Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

ypresfr nicely done mate, i tried to get in2 Oxford game yesterday but couldn't get into it i'm having fun as MK Dons boss still managed to finish 2nd last year 1 point behind Arsenal and won the FA Cup,also got CL for 3rd time in a row.

Anyways i was just wondering if u were still using kimz tactic or if u had developed ur own!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was using Kimz last year and it did pretty well but as u said i was letting in loads aswell

so trying to find a new 1 but trying to get the right balance. I just got Brazil job and won the copa America with Kimz so might stick with it for Brazil 1.

Do you ever play online mate?

I'm trying soooooo hard to sign Sergio Ramos, who is rejecting every contract at Madrid and his contract is expiring in a couple of months. I've praised and praised and praised over the past year since I found out his contract is up for expiry but he still doesn't want to come. Any tips?

I can't think of anywhere else to strengthen tbh. Any ideas?

oxfordselectioncrisissevv7.jpg

Thanks Zombie. Yeah I agree I don't need many new players but I don't like not buying anyone really. We'll see how it goes, I'd really like Ramos if he finally decides he wants to come. icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice transfers btw. Murphy will get you a few goals and Grendel should be good. I'll trust you that Ford and Breivik are good but they're not on my game. 123 points to beat remember, good luck. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Chewy2006:

ypresfr nicely done mate, i tried to get in2 Oxford game yesterday but couldn't get into it i'm having fun as MK Dons boss still managed to finish 2nd last year 1 point behind Arsenal and won the FA Cup,also got CL for 3rd time in a row.

Anyways i was just wondering if u were still using kimz tactic or if u had developed ur own!

Mark its because u suck! ha only jokingicon_razz.gif would give Oxford another go! ill make sure i go on and on and on to you so you get so fed up you do it! icon_razz.gif

got 2 hours of playing time today hopefully finish the season!

Matt that is a pretty weak squad if im honest, Ganea is awful and that zapater guy wouldnt get a starting place in Derby!

haha only joking! great team mate can say that you should be fine for next season lol. are you looking to sell anyone? if you i would have to say millan, lansbury or eron?

Yeah mate I agree, I'm trying to offload Ganea for £500k and Zapater has moved to Sunderland for free. icon_wink.gif

Seriously, I'm looking into selling Eron and getting Kolarov to replace him (he has a £13.25 mill release clause). Gerrard (regen) has already gone to Arsenal for £20 mill plus 30% next sale, the board accepted the bid but I probably would have anyway. I've finally pesuaded Sergio Ramos to come (about time!) and Higuain is also coming on a free after impressing for my Argentina side. With Sergio Ramos coming in I'm trying to sell Ilsinho (Porto sniffing around). I will sell Millan if I get an offer of about £10 mill but I'd rather keep Lansbury for one of the English players in Champions League registration. Apart from that it'll just be regens again.

Thabks for the suggestions btw. icon_smile.gif

matt nah my tackling isn't set to hard, it's either normal for the CB's and easy for the full backs but i can't remember lol

Just a quick update on my game, i'm 5th in league 2 with 31games played. I was going on a really bad run of results mid season and just started stringing together some results, won 3 on the trot now and hopefully will secure promotion icon_biggrin.gif

Transfers In

Saulias Mikoliunas FBK Kaunas Free

Tomas Cerny Hamilton Free

Paul Daglish Bradford 95k

Jay Simpson Arsenal Loan

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake Wolves Loan

Havard Nordtveit Arsenal Loan

Devidas Cesnauskis FBK Kaunas Free

Rhys Murphy Arsenal Loan

Ganea had no intention of joining?!

Results so far

Oxford 4-5 Notts Co icon_frown.gif

Oxford 4-1 Barnet icon_smile.gif

I'm really pleased with the effort the lads have put in here. We lost 2-0 at home to Bolton in the FA Cup first round, but as it's first season that's no disgrace, as we took the game to them, had 57% of the possession and the shots were only slightly in their favour. Two Kevin Davies goals on the break did it for them, and the gulf in quality was apparent, their defence was simply too good for us, and Jussi was sensational.

Well, maybe not that good on the day as he wasn't particularly challenged. Fans were disappointed with the inability to convert chances but they can bugger off.

Cheers for the welcome. Just finished the first month lost my first game (york bet me 1-0 icon_mad.gif) but I have won the last 6 games in a row.

Took advice with the signings posted on here so thanks for that all of them are playing well icon_smile.gif

I will do an update soon.

BlueSquarePremierLeagueTable.png

OxfordUnitedTransfers_History.png

Mike, ah it seems the mighty Wanderers were just too strong for you! icon_wink.gif Unlucky tho, Davies with 2 in 1 game your defence must be really bad! Don't listen to the fans mate, it's a good result. icon14.gif

Adam, nice start mate, all your signings should do well. Could you no have got some more cash from the transfers out tho? Anyway, good luck with the rest of the season. icon_smile.gif

megafan, never mind mate. Seems really unlucky, might be time to drop Foster...

.___________.

Salisbury. 22nd place. Me. Top. Scoreline: 4-1 Salisbury. Shots on target by me in the game: 0. Shots off target: 4. I scored a deflected free kick. They had an U18s player who scored two long rangers, 6 long shots. They played like Brazil, and I'm second now because I needed to win to go back top as was a game in hand.

I blame all these bloody cups, 9 games in a month in December, and 4 in this one so far and it's the 12th January. 15 games in 43 days, that's just UNDER a game every 3 days. BUT, got a week to recover now, trying to loan Rhys Murphy/Danny Welbeck now they're old enough but clubs are having none of it.

Hopefully I can pick the charge back up and take the title. Can't wait to get out of the BSP, horrible league.

Beware Salisbury! They could surprise you. icon_razz.gif

I actually think the BSP is quite an easy league but I suppose it's easier with Oxford than with Woking. Fixture congestion is a problem but spare a thought for Rangers irl... (cue abusive post from Celtic08!).

It is an easy league, but the teams are all very annoying, the only way you lose points is rubbish teams with late equalisers really.

And the cups! Too many. Once you get into the league, you can afford bigger clubs, and the board don't expect you to really have a run in the League/FA Cup so you can concentrate on the league.

I actually think the BSP is quite an easy league but I suppose it's easier with Oxford than with Woking. Fixture congestion is a problem but spare a thought for Rangers irl... (cue abusive post from Celtic08!).

I wish i could but i'll be banned if i do

hey guys im back for an hour or so tonight. trying to finish the season!

into both finals FA Trophy and Setanta shield!

And won the BSPwith 9 games remaining!!

30 points ahead with a game in hand, but alot of my team are tired and wanting rests so not sure i will keep it up player 37 and have 99 points!

had a few draws recently, really wnat to go unbeaten won 31 drawn 5 and want to keep that drawn down low!

mate ramos and higuain thats brilliant! how much you getting for eron?

Could be a close call as to whether you beat my points total mate! Nice work tho.

Still trying to sell Eron. So far have these transfers arranged:

IN

Gonzalo Higuain (Free)

Sergio Ramos (Free)

Aleksandr Kolarov (£13.25 mill)

Lee Sung-Woon (£5k) regen

Dmytro Chygrynskyi (Free)

OUT

Morgan Gerrard (£20 mill)

Pichu Atienza (£9.75 mill)

Hopefully Eron and Ilsinho

Fraser, any chance you could make the screemie a bit bigger mate?

Archived