Successful 4-2-3-1 for ALL Leagues & Divisions

Spanky:

thanks for the feedback.

Just a note: with most tactics it takes 10 _ 15 games for the average squad to get used to a new tactic set.

Also, Out of 8 games you've only lost one - I would consider that decent??

Originally posted by Spanky:

With this set of tactics, played 4 home games, won 2, drawn 2 - played 4 away, drawn 3, lost 1.

Quite poor. Heavy favourites for each game, should be getting promoted but stuck mid-table.

Disappointing.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tato:

I emailed the tactics to you.

I tried the link again this morning and it is working fine??

Originally posted by Tato Brazil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

Sorry here is the link to the tactic set:

http://files.filefront.com/4+2+3+1+Crazyscotsman+v1zip/...09597;/fileinfo.html

Crazyscotsman, I was wondering if you could upload it to rapishare as the link above doesn't seem to work for me?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trying this with my Crewe game at the min not doing to bad with the players ive got,Just wondering what type of stats are needed for the dm as im struggling to find a good one.

Ebanks-Blake up front is doing the business with 18 in 8 games after getting him on loan.

i look for the following in my DM:

agression

bravery

creativity

workrate

pace

passing

Originally posted by lord raffles:

Trying this with my Crewe game at the min not doing to bad with the players ive got,Just wondering what type of stats are needed for the dm as im struggling to find a good one.

Ebanks-Blake up front is doing the business with 18 in 8 games after getting him on loan.

Working very well with both Vauxhall Motors and Sunderland for me. You must be prepared to change. The home tactic does not work strickly at home and the away one away. As Crazyscotsman has said watch the first 15 mins, if it's not going your way then change to the other. Thats what i do and it often swings the game in my favour.

Guest Top-Dogs

Was stuck in a bit of a rut, lost 3 games in a row (one of them 5-1!). Given this tactic its first go against top of the table Real Madrid and won 5-1! So far so good.

glad to hear it is working for you.

Originally posted by Dazzler1992:

This tactic in working superbly in my QPR game, first season. Top of the table in January by about 10 points. Got knocked out of the League cup by West Ham but wasn't really expected to win that game so it's fine.

So, if at home im getting less chances than the opposition i should change to what?

Or if im getting lots more chances away i should change to?

So long as Crazyscotsman doesn't object to me answering for him... at home if getting less chances change to away. If getting lots of chances away the don't change. If the goals don't arrive then change to home. These changes work for me.

andysafc _ many thanks!

DrEdwierd: The tactic set is just that a set, i have name them home, away, attack, defend and sus. The way i usually play is that if I am home and favourite i will start with teh home tactic. I watch the possession percentage upto the 15 minute mark. If I have the better percentage of possession I will leave the tactic as is if my opponent has better possession I will change to one of the other tactics in the set. Just because the tactic has a specific name does not mean it has a specific function. Another example: if I am home and playing a much stronger team in the cup I might start with defend or even SUS. Usually I will also switch a couple of times between tactics throughout a match depending on what is happening. Don't be afraid to experiment!!! The tactic set works well as a set once the players get used to it.

Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

So not change to attack if you're getting a lot of chances?

yo - i've taken mkdons from l2 to ch position 8 after 3 seasons.

at the moment after my summer signings, i am top of the league, 7 wins in a row.

nice one. i've actually now, to take advantage of the extra pace in my team actually playing 2 am's on the wings and my fbs up to wb positions - but the same team instructions. this also seems to be going well. nice one!

Took awhile to get my first Vauxhall Motors season finished. I think that this screenshot says it all really...

fm2008mc1.png] [/url]

I've won promotion from this divsion before but it was always via the play-offs. It's a first for me in 08 to win the title at first attempt, with a game to go also!

Good work crazyscotsman!

I know that Portugal and Denmark, Van Gall, Koeman have used this formation and I believe the current England coach used it when he was with Real Madrid - I like it as it gives you plent of attacking and defensive option along with having 4-5 lines of players compared to other tactics 2 or 3

Originally posted by Golden_Team:

I think portugal last night using this formation

petit was defensive mid. moutinho as more offensive MC, and deco was on free role

not really seeing it for my MK dons side (i know someone stated success with them)

only played pre season matches, all against non league opposition, so far i've drawn 4-4, 2-2, 0-0 and lost 5-0 and 5-1. All against non league.

So not looking too great for my promotion tipped side

try and give the tactic set 10 to 15 games so your players get used to it

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

not really seeing it for my MK dons side (i know someone stated success with them)

only played pre season matches, all against non league opposition, so far i've drawn 4-4, 2-2, 0-0 and lost 5-0 and 5-1. All against non league.

So not looking too great for my promotion tipped side

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

I know it usually takes a while to see the team really grow into the tactic, however i'm not too sure i could afford that many games for them to come to terms with it if the team is struggling against non-league sides

when i change to a new tactic - usually at the beginning of a season i will schedule at least 15 friendlies if possible

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

I know it usually takes a while to see the team really grow into the tactic, however i'm not too sure i could afford that many games for them to come to terms with it if the team is struggling against non-league sides </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Crazy,

I just tried exactly the same formation on my Sheff Weds game. Admittedly I didn't put much effort into it, as I'm still enjoying my 07 saved games.

Will give your set a try and let you know how I get on. I'm in my 5th season, took 3 seasons to make it into the prem league, finishing top half 1st season.

I will let you know how I get on

Team:

David Marshall (GK)

Stephen Warnock (LB)

Lubomir Michalik (DC)

Martin Skrtel (DC)

Frank Simek (RB)

Anatoliy Tymoschuk (MC)

Nacer Barazite (MC)

Adam Johnson (AML)

Javier Chevanton (AMC)

Anthony Le Tallec (AMR)

Collins John (FC)

thanks - enjoy!

Originally posted by Smink:

Hi Crazy,

I just tried exactly the same formation on my Sheff Weds game. Admittedly I didn't put much effort into it, as I'm still enjoying my 07 saved games.

Will give your set a try and let you know how I get on. I'm in my 5th season, took 3 seasons to make it into the prem league, finishing top half 1st season.

I will let you know how I get on

Team:

David Marshall (GK)

Stephen Warnock (LB)

Lubomir Michalik (DC)

Martin Skrtel (DC)

Frank Simek (RB)

Anatoliy Tymoschuk (MC)

Nacer Barazite (MC)

Adam Johnson (AML)

Javier Chevanton (AMC)

Anthony Le Tallec (AMR)

Collins John (FC)

Congratulations on this nice set, Crazyscotsman!

On away games I personally use the defensive tactic with a bit of tweaking - I set all my midfield and my striker's closing down to the highest level and they give the opponents no space at all and my team is constantly on the attack.

Note that you need players with good physical attributes + good decision making in order to keep your tactical discipline.

MuSTaKa

many thanks _ i look for the following in all players for my team, aggression, bravery, creativity, determination workrate, pace and passing. The higher the attributes the better suited to my style of play

Originally posted by MuSTaKa:

Congratulations on this nice set, Crazyscotsman!

On away games I personally use the defensive tactic with a bit of tweaking - I set all my midfield and my striker's closing down to the highest level and they give the opponents no space at all and my team is constantly on the attack.

Note that you need players with good physical attributes + good decision making in order to keep your tactical discipline.

Archived