All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks guys. Yes, it is total madness! Poland was actually 2nd in the coefficient rankings for the season, which gave us an extra team qualifying for Europe this season! But even though we have 5 teams qualify for Europe, Legia were so poor that they missed out (by a point ). And Śląsk Wrocław were relegated! Just a crazy season overall.
  3. Today
  4. Haukar - Icelandic First Division (Season 4) Interesting season this was. We rotated a the squad a lot more this season than I did in the previous ones. We didn't make the promotion playoffs but we won the Icelandic Cup which means we're qualified for the European Conference Cup next season. Hopefully that means we'll make some money, we need it. Transfers: Youth Intake: Best new youth player: Next season's goal is the same as always, promotion.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are gearing up to face off next month with each fighter determined to carve their names into the annals of boxing history. The heavyweight contest will see the crowning of the first undisputed heavyweight champion since 1999, marking a major moment for the sport. Originally slated for February 17, the bout faced an unexpected setback when Fury suffered a cut to his eye during a sparring session, forcing a postponement. Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury Live Stream Free Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury Live Stream Free However, the disappointment of fans was swiftly assuaged as a new date was swiftly arranged: May 18. Taking place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Both Fury and Usyk are going head to head for the WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF titles. Fury enters the ring following a lackluster performance against Francis Ngannou while Usyk is riding the momentum of a big victory over Brit, Daniel Dubois last August. The ramifications of this showdown extend far beyond the ring, with the winner very likely to secure a future clash against Anthony Joshua in what would be one of the biggest fights in the sport's storied history. When is Fury vs Uysk? The huge clash will take place on Saturday, May 18 2024. Where will it take place? The fight is set to take place the Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. What are the fight and ringwalk times? Event and ringwalk times are yet to be confirmed however the undercard is expected to get underway at 6pm UK time with main event ringwalks possibly happening around 11pm. However it could be much later than that if Joshua and Ngannou's Saudi Arabian based fight is anything to go by with the pair not emerging for their walk to the ring until 12:30am UK time. What are Fury and Usyk's records? Fury has taken on 35 fights in his career and has a record of 34-0-1 with 24 KOs. Oleksandr Usyk's record reads as 21 fights with 21 wins and no defeats with 17 knock-outs. Who is on the card? Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk - for the WBC, WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles Joe Cordina vs Anthony Cacace - for IBF super-featherweight title Jai Opetaia vs Mairis Briedis - for vacant IBF cruiserweight title Sergey Kovalev vs Robin Sirwan Safar Bakhodir Jalolov vs TBA Isaac Lowe vs Hasibullah Ahmadi
  7. January 2028 A long, tough month to start the new year as we played 8 games in four competitions: But first, transfer business... there was none. Media gossip about interest in our players came to nothing, no bids were received. And since no players left, we had no need - and no registration room - to bring in anyone else. On the pitch, we continued our imperious unbeaten run in the league - four games played, four games won, 10 goals scored, two conceded. We came close to an upset in the Supercopa, narrowly losing to Barcelona, and avoided an upset in the Copa del Rey as we crushed Mercia on their own turf. The Champions League was rather more interesting. A visit from Italian giants Inter had the potential to be a defeat but the visitors seemed only to have the ambition of not losing as they played virtually the whole match in a defensive stance. Fortunately, two goals in four minutes in the final quarter-hour gave us the win we deserved. Despite our excellent form, I fully expected us to return from Liverpool empty-handed but once again the team showed character and twice came from behind to secure a draw. We also had a good chance to win it in the final minutes as we found our DM Barranechea on the edge of the Liverpool box. He controlled it well, took a moment to steady himself, and smashed his shot against the post. Since we had already qualified for the Round of 16, I could afford to be philosophical about the miss. I've lost track of where our unbeaten run stands but it's probably around 60 games without defeat now, and the loss to Barcelona in the Supercopa is our only defeat of the season in any competition. In Europe we're not quite as convincing, as evidenced by draws against Juventus, Spurs and Liverpool. We continue to spread the goals around the squad - we've scored 64 goals in 21 league matches, and Strand Larsen is still our top scorer with 9. I have no idea how long we can keep it going, but we'll do our best.
  8. Season 2024 / 25 - 2. Bundesliga July 2024 So technically we had our first game of the season at the end of July and with a threadbare squad I was worried, especially given we were away to recently relegated Heidenheim. Incredibly we took the lead through Ravaglioli and held on until half time. Absolute scenes. However, second half they absolutely battered us and levelled it up on 55 mins. Just as we'd looked to have done enough to hang on a winner five minutes from the end gave the home side a deserved win but we'd put a good account in. I think my assistant summed it up well enough with this little gem in game: No kidding. His position should probably be the bench at this level. August 2024 Transfers Thankfully we did manage to get these lot in after the opener against Heidenheim: Unbelievably, we actually paid a fee for a player and signed two strong looking defensive players with Premier League pedigree. What is happening! Permanent Deals Cheikhou Kouyaté (free) looked like he'd be a great defensive screen and was really pleased to get him in; was one of those signings that happened thanks to a player / coach role. David Karavatakis (£7.5k). We actually paid a team a fee for a player. Whilst checking out some of the Oceanic u21 squads Karavatakis caught my eye as he was wanted by a couple of clubs; then saw he had a release fee clause of £7.5k. Actually looked like he had a bit of potential as well and would definitely do a job in our team at the moment. Eliaquim Mangala (free) was another one that would give us great experience and quality in the team. I felt it was key to get some old heads in amongst the young loan squad we had built. Loans Yacine Chaib was signed a bit blind as he was a French u21 international in their first team. I was hoping for a bit more quality but he'd do. Francis Onyeka looked like he'd really develop into a top player but to be honest he was another that didn't look quite up to the mark for the second tier at this stage. John Mellberg was one I'd been keeping an eye on and having seen (and managed him) before was happy to pick him up as a good CB option. Johaneko Louis-Jean was another blind one from the French u21. Not a huge wage but there was a fee to be paid to supplement his loan. Not hugely excited by him but we had to chance it on a few of these players given there isn't enough money to even scout in some cases. Dane Scarlett was a really interesting one. The Spurs youngster had been hailed as a huge prospect a couple of years back but hadn't really kicked on yet. Given we had no loan fee to pay we'd take a chance. Kian Fitz-Jim. Really liked this one, he's versatile and has been another player I've really got a tune out of in recent FM games. Elione Fernandes-Neto looked class and would help us shore things up as a ball winner in the middle. Was really looking for a replacement for Rzatkowski and hopefully he'd fit the bill. Christian Cugnata was another blind punt at full back and again as per the theme, didn't fill me with confidence as a first team option. Last one in was Felix Hagmann who was cheap enough (wage wise) and was importantly another body at full back to give a bit of depth. Results Paderborn at home showed the gulf in class; we were properly second best and it was youth prospect Faruk Esmeray who got our consolation. We then proceeded to beat top flight Werder Bremen in the DFB Pokal; Ejaria and Canpolat put us ahead and despite being absolutely roasted all game the visitors could only pull one back and we'd made it through to the next stage! Karlsruhe was a hard fought game and we went ahead on 53 mins thanks to a Zeroli header from a pinpoint Canpolat (better stop slating him) delivery. Unfortunately the vistors equalised on 86 mins and we'd missed a great chance to get our first win of the league season. St Pauli was a rollercoaster. Home side looked in control at 1-0 but Ravaglioli and Canpolat scored late on to give us the lead and what looked likely the win. 93rd minute, sloppy defensive play and Eggestein slotted home the equaliser. Kaiserslautern was the third draw in a row where we'd conceded another late goal but this one needs a bit more detail. I have no idea how we even held on as long as we did but after two red cards in the first half we played most of the game with 9 men. Cracking point in the circumstances. Table Squad, Thoughts and Predictions A lot of positives in the opening few games despite not managing to get a first league win. We'd had to forge a whole new squad together and most of them were loans in giving us a feel of a Watford side before the English loan system got tightened up. Squad (end of August 2024 window) Starting eleven (end of August 2024 window) We'd go with a positive approach but a little more conservative with Kouyate as the DM / Anchor. We could switch up as games went on to a more 4-2-3-1 setup should there be an opportunity to seize goals in a game but we had to accept we'd be second best in a lot of these fixtures and had to setup accordingly. Predictions (2024/2025 season) The bookies had us down as relegation certainties but I'd be hopeful of dodging the relegation mix-up altogether. Hopeful was probably the key word there. My Prediction: 15th Place Media Prediction: 18th Place
  9. It's all explained here There was also a cut off date too iirc
  10. May 2026 Treble Winners! We win the treble and are solidified as the nation's best. League Stats We ended 11 points ahead of 2nd and leading in several categories. Luxembourg National Division Peixoto had a great season but is refusing to return next season. None the less he claimed the Young player of the year award. (Didn't play enough to qualify for MVP.) Youth of the Year In fact we cleaned up in the youth award. Senior Squad This isn't divided perfectly by squad, but gives you a decent idea of our talent across the club. For the first team Peixoto was magician at creating chances. Reserve Squad Off the bench and in the reserves is Ramdedovic. He was impressive in front of goal all season, and gives us good cover up top. Edrees meanwhile has fallen down the pecking order, and will need to fight for a place back in the squad. Youth Squad As for the bottom of the club, Busche, Rosina, Ajdini, and Moller look to have bright futures. Jahn, Dedenon, Djogou are all on the way out though. Finances We also were given a ton in the finance budget. I am struggling to hide the funds we have accumulated. I can't imagine how the DoF is gonna abuse this much money. It looks like we are in for a busy window. My best guess is i might have to take responsibility of final approval of any incoming transfers. I don't know if it will kill the vibe of the save though. The only other option I have is to demand continuous improvements to the team facilities left and right. Thank for following along, best of luck in your saves. Cheers!
  11. It certainly doesn't look good, but at the same time I'm not sure how significant this is in how good the players might become anyway. Don't get me wrong, the CA values are easy to spot so we certainly haven't got much CA, but where PA is concerned I think the jury is still out and will continue to be out for a few months yet. In case you hadn't noticed, I haven't been going into much detail on Youth Intake day because I don't think there is a lot to see. I think the initial ratings can be pretty misleading and there are a few examples of this. (43n) Welsh (F.Pro) 6'4" * came through the intake 14th ranked by PA. He's made 316 league appearances, most of them for us, scoring 73 career goals. (46p) Weir (Driven) 6'1" * obviously came through bottom of the PA rankings within his intake, but he has made 127 career league appearances, most of them for us. There are other examples, but perhaps not as appropriate as these 2. Fingers crossed some of the recent intake fall into the same category. In any case (56a) McCluskey (Pro) * is ranked 17th of all players at the club by PA, (despite only being 3.5 PA), but the fact that we now only have 4x 5.0 PA players at the club is an indication of how much the best players at the club have improved and obviously the CA that this recent intake have been judged against has also improved.
  12. Forgot the reason I was even replying. To the first post I got round that problem by having games on different days. I'd move them in the pre game editor so I didn't have more than 2 or 3 games at a time. Other than perhaps last game of the season but I'd just have the different leagues finish on different days. It's tricky though for regular nations, leagues. Why I'm switching to a director of football game this year and just holiday before the games and then watch the post game highlights
  13. Started a game with Man Utd. The hope is to: Get use of Bruno as the creative force to unleash ore players who attack in space. My players that attack space is mostlt players such as Mount , McTominay that is not creative players but like to attack space and is full of workrate. Upfront we have fast players such as Rashford and Garnacho. So this is what I fall on: The tought is to have support behind Bruno. But I feel I have problem to get enough passes in good areas to create chanses. Any suggeston ?
  14. Great read so far! Hopefully the new investments are enough to make it into the next division.
  15. I always do this, I'm starting a new game where I'm going to play as the director of football for the top 50 clubs in Europe. Use the in game editor to make the managers the assistant managers so they control the team. I just do the transfers and manager hiring. I set some rules like you can only bid for a player if the team has sufficient scouting knowledge of the player, set staff to do contract negotiations to remove any chance of bias. You get some really great story lines. The teams at the top there's the pressure to win. The teams that fail you get to turn them around. Get to experience the rule range of footballing scenarios My favourite was fm 2012, I controlled 32 teams in a new zealand league system. I had Team Wellington trying to break into the top 2 giants but they'd always finish runner up. I focused on youth players and got them a cracking side and won the treble with them. First silverware for the club in one season too. Also have some Leicester style shocks when a complete outsider somehow won the league one time in 10 seasons I played. They were battling relegation all other seasons, that one year everything just went for them. Defo worth a try if you get bored of regular fm
  16. Victor San Marino 2024/25 Pre Season 1 After what he judged to me an unfair dismissal of his former manager fan favourite Ryan Astley tore up his contract with Merthyr Town and moved across Europe to pursue his own managerial career. At Victor San Marino he'll aim to follow in Hiemann's footsteps by refusing to use any player who hasn't been developed by the club from an early age, he's also determined to prioritise young talent from San Marino over Italian youngsters where possible. Can he make his mentor proud?
  17. I think it's widely accepted now the you can literally find a real life result or statistic and make a case to mitigate any perceived AI anomaly in this game. The PSG/Dortmund Semi Final legs were certainly a classic example. I tend to look at this slightly differently though and where I do think there's potentially some anomaly isn't in peoples perceived AI injustices it's in the frequency that we see them vs real life. Now this statement is purely anecdotal on my part, I don't sit here and record the frequency of my perceived "anomalies" because I'm generally spending my playing time bug reporting, making feature requests and trying to enjoy a bit of escapism. But, it is an impression I generally take away at the end of each game cycle.
  18. It all happened so quickly too, 5/6 losses on the bounce, new board in and I'm out of the door the next day. Oh, well! Gives me an excuse to start a new save doesn't it.
  19. Say you also, I have not edited any aspect of the game from the internal editor, beyond the potential quality of players that I consider will be better, such as Florian Wirtz or similar. Thanks
  20. Thats Dedication I guess I would be fine with 30min too I think that in the last years SI has made big improvements to the quick-simulation. I have done some tests with full detail and quick-sim of playable leagues and for me the difference is almost not there anymore. So I go as big as possible - I might go even bigger when the mods-cycle is done with FM24
  21. Can anyone explain this? The player was disappointed with the 2.5 million a year wage I offered to him so he accepted half that from another club? And before anyone mentions the generous release clause they offered him, I offered him a $0 release clause.
  22. I am seeing that in many loans with mandatory purchase option or by objectives (games played, etc.), when the purchase is executed in june, and in the contract section, this amount is much higher than the agreed amount. It is a problem because it destroys the economy of the clubs and causes inflated and unrealistic signings. It only happens with AI clubs, and not in all players, but in the majority of transfers. I share an example with Leon Bailey at Real Sociedad, but also with Tsimikas and all his signings. Also his economy seen with the game editor before and after those signings, the club has been ruined. Other examples: All the Real Sociedad loans ManCity: Reiss Nelson loan from Arsenal Chelsea: Anthony Gordon loan from Newcastle Napoli: Raphinha loan from PSG Benfica: Cameron Carter-Vickers loan from Arsenal Juventus: Joe Willcock from Newcastle Fulham: Harvey Barnes from Newcastle And many more Is there any way to fix this bug? Thank you very much in advance
  23. How come klopp and tuchel aren’t leaving at the end of the season and transfers aren’t up to date abroad from march and aprill like in America then mate?
  24. That was a hard fought game which we very much deserved to win & eventually we got the 2 goals necessary to go through. We're going to face another German team in the Quarters. If we make it through that, then we will play the winners of Man City v Arsenal.
  25. Right, I have been a busy, busy boy. Bringing in 8 new players to improve the team and this time in the league, I'm expecting to be in the playoffs comfortably, not get in at the last minute! Let's get into it. Fourth year in a row with a different #1. I'd like a continuous first choice GK, but there's just been no-one worth it so it's another loan guy from Cordoba. Much like our loan GK last year, Juan Carlos Hernandez is good without being amazing. He'll do an alright job for us. Three new additions to our defence and they are all loan players too. First up, from Perscara we have the very versatile Luca Antenucci who can fit in anywhere along the back line and that is always handy to have. He's a cool player who will see a lot of action from the bench and will be readily available to step in to cover injuries/suspensions at all positions. We were really bad at CB with only 2 natural CBs in the squad before bringing this guy in from Lyon. This is Hakim Lacombe. If he's starting games then something is wrong haha! He's nothing more than depth and to sit on the bench for the start of practically every game. The last new addition to the backline is a guy in from FC Andorra on only £250 a week which is a bargain considering he's probably our starting LB for the season, Ruben Martos. His attacking prowess isn't there for a wing back, but I adore his physicals and mentals. Having him at the back will be really nice, there won't be much need to worry. Two new additions to our midfield unit, a loanee and we spent some money on a player! First up from Almeria is Tomas Marques who is a very well rounded guy. Good at everything, amazing at nothing. I am happy to have him in, he'll see a lot of time for us, I think haha. Our new AMR from Douglas Haig in Argentina for £7k is Elias Britez. I am hoping that his crossing and dribbling mixed with his acceleration and agility will make him a lethal threat from the wing and be an assist King this season! For £7k, I think I did good. Our last 2 new signings are strikers. I needed a better 3rd striker and a better main striker, I achieved both! Marcos Ramirez joins on a free from Laredo and is a much better third than Fernandez who's listed beneath him there. Just ignore his physical traits and he's a bloody good player! And our final new player for £46k from Ceske Budejovice in Czechia is Ibrahima Sow. He is our new main striker and I am expecting him to be a big success....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! The media like the look of him! Speaking of the media, how do they think the season is going to go? 7th? Hmm, I am personally targeting 3rd. That's where we need to finish. Both the board and fans are thinking the same. Supporters bring us neatly onto season ticket sales for the tier. We have been stuck on the same number for the last 4 years or so, I'm guess that's the current limit given our ground size! Finances are looking alright....for now. We'll be back in the red by Christmas is my expectation haha! Rival tracker! We gotta go up this year. Until next time.
  26. Usti nad Labem - Season 7 Transfers For incomings this season we did add a decent number of players to our first team squad both increasing our strength in depth. I’ll cover from back to front. Goalkeeper Herrera I had been tracking for a while and whilst I wasn’t too disappointed with my current goalkeeper, I felt Herrera represented good value. Defenders Ivanov was our biggest outlay in the summer, whilst his heading isn’t the strongest he still looks a decent defender. Florez joined mid-season and I’m very happy with this purchase still only 18, but looks to be a fantastic defender with some good potential. Rafael is maybe not someone who should be considered as a defender, but it is as a right back I signed him just an attacking right back. Midfielders Sithole joined as a back up in the midfield, but for £450k he represents fantastic value as he looks to be a solid midfielder. Perrone is the first real player I’ve signed for a few years but I thought he was a good cheap option that would actually improve our midfield. Rezek was probably a bit of a panic buy as in the mid season our players were complaining about lack of depth in midfield so I splashed the cash on Rezek, I think he is a decent player, but I probably overpaid at £3.5m. Strikers Striker was the position that we we made the most signings with us improving the quality of our front line significantly. Lanko was the first arrival, he’d been in Monaco’s reserves, but looks a good striker option for us. Hadebe also arrived in the same window for a similar price and really, looks to be a pretty similar player to Lanko just with the detriment of being a non-eu player. Zivojinovic did nearly join in the summer but we didn’t agree contract, but I went back for him in the mid-season. He looks a very good striker, but is lacking mostly in his pace Outgoings Mihali was a major outgoing in the summer, someone who had been our starting centre back in seasons prior, I thought he had maybe hit his limit and £6m was a not terrible fee to receive. Jordan was a player I was preparing to lose for the last season and a half as he had a small release fee of just £4m, so when it was triggered mid-season I offered him out for a bit less but with some percentage of profit and so he left for £3.5m but we should be able to get more in the future. Season Europe We automatically were in the Champions League Phase this season and we did get off to a reasonable start with a draw and a win, though it was against some of the weaker teams, and realistically we should probably have won both on the balance of play. We then suffered 3 losses on the bounce against PSG, Dortmund and Newcastle respectively who were just better than us. We did manage to get a very creditable draw against Bayern Munich before a victory against Casa Pia meant going into the last game we did actually have some chance at progressing past the league phase. Unfortunately, despite a valiant performance, we fell short with a 2-1 loss to Lyon to finish 25th just outside the progression places. League Another fantastic start to the season with no losses in our opening 15 games, unfortunately, the 16th game saw us lose against the team who would be relegated after only 3 wins in the entire season. We did actually despite our fantastic start to the season, find ourselves in 2nd place in the league at this point. However, we demonstrated fantastic form with the final 14 games in the regular season, dropping points in just 2 of them putting us in a fantastic position going into the championship stage. It actually started poorly in the championship group as despite us dominating the game, we lost our opening game 1-0 to Sparta Prague, which did actually mean winning the league was still not a given. Thankfully, we put the disappointment of that loss behind us and blew the competition away in the next 4 matches including an 8-3 demolition of our main title rivals to ultimately win the league by 10 points. Squad GK – Nicolas Herrera New signing Herrera was our first choice goalkeeper this season and did a good job keeping 13 clean sheets in the league. I’m not sold on him being a super long term goalkeeper for us, however, he has had a good season for us. DL – Xolani Hlatshwayo Hlatshwayo didn’t start the season first choice, and in truth may not have gotten his chance as Capin has stronger attacking attributes and had a good season last time out but the former complained about game time with the latter already grumbling about wanting to leave I decided to push him to the first team. Overall he performed really well with 8 assists in the league where he only started half the matches. DCL – Mohammed Hesso Hesso attracted some interest this season, but I managed to tie him down to a new contract and he had another great season for us in defense. He’s just a good solid defender who can be a mainstay for years to come. DCR – Juan Jose Florez Florez became Hesso’s main defensive partner the second half of the season, though, as with previous seasons, this position was rotated a decent amount. Florez, however, is a player I want to give a lot of game time to as I think he can turn into a very good centre back in the coming years, hopefully with us. DR – Gaston Roi Roi continued from where he finished last season, he’s been fantastic for us and comfortably our best player. 18 assists for the season is great and an average rating of 7.84 is just really good. DMCL – Maximo Perrone This midfield spot is the least tied down of any position in the team all told, but Perrone did feature pretty heavily here once he joined, taking the rotation from Van Fessem and Koffi (both of whom I may move on), to him and Rezek. DMCR – Michal Stana Stanha again kept his spot in the starting XI, another reasonably solid season, though I did hope he would maybe contribute a few more goals and assists from midfield. He has also maybe hit his ceiling so if a better alternative is available this summer I may move him on as we had offers of up to £20m for him in the mid-season, which I probably should have taken for him. AMCL – Allen Lagos Lagos had been Ruben Jordan’s understudy for a couple of years so with the latter’s sale half way through the season, Lagos finally got to show his quality, and that he did 15 assists and 6 goals. AMCR – Nikola Jovanovic Jovanovic got promoted to first choice in the attacking midfield position this season after a great start to the season. He did falter a little towards the end of the campaign but still was a good solid player for us. STCL– Davian Entrena Entrena started the season incredibly, I think he had 23 league goals after just 15 matches or so, however he couldn’t maintain that prolific streak for the full season, but still had a fantastic contribution with 33 goals in the league. STCR – Eveginy Lanko Yet again, the second spot of the strikers was not really set in stone, but Lanko put himself a very strong claim for it over the course of the season managing 21 goals in the league from only 19 starts. Overview/Looking ahead Next season in the Champions League my main aim is to progress from the league phase as that will represent progress from this season. In the league, anything short of retaining the title again will be a failure in my mind. I am starting to ramp up signings again both in terms of outlay and wages where necessary, so I think I may start to sign a fair few more players again, though mostly I am looking at players for the future, as generally I am pretty content with my first team, I am looking to move some of the previous depth options on this summer also.
  1. Load more activity