The EPL - Football's Answer to the IPL

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade Season Has Opened

The FA, when they created the EPL, wanted as much interest in the competition as possible. They came up with a scheme which involves each of the owners trading players to improve their squad. No money will be involved but this can increase the excitement as owners try to find players to add to their squad and get rid of players that they do not need. The most trades you can make is 5This period will last a little longer than a week, it will start at midnight tonight and finish at midnight on Saturday the 18th of April giving you 8 days to find the players you want.

A list of players that teams are willing to sell and a list of positions that the owners need will be made in the discussion thread, a transfer list if you like. It will then be up to the owners to try to come to deals with other owners via methods of communication other than posting in the thread itself, such as private messages. When both owners have agreed to a trade BOTH of them have to post in the thread to confirm it has happened. Any questions please ask.

When you want to add the players you are willing to get rid of and the positions that you want to fill can you write a list with your team name and then the players/positions. For example:

Merseyside Magicians – Alonso, Silva, Guiza

Isle of Man Metros – Lampard, Terry

Merseyside Magicians – GK, ST, RB

Isle of Man Metros – LM, CM, CB

However, you do not need to use this and the players on this list are not the only players that can be transferred, you can offer for other players.

I do not want to sell those players.

Also, here is the save game if you want ot have a look around.

I think their should be a rule stating that relegated teams keep their players. Otherwise the other teams are just getting our players even though we don't want to sell them :thdn:

If we could make any trades we wanted and then, like Robert says, we should walk back into the division. The only worry would be the one team that ends up in the Play Offs as we all know that one bad result can cost you there. At least two will bounce straight back.

Will the youth teams produce any new players Robert? Otherwise the EPL would have limited shelf life.

Sorry for all the questions. Despite the Yorkers relegation, may I congratlate you on a superb sign up so far. Have not been a CSE'er long but I would imagine this must be a contender for the sign up of the year award?!

Keep it up mate, really looking forward to Season 3 and the Yorkers Return! :thup::thup::thup:

Surrey wouldn't mind getting rid of Arturo Vidal, Carlos Vela, Pablo Piatti, Remy Riou, Timo Hildebrand, Anthony Van Den Borre, Florent Sinama Pongolle and Steven Defour.

And I'm looking for a couple of Goalkeepers, a striker, two centre midfielders and a right back.

Yes they do produce youth players, i think. I'm pretty sure that if the tams keep all of their players then there is a very small chance of something going wrong in the playoffs as the gulf in quality is so good. But anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll probably get online most days in Marbella.

Surrey wouldn't mind getting rid of Arturo Vidal, Carlos Vela, Pablo Piatti, Remy Riou, Timo Hildebrand, Anthony Van Den Borre, Florent Sinama Pongolle and Steven Defour.

And I'm looking for a couple of Goalkeepers, a striker, two centre midfielders and a right back.

Carlos Vela for Cassano?

The Cornwall Cannon's are offering- Ronaldinho, Benni McCarthy, Nilmar, Yossi Benayoun and Bodmer as trade bait. In exchange, we are after: a star striker and a left winger.

Are we allowed to privately arrange trade's via PM Robert? Or must it all be done on here?

Quicker saying the whole team Taylor ;)

True :p, anyone who didn't get a 7 rating on average can go in all honesty:P

TaylorB, I think I want rid of Thierry Henry. Interested? I'd like a trade involving Carlos Vela. We need a little bit of a reshuffle and I think the older players need to leave to give us a shot in the future as the players improve!

EDIT: It seems that Vela is in demand!

Sounds great, I'd do that deal for sure :D

TaylorB- Would you be willing to give me Benzema in exchange for Ronaldinho and another player?

Depends who the other player you have in mind is

EDIT: Looked through you're squad but couldn't find anyone I wanted/needed so no deal, sorry.

Your choice mate, Whoever you reckon would fit your team best, But I have to agree with the selection ;)

EDIT: It's alright mate, It was bold idea that didn't quite come off. And there' no chance of a straight swap between the two?

Greater Manchester are offering up some quality players for the draft. I present Coupet (GK), Carrizo (GK), Ponzio, Engelaar, Schweinsteiger, Pazzini, Bendtner and Claudio Pizarro.

I'll have a snoop around the other teams later.

Robert are the squad lists on the previous page the basis for the draft or will there be an updated list at any point?

Tomaldinho- Who would you want from the Cannon's for Schweinsteiger? Always admired him.

Yeah I think he's a good player but as long as my team do not fire my manager I doubt he will get many games as he only managed 7 starts so he clearly doesn't fit into the manager's plans. I think I picked a preferred formation that doesn't use wingers so much so maybe this is the reason for him not being included.

As for a possible trade, I need defenders more than anything so I'd be asking for Bordon or a combination of Grosso/De Jong. Possibly a cheeky offer but I don't have the game so I have no idea how these players are in FM this year so I have no way to relate the players to each other.

Anyone fancy making a list of all the available player with their teams? I would but I'm busy packing. I guess you can just do the negotiating in here. Aslo, you can not trade two players for one or vice verca and remember you have a limit of 5 trades. If you have completed a trade can you write, for example:

Ferando Torres (Surrey) - Emanuel Adebayor (Greater Manchester)

and when I'm in Marebella I'll create a list with them all in.

Worcester Wonders Trade List

Up for trade

Denison

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink

Gilardino,

Elano

Huntelaar

Looking for

Either a good keeper, an attacking central midfielder but mainly a good goal scoring striker.

Any other players you want, you'll have to make a good offer. Other good players in the squad are: Ramos, Skrtel,Squillaci, Aurelio, Rafinha, Forlan, VdV, Mascherano, Hargreeves, Simao and Eduardo

Archived