Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well done matt on getting the job!

shame it no pay lol.

that regen looks class and if he reaches his pa then he will be the best dm on the game! and at 20 he already looks amazing! so i wouldnt sell for less than 30m and thats pushing it!

Zombie Well Done with League One great points total! now i think is where the real challenge starts! in the Championship. Good Luck

Beat Liverpool 2-0 (Sakho, Sakharé) in the FA 4th round and Derby 2-1 in the Prem (Agbonlahor and Vidal with a 90th min winner on his debut!)

These are my January transfers (tried to get more English in):

IN

8 regens (total of £6.45 mill)

Gabriel Agbonlahor (£9 mill)

Henri Lansbury (£6 mill)

Arturo Vidal (Exchange for Dervite)

André-Pierre Gignac (£5.5 mill)

Giles Barnes (£9.75 mill)

OUT

Juan Manuel Torres (£2 mill)

Jack Wilshere (£10 mill)

Dorian Dervite (Exchange for Vidal- Inter)

Arturo Lupoli (£10 mill)

Lulinha (£16 mill)

This is my squad:

f_Oxfordsquadm_efa1c0f.jpg

Tom, thanks mate he does look good! Hopefully he'll reach his PA!

quality team matt.

You still got any players that you signed in the blue square premier?

just another quick update on my game, now sitting at the top of the table 3 points ahead of aldershot and i've played 32 games icon_smile.gif

got knocked out of the setanta shiled 5th round on pens tho icon_frown.gif

you playing as oxford tom?

Originally posted by Dale0718:

quality team matt.

You still got any players that you signed in the blue square premier?

just another quick update on my game, now sitting at the top of the table 3 points ahead of aldershot and i've played 32 games icon_smile.gif

got knocked out of the setanta shiled 5th round on pens tho icon_frown.gif

you playing as oxford tom?

not not at the moment mate. my laptop is broken and i cant be bothered to start a new one on here incase i get my game back. but as soon as i get my laptop back i will either be starting again or continuing my game!

unlcuky in the setanta shield!

Sparky, fantastic mate. That's 4 of us who've made it into the Prem now!!! icon_biggrin.gif

George, no-one I signed in the BSP but I've still got Ledgister in the reserves! Tried to play him in the Champions League for a laugh but he was ineligible. icon_frown.gif Great turnaround in the league btw, unlucky in the Shield.

Tom, none quite as good as Wellington but it's a much better mix of quality and quantity this time!

Jorge Larrinaga

Lee Simpson

Acil Fatih

Can Cafer

Hard to decide which one is the best: a nice dilemma tho! icon_biggrin.gif

Good point Tom, maybe I'm too demanding! He has CA 139 PA 189 so he'll obv improve and become fantastic. icon14.gif

Just lost my second game of the season against Newcastle 2-1: bloody Owen scoring both, the winner in the 93rd min. Still top by 5 points tho, it's getting closer... icon_biggrin.gif

Hey,

I'm new to this thread so i'm a bit behind you's. I'm starting the seconds season, i'm in League 2. I need a decent GK, i haven't had one for Oxford yet, and it's costing me.

Jan Budtz GK Okay - 95% - - -

S5 Lst Mads Nielsen GK Okay 7-7-6-6-6 100% 3 - 6.00

- James Clarke D RC Very Good 7-7-8-7-7 96% 0 (1) - 7.00

- PR Simon Madden D R Superb 6 95% - - -

DR Curtis Osano D RC, WB R, DM Superb 8-7-7-7-6 97% 3 - 6.67

MC Magnus Svensson D R, DM Superb 7-7-6-6-7 96% - - -

DL Wnt Andrew Howell D L Superb 8-8-7-6-5 98% 3 - 6.00

- Ine Cédric Avinel D C Very Good 8-6-7 93% - - -

DC Wnt Esmir Sabic D C Superb 8-7-6-7-7 96% 3 - 6.67

DC Harry Worley D C Superb 7-7-7-7-7 97% 3 - 7.00

MC Loa Possebon D/WB R, DM Very Good - 95% - - -

- Scott Gardner D/WB/AM R Superb 7-7-6-7-7 95% - - -

S2 Lewis Montrose M C Good 8-6-8 95% - - -

- Danny Rose M C Very Good 8-7-7-7-7 95% 3 - 7.00

ML Ryan Baldacchino AM RL Very Good 7-7-8-8-7 93% 3 - 7.67

- Emil Salomonsson AM RC Okay 6-6-7-6-7 95% - - -

S3 Kevin Gall AM R, ST Superb 8-7-7-7-6 97% 0 (2) - 6.50

- PR Joel Ledgister AM R, ST Superb 7-6-7-6-7 95% - - -

- Wnt Stefan Moore AM RL, ST Very Good 7-7-6-8-9 94% - - -

MR Sabrin Sburlea AM R, ST Superb 9-7-7-7-7 95% 3 - 7.00

S4 Paul Marshall AM C Very Good 8-6-7-7-7 95% 3 - 7.00

S1 Wnt Charlie Bradshaw ST Superb 6-6-6-8-8 94% - - -

FC Wnt David Brown ST Okay 7 95% 0 (1) 1 7.00

- PR Guy Gbo ST Superb - 95% - - -

- PR Matt Harrold ST Superb 7-8-7-6-6 95% - - -

- Ine Will Hoskins ST Very Good 7-9-8-8-8 95% 3 3 8.00

- Int Onandi Lowe ST Superb 8-6-6-6-7 95% 0 (3) - 6.33

FC Bid Kabamba Musasa ST Superb 6-9-6-9-9 95% 3 5 8.00

- Slt Marcus Stewart ST Poor 6-6-7-6-7 94% - - -

hi, am gonna start a game as oxford after reading your threat - defo one of the best threads on here. will be looking to you guys for a lot of help though as never managed in the conference league before. who are the must-buys and should they be full-time or part-time. also, what new staff do i need ? thanks

just been given odds of 5-2 to win the league icon_frown.gif

have just over 300k left to spend after splashing out 120k on welsh sensation Aaron Ramsey for my MC spot (only 17 atm \o/) who will partner loanee Josh Wright in midfield, looking to get ryan hall form palace aswell for my left wing, squad almost settled

Deano, my best signings in the BSP were musasa, who I got in January (he is immense, my coach reckons he can play in the prem), and Onandi Lowe who i got on a free in Jan. Esmir Sabic and Kevin Gall did alright, but you have to get some good loaness in, they are key.

Originally posted by surf_ed:

Damn, how did you get that much money? done well mate. I spent my whole 200K budget on sabrin sburlea.

selling players brought in 300k in the first season and so far this season selling Parisio (amongst others) have brought in 250k

plus having a very healthy balance helped

selling players brought in 300k in the first season and so far this season selling Parisio (amongst others) have brought in 250k

plus having a very healthy balance helped

Nice one, I'm awful at keeping a good balance, because i'm always spending too much on wages. You got Kabamba Musasa?

i haven't, but i've had a look at him and he dosn't seem to bad, but with m ystrike force of Phillips, Constantine, Mazzola & the legendary Ganea i doubt i need another striker, might bring in a youth one though in case someone gets injured

thanks surf_ed. what about staff in the conference ? will i defo get a parent club if i ask for it ?

I didn't get one until Jan, which is annoying, but you can still get some good loan signings. You can get some good ones towards the end of the window. Like Dong from man u

surf_ed, welcome mate. Nice squad, Scribe is a fantastic GK and available cheap, so go for him. Good luck. icon14.gif

Deano, welcome also!

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast was good for me)

DR: You should be okay with Foster, Anaclet and Clarke but loans are he best option if you want another

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team.

DC: Quinn is pretty good but I would try and get another. Sabic would be great and def get Soley if you can on a free who is great at DM as well.

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Danny Rose is surprisingly good, and if you get Soley he can play well here also. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Loans are very useful, Maghoma is a great one.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Don't forget to get a parent club as well, great loans to be had. I wouldn't worry to much about staff tbh, look at replacing them when ou get to League 2. Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

Barnetboyz, no pressure then! Looks like your squad's coming together nicely! icon14.gif

right then i've just finished my 3rd season in the prem and finished just 6th which was a bit disappointing.

the signings i made were ok but bouzanis was very poor so hoping he performs next year. galvan and villanueva were fb. i also managed to sign a brazillian regen with a pa of 199 icon_eek.gif

premsquadbq9.png

i feel i need a new centre back defensive midfielder right midfielder and 2 strikers.

garcia has been poor so he needs replacing. diarra is getting on abit and isn't performing up to the standard required. right midfield has been a problem this year. i've tried 3 different players in the position: grecco, saez and di maria. di maria was the most succesful but he still wasn't good enough. the strikers have been ok but have missed far too many simple chances for my liking.

premtablekk5.png

any suggestions on players i should look at would be appreciated. icon14.gif

unlucky briz tbh i would just be looking at Regens and the usual wonderkids because your so far in i couldnt recommend anyone because i dont know whos at who etc sorry mate. looks like with a couple ofgood ones you should get CL next season!

Liking it Nick! You say 6th is disappointing but look at where Oxford are irl that will make you feel better! I thought Myrie-Williams might struggle in the Prem yeah. This Brazilian(t) regen, is it that Carvalho on the screenie? Is he not good enough yet? And maybe you should look around for more regens, great ones to be had I'm sure. Anyway:

DC: Sakho, Dervite, Vidal, Atienza all good for me so far. Nordtveit if you can get him. Kompany ditto, tho he's prob at a massive club by now. Chygrynski is a very solid player imo, surprised I don't here more about him on the forums. Dellafiore, Gioda, Maximiliano Oliva, Cabral, Nasuti, Henrique (Palmeiras at the start), Sidnei, Gary Cahill, Rafael Forster, Howedes, Cahais all good options.

DM: Slightly more limited here. Zapater is fantastic if you can get him. Ditto for Sankhare and Hamsik. Camacho, Gelson Fernandes, Bolzoni, Distel Zola, Sami Khedira, Matuidi, Carioca, Vurnon Anita, Esparza all great.

MR: Lulinha would be my number 1 choice but Lansbury, Agbonlahor, Young and Giles Barnes are all great and also English! Amrabat is a bit of a wild card but has turned out well on mine. Also Topaz and Turun Arda from Turkey, Diego Valeri, Saivet, Anton Putsilo, Kalouda, Barkroth, Alex Teixiera, Zarate and Bonin. Bruno Gama was an absolute legend on FM06 on the PSP, not sure about 08 on the PC but he looks okay!

ST: In my experience, the best regens are usually strikers so hunt for some otherwise Saivet, Briand, Balotelli, Milevskiy, Kriztian Nemeth, Falcao, Hoarau, Goitom, Acapandié, Batuhan, Daniel Pacheco.

Best of luck mate. icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Fraser, 3 points ahead of United with 11 games left. Out of FA Cup as well, lost to Man City. We'll have to hold it together coming into a run-in!!!

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast was good for me)

DR: You should be okay with Foster, Anaclet and Clarke but loans are he best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team.

DC: Quinn is pretty good but I would try and get another. Sabic would be great and def get Soley if you can on a free who is great at DM as well.

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Danny Rose is surprisingly good, and if you get Soley he can play well here also. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Loans are very useful, Maghoma is a great one.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Don't forget to get a parent club as well, great loans to be had. Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

Certainly no-one can accuse my teams of playing boring football! First leg vs Bayern:

oxford44bayernrd3.jpg

And if that wasn't exciting enough, here's the return at the Kassam!!!

oxford64bayernfc2.jpg

OMG! 1 goal in the first half, I thought this will be a boring game: how wrong I was 9 in the second half!!! Fortunately more of them went to us so we go through 10-8 on aggregate! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

Originally posted by briz_lad:

matt fair play mate fb brilliant results. looks like you might be on for the prem title aswell. i will update tomorrow night with my transfers. this season looks like it could be promising for me.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it. icon14.gif

Archived