Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished League 2 and this is how it finished

leaguejl3.th.jpg

Had a terrible second half to the season, going 9 games without a win, including a 5-0 defeat to Peterbough!!!

My defence was crap to and I need to invest heavily in that department.

On the upside Victor Moses was sensational, scoring 39 goals and my midfield were superb apart from the mid season blip. Roll on next season.

Tom, looking good mate: unlucky against United but not the end of the world. How many points are you on now?

surf_ed, nice mate keep it up! All Tom's suggestions are great, Maghoma is a good MC as well on loan.

Zombie, Arsenal again as a parent club that's lucky! Good signings anyway, some unknowns should be interesting to see how they do. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Briz, thanks mate. Yeah give the newbies time to settle in and they'll do fine. Best of luck. icon14.gif

Chang, yeah wps are really annoying, thankfully I've had luck with them so far. Ganea's overrated imo, so don't worry about him. icon_razz.gif

Well done on all the win btw. icon14.gif

Conbob, great season mate, enjoy League 1! icon_smile.gif

Well at least this time around I got Chelsea was a parent club. Last game I never got a parent club in 4 seasons.

I will get ganea when I am in the Premier division. Its ganea or bust. In the mean time, I got D. La Tellac for 150K. A poor man's ganea.

Of the original squad, whats the opinions on who's good enough for regular first team football?

Already signed Salomonson (MR) and Orniel (A/MC) in MF.

Dolcini (DR) and Mary (DL).

M.Green and D.Rose look good. How about the others?

Rose is a very good MC for the BSP and Green is a great impact sub, but not first team material imo. Quinn is a pretty decent DC and Foster isn't bad (I think Coventry want him irl). Ledgister has pace which is useful, but has rubbish other stats so I wouldn't trust him with much tbh.

Good signings so far btw. icon14.gif

Good choice megafan, Barcelona would be so boring! Matt, you may as well read this as well.

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast was good for me)

DR: You should be okay with Foster, Anaclet and Clarke but loans are he best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team.

DC: Quinn is pretty good but I would try and get another. Sabic would be great and def get Soley if you can on a free who is great at DM as well. Andrei Cordos would also be great.

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Danny Rose is surprisingly good, and if you get Soley he can play well here also. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Loans are very useful, Maghoma is a great one.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Don't forget to get a parent club as well, great loans to be had.

Tactics is a tough one. Briz_Lad made a tactic that seems to work well, can't remember where it is tho: too many pages lol! Otherwise a basic 4-4-2 works surprisingly well, as does a 4-1-2-2-1 (4 defenders, 1 DM, 2 MCs, 2 wingers and one ST). Just experiment and you'll find a decent tactic, otherwise look around the tactics forum for inspiration.

Good luck to you both: enjoy! icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Scott, I didn't personally get Ebanks but others have so I'm not sure why he's rejecting you. Harsanyi is great, also look at de Vita, Charlie Sheringham, Victor Moses and Coulson (although results with him have been mixed).

i have 96 points with 12 games to go could be 123+ mate!!! still unbeaten in every other game except united!

welcome megafan! bloody hell theres loads of us now!

just beat Ebbsfleet 3-1 (Mary, Soley, Salomonsson) in quarter final of setanta shield

Originally posted by dexta200:

i have 96 points with 12 games to go could be 123+ mate!!! still unbeaten in every other game except united!

welcome megafan! bloody hell theres loads of us now!

just beat Ebbsfleet 3-1 (Mary, Soley, Salomonsson) in quarter final of setanta shield

Bloody hell Tom, a possible 132 points that would be incredible!!! icon_biggrin.gif

megafan, nice mate, all Oxford legends!

only managed to play 3 league games so far in the 2nd season (in league 2) but have 9 points and 11 goals so far \o/ (including a 5-0 thrashing over MK Dons) and then a 4-1 win over league 1 swindon in the league cup \o/

Ganea, Devite and Emil the greats so far

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Scott, yeah love Harsanyi. Bolton player too, a bonus. Is that Kimz you're using mate? I had a spell using that but found i conceded too many goals.

I use my own Tactics. Find it takes the fun out of the game using other people's icon_smile.gif

Yeh i suppose but you get more satisfication, or well.. i do! I doubt il make back-to-back promotions all the way to the EPL but it makes it more realistic.

Just got into August, so should make Septmeber by the end of tonight, hehe.

Bit gutted though as i didn't get a Parent club.

It seems a bit hit and miss with parent clubs. They're useful no doubt but it's not the end of the world that you haven't got one! You'll get to the EPL mate no worries. Could be like 2056 irl when you do tho if you carry on doing like a month and a half in 1 night lol! icon_wink.gif

Seems a bit hit and miss with parent clubs tbh. They're useful no doubt but it's not the end of the world if you don't get one. You'll get to the EPL mate, no worries. Could be like 2056 irl when you do tho if you carry on at this rate! icon_wink.gif

Sorry about the double post. Don't know what happenend there??? icon_confused.gif

Yeah, slow and steady wins he race! I worried about staff when I got into League 2, they should be fine for the BSP. I wouldn't take my advice on staff either, I just signed all former Bolton players lol. Hierro, Charlton, Frandsen, Speed, Stelios, Stubbs, McAteer, Pedersen... what a backroom lineup lol! icon_razz.gif

Ganea is backup for Stancu in Prem with QPR and Le Tallec backup to Guilherme so both top quality.

Started a game with Oxford last night, won the first friendly 3-2 against Marseille, but my Laptop may not be able to handle the added Nations so may have to restart.

Who do you sell to keep wages under control?

knap, you can sell everyone out of the original squad providing you have replacements. However I would keep Rose and Quinn as they're also prety good in League 2. Also terminate all loans except Matt Green who is useful as an impact sub. Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

megafan, don't worry too much mate. With those transfers you ahould be fine in the BSP so I'm sure your form will improve. icon14.gif

Eh sorry guys, Oxford is just too easy! Gone back to my Woking game, but I'll hang around because there's nowhere else to go and I can at least get some similar players with luck.

Thought I'd add that if you're starting a new game in the BSP, Chris Martin on loan from Norwich is GOD! Check him out, performed better for me than Ebanks-Blake! Also had a PA of 150 on my game so got potential as well.

Riddle, welcome to ever growing community of Oxford managers mate. Watch out purefun et al, we're coming to get you!

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast and Preston Edwards are both great)

DR: You should be okay with Foster, Anaclet and Clarke but loans are he best option if you want another try Zakuani, Kerrea Gilbert or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team.

DC: Quinn is pretty good but I would try and get another. Sabic would be great and def get Soley if you can on a free who is great at DM as well. Andrei Cordos would also be great. See if you can get Nordtveit from Arsenal as well.

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Danny Rose is surprisingly good, and if you get Soley he can play well here also. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Loans are very useful, Maghoma is a great one.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Don't forget to get a parent club as well, great loans to be had.

Tactics is a tough one. Briz_Lad made a tactic that seems to work well, can't remember where it is tho: too many pages lol! Otherwise a basic 4-4-2 works surprisingly well, as does a 4-1-2-2-1 (4 defenders, 1 DM, 2 MCs, 2 wingers and one ST). Just experiment and you'll find a decent tactic, otherwise look around the tactics forum for inspiration.

Good luck mate: enjoy! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Fraser, just load playable English BSP and load all players from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, France, Romania, Serbia and the Scandanavian leagues if your PC can handle it!

Mike, I was wondering who that was lol! Good luck anyway! icon_smile.gif

Archived