Ideas for FMH08

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brewers1950:

just put in a quick result feature. but dont make it as poor as the previous one, ie i lost to boston utd 6-1 playing as roma in a pre-season friendly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're never had a 'quick result' feature in any SI game so I think you're probably thinking of a different product.

(and no we won't be having one in any future game either - I believe 'quick results' devalue the enjoyment you get from a game because it increases you to 'abandon' a season if you get a couple of bad results and 'jump' to the next season by skimming through the rest of the season without paying real attention to it ... this makes your management of your team less personal and imho reduces peoples enjoyment of the game)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i should have pointed out that the quick result was on pc version, just had to boot it up to double check it actually was there lol!

what stops people abandonning games if they watch a few minutes of commentary? if somebody doesnt want to play the game properly then no matter what you put in to it they will still do it!

i think the dadtabase needs ALOT of looking into, if you play for eg scottich league, 95% of players you search for that are interested are, surprise surprise, scottish, if again for eg rafa benitez just took the spain job (my game experience) me playing as celtic, i cant apply for the liverpool job because it cant load a secondary database?! small things that make a game so much more enjoyable!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It's not that we want to change the game to CM07 cos if we did we would be spending our time playing that game and joining in their forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should try it, well worth a look mate! instead of putting all your ideas on how to make this better, you can get the finished product right now for around £25!!

not sure if it has been mentioned, but, out season competetions ie international tourniments or the asian champoins league are made unfairly difficult because your players fitness declines through the off season(june and july) while other teams dont seem to effected. had this problem with france and england at international level and as perth glory in australia. its understandble that players will become less fit but not to the extent it happens and would be the same for all, especially frustrating at international level as you have no control over training.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> That's the first time I've heard of a post-SI Championship Manager referred to as a "finished product". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought a similar thing when i first came on here and people told me it was a good manager game, bought it because everyone was banging on how good it was....lol if only game wuld give my money back, instead they offer be very little trade in because they have so many traded in already.

maybe the lifespan of the game should be thought about by the developers

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brewers1950:

i should have pointed out that the quick result was on pc version, just had to boot it up to double check it actually was there lol! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err not to contradict you but there isn't a quick result option in any of the SI football management sims.

(for the reasons I indicated in my original post)

I'm aware such features exist in some other management games - however they're not something I'd personally like to put in ones I'm developing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i think the dadtabase needs ALOT of looking into, if you play for eg scottich league, 95% of players you search for that are interested are, surprise surprise, scottish, if again for eg rafa benitez just took the spain job (my game experience) me playing as celtic, i cant apply for the liverpool job because it cant load a secondary database?! small things that make a game so much more enjoyable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're continually looking into ways to expand the PSP product - however please bear in mind that the restricted memory space means we can't do multiple leagues until we work out a way to compress the database more efficiently (believe me I'm working on it).

I think brewers is thinking about FIFA, you can do quick results in FIFA.

Anyway, I'm sure the Scottish researchers keep you up to date Marc, but just incase! The Scottish Cup format has changed for next season, there will now be an extra round added in. So there will now be Round 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 before the quarters, semis and final.

The qualifying round has been scrapped and more non league clubs will enter from round 1. Also the semi finals will now go to extra time and penalties instead of a replay and both will be played at Hampden.

Full changes to the competition can be found here. Would be cool if the changes were implemented for the next FM Handheld. icon_razz.gif

I agree with nearly everything that evryone has said but dont think all will happen as marc said about the memory etc...

one thing that would make the game very good is the ability to play over the net, like playing someone from the other side of the world icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Don't worry Gers_no1 all competitions will be updated with any changes for the next version icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought you would, but just incase you missed the new rules, lol!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

already been said, but i'll say it again. way too hard to get another job, and in my opinion, unrealistic too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I agree. You play handheld games for quick play so the PC simulation argument should not apply. The game should offer you another job within about two weeks just to keep the fun going no matter how bad you were at the previosu club.

additionally with the editor could you add the ability to edit the managers? so we can keep up with the managerial merry-go-round that happens in real life?

i've said this before so im going to mention it again i'd LOVE the option to negoiate your contract with the chairman and having to renew it. when its bound to expire?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">however please bear in mind that the restricted memory space means we can't do multiple leagues until we work out a way to compress the database more efficiently (believe me I'm working on it). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i understand this but where i am coming from is it is possible as its done in cm2007, it cant be too hard if its already been done for 2 years in that game as it was possible in cm2006 as well onm psp?!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">however please bear in mind that the restricted memory space means we can't do multiple leagues until we work out a way to compress the database more efficiently (believe me I'm working on it). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i understand this but where i am coming from is it is possible as its done in cm2007, it cant be too hard if its already been done for 2 years in that game as it was possible in cm2006 as well onm psp?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I remember right from the last time I played CM PSP they still only have one league active at a time within the game same as on FMH - please correct me if I'm wrong?

We can (and will at some stage) expand the number of leagues selectable within the game so there are more to choose from - however that wasn't what I thought you were meaning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PJ Bluenose 4 Ever:

Real life fixtures eg so Birmingham play Chelsea first away and then Sunderland and Man Utd play Reading eg 4 everyone ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the license to use real fixtures is incredibly expensive.

Finances:

The more I play the game, the more I think that it really needs this. I find it frustrating that you can sell a good number of players in a season but not have the need to buy anyone. The next season, a quality player may have retired or a good, new regen has appeard and you need to spend cash. However, the amount of money that you make doesnt seem to have a difference to the amount of money you get on transfer/wages. I think that clubs should have a balance and you should get prize money for placing in the league/competitions. This would make the game more enjoyable and realistic in my opinion. Also, when you sell a player it should go on your balance and transfer funds and when you ask the board for more money, then it should actually be possible to recieve more instead of them rejecting it every time. <STRIKE>Please</STRIKE> Pretty please consider finances in a future version of this game!

Sorry to double post but I cant edit my posts

Finances:

The more I play the game, the more I think that it really needs this. I find it frustrating that you can sell a good number of players in a season but not have the need to buy anyone. The next season, a quality player may have retired or a good, new regen may have appeared and you need to spend cash. However, the amount of money that you make in a season doesnt seem to have a difference to the amount of money you get on transfer/wages the next season. I think that clubs should have a balance and you should get prize money for placing in the league/competitions. This would make the game more enjoyable and realistic in my opinion. Also, when you sell a player it should go on your balance and transfer funds and when you ask the board for more money, then it should actually be possible to recieve more funds if your balance is high instead of them just rejecting it every time. <STRIKE>Please</STRIKE> Pretty please consider finances in a future version of this game!

I'd like more time to complete transfer deals. It's especially annoying when someone comes in for a player a day or two before the window closes and if I want to negotiate the price there's then no chance of the deal being completed because deadline always passes by.

Current Editor:

Club: "Current name" "Current Nation" "New Name" "New Short Name" "New Reputation" "New Division"

Player: "Current first name" "Current Surname" "Current club" "New first name" "New Surname" "New date of birth" "New current ability" "New potential ability" "New club"

I think that the editor is good but it could be improved greatly, here is how I think it should look.

New Editor:

Club: "Current name" "Current Nation" "New Name" "New Short Name" "New Reputation" "New club colour (e.g. light /dark blue, light/dark red etc)" "New transfer budget" "New wage budget" "New Nation" "New Division"

Player: "Current first name" "Current Surname" "Current club" "New first name" "New Surname" "New common name e.g Ronaldinho" "New date of birth (in DD/MM/YY format)" "New Nationality" "New current ability" "New potential ability" "New club"

New Club:

As you can see, there is a few changes. I want to be able to put the different clubs into different nations as well as leagues such as Barcelona in the English Premier League. I also think you should be able to give clubs a different transfer budget and wage budget when you start the game (Maxiumum figure such as £75m transfer and £250,000 wage.)

I also think that a few changes to player editing would be good. I think that obviously changing the players name needs to be sorted out but being able to put in a common name would also be a good function. I think changing the date of birth format to DD/MM/YY so you can specify exactly when the player was born would be good to make it realistic. Lastly, changing a players nationality and club colours would be good unless we could create clubs/players.

Some more things, most mentioned before:

- Player interaction!!! (I want to tell a player he's being an idiot getting consecutive red cards!)

- Better indications how my formation and instructions translate into play on the pitch

- Transfer negotiations near deadline implemented properly

- Unless my San Marino game is very atypical, a game more unforgiving in the financial side. It's way too easy to have a proper squad based on free signings. It's absurd the way you can "Bosman raid" players in November/December. More details on the cash flow is a nice to have here.

- League hopping: I'll even accept having a very long calculation period spent on loading and generating "extra" players for the new country; I'll accept losing information of the new country (big rep players and teams should of course keep most information); Just let me manage a team in England when I want to!

BUT: One of the best things about FMH06 is absolutely no loading at all! I'd rather keep this than add stuff. Really. The PSP is more of a medium for quick play anyway; for truly deep play, I'd go for a PC version for example. PSP is used on the road or those moments "in between" activities; usually the amount of concentration you have while using the PSP is a bit lower than when playing games on the PC.

not totally sure whats already been said but I did see you saying it doesnt hurt to repeat things so....

Reserve and youth teams are a must in my opinion

We should be able to cancel loans

The editor should allow for manager changes

On transfer deadline day we should be given more time as on the PC version where there are regular intervals

Thank you icon_smile.gif

has anyone here played cm2007 on psp??

i am guessing not cause again everytime i look in this thread all the 'must have' requests are already on cm, so i would imagine they have not played it.

Marc..I did not say 2 leagues ran at the same time, i said if a job was available in a different country, ie gordon strachan went to man u while i was with alfreton town, (oh yes, did i meantion you can manage all the way down to conference south?? in fact there are 7 leagues with more than 5 divisions in cm2007 and 3 with 7 or more)i could apply for the celtic job, if i got the job it would load and run the scottish leagues, thats wat i was trying to get across, sorry if it was not clear

i am guessing not cause again everytime i look in this thread all the 'must have' requests are already on cm, so i would imagine they have not played it.

Marc..I did not say 2 leagues ran at the same time, i said if a job was available in a different country, ie gordon strachan went to man u while i was with alfreton town, (oh yes, did i meantion you can manage all the way down to conference south?? in fact there are 7 leagues with more than 5 divisions in cm2007 and 3 with 7 or more)i could apply for the celtic job, if i got the job it would load and run the scottish leagues, thats wat i was trying to get across, sorry if it was not clear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yep, well the first one. it was a massive disappointment not what i expected at all, then again knowing it was from new devolopers i should of known really. could not get into it at all and really tried to persavere(?) with it........... icon_razz.gif anyway think the idea of this was to improve the better game, though i'd have to agree with you on the being able to change country option though think it would probably mean a reduced database or some sort of use of the memory stick as a hard-drvie replacement as lets face it, its the psp's memory limatations which limit the game.........

after reading through all the comments,(took me all day icon_frown.gif) i agree to most of the comments

- stadium manager where you can view details on the stadium and maybe/ upgrade things

- (DEFINETLY) have a b-team for the national squads just like real life

- player swaps with transfers, and more transfer/loan optiond

- more details on players eg, right/left foot, maybe player picz, more player info instead of standard 'your asst.manager believes ... is playing an important role for your club'

- more database players/ MORE PLAYERS 2 choose from

- BETTER SCOUTS and more expandable options!

- more options eg, where you can praise players, ask the supporters what they think

- better staff options, eg hiring and firing of staff and maybe staff uprgrading eg 'fifa 07'

What do you think marc, thnx inabit

i am guessing not cause again everytime I look in this thread all the 'must have' requests are already on cm, so i would imagine they have not played it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not played CM on PSP but from the comments on the CM boards from those who've played both, it does appear to be more comprehensive in features than FM, which backs up your statement.

I've already given my key desires. Only a few things needed to make it great.

Sony's decision to allow the use of the PSP's full processor speed should help with some things but you'll probably want the rumoured new PSP model.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

I've not played CM on PSP but from the comments on the CM boards from those who've played both, it does appear to be more comprehensive in features than FM, which backs up your statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be honest there are most likely games around which have a larger amount of features than FM Handheld - we're not looking to get into a 'game x has feature y' type battle with anyone, I just want to ensure that it is the best football management game available on the PSP.

To me this doesn't mean cramming a load of stuff into the game, its about trying to get the right balance of features and get those working as well as possible ... simple as that.

I don't want FMH to become a clone of FM PC - it will remain a more pick up and play game and faster (and slightly more fun imho icon_wink.gif ) than that version because its most suited to the PSP that way.

A few things i find annoying:

amount of leagues playable

things like on sugar daddy, this is the situation: i'm some crappy conference team i have a wage budget of 30k(ish) i use about 27(ish) and next season the wage budget halves and i'm stuck with 27k(ish) wages and only allowed something stupid like 15k(ish icon_wink.gif lol)

i don't think this has been said but, I WOULD LIKE THIS IN ALL VERSIONS (sorry for the rule breaking but i needed to draw the attention of readers and as bold is already on...

yes, what i'm getting at is tactical feedback, i haven't got a clue whether this tactic i'm using is good/bad/lucky/unfortunate!

something like an assistant report: "sam fuller, your assistant, leggy blonde has compiled a report on the 1-1 draw with reading.

things that worked well: belozglu emre tried plenty of long shots which worked extremely well as the pitch was dusty and troubled hahnemann

1. Loan players with option to buy them

2. Buy-out clauses (Deffo!)

3. Player exchanges (e.g Gallas + £5mil for A. Cole) + Player swaps (Deffo!)

4. More offers for players (Deffo!)

5. Youth Squads (Deffo!)

6. Reserve Squads (Deffo!)

7. Ability to cancel loans

8. Be able to talk to team (before, HT, and post match)

9. Let your assistant take control for a match

10. Get bonuses for Transfers if you win a cup or the league(Deffo!)

11. Fine Players

12. Feeder Clubs (DEFFO!)

13. Be able to pick friendlies, and option to have a shoot-out at the end

14. Stadium changes(Deffo!)

15. Able to change squad numbers

16. Takeover bids! (Deffo!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basicly what people are saying make FM like championshipbut manager better, because champ man has the detail which we want but FM is so much better then Champ man

Archived