FM08: The Official What Team Should I Be Thread

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or its it impossible to get into a game with FM09 so close to release I have tried the following games but just cant get into any of them.

Shakhtar - The save wont load and it was getting a bit boring as the league is far too easy.

Benfica - Just started last night but I can feel the boredom beginning to set in.

Sunderland -Played as them many times but after the last save wouldnt load after I built up a kick ass team I just cannot be bothered and want to save them for FM09 as my first game.

Zenith - Just couldnt get into it for some reason.

Getafe - Was boring not really sure why I just didnt like the save.

Celtic - LEague was just too easy obviously lol and I just cant get into it.

I am just looking for a fun game the cash to spend doesnt matter neither does the league or country just let me know what you found fun and I might give it a go. I want one more decent game before FM09 comes out, its either that or I go spend £40 on Saints Row 2 instead. Might even be time for me to leave the game until FM09 comes out.

Sunderland are a good team to manage you can raise a bit of money selling deadwood players can get £15 million or so then after that you can get alot of cash to spend. Best played on the Weegie update as Diouf, Malbranque and Anton Ferdinand are good players but can be sold on for over £8 million each. Plus Cisse bangs the goals in season after season.

Thanks for replies i went sunderland but only lasted an hr if that.

Started a game as Ajax had a great game with them not long after FM08 come out so thought why not

I am about to start as Ajax gave it a little go before and am ready to try a proper game as them now.

I've played a few different saves in FM '08; My main one reaching 2017 (Going from Man United to Argentina to Athletico Madrid to Real Madrid for a 5 year run of winning everything... not that fun, besides I rarely start off as a "top-flight" team.

Then other notable saves included Sunderland (This was before ANY patches so maybe it's changed?) and Celtic (8.02, won all domestic competitions and got into the CL Final first season, never liked it afterwards as the standard of league never improves).

I enjoy playing a mid-table or avoiding relegation team that has a couple of good youth players or alternatively some good old players that only have the legs to last a season or two.

Milan perhaps? In my main save, by 2017 Milan were 7th/8th in the table, never recovering after losing their star players like Seedorf, Pirlo, etc.

Also, where can I download this latest patch/update to get the summer signings in?

Thanks.

Struggling who to be? or maybe you Just want to let people know who you are being and why. Well this is the palce for it.

I have taken this idea from Cleons very succesful thread for FM07.

So This is the format:

Club:

Division:

Transfer Budget:

Key Players:

Good Points:

Bad Points:

Additional Information:

Thanks icon_wink.gif

Club: LInfield

Division: N.Ireland Premier

Transfer Budget: 10K

Key Players: GK-Mannus, D/M-Gault, AM L/C-Kearney, FC-'Pistol Pete'.

Good Points: 50/50 chance of winning league/cups, almost certain qualification for Europe every season.

Bad Points: Lack of money, very hard to attract decent players to help get to next level, very hard to do anything in Europe.

Additional Info: I love playing in N.Ireland, plenty of cups to try and win, league is not too long (30matches), and very good chance of European footie no matter who you play as. Lack of money and getting players you can afford to sign can be frustrating but if you can get a good parent club, at Linfield I have Rangers, you get some really good youngsters on loan.

Club: Ajax

Division: Dutch Prem

Transfer Budget:£5 million but raised to £25 million if you ask for more money

Key Players: Huntelaar the rest can be replaced

Good Points: League is easy but europe is hard. There are no player restriction and no work permits, some good youth.

Bad Points: Its hard to keep hold of your best players such as Huntelaar

Additional Information: There is only me and one other user posting in the official thread so I need other people to talk to about my game and theirs lol. Come on people lets make Ajax strong again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Lyon? What exactly are you looking for?

I actually have no idea.

Probably a team in the top division of their country. Was weighing up the idea of Lyon, or Gremio. Not sure about any other options.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Was looking to start a new game with a German (or Italian/Spanish if needs be) team from a 2. Bundesliga or Third Division - for the purposes of a story (New owners, bit of cash etc) and play through with them. It is preferable the team wears red (I'm a loser ha).

Look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Looking for a non-UK team with a long, interesting, at least somewhat prestigious history which is currently NOT in its countries top division.

I've already had careers with Stade Reims and Pro Vercelli, so they're out.

Hello everyone,

Was looking to start a new game with a German (or Italian/Spanish if needs be) team from a 2. Bundesliga or Third Division - for the purposes of a story (New owners, bit of cash etc) and play through with them. It is preferable the team wears red (I'm a loser ha).

Look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Just to check, do both of you mean for FM08? Or FM09? :D

• 1 month later...

Hello :)

Looking to start a game with a team in the Spanish or Italian leagues who are just below Uefa Cup but also that I'd have some idea about the players-I tried with Napoli but I just don't have enough knowledge with some of the players and I don't like those sort of games. FM 08 btw.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance:)

Archived