Editing experiment- Obscure nation with excellent acadamies

m1234566778

What ?

I am taking one of the worlds worst footballing nations and giving the domestic clubs youth acadamies and training facilities of the highest standard (all will be set at 20). I will then take control of the nation and hope through the domestic clubs some excellent regens are produced.

Your help

I need your help to pick the obscure nation. Could you please state the nation and also if you want to become one of the excellent youth coaches who will be installed at one of the clubs.

Please don't delay to ask any questions about the experiment.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIFA announce Fiji as chosen country

All of Fiji's domestic clubs are to be given state of the art training facilities in a radical new plan which is sure to cause a stir around the world. The new manager of Fiji SI McGuy says that he thinks Fiji will win the world cup by 2018 and be the dominant footballing country. The nation was chose after a number of key members discussed the issue ahmufcwafc played a key role in the discussion as did shels1895 who are both on the board at FIFA. Exciting times for Fiji.

Rather than giving both countries the same stats, perhaps you could expand this a little by giving one max youth and min training, and the other min youth and max training, and make every other stat the same.

This way you would find out which has a better influence.

Yes that's it. Also even though Singapore are playable I still decided to put them in. Updates coming, end of first season.

Questions for you to think about.

. Who will have most good regens?

. Will any have moved to Europe?

. Will the nations be winning?

I have holidayed my user for the first season so hope he doesn't get sacked.

It's hard to say why one team nation would have more regens than the other because you've given them both the same training and youth facilities! How about some of the other factors like reputation or importance of game in nation? Have these been changed?

No, they have been kept the same. End of season update soon.

Then this "experiment" is unfair. Unless you are saying that youth and training are in fact the constants, and the variables you are testing are actually the importance of game in nation or whether it's a developing/developed state.

ok.

Here we go first update

Singapore

Notable Results- Cyprus 1-3 Singapore (Friendly)

Singapore 0-3 Ivory Coast (Friendly)

Singapore 2-1 Jordan (Qualifier)

Any regens?- A 17 year old goalkeeper, 3 17's (attributes) and a full cap.

A 16 year old midfielder, 1 19 and 3 16's one full cap.

Maz, you got the code the wrong way round.

It should be like this with the brackets included:

[/b and then a closing bracket.

Are you using Genie Scout or FMRTE or Mini Scout to check their PA's?

As this would help as you could really moniter what was progressing in the countrys.

Ok mate it's changed. I'm not using a scout.

Faroe Islands

Notable results- Portugal 6-1 Faroe Islands (Friendly)

Faroe Islands 2-1 Greece (Friendly)

Turkey 5-0 Faroe Islands (Friendly)

Any regens?- There are two young 17 year olde that look good in HB team. There are quite a few promising youngsters in the teams.

Fiji

Notable results- Fiji 2-1 Vanuatu (Qualifier)

New Zealand 2-0 Fiji (Qualifier)

Fiji 3-3 New Caledonia (Qualifier)

Any regens- Once again a few dotted around the clubs. An excellent striker at Rewa with finishing at 17.

Note- any regens that move to Europe I will follow in depth. Feedback :)

Someone made a database for FM08 where the Fiji league was playable. Most of the players had PA of around 20 (many in single figures). The quality regens should therefore make a huge and immediate impact. Also, th Fiji clubs are all amateur so no one has a contract. This means that your regens can move at any time without payment or compensation, providing they meet international rules.

Archived