FM08: The Official What Team Should I Be Thread

Originally posted by BlueAndWhiteArmy_91:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukegjpotter:

Club: Liverpool

Division: English Premier League

Transfer Budget: £7M+

Wage Budget: 1,800,000 p/w

Key Players: Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano

Best Formation: 4-2-3-1 (2 DM's, play the 3 as you wish)

Good Points: Strong Center Midfield and Strikers, New Stadium, Average Youth w/ some real gems, Good Reputation, Good facilities.

Bad Points: Poor Players on insane wages (Benhyum, Kewell, Carragher, Alonso etc.), Small Stadium, Poor finances, High expectations, No Ass. Man., Over valued Poor Players (Kuyt, Crouch, Hyypia).

Notes: Every half decent player is out of your finance range, you need to be doing good to keep Mascherano and A.C. Milan will want all of your midfielders, With regular football Babel becomes class.

Needs: 2RB;s, 2CB's, RM, LM.

You'll need to have 2 players in every position to compete for everything.

Carragher isn't a bad player mate! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention Xabi Alonso is a great talent and you've got him down here as poor? icon_confused.gif

Don't even get me started on your description of Crouchy as 'over-valued' and 'poor'. Nonsense. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! icon_mad.gif

C.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And I still haven't found what I'm looking for" /U2

I want suggestions for a team that matches the following:

-League 2 or lower (England only)

-Big stadium (relative to others in their league)

-Good transfer budget (relative to others in their league)

I have given Oxford a try, and took a brief shot at MK Dons. What else is there to recommend?

Originally posted by Just Jack:

Club: Sheffield United

Division: Championship

Transfer Budget: £2.5Million - £3.5 Million

Key Players: Tonge, Beattie, Sharp

Good Points: After Bryan Robson in real life you cant fail to be a succeed. Good youngsters including S.Quinn and B.Sharp

Bad Points: Star Striker Rob Hulse misses first few months of season.

Additional Information: Officially the best supported club in the championship

Hmm really considering this

Club: Leyton Orient

Division: League One

Transfer Budget: 50k

Key Players: Thelwell,purches,mkandawire,chambers,saah,demetriou and boyd

Good Points:Good youth and a good chance of pushing for promotion

Bad Points: Lack of funds

Additional Information:feeder club to spurs and although they have a lack of funds you can make over 400k by selling chambers

(also i recommend trying to get jack collison and matty fryatt on loan)

Club: Newcastle United

Division: Premier League

Budget: Off the top of my head about £15,000,000.

Key Players: M Owen, S Taylor, N'Zogbia

Good Points: Lots of money, large ground, do a Sir Alex at Manchester Utd and bring Newcastle out of the dark again!

Bad Points: Pressure to succeed from the board and from the fans.

Club: Shellbourne FC

League: Irish first Division (second league)

Good points: good finances, good keeper, decent reputation and new stadium coming

bad pionts: don't get much trasnfer money

additional: can you get them to be a european quality team?

Quite fancy a mid-table or lower game in either the top or second divison in one of the big European leagues (England/Spain/Italy/France/Germany/Portugal/Holland). Would like about 7/8/9/10 million to spend, to build a team. Suggestions?

I've heard about Hoffenheim, apparently they have great finances in RL because of their rich owner, is it the same on FM?

Club: Alianza Lima

Division: Peruvian First Division

Transfer Budget:

Key Players: Maestri/Zegarra/Ciurlizza/Benavides

Good Points: Solid team to begin with a fair division.

Bad Points: Keeping your team together and contending.

Additional Information: Can you win the Libertadores?

Club: Real Betis

Division: La Liga

Transfer Budget: ~2.5mil I think. (I got it up to 20mil starting my 3rd season, bought Veloso & Vidal)

Key Players: Rafael Sóbis, Lima, Ricardo.

Good Points: Incredible offense. Relatively large stadium, low expectations to start with.

Bad Points: Terrible R/LBs, takes a while to get going. Stadium nearly always 10,000 short of capacity.

Additional info: I'm into my 4th season in this and it's brilliant, came 3rd last year ahead of Barca and rivals Sevilla after being predicted to come 8th. Sóbis is a machine, has scored 35+ in all competitions each season.

Club: Werder Bremen

League: Bundesliga

Transfer Budget: 3.5mil

Key Players: Diego, Markus Rosenberg, Hugo Almeida, Torsten Frings, Naldo, Mertesacker.

Good Points: Terrific all round really, Almeida and Rosenberg are goal machines if used correctly.

Bad Points: High expectations with relatively low transfer budget, you can raise funds by selling excess players though. Relatively small stadium.

Additional Info: Rosenberg & Almeida traded the league's top scorer for the 4 seasons i played this before i accidentaly deleted it. Never stop scoring if you use the right tactics.

If you hadn't guessed my favourite colour's green. icon_cool.gif

Can somebody suggest me a new game to begin?

Recently I have started games with Manchester United, but could only manage 1 season before getting bored, and then AC Milan, a game which lasted 3 seasons, winning every trophy each besides the missing out on the Italian Cup once.

I dont want something like dafuge's Challenge, just something a bit different. I dont want to be in England as watching that all season makes it a bit dull playing FM in the English league, and not in Italy. I also have a long-term Lyon game that is ongoing, so I dont want to be in the French League.

Any other suggestions I am open to!!

GPTG, help me!!

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Can somebody suggest me a new game to begin?

Recently I have started games with Manchester United, but could only manage 1 season before getting bored, and then AC Milan, a game which lasted 3 seasons, winning every trophy each besides the missing out on the Italian Cup once.

I dont want something like dafuge's Challenge, just something a bit different. I dont want to be in England as watching that all season makes it a bit dull playing FM in the English league, and not in Italy. I also have a long-term Lyon game that is ongoing, so I dont want to be in the French League.

Any other suggestions I am open to!!

GPTG, help me!!

Was going to say Lille but icon_frown.gif

So Villarreal

Thanks for the suggestion jonahno, but Ive decided to start with Real Zaragoza.

I have been editing my database to keep up to date with transfers, and have sorted all promotion/relegation in Europes top leagyes, so Im in Spains 2nd division with them. I have little money, and have had to sell some quality players to bring otherss in.

Like I said, thanks for the suggestion nevertheless. I did listen to you a bit though; I am playing in Spain!

Club: Napoli

Divison: Serie A

Transfer Budget: €8 million

Key players: Fabiano Santacroce, Marek Hamsik, Manuele Blasi, Ezequiel Lavezzi

Good Points: Some excellent young players (Lavezzi, Hamsik, Gargano, Santacroce), Board living in reality (low expectations), Massive Stadium & Fan Base, Top Training facilities.

Bad Points: Worrying lack of cohesion in squad, Full backs are poor, Goalie is dodgy, Midfield needs more depth.

Additional Information: Can you return Napoli to the glory days of a certain Diego Armando Maradona?

Club: New England Revolution

Division: MLS

Budget: 94736 (taken from editor)

Key PLayers: Twellman, Joseph, Reis, Parkhurst, Ralston, Albright

The Good: You have one of the best goalkeepers (Reis), one of the best defenders (Parkhurst), one of the best midfielders (Joseph) and aruguably the best striker in MLS (Twellman). No real weaknesses in the squad. Huge stadium that you will never fill.

The bad: You have no money, both transfer-wise and wage-budget-wise, aging squad, many players underrated, your better players will likely be bought by European teams.

Additional Info: In typical Boston fashion, the Revs have made it to the MLS final in at least 3 different occasions but have failed to win- including the past two years. Do what Steve Nicol has failed to do and get that championship!

FC Twente are a decent outfit to go with in the Netherlands, they have some decent players, though not sure about the financial situation.

In Italy there is alermo, they have some quality players and aren't exactley poor.

Club: HSV

Division: German Bundesliga

Transfer Budget: About £5-£7.5 million

Key Players: Rafael Van Der Vaart (class act), Jaun Pablo Sorin

Good Points: Low Expectations, Easy to take to the top

Bad Points: Hard to attract the best players

Additional Information: Overall a great team who you can take to the top of Europe quite easily. Highly recommended.

Club: Olympique de Marseille

Division: Ligue 1 (Top French division)

Transfer Budget: 5,5£ asking for more gives £12~13,5M

Key Players: Taye Taiwo, Lorik Cana, Samir Nasri

Good Points: Good allround team

Bad Points: You'll need another striker and pack the midfield with someone really good.

Additional Information: Stop Lyon in France, and bring the back shine to great team from Marseille, and win the Champions League 2nd time for the team.

Hi,

I want to be a Spanish team, with lots of Spanish players and a good youth set up, with plenty of home ground talent. I don't want a top side, don't mind what division, torn between a Tottenham type job or a Southampton type job. Would like a reasonable budget but not essential.

Have been Espanyol and Depor already. (On FM07).

So not to much for ask for ! Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by timmers:

Hi,

I want to be a Spanish team, with lots of Spanish players and a good youth set up, with plenty of home ground talent. I don't want a top side, don't mind what division, torn between a Tottenham type job or a Southampton type job. Would like a reasonable budget but not essential.

Have been Espanyol and Depor already. (On FM07).

So not to much for ask for ! Thanks in advance.

I recommend Real Betis

Club: Zenit St Petersberg

Division: Russian Premier

Transfer Budget: 3.5million

Key Players: Andrei Arshavin, Pavel Pogrebnyak

Good Points: Move into 60000 stadium after 2 years. Good club transfer budget increases over years. lots of homegrown talent and plus its a challenge.

Bad Points: Urm starting transfer budget aint the best however you can sell players. also cant play anymore than 6 non russian players in the league.

Additional Information: start halfway through the season so its a challenge to see if u can win the title first season.

After success with Newcastle I'm looking to emabrk on another career game in the EPl. I have narrowed my options down to the following - Aston Villa, Everton, Sunderland & Spurs.

Any feedback or suggestions otherwise. Or who has given you the most fun/challenge.

Club: Villareal

Division: La Liga

Transfer Budget: £6m

Wage Budget: £360k

Stadium Capacity: 22,000 (ave: 17-18k)

Key Players: Nihat, Giuseppe Rossi, Matías Fernández

Good Points: Some great youngsters in a squad littered with good spanish players such as Capdevilla, Senna, Cazorla & Bruno plus the experience of Tomasson, Pires & Cygan.

Starts in the Uefa Cup and club can attract good players.

Bad Points: Small attendances = Small transfer budget. Stadium cannot be expanded. Constant battle to balance the finances & keep hold of your star men.

The challenge is simple - win the first trophy in the clubs history.

Originally posted by bluenonny:

After success with Newcastle I'm looking to emabrk on another career game in the EPl. I have narrowed my options down to the following - Aston Villa, Everton, Sunderland & Spurs.

Any feedback or suggestions otherwise. Or who has given you the most fun/challenge.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Club: Sunderland

Division: Premier League

Transfer Budget: £500k

Key Players: Craig Gordon, Dean Whitehead

Good Points: If you survive the first season in the Prem then you receive lots of money to build a good solid team.

Bad Points: Low budget to start with and bad defence.

Additional Information: Keep them up and it can be the most enjoyable experience in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly I'm one of these people who get bored of my saves too quickly, so I'm looking for a game which will bring me success and keep me entertained for a long time.

In England I want to manage - maybe a Championship side or a lower league team who I can bring success to? A decent transfer budget would be nice also.

Thanks.

Hi there.

I have started a few games in FM 8.02, and it's starting to get boring.

I've played with Arsenal, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Racing, Barcelona, BAyern Munique, Inter Milão and Leeds

As I reached all my goals in each save, I stopped playing there.

Now I need some suggestions , anyone mind tipping me a good team to start with? ( even if it is a strong team)

Archived