing time.

Coming towards the end of my first season with Truro City and with four matches remaining I have found myself in this position.

4th) Eastleigh (69) +23

5th) Weston-super-Mare (62) +20

---

6th) Salisbury (61) +19

7th) Hayes & Yeading (60) 0

8th) Truro (59) +9

9th) Basingstoke (59) +7

10th) Chelmsford (52) +13

Not bad considering at the beginning of the season we were predicted to come last and in administration. The play-offs appeared out of reach until I had a closer look at my remaining fixtures.

Eastbourne Boro (H) 21st

AFC Hornchurch (A) 20th

Farnborough (H) 18th

Tonbridge (A) 17th

Taking into account a few injuries and the large gap in goal difference I'm not sure how this will all play out but it will certainly be an interesting end to the season.

First game back in Liga BBVA for 17 years and we lose an insane one 5-6 against Malaga C.F..

First four goals (2-2) were all from mistakes, we went down 2-5, then 3-6, then scored two late goals.

David Silva got 5.5 on his debut

Needed a break from being a (relatively) big club, so this week I started in Poland's second tier at Stomil Olsztyn. Managed to get promoted at the first time of asking, but I'm expecting next season to be pretty tough with no money, no facilities and a ramshackle old stadium. Just what I was looking for.

It's October and 7 games in, we're sitting 9th in Liga BBVA with a 3-2-2 record.

I realised that I needed to invest heavily in the side to keep us up as a lot of the youth are nowhere near ready for the first team. I picked up a number of free transfers in MC/AMRLC David Silva, MC Benat, M/AMRC Serge Gnabry, AMC/ST Paco Alcacer, AMC/ST Alberto Bueno and many, many more. DC Raul Albiol came in on loan and we spent money on a number of youth players and a whopping £3.5m on ST Oscar Trejo.

We lost our opener 5-6 to Malaga C.F, however, a spirited 0-0 draw with Athletic Bilbao was followed by a 2-1 win over FC Cartengena gave us our first win. We then settled into a decent rhythm. Dreading playing Madrid, Barcelona et al

I have just been listed as favoured personnel by Stewart Yetton. He is regarded as a Truro City legend and has scored 44 goals from 77 games with 23 assists under my management, I promoted him from vice captain to captain for the 2013-14 season when Jake Ash was no longer a guaranteed starter for the side.

I think it is fair to say Andy Watkins has hit a bit of form... He scored a hat-trick only to follow it up with a four goal effort in the following game. Not bad for a guy who was in terrible form at the start of the year and lost his place to 19 year old Kieffer Moore who scored 6 goals in 11 games until getting injured and allowing Watkins to regain his starting role.

• 4 months later...

This thread has now been added as a sticky at the top of the FMCU. It had been discussed by a few that it would be a good idea for this, and that way those people who don't want to create a thread can still offer updates to their careers in here.

:thup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just started a new Journeyman with FM14 on Malaysia Start date (Dec 2012) (With 119 Countries and More than 250 Leagues) (I eliminate some leagues because editor data usage limitation) and I applied to available teams from league start order... So First Start is FIJI etc... I interviewed with mostly fijian and Irish level 3-4 teams. My Best offer came from Fiji national league... (It's better than level 4 of ireland) I took Labasa with full of greys (And few real players also) (I don't like use add players to playable teams) It has been first day free regens available to poach but most of them not came to my team. (Non-Contract or 25 £ youth contract only I can offer)

Now I have 15 players registered & 2 non-registered (February Transfers) (I made 9 transfer in plus 3 released from original squad.) I have subs 1 dc backup 1 st backup (Non registered and not playable until july 1 st backup and 1 dm backup) (I have 2 ML and I don't play wings... :) (usual back 4-2DM 2AMC 2 St is my tactics)

I'm in March yet and in 10 teams league Played 4 Won 3 Lose 1 (To 10th Place team who predicted 9th) yet I'm on 2nd place... I hope to have a good performance and Take a job an OFC winnable club in New Zealand Preferred before coming to europe/asia/africa/s. america/n. america...

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how much I get frustrated by the save or how far I am into it. I still keep going back to my Indonesian save. The 2044-45 season we finished 4th and lost the Indonesian Cup Final. The season after we won the league for the first time in 9 seasons. Now usually that would guarantee you qualification for the following seasons Champions League Qualifiers but unfortunately we went through two CVAs and administration before that which meant second place were entered into the tournament. That season we finished second losing out to last seasons runners up. Financially we're £800k+ in the red again and the CVA is slowly crippling us even though we're clearing it fairly quickly.

No matter how much I get frustrated by the save or how far I am into it. I still keep going back to my Indonesian save. The 2044-45 season we finished 4th and lost the Indonesian Cup Final. The season after we won the league for the first time in 9 seasons. Now usually that would guarantee you qualification for the following seasons Champions League Qualifiers but unfortunately we went through two CVAs and administration before that which meant second place were entered into the tournament. That season we finished second losing out to last seasons runners up. Financially we're £800k+ in the red again and the CVA is slowly crippling us even though we're clearing it fairly quickly.

You should stay with that save forever. :D

Starting out as Worksop on FM14, the new non-contract terms are wreaking havoc with my pre-season recruitment. Good addition to the game though, adds a sense of realism to the lower league grind.

I agree - it has helped me with building a competitive team (at least for the first quarter of the season played so far) in the German 5th Division career I started recently

Archived