Successful 4-2-3-1 for ALL Leagues & Divisions

Here is a tactic set that I have used in several different leagues and in various countries with good success. I have just taken York to promotion from Blue Square Premier in first season. The tactic has also been tested in all English and Scottish Leagues, Germany, Holland and Spain. Below is the image of my "Home" tactic.

4-2-3-1Crazyscotsmanv1-Home.jpg

I have enclosed the tactic set for those of you that wish to try. The set consists of five tactics: Home, Away, (both attacking) Attack (When you need a goal) Defend and Shut Up Shop.

4-2-3-1_Crazyscotsman_v1.zip

Any feedback appreciated.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few tips I used when setting up a match that might help.

If playing at home I would start out with the "Home" tactic and away from home, start with the "away" tactic. I usually monitor the game for the first 15 minutes and if I do not have a better possession percentage than the opposition I will either go more attacking or defensive. Also, I never use OI.

Hope this helps!

Eltjon:

What team are you playing with?

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

A few tips I used when setting up a match that might help.

If playing at home I would start out with the "Home" tactic and away from home, start with the "away" tactic. I usually monitor the game for the first 15 minutes and if I do not have a better possession percentage than the opposition I will either go more attacking or defensive. Also, I never use OI.

Hope this helps!

If first impressions last then i could be using this tactic for awhile. Tried it in my Vauxhall Motors game which is a difficult task to start with, but it produced some good results.

What Defuser says applys to any good tactic. Despite tweaking i have found a way around it yet.

I have tried your tactics with herford in league 1. The home tactic seems to be working really well with the away being the opposite. I might try using defend rather than away for the minute but do you think there is any reason the away one is so bad for me when the home one is so successful.

Smudge:

even although i have named it "away" it is still an attacking tactic for the most part.

when i play an away game i will usually start with the away tactic but if I do not have a better percentage of possession than my opponent at the 15 minute mark then i will switch to one of the other tactics. With your players defend might be a better option but i have on occassion even used the "home" tactic while playing away

Originally posted by The Smudge:

I have tried your tactics with herford in league 1. The home tactic seems to be working really well with the away being the opposite. I might try using defend rather than away for the minute but do you think there is any reason the away one is so bad for me when the home one is so successful.

I find the away one works really well in away games, even sometimes at home. My problem is the away one works so well, so i step up to the home one and the opponents always comeback. So although stepping back is recommended be careful when stepping forward! SUS does it's job.

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

If playing at home I would start out with the "Home" tactic and away from home, start with the "away" tactic.

No?!?!?! I'd never have guessed icon_razz.gif

Over the years i have always tried to play FM with two teams. One is always Sunderland and then i always choose a team from the lower leagues just as something different. What i have found with FM08 it has been harder to get a tactic that works with one team to work with the other also. so... when i saw crazyscotsman's thread Successful 4-2-3-1 for ALL Leagues & Divisions i was keen to see if it actually worked. I have tried it briefly with Sunderland and it is working but my biggest surprise is with Vauxhall Motors.

I am heavy underdogs for each game yet i defy the odds.

fm2008vj4.png] [/url]

Still in the FA Cup also which is starting to generate some cash. Well done crazyscotsman icon14.gif

I just tried a game with the home tactic away and won 3-1 so i might just have the case of having to use the home tactic for both home and away then just switch to defense so on hopefully if i get a lead.

I just tried a game with the home tactic away and won 3-1 so i might just have the case of having to use the home tactic for both home and away then just switch to defense so on hopefully if i get a lead.

I think a lot depends on what team you are. If you are a better team in your division then the home tactic my favour you more. I find the away tactic is best for the teams i'm using. In the League Cup though i went with the ATT one and it paid off.

could you provide any info on what types of players needed fast striker/tm e.t.c am gonna start a game with juve and want ot use your tactic with trezeguet he has got 10 acc/12 pace

gutted ive started a game with juve i want to keep trezeguet as his finishing is 20/composure is 20 but i want to use your tactic when you refer to dm do u mean the mc who has the barrow on it

correct - the dm has the barrow

what trezeguet lacks in speed he makes up with skill - should do the job for you

Originally posted by lfc7:

gutted ive started a game with juve i want to keep trezeguet as his finishing is 20/composure is 20 but i want to use your tactic when you refer to dm do u mean the mc who has the barrow on it

i always look for dc with the following at 12+ agression, bravery, pace, heading and marking

but crazyscotsman said the fast striker the better also any idea on what type of players needed for dc fast e.t.c

if you find that at home you cannot score with the attack and home tactics use the away tactic - it is still attacking! One problem i have never had with any of the tactics in this set is scoring - i have even won 3-0 with the SUS tactic?

tactic sent to your email address

Originally posted by roy1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roy1979:

he crazyscotsman here you my emailadres i can´t download it to.

and i want to try this tactic badly

thank you

emailadres is roy1979@zeelandnet.nl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God... These formations suck!

I've now lost 3 consecutive games - one of them against the bottom team.

I can't recommend these tactics - sorry!!!

crazyscotsman just a few questions ive played a few games and away the away tactic wasnt working so i changed to home then when that didnt work the ATT but drew the game also at home i changed to away and got the breakthrough. when u talk about looking at the possesion for the 1st 15m more or less the opp always has more possesion than me no matter what tactic am using any help please? csm

Been having problems with some other "tactics for all divisions" with a good Brighton side in League 1 (season 4 now).

Looking forward to this - I have a pacy striker and good DMC as suggested above, so I'm looking forward to this.

lfc7:

what team are you? did you recently get promoted? what is the condition of your players at the start of each game?

crazyscotsman just a few questions ive played a few games and away the away tactic wasnt working so i changed to home then when that didnt work the ATT but drew the game also at home i changed to away and got the breakthrough. when u talk about looking at the possesion for the 1st 15m more or less the opp always has more possesion than me no matter what tactic am using any help please? csm

I'll give it a shot with Oudenaarde. Playing in Belgian second division. I am in heavy financial troubles (yet they keep expanding the stadium icon_rolleyes.gif).

All my players are loaned from first division youth teams. I'll report in a bit icon_smile.gif.

should do well for you as played with it in the lowest English division

Originally posted by DivineOne:

I'll give it a shot with Oudenaarde. Playing in Belgian second division. I am in heavy financial troubles (yet they keep expanding the stadium icon_rolleyes.gif).

All my players are loaned from first division youth teams. I'll report in a bit icon_smile.gif.

With this set of tactics, played 4 home games, won 2, drawn 2 - played 4 away, drawn 3, lost 1.

Quite poor. Heavy favourites for each game, should be getting promoted but stuck mid-table.

Disappointing.

Archived