The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2009

The Minsterman

38163478.jpg

As the new season dawns we have arrived at that time of year once again when the database scene really comes to life and once again this will see the release of another official Susie database brought to you by yours truly, TheMinsterman. Those of you who have been around for a while may remember my update as the "TheMinsterman Update" and whilst the name has changed, the quality has not, if anything this year the database promises to be the best yet! Work has been underway on the database since the release of the last patch for Football Manager 2009 back in February/March and has been near enough non-stop for this duration as I have tweaked, polished and gotten ready to present my new update ready for the close of the transfer window in September.

What can you expect from this year's edition? Well, one of the criticisms I have taken on board from previous releases is peoples wish for an increase of depth in transfers outside the British Isles and the "Big Leagues" like Serie A, La Liga and so on. This year the update includes transfers from all across Europe and the America's, even some in South Africa too! This year's update promises to be the most in depth I have ever released as far as transfers go and will hopefully help alleviate some peoples issues with the previous instalments, I can guarantee that it is far more in depth than it has been before.

As well as looking a bit further afield as regards transfers, I have also managed to complete all of the league swaps across Europe (so far) so those teams who should have gone up and down have, and those who have won competitions now have done, sadly some leagues made my life difficult with the restructuring of their leagues but never mind, these things are sent to test us database editors! Hopefully the latest news on the database editor front for the next edition will fulfil all its promise!

There are several more features of the database that I will cover over the coming weeks in a series of previews which will contain all sorts goodies and exciting information and hopefully will get you interested for the new season of football and maybe even give you some idea's for games before the database is finally released in September.

Please feel free to discuss the update in this thread and what you would like to see included, after all I make this not only for myself but for all of you too and your feedback is always greatly appreciated!

Roll on September!

- TheMinsterman

38163478.jpg

I am pleased to announce the release of the Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2009 Version 1! It has been a very long road for me and has taken hours upon hours of labour but finally I have reached a stage where I am happy for the release to be made public. Version One includes extensive player cleansing across Europe, promotions and relegations across Europe, financial tweaks, reputation tweaks and hundreds of other little additions I hope you will all enjoy. Whilst I have tried my best to make the database as accurate as possible it is not humanly possible to spot everything and I would hope that people will patiently and politely report any errors with the database.

I hope you all enjoy this year's edition, I will be sure to keep track of your responses and reply as best I can whilst I also plan what tweaks I intend to make to the database for fixes and patches in the next week or so.

Place the database in My Document > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > db. It is intended for play on the 9.0.3 patch for Football Manager 2009 but I have included text files which you can use to backdate the database to previous databases, be warned I have not tested these so cannot be responsible if they do not work perfectly. I have merely edited the required version within the text file for each patch, please let me know if they do not work!

I would like to thank everybody who has helped with research on the project, Marc Wallace for his help in Scotland, the staff at sortitoutsi.net for their support and interest which kept my interest up in the days where I really couldn't be bothered going through all the processes I put in place and everybody who has kept up a keen interest in this project throughout.

Please try and be tactful if you find any errors, I have like many other editors dedicated many, many hours of my life to make this for free, all I ask is for constructive criticism in return if you find any faults with the database.

Filefront - http://www.filefront.com/14467693/The%20Official%20sortitoutsi.net%20Update%202009.zip THIS IS AN OUTDATED DATABASE

sortitoutsi.net - Link coming soon.

Patch 1.1 Available for Download

http://www.filefront.com/14527475/Patch%201.1.zip NOW OUTDATE, LATEST PATCH BELOW

Version 1.2

http://www.filefront.com/14562079/The%20Official%20sortitoutsi.net%20Update%202009%201.2.zip

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thebigman, currently I haven't touched any of the existing players (obviously I have to for newly created one) but that isn't to say I won't, I never however unfairly upgrade or downgrade players, only tweak the blatantly over valued or under valued ones.

GerdMuller, thank you for the link.

walk, thank you very much.

ok, i pick your update to keep me occupied till october then minsterman

ps how do u add an update? does it install or do u 'add' the database?

Extract to your 'Documents & Settings\SI\FM2009\db' folder and you're good to go. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

21463253.jpg

Welcome to the first preview of the Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2009! I was pleased to announce that an update was officially on its ways not too long ago and I am now delighted to bring you the first preview of the latest update from myself TheMinsterman.

Today's preview will cover a feature that is exclusive (on the scale it is done) to the Official sortitousi.net Update 2009 and one that I can guarantee you will find nowhere else on the update scene (again on the scale it has been done to)! For those of you who have being playing my updates for the past few years will be familiar with what I am about to discuss, but for those of you who are not I will be going into the feature in a bit more depth.

A term you will soon become familiar with when I am discussing the update is "Player Cleansing", let me take a moment to explain exactly what I mean. When you start up a game you will notice that some players are unavailable for transfer as they have just arrived at the club, whilst you may be able to bid for them it is only the clubs with huge reputations that can entice them away so quickly. Common happiness ratings will be "Pleased to have joined..." and so on and these prevent players from immediately leaving clubs following a transfer. What is my point I hear you ask? Well, a pet hate of mine when playing updates is that I am unable to sign players who had moved to their respective clubs the previous season and as such I have created the process of player cleansing.

So what is player cleansing? Basically it is the lengthy process of going through teams and finding players who are happy to have joined their new clubs and un-ticking their join dates so that they are no longer pleased to have joined their clubs within the database. This is a process which takes many, many hours and as I say is exclusive to this very update (once again in the scale it has been done to) through a serious amount of hours of work. Those who played the old Minsterman Updates will be familiar with this feature and its presence within the English league system but I am delighted (quite literally after the work it has taken) to announce that it has spread much further than simply the English league system!

WorldMapPlayerHappiness.png

Above is a map which shows the countries involved in the player cleansing process, blue signifies that every playable team in that country has been cleansed that includes the top leagues and any below them. Green signifies that all the teams in the top flight of the country have been cleansed.

Player cleansing is a very difficult process to undertake but one which will be very much worthwhile when you finally get the opportunity to play this year's update in early September with a scheduled release date coming very soon in upcoming previews!

I hope you enjoyed the first Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2009 preview and I can't wait until release day!

- TheMinsterman

Minsterman, sorry I havent been able to send you the info you requested...been tried down with work, have not even gotten the time to play the game :(...

Anyways, just asking, where you able to add the info that I did provide?

Cheers

Very impressive if you get it out Sept 1st with the transfer window closing at 5pm and everything. I would guestimate a day or two after to make sure all transfers have been covered. Looks like a top update mate, .even if you haven't touched player CA, PA, attributes etc. If you got any of that done, looks like it could be the best update. If not then its not too hard to edit any players I think deserve an increase/decrease.

thebigman, yes roughly, they will all be out before October at the very least. The final ones will simply fix any issues missed in the first release and expand the amount of club finances etc that have are tweaked.

EDIT - I am happy to take requests for screenshots of clubs for those interested.

hi minsterman, do u accept information from us the fans on specific clubs? i am a big fan of juventus and i build on whichever update i download to make sure that my juve is as accurate as possible. a lot of times the minute details like coaches, board members, co-ownerships, loan deals, etc go untouched and as we all know these little things do affect the game. look forward to the update. first time i heard about the cleansing bit. seems nice indeed.

padlee, I will try and fit in the S-League data but it may not be in the first release.

lyw-85, I haven't tweaked any of the players and shan't be for version one, the further release with fixes however will include a database without player tweaks and one with them to suit everybodies tastes.

Minsterman,

I am really looking forward to an announcement on this update.

I wanted to ask a few questions about the update:

- Are you updating kits and other 'cosmetic' bits? If so, will you be using the default kit styles (I hope so!)

- Everton screenshot request!

- Also, what skin are you using in the links you have posted up - I loove it!

Cheers for you hard work.

Moyesiah, 1) Thus far all English league clubs and Scottish league clubs have had their kits updated for the coming season, I will try and do as many as I can for version one, but if I don't get time I will do for version two. I won't be messing with the kits, just the colours. 2) I will get you a Everton screenshot shortly. 3) It is the Official sortitoutsi.net Skin, its currently available on the website but it will be packaged with the update, in fact the next preview will go over something regarding this...

Matt VXR, thank you very much and indeed this goes to everybody, asides from an accurate database for myself to play with all your priase makes the whole editting incredibly worthwhile and are greatly appreciated.

iTom, noted and I have now released him.

Archived