Successful 4-2-3-1 for ALL Leagues & Divisions

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir Thomas:

Thankss for the feedback!

Originally posted by Sir Thomas:

This is a great tactic.

Started a new game with Wigan last night (don't ask me why)

in my first 10 games ive won 4 drawn 3 and lost 3

which against the calibre of opponents ive faced really isnt bad!

So thanks!

Tried numerous variations of these tactics with Cardiff.

Team is

GK: Joe Hart

RB: Richard Duffy

LB: K Mcnaughton

CB: Loovens

CB: Johnson

MC: Rae

MC: Mcphail

MR: G Torje

ML: Whittingham

FC: Stancu

FC: Eastwood

This team should be dominating the championship but for some annoying reason is doing very poor and these tactics dont work for me...God knows why as Eastwood is a pacey striker at the top of the championship..

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

thanks for the feedback

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mdtalbot:

This tactic is working quite well with my Napoli squad in the first season - it has me sitting at 6th in the Serie A at the winter break, which is pretty amazing considering that they're expected to battle against relegation.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>By the way, what type of AMC do you recommend using - a playmaker type, or more of an AMC/F? Buonanotte's doing a pretty good job there at the moment for me, but I've been eyeing Arshavin a bit.

mdtalbot: i personally prefer am/fc as I don't use a playmaker with this formation

Originally posted by mdtalbot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

thanks for the feedback

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mdtalbot:

This tactic is working quite well with my Napoli squad in the first season - it has me sitting at 6th in the Serie A at the winter break, which is pretty amazing considering that they're expected to battle against relegation.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>By the way, what type of AMC do you recommend using - a playmaker type, or more of an AMC/F? Buonanotte's doing a pretty good job there at the moment for me, but I've been eyeing Arshavin a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Used these tactics with Hungary:

Played 8, won 4, drawn 3, lost 1.

Really happy with them so far, as the wins included one against Russia and the draws featured one against Greece and a two-goal comeback against the Netherlands. Even the one defeat was 3-2 away to Turkey, with them getting a dodgy (from where I was sitting, anyway) free kick in injury time.

My team seems to create a huge number of chances, and is excellent defensively; we concede something like 0.7 goals/game, which for the quality of players that are available to me isn't too shabby.

Next up is a friendly against Brazil - I'm thinking that SUS might be in order...

Ok, your not get what I'm saying I CAN OPEN THE FILE, BUT WHEN I DO I CAN NOT READ WHAT YOU HAVE WRITEN DOWN BECAUSE IT'S ALL IN SYMBOLS (NO WORDS) JUST SHAPES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT FILE EXTENSTION .tac IS BUT IT WILL NOT WORK IN MS WORD. I need a .doc or .txt extenstion

Please help I really want to try the tactics

Thanks again

Originally posted by dyson42:

Ok, your not get what I'm saying I CAN OPEN THE FILE, BUT WHEN I DO I CAN NOT READ WHAT YOU HAVE WRITEN DOWN BECAUSE IT'S ALL IN SYMBOLS (NO WORDS) JUST SHAPES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT FILE EXTENSTION .tac IS BUT IT WILL NOT WORK IN MS WORD. I need a .doc or .txt extenstion

Thanks again

Please take the time to read the forum rules:

1. No posting in caps

2. Do not disclose your email

dyson:

drop the file i sent to you .tac into your tactic folder and you should be able to open from there

Originally posted by dyson42:

Thanks again

ArcticMonkey:

I have never felt the need to use this option, however, don't be afraid to try it though as it might help with the way you personally want to have your team play>

Originally posted by ArcticMonkey:

CrazyScotsman, have noticed in your tactic that the target man option isn't ticked. Despite this, would you still advise adding players to the target man list?

Guest kida-39

I've been using this tactic for the past couple of weeks with Eastbourne Borough of the Blue Square South and after one season we won the league by two points. We got off to flying start but around November I had a difficult time. I had some signifigant injuries including my goal machine striker and things went sour. Around February we took off again and managed to win by a slight margin.

Very few yellow cards and only one red card the whole season. I have a feeling this is due to the tactic.

One issue I noticed is I had a hard time in games at home where I was heavily favored; I lost some embarassing ones. In these games I started the home tactic, sometimes the ATT, but I always had to go defensive. It was also difficult to determine appropriate away ones.. But in the end I won the division so I can't really complain. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the tactic, I'll keep you updated on my progress in the Blue Square premier.

Nick

Many thaks for the feedback!

Originally posted by kida-39:

I've been using this tactic for the past couple of weeks with Eastbourne Borough of the Blue Square South and after one season we won the league by two points. We got off to flying start but around November I had a difficult time. I had some signifigant injuries including my goal machine striker and things went sour. Around February we took off again and managed to win by a slight margin.

Very few yellow cards and only one red card the whole season. I have a feeling this is due to the tactic.

One issue I noticed is I had a hard time in games at home where I was heavily favored; I lost some embarassing ones. In these games I started the home tactic, sometimes the ATT, but I always had to go defensive. It was also difficult to determine appropriate away ones.. But in the end I won the division so I can't really complain. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the tactic, I'll keep you updated on my progress in the Blue Square premier.

Nick

hi crazy... firstly thanks for posting the tactic.

my football knowledge is virtually nil( basically I had heard of the game and thought cool this should be fun. . . now you know what I mean by nil)

When I applied your tactic I think I was about 5 games into the season and had made it to the second round of the FA cup, pretty sure I had bombed out of the others.

Following your instructions i.e watching the possession I would change tactics accordingly. So question number one (remembering my FB knowledge), How many times a game should I change tactics, or does changing the tactic too many times during a game become problematic?

Sorry, I should mention that I am in League 1 and my team is Cheltenham, media prediction is relegation, my "aim/agreement" with the chairman "avoid relegation"

Further in relation to my team, I pretty much came in and cleared house, sacked staff and players alike (I think I just woke up from my nap cranky). Through much forum reading I managed to get myself what I think is quite a good coaching staff star wise, and also put everyone on a new training schedule (cmfrenzy).

I bought a whole bunch of new players many on free transfers, many of whom are quality players, at least that is what my Asst Manager is saying( personally I think he hits the cooking sherry a little too much)

To finish up on "the team " about three payers only had maybe a seaon/ season and a half left in them due to age.

Anyway shortly after a applying the tactic the team began to improve. Again, remembering my knowledge, I just wanted them to play a very free and flowing style of game and they did which was good. I went from about below midtable to sit in 5/6 position about midway through the season. However there was never any further progression from there.

The possession was good and the game stats for the most part were positive, I was disappointed with the goal shooting though, plenty of shots, and an awful lot of misses. In games lost, a not unusual stat, would be along the lines of 11 shots, 6 off target , 5 on target and scoreing 0. So I struggled with that, not sure how to get my strikers more accurate. I tried a few things, resting the player, benching the player, hammering him in the press, sent him to his room with no dessert etc, in the end I called his mum, and she said she gave up on him a long time ago. . . apparently she wanted him to become a lawyer.

From midway on the "team" went through a bit of a slump, which lasted ooohhh, right up until the last game. I could not get a win for love nor money. The "team" spent so much time defending their own goal, that, during home games, the groundsman would come out onto the pitch and do a bit of weeding at the other end. This mid season slump(crash and burn) threw me for a bit of a loop and again really not sure how to rectify that.

I did try various things such as switching tactics, so an away game I might start with home, or defend etc. What I did notice was all the sharpness went out of their play. The ball handling went to the dogs, passing was bad, and clearing the ball from the danger area, well quite frankly I don't want to into it. Lets just say some of the boys needed to get some panel work done on their cars. My goalkeeper, I should have put him on a chain, he's rushing out to virtually midfield, the opposition striker is looking at him like, "are you off your head, you don't belong out here" and either ducks around or chips it over his head (anyway,I've got some friends that are going to pay him a visit). I think I went for about 10 games or so without a win. I was managing to draw a few here and there but could not get a win.

Well to wrap it up I finished 17th for the season, which I am not too disappointed in as my "aim" was to avoid relegation. I am however more perplexed at the dramatic loss of form from what essentially appears to be a good team.

I am about to head into the next season and will be sticking with your tactic, if you have any recommendations I would be happy to hear them. Below should be some screenshots of the team , coaches ladder etc

cheers tel

the lads

picture4sv4.th.jpg

the coaching staff

picture1xb9.th.jpg

Ladder

picture5fn6.th.jpg

mid season...ahem slump????

picture2he1.th.jpg

telV7:

thanks for the feedback which i found very entertaining!

A couple of things: Change tactics throughout the game as often as you like. It is the same formation with just a few modifications but should not have an effect on the players. Acouple of things I would look at: I always try to make sure prior to a game that I play with my players who have 95% condition rating or better even if this means I can field my strongest team. I am also pretty tough on my players as far as discipline. If they finish a game with a 6 rating I tell them I am dissapointed. Anything under 6 I issue them a warning. If they have straight red card they get a 2 week wages fine and dropped to the reserves for 2 weeks. Hope this helps

Originally posted by telV7:

hi crazy... firstly thanks for posting the tactic.

my football knowledge is virtually nil( basically I had heard of the game and thought cool this should be fun. . . now you know what I mean by nil)

When I applied your tactic I think I was about 5 games into the season and had made it to the second round of the FA cup, pretty sure I had bombed out of the others.

Following your instructions i.e watching the possession I would change tactics accordingly. So question number one (remembering my FB knowledge), How many times a game should I change tactics, or does changing the tactic too many times during a game become problematic?

Sorry, I should mention that I am in League 1 and my team is Cheltenham, media prediction is relegation, my "aim/agreement" with the chairman "avoid relegation"

Further in relation to my team, I pretty much came in and cleared house, sacked staff and players alike (I think I just woke up from my nap cranky). Through much forum reading I managed to get myself what I think is quite a good coaching staff star wise, and also put everyone on a new training schedule (cmfrenzy).

I bought a whole bunch of new players many on free transfers, many of whom are quality players, at least that is what my Asst Manager is saying( personally I think he hits the cooking sherry a little too much)

To finish up on "the team " about three payers only had maybe a seaon/ season and a half left in them due to age.

Anyway shortly after a applying the tactic the team began to improve. Again, remembering my knowledge, I just wanted them to play a very free and flowing style of game and they did which was good. I went from about below midtable to sit in 5/6 position about midway through the season. However there was never any further progression from there.

The possession was good and the game stats for the most part were positive, I was disappointed with the goal shooting though, plenty of shots, and an awful lot of misses. In games lost, a not unusual stat, would be along the lines of 11 shots, 6 off target , 5 on target and scoreing 0. So I struggled with that, not sure how to get my strikers more accurate. I tried a few things, resting the player, benching the player, hammering him in the press, sent him to his room with no dessert etc, in the end I called his mum, and she said she gave up on him a long time ago. . . apparently she wanted him to become a lawyer.

From midway on the "team" went through a bit of a slump, which lasted ooohhh, right up until the last game. I could not get a win for love nor money. The "team" spent so much time defending their own goal, that, during home games, the groundsman would come out onto the pitch and do a bit of weeding at the other end. This mid season slump(crash and burn) threw me for a bit of a loop and again really not sure how to rectify that.

I did try various things such as switching tactics, so an away game I might start with home, or defend etc. What I did notice was all the sharpness went out of their play. The ball handling went to the dogs, passing was bad, and clearing the ball from the danger area, well quite frankly I don't want to into it. Lets just say some of the boys needed to get some panel work done on their cars. My goalkeeper, I should have put him on a chain, he's rushing out to virtually midfield, the opposition striker is looking at him like, "are you off your head, you don't belong out here" and either ducks around or chips it over his head (anyway,I've got some friends that are going to pay him a visit). I think I went for about 10 games or so without a win. I was managing to draw a few here and there but could not get a win.

Well to wrap it up I finished 17th for the season, which I am not too disappointed in as my "aim" was to avoid relegation. I am however more perplexed at the dramatic loss of form from what essentially appears to be a good team.

I am about to head into the next season and will be sticking with your tactic, if you have any recommendations I would be happy to hear them. Below should be some screenshots of the team , coaches ladder etc

cheers tel

the lads

picture4sv4.th.jpg

the coaching staff

picture1xb9.th.jpg

Ladder

picture5fn6.th.jpg

mid season...ahem slump????

picture2he1.th.jpg

Campbell1892:

How many games did you actually play with my tactics?

Originally posted by Campbell1892:

just tried it in russian league was 4-0 down a half time, reverted to my usual tactic got 2 goals bac dont think ill be tryin that one again any time soon

• 2 weeks later...

Argie86:

Thanks for the feedback. The first thing I would look at is the conditioning of your players prior to game time. Try whenever possible to pick the players with 95% and higher conditioning.

Second: During the game check your possession percentage at the 15 minute mark. If you do not have a higher perecentage of possesion than your opponent go to either more defensive or attacking depending on the situation. Doesnt matter if you are home or away.

Hope this helps.

Hi crazy, Im preston, played 8 games:

Win 1

Draw 2

Lost 5

really bad start :(

thanks for the feedback

Been using this with a Doncaster side in League 1 predicted promotion, 9th in table.

Results:

Carlisle (h) 1-1

Cheltenham (a) 4-2

Crewe (h) 3-0

Blackpool (a) 4-4

Yeovil (h) 1-1

Leyton O (a) 2-2

Lincoln (a) 1-1

Swansea (h) 1-0

So lots of draws!

Im Shakhtar and lost the league by 10pts in 1st season due to my bad start.

Agaisnt Dinamo Kiev, they would always beat every game by scoing the winner late on. They play a 3-5-2 formation.

Turned it around in season 2 by winning the league by 10pts. Though it is turning into a battle in season 3 with the title going either way.

I only use the away tactic for every match as I found the home tactic doesnt work for me. I also use the the def, att and sus tactics during the match depending on the situation.

I also find Im losing too many goals from corners.

My team:

Shust

Illsinho - Chyrgynskhyi, Rusol, Guillherme

Arshavin - Tymoschuk

Husyev - Jimenez - Menez

Progrebnyak

Got Kravchenko, Alex Texeira, Shevchenko, Gai, Vidal & Kucher on bench.

Many thanks for the feedback.

I would suggest you set up the corner routines to suit your style of play. Obviously you and I would have different styles of play.

Im Shakhtar and lost the league by 10pts in 1st season due to my bad start.

Agaisnt Dinamo Kiev, they would always beat every game by scoing the winner late on. They play a 3-5-2 formation.

Turned it around in season 2 by winning the league by 10pts. Though it is turning into a battle in season 3 with the title going either way.

I only use the away tactic for every match as I found the home tactic doesnt work for me. I also use the the def, att and sus tactics during the match depending on the situation.

I also find Im losing too many goals from corners.

My team:

Shust

Illsinho - Chyrgynskhyi, Rusol, Guillherme

Arshavin - Tymoschuk

Husyev - Jimenez - Menez

Progrebnyak

Got Kravchenko, Alex Texeira, Shevchenko, Gai, Vidal & Kucher on bench.

• 1 month later...

Archived