Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah excuses megafan! icon_razz.gif

Great season mate, Ebanks does it again what a player! For some reason I get loads of bookings as well, my tackling's normal tho??? Anyway it doesn't seem to have done either of us much harm! icon_smile.gif

Tom, it was a dastardly trick don't deny it! icon_wink.gif

Yeah, never seen that manager of the month thing before, how much did you bribe the judges lol! icon_razz.gif

Fraser, it's 105 mate.

haha yep good trick icon_razz.gif

yeah i was shocked i got them all tbh, i drew 2 in a month and thought i lost it but nope they loved me!

Robin Nylen, Ebanks, Devineau, Soley, Edwards and Salomonsson my hero's!! nylen is immense from Free kicks!! definately recommend anyone starting out!

You just had to rub it in. icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

One problem mate, when you add all the leagues, plus the Champions League, FA and League Cup and Johnstone's Paint you're going to win, your location will be the length of Robbie Savage's hairdressers bill! icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Celtic 08:

Svetoslav todorov is my hero i was 2-1 down to pompey at half time i replaced seb(Sylvan Ebanks-Blake) Todorov bangs in the 2 winners

nice might look into todorov then

reckon he will come lower than champ?

Todorov is a proven Championship goalscorer irl, so he should be good for you in the Championship, not sure whether he can step up to the Prem tho.

Tom, yeah the Confederations Cup is getting in the way of my pre-season atm, it's actually quite a tough tournament with Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, France and Spain in it...

Off to bed now, talk to ou guys tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

ive got £450k to spend

Where do i need strengthing

This is my best eleven apparently

GK: Tomas Cerny

DR: James Clarke

DC: Luke Foster

DC: Parisio

MR: Mikoliunas

ML: Cesnauskis

DMC: Seyfo SOley

AMC: Salomonsson

SC: Paul Daglish

SC: Bas Savage

I could probably get nordtveit, ebanks blake and jay simpson back if need be and arsenal have sen t me paul rodgers and wojciech Szczensny (spelling)

Made a restart with large database only - took the advice on signings - Parent Villa but Loans Edwards and Blake have made the impact

After a slow start P15 W12 D3 L0 F34 A 10 Pts 39, makes up for a 3rd season slump with overpaid team at QPR.

Wow this thread grows fast, wasn't on last night... Champions league final here we come icon_biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------

Anyway, im mid way through November on my game, first season. Top of the league having won all our games, apart from 2 draws so far. Got Brentford in the first round of the FA Cup.. so looking good.

Will be playing tonight!

Just an update,halfway through League 1 and this is how the table looks

leagueqg2.th.jpg

Heres my transfers

transfersvf9.th.jpg

And heres my tactic I have made which is looking really good at the moment

tacticue9.th.jpg

Douglas has been sensational in his free role behind the striker

douglasao7.th.jpg

On the downside we went out the League Cup 1st round on pens to Ipswich and the JP Trophy 2nd round to MK Dons. Got Reading at home in the FA Cup 3rd round though.

Bring on the Championship!!

I have finally got around to starting my new game as Oxford!

I feel good about this one, pretty much signed all i need and my wage budget isnt negative!!! And i got a parent first time round!! West Brom which has actually been a good parent club.

My squad just now:

Gk - Luke Steele(loan west brom)

DR - Jared Hodgkiss(loan west brom)

DL - Ludovic Mary

DC - Jean-Christophe Maras

DC - Mathieu Vasseur

DMC - Jerome Segreto

MC - Magnus Svensson

MC - Robin Nylen/Rose

AMR - Emil Salomonsson

AML - Alexandre Frutos

FC - Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Subs:

-Preston Edwards(Loan)

-Eddie Anaclet

-Danny Rose

-Joel Ledgister

-Longaray

Won my first two games with ease. Think I might just beat Dextas record!! lol I will try my best and post screenshots at the end of this season!

Been handed a kind FA Cup draw.

1st round away at Brentford we managed to draw 1-1. Replay on its way.. which we'll have no trouble winning at the Kassam.

2nd round we could play Histon. Should be a walk-over icon_smile.gif

Bring on Man United 3rd round!

I am going to start a game with oxford because i heard it was one of the best teams to start off as on fm2008.

Also i got bored of my previous save and fancied a new challenge.

ARGH! Lost 2-1 to Oxford in extra time in FA Trophy 3rd Round. They had two shots all game, both of which went in, and I utterly beat the crap out of them. Extra Time AGAIN has taken it's toll on my squad, the WHOLE FIRST ELEVEN are on under 80% condition atm, and next league game is 4 days away.

My lead has dropped from 4 to 2 points after a 3-3 draw at Altrincham where we came back from 2-0 at half-time (we seem to be really slow starters) to lead and then another last minute equaliser, probably because we're all bloody dead by then. It was a silly penalty too.

Yeah I know mate! icon_smile.gif

I played an Oxford game, but it wasn't enough of a challenge as I was breezing every game, so I'm playing as my local Woking side instead, and there's nowhere else to go really, players help is somewhat similar only I have less money/lower reputation.

After that the boys have picked up with a 3-2 win at Kidderminster and two 3-0s against Droylsden and Exeter (away). The Exeter result came thanks to a second half blitz and effectively put them out of contention for the title, meaning it's down to me and Rushden really, I'm 4 points ahead with a far superior goal difference but their run-in is much easier. I still have to play them away as well.

Also Braintree, who I knocked out after a replay in the FA Trophy First Round, will meet me again this season, in the Setanta Shield Semi, I'm at home, so hopefully it'll be an easy win and I can do the double!

Another update on my game. Still in league 2 atm. I've just won the playoff semi-final 1st leg against MK Dons 3-0 with Ganea netting a hat-trick icon_biggrin.gif

I had a poor run of results the last few games of the season losing 3 on the trot and i had to win my last game to get to the playoffs. I won it 1-0 with the goal coming in the 84th minute thanks to Ganea again icon_smile.gif

He now has 20 goals in 29 games, so doing much better than before icon_smile.gif

But middlesborough want him so i just hope they don't make an offer and that the chairman will accept icon_frown.gif

Archived