Editing experiment- Obscure nation with excellent acadamies

m1234566778

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might not have made myself clear earlier. I want you to choose out of The Solomon Islands, Singapore, Faroe Islands and Malta and edit the domestic clubs facilities to 20. Then you post updates after each season. Using a template like this:

Number of decent regens you found:

Most promising regen:

Highest valued regen:

Highest average rating regen:

Interesting thing that happened:

There are four spots up for grabs so don't miss out.

Someone made a database for FM08 where the Fiji league was playable. Most of the players had PA of around 20 (many in single figures). The quality regens should therefore make a huge and immediate impact. Also, th Fiji clubs are all amateur so no one has a contract. This means that your regens can move at any time without payment or compensation, providing they meet international rules.

Do you have a link to this?

Would be great to try it out :thup:

Great idea!

i would love to play this, one demand: it has to be an european land. so; Luxembourg, San Marino, Farao Island, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuana, Andorra.

and isnt Monaco a country to? :), or maybe Citta del Vaticano?

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should discuss something like this in the ideas thread, that way you can get an idea of how many people would be interested in this sort of thing before you start a thread on it.

I started a game with GUAM, an obscure island in pacific ocean near Australia. I edited all clubs giving them 20 both for training and youth facilities and a youth academy. Moreover I assigned Fabio Capello as Assistant Manager since I don't want to look at the matches.

First year, only defeats.

After the first generation of newgens, some interesting people is coming in. Now I'm in 2011 (if I remember well. I have the game at home) and Guam is passed from 207th position in the world to the 150th, having gained a couple of winnings against other obscure nations and some draws.

If you need that I am more detailed, please tell me.

This is the story of Guam till now:

Siria 1-3

Giordania 0-1

Afghanistan 0-1

Algeria 1-6

Andorra 0-0

2009 - First generation of newgens

Angola 1-1

Anguilla 3-0

Antigua and Barbuda 3-2

Netherlands Anthilles 1-1

Saudi Arabia 1-3

Aruba 0-0

Australia 1-4

Bahamas 3-0

2010 - Second generation of newgens

Bahrein 2-1

Bangladesh 3-0

Barbados 2-2

Belize 2-0

Bermuda 1-0

At this point Guam is at 124th place in the world.

2011 - Third generation of newgens

This year there has been only 3-4 generated players better than the years before. The team is going to have some players who play many matches. Until now no official matches played. I don't know why.

Bhutan 5-0 (well it was easy)

Bolivia 3-2 (this one was a bit harder since Bolivia is a good team)

Botswana 1-3 (I didn't expected it, but in any case Botswana is currently better than Guam)

Brazil 0-5 (as normal)

Current ranking position is 109th in the world

San Marino is the smallest manageable nation on the game, I think.

What do you mean by smallest?

Reputation? It is not. San Marino reputation is 2050, while Guam (together with American Samoa, Northern Mariana and Wallis & Futuna) is only 50.

In terms of extension (Square miles)? Yes. You're right (at least it is the smallest manageable nation). But it is not the hardest.

Still 2011.

Brunei 2-1

Burundi 1-0

Mongolia 3-0 Away Qualification World Champ

Cambodia 1-1

Mongolia 0-1 Home Qualification World Champ Qualified to second turn

Singapore 1-2 Away Qualification World Champ

Singapore 0-0 Home Qualified to World Champ Group

Guam World ranking is 96th place

2012 Results of this year

Australia 0-2 World Champ qualification

North Korea 0-1 World Champ Qualification

Camerun 0-2 Friendly

The year began with three defeats, but then ...

Lebanon 1-0 World Champ Qualification

Australia 1-3 WCQ

North Korea 5-0 WCQ Biggest win

Lebanon 3-0 WCQ

Qualified as second in Asian WCQ

Final tournament for World Championsip

Australia 1-1

China 3-2

Saudi Arabia 2-0

In the meantime there were Olympiads with the U23 who was played by the same team (you know they are very young)

In 2011 there were 2 preliminaries against Bhutan and Qatar, played automatically by the system.

Bhutan: 0-1 and 2-0

Qatar: 0-0 Home 1-1 Away

In 2012:

Group B Qualification:

Indonesia 1-0

Australia 2-0

Japan 1-0

Australia 0-1

Japan 7-1

Indonesia 2-2

Qualified to the Olympiads having gained the same points as Australia, but with a better goal difference in the matches againsta Australia.

At the Olympiads:

France 1-3

United States 2-2

Nigeria 2-0

Qualified as second after France

Then :

Germany 0-4 Too strong for Guam.

World ranking is now 57th place.

I'm having a go at this with Puerto Rico and Bhutan, but it's March and neither have produced any regens.

Does anyone know when they should appear?

I'm using a medium database and I used FMRTE rather than the pre-game editor to change the facilities, so i fear that this may be the reason(s) why

ok thanks, it's 2nd of July now and still nothing. Looks like I'll have to start again

I loaded all players from those countries, Is it ok to run it on a medium database? or would you recommend that I do Large?

In Puerto Rico, newgens appear in September, while I cannot say anything about Bhutan since I don't have any in my game.

When playing with obscure nations it is better to have a Large database, and to select few championships, preferably playing in the same continent as the nation you selected.

tried it again last night and still nothing :mad:

I'll try it once more, this time only with Bhutan

I have 6 asian leagues loaded, large db plus all players from Bhutan, Nepal, Burma, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mongolia and Laos, so if it doesn't work this time i don't think it ever will!

Guam 2013

Few new good newgens. Team is mostly the same as the year before, except for the keeper and the left defender.

Bahrein 3-0 Asia Cup

Thailandia 4-0 Asia Cup

UAE 2-1 World Champ qualification

Chile 0-5 Friendly

China 2-2 World Champ qualification

China 0-0 Friendly

Saudi Arabia 1-2 World Champ qualification

Australia 1-3 World Champ qualification

UAE 1-1 World Champ qualification

Arrived third in World Champ qualification round. To do play-off

Colombia 2-3 Friendly

Comoros 3-1 Friendly

Japan 1-2 World Champ qualification play-off

Japan 1-0 World Champ qualification Qualified for away goal

Saudi Arabia 1-2 Asia Cup

Thailandia 4-2 Asia Cup

New Zealand 4-0 World Champ qualification final against Oceania winner

New Zealand 0-4 Won at penalties (LUCK!!!) Qualified at World Champ

54th place in the world

Doing this with Haiti. I'm gonna be their head coach aswell as a club manager so I can sign the best youngsters and develop them. I know they're not unknown (3000 reputation) but I want to make them world beaters. Will keep you updated on good players and whatnot.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Right, I know not much has happened here for a while but I want this to become an active thread again. I will be starting again and I urge more people to do it as well so we can get some good results from the experiment. Afterware it would be good if you could post some more updates about your Guam save.

I will start with Andorra.

Right, I know not much has happened here for a while but I want this to become an active thread again. I will be starting again and I urge more people to do it as well so we can get some good results from the experiment. Afterware it would be good if you could post some more updates about your Guam save.

I will start with Andorra.

Sorry but I stopped playing with Guam after my last post.

What ?

I am taking one of the worlds worst footballing nations and giving the domestic clubs youth acadamies and training facilities of the highest standard (all will be set at 20). I will then take control of the nation and hope through the domestic clubs some excellent regens are produced.

Your help

I need your help to pick the obscure nation. Could you please state the nation and also if you want to become one of the excellent youth coaches who will be installed at one of the clubs.

Please don't delay to ask any questions about the experiment.

I suggest Malaysia...my home country....try it....

Archived