All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Preview -- -- There's a lot of interest in Jasper Torkildsen at the moment, both real interest and rumoured interest, and why wouldn't there be, Jasper kept more clean sheets than anybody in Eliteserien this season. But we don't want to sell Jasper. We are looking to improve the Viking squad this off-season and there's no doubt that Patrick Berg is a great player. Patrick has played his entire career at Bodø/Glimt, apart from a couple of seasons at Lens midway through his career, and he's a club legend at Bodø/Glimt, as was his father before him, and his grandfather before that. Even if we were interested in signing Patrick, and I'm not saying we are, I doubt he'd want to leave Bodø/Glimt. The break has allowed us to give the players a few days off to enjoy winning Eliteserien... again... and since they've returned to training the players have been totally professional, worked hard, and we're ready to host Salzburg and face the tough challenge they'll present us with at our SR-Bank Arena. After a long, hard season we have no injury concerns at all... and it's not often I get to say that. It's likely we'll stick with the same starting-11 who played so well last time out against Lillestrøm. -- Expected Line-up
  3. Nov 26th 2030 Kretzschmar makes the Team of the Week thanks to two easy saves and a clean sheet he had almost no part in. Huh. * * * Liverpool vs. TSV 1860 München (Champions League group H, 5/6) What a game, this one. We're not only playing one of the best teams in Europe (historically at least) managed by one of the best coaches in the sport, but also there's a lot at stake today. A win means we qualify for the knockout stages, a draw keeps us ahead of Liverpool but doesn't solve anything, and a defeat makes a win against Villarreal in the last fixture of the group mandatory in order to progress. Fun. * * * LIVERPOOL (4-3-3): Alisson (GK); Trent Alexander-Arnold (DR), Omar Peláez (DCr), Alexis Rojas (DCl), Josko Gvardiol (DL); Jair Santos (DM), Henrique Saldanha (MCr), Gavi (MCl); Morango (AMR), Curtis Jones (AML), Folarin Balogun (ST) 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Kevin Rexhepi (GK); Tomislav Javorcic (DR), Ernesto (DCr), Mateja Stjepanovic (DCl), Mahamadou Touré (DL); Aymeric Meunier (DM); Maximilian Schulze (MCr), Joao Neves (MC), Juan David Palomeque (MCl); Jonatan Basualdo (STr), Julian Rijkhoff (STl) * * * Regardless of the importance of the game we are still forced to rotate at least a bit, particularly in midfield and attack. Guardiola also moves things around in his squad, pushing Gavi forwards, Saldanha back into midfield, and removing Bellingham from the picture altogether. The early game is very reminiscent of our recent meeting with Leipzig: lots of midfield play, split possession, and no chances on either side of the pitch. We have to go all the way until the 22nd minute for something to happen attacking-wise, and it's just a high ball from distance by Morango after sneaking his way past Stjepanovic. Things take a turn for the worse in the 28th minute when Balogun controls the ball inside the box and immediately goes down as he tries to dribble past Ernesto. VAR sees a trip and it's a penalty kick for the home team, converted by Alexander-Arnold with a shot that hits the post then rolls all over the goal line before finally tipping a few inches inside. We try to push forward then but to little effect, and the next attempt is once again for Liverpool thanks to a powerful shot from outside the box by Saldanha that Rexhepi pushes behind with some difficulty. Jones heads that corner kick well over the bar, and our first approach arrives in the 41st with a good nod from Rijkhoff to Basualdo, who sees his shot blocked and deflected away by Rojas. One minute later the Argentinian has a better one after a great assist by Schulze, but this time it's Allison who denies him. Then, in injury time, Neves spots a good-looking run into space by Rijkhoff and threads a beautiful pass through the center so the striker can run into the box and beat Allison with a great finish. Too bad he was offside, and thus we remain behind come half time. HALF TIME - 1-0 We pick it back up after the break, showing some sharp attacking moves but with our forwards always moving a second too early and falling into offside positions. Liverpool now seem to prefer counterattacking, and four minutes into the second half Jones tests Rexhepi with a half-volley after a cross by Morango, well held by the keeper. Miranda soon replaces a disappointing Schulze to give us an extra bit of creativity in midfield, and in the 60th we once again break through, this time with Rijkhoff receiving from Palomeque in a legal position, and the striker runs all the way into the box only to send his finish wide, thwarting our best chance of the game so far. Caraballo and Thiago are our last two options off the bench, replacing Basualdo and an exhausted Palomeque. And then it clicks, following a few minutes without chances: quick midfield play in our usual forward-looking style, Neves sees Rijkhoff's move through the center once again, and this time he times the pass perfectly to break the offside trap and allow the striker another run into the box which, for a change, he doesn't waste. 1-1, and now we're the ones making things happen. Ten more minutes pass while Liverpool try and fail to recover, and come the 79th a corner kick taken by Thiago gives Ernesto a chance for redemption from his penalty, but his powerful header crashes against the crossbar and bounces clear. Thiago soon sends a cheeky 20-yarder straight at Alisson's hands to keep the pressure up, then loses a dangerous ball in midfield only for Stjepanovic to fix his mistake with a timely block to Balogun's dangerous finish. Lots of imprecisions in build-up for both teams eventually lead to a triple chance for Liverpool that ends in two blocked shots and a piledriver by Bard that hits the crossbar, bounces inches away from the goal line, then is cleared away. Afterwards things seem to finally calm down, both teams looking satisfied with the result and willing to sign an armistice. One point for each side in the end, which could be enough for both. * * * Liverpool 1 (Trent Alexander-Arnold 28p) TSV 1860 München 1 (Julian Rijkhoff 70) - - - Fair result, with each team being better in one half and using that to score their goals. It's a result with consequences, though, as Guardiola is immediately sacked by the Liverpool board following the match (and the press call me to ask if I'd be interested in the position, heh). To be fair Liverpool are 8th in the Premier League, that might have something to do with it... Regardless, Villarreal beat Nice 2-0 and now top the group with 9 points, we're second with 8, and Liverpool are third with 7, with Nice last with 4 and out of the running. We only need to match Liverpool's result in Nice to qualify, but a win would also guarantee the first place and (hopefully) a better draw come the knockouts. A good position to be in, really. Let's make it count. Meanwhile, the U19s easily confirm their qualification for the next round in the Youth League with a 2-3 win in Liverpool, securing not just that but the first place in the group. First game in the competition in which Katic doesn't score at least one, too.
  4. This is brilliant, great work. At one point I was thinking of shoehorning the Old Firm into the SPL 2nd stage (fixtures 34 to 38) but it would be a lot of games for them. Are the reserves/U21s fully picked up in England? I remember having issues with that before but will take a look. You may wanna add "ignore teams" entries for both in the Viaplay Cup "qualified teams" so they're not picked up there as well. Also wonder if there's a way to make it so the 2nd and 3rd Scottish teams don't necessarily think they've "qualified" for the Champs playoff in cases where they haven't. But yeah top stuff
  5. Today
  6. Season 5 Pre Season – Standard Liege Board Objectives Jupiler Pro League: Win Jupiler Pro League UCL: Reach UCL Proper Croky Cup: Challenge for Cup Super Cup: Be Competitive Media Prediction: 1st -- I’m now coming into my 3rd pre-season with the club and my squad is finally in a place where I feel for this league and constraints with player and match day registrations I have a decent balance to now work from. But we are now expected to win the league, so the job will be much more pressurised now. Any other windows going forward, will just be a case of seeing where we can improve our first XI to take us to a higher level, or an opportunity to make some money in sales and finding good value replacements with potential. So this is how I see the state of our team, where the media now have us favourites to win the title: Defence Keepers – Ernst has received the goalkeeper of the year award already at this level, and continues to improve with his young age. I also have a good homegrown backup with the potential to play at a high level in this division too, whom should do a good job filling in for most of the games. Fullbacks – I’m very happy with the level of quality in this department, and we also have good backups to come in on both flanks. De Brempt is an International regular for Belgium for us on the right flank, with Dahl a regular Swedish international too. Centre Backs – Marin brought from Real Madrid is now gaining regular caps for Spain (and our newly appointed captain), and Zima is regular Czech International giving us great depth. Bitshiabu is also very potent at set plays for us too. Rocha our home grown club player perhaps is our weakest link, suffering an unfortunate leg break when he was developing really well. I expect he’ll never reach his potential, but at least for now I’ll need him to be a 4th CB backup for league requirements. Midfield Defensive Mids – Took the longest to recruit adequately for due to registration rules, so I had to rely our existing players at the club. I spent big on Vranckx to bring another Belgian player into our squad. He cost a lot more than I wanted at 20mil, but at 24 years old he will be a solid backup from the bench, and I’m finally content with our depth here. He has a couple of caps for Belgium too. Doyle and Okon will be our starters. A good combination of one being good defensively with good physicals, and the other more capable of playing with the ball. Price a homegrown player and Northern Ireland international will be our 4th DM, and should do an adequate job when needed to be called upon. Wide Players We have some good talent here. Velasco and Ordaz were brought over from America. I hoped they would have enough quality to perform in the Belgium league, and they’ve proven they can do it here. Velasco perhaps the better of the two with Ordaz still someone useful to have, at least at this moment. However it’s a couple of our kids worth mentioning that have the potential to become very good. Rayan our Brazilian now a regular starter on the right has already played well for a couple of seasons and also getting second placed one year in the NXG awards. Saraz our Colombian International although struggled initially, is showing signs of real improvement. I’ve retrained him to play on the left hand side given he’s naturally right footed and I play with an IW here. Bags of potential, but with how well Velasco is performing he’ll still be providing us with an impact from the bench. Attack Finally happy I think with what options I have here. Popovic has been our main man lately in the AF role, but this year I’ll be trying to have him adapt more as our PF because I’ve brought in Gustavo Sosa in from Boca to play as an AF. He has great potential to be a very good striker, and I’m hoping their combination can shine with a bit of work. I’m also happy with our depth this year, especially with the find of Oscar Vilhemmson last January. He’ll be our PF backup. Nascimento from Botafogo has also come in to replace the departing Delap, who never quite reached the expectations I had of him. Utilizing him to improve our finances, Nascimento was a budget replacement but I’m confident he will do a good job as a backup AF for us. However if he fails, this will be a position I’ll need to re look at. The Future In addition to hopefully build a new stadium at some point, more immediately the next few years is about recovering our finances from the recent stadium expansion and expenditures. During this point I’m hoping our kids will have developed further. And with the age I bought Saraz and Rayan, they eventually will be considered home grown club players. This will then give me the flexibility to sell Rocha and Price and bring in much better quality players without being restricted. -- The ultimate aim is to create a football team that with the league restrictions, can aim to try and become a regular top 8 European side / competing in the UCL quarters, and hopefully a mini PSG in Belgium where we can try to win on average a league title once every two years. This for me would be a realistic target. From my squad now, I believe I need 4 quality International players to take us to that level. These to me are a Keeper, a CB to partner Marin and x2 DMs. I'm hoping Rayan Jourdan our 17 year old whom has lots of potential, may also develop to be a very useful player for the club long-term. I’m placing full faith with the offensive players I have. After a few years I’ll probably know after that time whether this needs investing in too, or whether I can keep them together for longer.
  7. Looking good, @Punch... now getting draws against big teams like Arsenal as well. Way to go!
  8. Ah, the onedrive issue... it just creates another instance of your documents folder... I'm not overly familiar with MS store... so I had a google. Does this work for you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/on-the-microsoft-store-how-do-i-change-the/e43d682b-01b0-4aa0-bfef-94a7f5c3c41a
  9. Don't worry I'm not going to turn this into a career update but with 8 games remaining I've managed to pull myself out of a relegation battle - although I am still in one essentailly. However, I am essentially 3 wins from the magic 50 point mark. Thank for reading my initial rant I think it was to gain some sort of perspective.
  10. DEC 2042 - League Cup Quarter Final - Vs Watford We made harder work of it than we should have, but we done enough to get the job done and advance, in front of our first sell out for a Cup game. A fully rotated squad went into the match, with plenty of youngsters getting on the park, showing that we have a very deep rotation available. It took to the second half for us to get on the score sheet, and injury time before we finally put it away, but it was a solid performance, especially defensively to shut the Hornets out of the game. Plenty of youngsters got game time, but we handed a debut to 17 year old Marshall, the top prospect from our most recent youth intake, and he put on a decent showing. Our 5th straight trip to the League Cup Semi Final sees us draw Championship side Bristol. We have a pretty poor record against them from our time on the Championship, including a Play Off Final loss. Up Next Back to League action as we host 16th place Brentford.
  11. Updated file so the Champions Playoff will always have 3 teams, regardless of whether or not any one of the old firm clubs are relegated. The venues are now marked as Neutral. Old firm in premier league 1.01.fmf
  12. I’ve noticed that clubs are offering contracts to my players but it’s not being highlighted in my inbox. Please sort it out. Thanks
  13. Leverkusen and Madrid often doesn't play 4-2-3-1, the thing is wingers are abundant in supply in the game and in reality meanwhile you have a shortage in strikers and a quality no 10 or should i say number 9 as well. When does are available, Madrid plays with a narrow 2 striker 1 AMC system and Leverkusen plays with WM on each side (no fullbacks and winger). I've seen Man City AI uses this tactic as well when they play Haaland and Alvarez together. I think most teams aren't as gifted as City, Madrid and Leverkusen but again it's down to players availability, if all your wingers are injured might as well play a non-4231 base.
  14. Hey all, this is my first time posting. Sorry if it's a little disjointed. ______________________________ I have decided to partake in my first build a nation save, with the goal of growing the ISL and the Indian National Team into a competitive force. Obviously I will be managing the national team, and for my ISL club I have chosen Mumbai City for a few reasons. 1. Backing from City Football Group: This, I'm hoping, will be huge in allowing me to dominate India. 2. All Indian squad: As of right now, they have no foreign players. This fits right in with my save. 3. Location: They are located in Mumbai, and play in a nice, but small, stadium. Due to its status as the largest city in India, and with Mumbai City being the only club in the region, the hope is to grow the Indian game here. For the national team, the assumption is going to be that the AIFF will finally permit Overseas Citizens of India(OCI) to play for the National Team, which will give me access to a long list of dual nationals to improve the squad. I will also use this pool of players for my foreign player slots. The only rules I will set for myself are: 1. The Indian National Team can only hire Indian staff. 2. Mumbai City can only sign Indian or OCI players. The goals are: 1. Reach an Asian Cup knockout stage and qualify for a World Cup. 2. Reach an AFC Champions League knockout stage. Starting small with the goals, but I will increase them as the save goes on. I'll update everyone soon.
  15. Unfortunately you can't have everything, and that's what makes the game balanced. Only 5 star players will solve all those issues.
  16. DM's and AM's are midfielders. It's certainly in vogue along with the 4-3-3 in modern football. Most of the up and coming managers, and teams looking to build a tactical identity, are trying to play progressive football and that's reflected in the formations. It's also a formation with a lot of tactical flexibility (see David Moyes getting the axe for his conservative 4-2-3-1 compared to a ball playing Tottenham, Brighton or Bournemouth variation). Advantages to running the double pivot include : Cover for positive wingbacks. Increased ability to play out from the back via the double pivot. Splitting the burden of a capable holding 6 onto two players instead (see Chelsea). You see many of the top teams playing with a 4-3-3 these days, but again the weight for the solo 6 is really demanding. Most of those teams feature their 6 as the squads star player (Bruno Guimaraes at Newcastle, Rodri at Man City, Declan Rice at Arsenal). A 4-2-3-1 is a great way to look to play progressively without this all powerful 6 at your disposal.
  17. match title bar.xml You can try to put this file to panels\match and see will it fix it or not.
  18. Season 2039/40 - Macclesfield FC - Premier League Our first season in the big league and I couldnt have asked for a better start. We won our first game at home and by our 10th game we were sitting in the European spots in 6th position. The 3 games leading into the 10th match of the season were a 3 - 3 draw at Man City (copped a 91st min equaliser), 1 - 1 draw against Arsenal (copped a 76th equaliser) and a strong 3 - 1 win at Stamford Bridge. We then slumped to 5 straight defeats but against teams that all finished in the top 10 but managed to turn it around for 3 games, beating Fulham 4 - 0 and Villa 2 - 0 and drawing with Newcastle 1 - 1 away. We then crumbled and pretty much threw the season away losing the next 15 out of 20 matches. With the riches of the TV rights, we managed to improve the training facilities but kept getting denied with the Youth Facilities for some reason until the end of the season they agreed to improve the Youth Rating to 1 which enforced improvements to said YF. The board also approved plans to expand our stadium from 14k which we sold out every game to 21k which is a decent increase. We then were put under a club embargo for a takeover which promoted the fact that Wayne Rooney would take my position. Luckily tho, after months of anxiety that takeover collapsed and I find myself still at the role. Youth Preview A much better preview which got me really excited, I had forgotten what the letter A looked like Youth Intake Bit of an anticlimax with only 1 elite prospect and that only being 4.5 stars at that Isaac Umar 40A is the pick of the bunch although im not sure how he's managed to defend in his youth days with 5 tackling. Faris Tunnacliffe 40B looks ok, is pacy and determined but still very raw. Dom King 40C might be the one who excels the most as his attributes arent too bad for a playmaker.
  19. Season 12 So close to getting into the play-offs but a defeat on the final day of the season to Newcastle Blue Star, the only team who could catch us, meant another season in the Northern Premier. Can't be too disappointed as it was completely unexpected as I didn't or more like couldn't add much in the terms of better players to the squad. It was a mixture of either just not having the wage budget to sign anyone on a free or the players signing for better teams higher in the pyramid. Knockout competitions were nothing to write home about and it was early knockouts across all three competitions.
  20. Yesterday
  21. December 2027 A fantastic month, not just because of what we were able to do, but because of what Barcelona failed to do: We opened the month with a long trip to Austria and returned with a valuable Champions League win. And followed that with a nervy win against Real Madrid: The stats suggest a an easy win but it wasn't quite that clear-cut. AMR Gonzalez gave us the lead after 20 minutes, but Madrid fought back and went into the interval 2-1 up. Happily, Gonzalez struck again midway through the second half and we then turned up the heat and found the net twice in the final 10 minutes to give us that comfortable scoreline. With the Spanish winter break giving us an easier month, we then made the trip to Bilbao to face an Athletic club in crisis - just 4 wins from 17 games and managerless having parted company with former Argentina national coach Lionel Scaloni. We took full advantage of their situation and returned home with a convincing victory. But perhaps even better than our performances, Barcelona were suddenly struggling: While we were beating Real Madrid, they limped to a draw against Athletic and, even better, they then succumbed to a humbling loss to Espanyol. Which leaves the LaLiga table looking good for Vigo: We head into the winter break with a 6pt lead over Barca and - even allowing for their game in hand - a bigger margin over Real Madrid. We're looking good in the Champions League, too: We're assured of at least a place in the playoff round and should be able to go straight into the R16 stage, although we have two tough games to come against Inter Milan and Liverpool. Ahead of the transfer window, I'm not sure what we can do. The coaches tell me that AMR Allende is no longer good enough, but he has 7 goals in 11(9) appearances, which makes him one of our most valuable players. Worse, the recruitment team have failed to identify anyone we can afford who looks better. I'm also aware that we're running with just two strikers in the squad but neither suffers many injuries and a third option seems like a luxury. The biggest limitation on recruitment is wages. We have plenty of budget available but our highest earner is Strand Larsen on £76k a week. All of the targets who might improve us are already earning £150k and up, which isn't going to work. But we're unbeaten in LaLiiga, unbeaten in Europe - do we need to do anything?
  22. I think I know what the issue is. When it is installed from the microsoft store it makes the "onedrive" the default location for all data like saves, etc.. So it creates the Sports Interactive directory there. How do I change where the game is looking to another location? The onedrive simply isn't big enough to start putting all the custom stuff there unless you want to pay microsoft.
  23. I think I know what the issue is. When it is installed from the microsoft store it makes the "onedrive" the default location for all data like saves, etc.. So it creates the Sports Interactive directory there. How do I change where the game is looking to another location? The onedrive simply isn't big enough to start putting all the custom stuff there unless you want to pay microsoft.
  24. Yeah I know I just need to get into the second tier and life will be fine, it's just getting to that point now! So, I have been busy in the transfer market in an effort to make this the year we step forward and get promoted before our finances get so bad the save is over. It's heading that way. Third year in a row where we have a different #1. Nestor has joined us on loan Levante and has caps for the Spanish youth teams. I'm not convinced that he'll be any good, but he's the best who'd join us! Both our main CBs are injured, one for 3-7 and the other 2-5 months so the main priority this window was a couple new CBs and an upgrade at RB, at least in my opinion. First new CB on loan is Ilyas El Arbaoui from Athletic Bilbao. He looks to be a very dependable CB with some very good physicals. Another loanee, this time from Levante is Manuel. Just ignore the heading and this guy looks very good! I really like the look of this guy and I'm very happy to have him with us! Now, our upgrade at RB, on a free from Lazio is Juan Maria Hontecillas. Our RB last year was largely underwhelming and he is better in most aspects. We have two new faces in the midfield. Christian on loan from Burgos will be our AMR this year, can he replace our old guy? Hopefully. Very good crossing, quick and agile. That's what I'll be relying on this year from him. On loan from Real Zaragoza is Nacho Iriarte who looks to be a bit of a gem. I am training him to be a DM as he can't play that and that's where he'll be for me, but look at his stats! 17 passing, 16 vision, 16 teamwork, 15 technique, 15 first touch. I am expecting BIG things from him this year. Finally our strikers, one new guy. Another loan guy from Levante is Carlos Espi. Yeah he looks smart, should be good for a solid 10+ goals this year. The media believe we'll be a playoff team come the end of the year. Both the board and fans expect us to get playoffs too! Speaking of the fans, let's check in on them! Let's also check in on the rivals.
  25. S17 - October 2039 Ekstraklasa we managed to turn things around this month after not so great September. Narrow win against underperforming Lech, then we smashed Legia in very one sided game and managed to squeeze past high flying Widzew. Rakow ends our run with a narrow win. With the better month we managed to bump up to 3rd, Widzew and Rakow leading the pack. Polish FA Cup We started the competition in 2nd round. Really confident win against 1st Division(2nd Tier) Sandecja and we will play Ruch Chorzow next, who are also in division below. UEFA Europa League Good win against Antwerp makes us go 3rd in the league phase, However now we will face much more difficult opponents Player Development in Ekstraklasa I didn't show this before, however we are currently 3rd in this ranking pretty much because we have 2 full 11s of our products. But Legia is very much still running the things in Ekstraklasa in terms of development. It will be difficult to overcome these numbers.
  26. I faced something similar the season before. I ended up selling one player which then provided the cash injection to adjust the wage budget and managed to resign others during the season
  27. The Championship season has now come to a close after the final 6 games of the season were concluded. We kept up our winning streak in early April, coming from behind to beat Luton 2-1, Oscar Kelly and Cadamarteri scoring our goals. However that was to be our final win of the season as we stuttered over the line, losing away to Oxford 1-0, then 4 draws to end the season, beginning at home to Reading, Kelly scoring our goal in 1-1 draw there, then the same score line away at Bolton with Cadamarteri scoring for us from the spot. Our final home match of the season was a thriller against Cardiff which ended 3-3, Webster, Bowler and Cadamarteri on the score sheet. We very nearly won it late on but Bowler had an effort ruled out for offside in stoppage time. The final match of the season came away at Derby and ended in a goalless draw. All of this meant we limped across the finishing line this season finishing 9th in the end. I'm happy with our efforts overall though, considering when I came into the club we were down in 15th, to finish 9th and only 6 points off the playoffs in the end is a decent achievement for a side lacking in forward options. Bailey Cadamarteri ends the regular Championship season as top goal scorer with 26 goals. All of his strikes this season came in the league. He'll be vital to any success we may have in the future, so keeping hold of him is essential for us, however every player has his price, so if an offer comes in over the summer that's too good to refuse, we may well be able to invest any potential incoming transfer money into a deeper, more efficient squad going forward.
  1. Load more activity